PDA

View Full Version : Part 1 of cardiac stress test is done

imgoingtodisney
06-16-2003, 07:05 PM
Im really not foreseeing any trouble. I think the hardest part will be no coffee in the morning! None 1st thing Wed morn either!
Stress test is 830-1030 Tues and then back again 830-930 Wed morn.
I am planning on stopping back home to shower and have brkfst/coffee before I head into work.

back at work again - the stress test wasnt so bad - I can see people getting claustrophobic tho - not something i would have thought about - but that machine comes right up over ya - starts on the right and heads on over to the left as it takes pictures - that part took about 1/2hr
Took almost an hr to do the treadmill part of the test
After I walked I had a pkg of Lorna Doone's (not on the diet but at least they are shortbread) and a glass of cranberry juice before they took the xrays

They say tomorrow have breakfast and I can take my vitamins. Gotta go back for more xrays.

They say I did good. Cardiologist asked if I always have such low blood pressure! must be all the walking I do

mowsie dreamer
06-16-2003, 07:51 PM
I'm sure things will go well for you, but here's some PD coming your way anyhow. Hey--can't hurt, can it, especially when you have to forgo morning coffee! Let us know how it goes.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

AlreadyexcitedGrammy
06-16-2003, 07:56 PM
Are they doing 2 different tests? I have done a stress test before but not on 2 different days. Did one where they shoot the dye and come back a few hours later for x-rays.

Good luck and WISHing you the best of results. Sending PD your way so that you aren't missing that coffee - guess you don't driink decaf if you will miss it!

karebear1
06-16-2003, 09:08 PM
Good luck and try not to worry- I'm sure everything will turn out just fine! I'll be thinking about you tomorrow morning!

nativetxn
06-16-2003, 09:26 PM
My husband has these stress tests every six months. I'll bet you pass with flying colors.

imgoingtodisney
06-17-2003, 05:12 AM
Good morning - every morn I sit here w/my coffee & raisin bran and DIS before getting DS to the bus stop.

They have me coming in today for the treadmill & "pictures" (will put the dye in an IV, etc) -- tomorrow they have me coming back for more x-rays.

Tiger Lily 03
06-17-2003, 02:11 PM
Barb, PD and {{HUGS}}
Hope it all turns out good news!

nativetxn
06-17-2003, 02:30 PM
I'm glad it went well, Barb. Sounds like you are very healthy.