PDA

View Full Version : My Doc is not too thrilled....

Poohbear123
06-16-2003, 06:14 PM
that I am on the Atkins diet...........I am changing Doctors.:o

nativetxn
06-16-2003, 08:27 PM
I would change doctors too. There are physicians who have actually read the research. Find one of them. :)

karebear1
06-16-2003, 08:35 PM
I agree. My dr. kinda gave me that look- but I said HEY! Let's see what happens- and then showed here theresults from being on it for 3 weeks. She changed her tune really fast! Now she doesn't mind it.

AlreadyexcitedGrammy
06-16-2003, 08:44 PM
she thought it was a good diet!!!!!!!!!!

I told her that I was doing WW and she said "well just watch the carbs"!!!!! I admit that I am not doing much bread, potatoes, etc but I did not do well on Atkins and WW's is the first thing that has worked for me. (So, I "ain't messing with success").

I mentioned my DH has had by-pass and we don't eat much meat anymore and hardly any red meat. She said "oh, I think red meat 3 x a week is okay"! Well, I am not going there - DH off it and I don't want him back to that. I never have been crazy about meat period, so its fine with me with mostly chix, fish, etc. We still enjoy a "real" hamburg and steak once in awhile, too!

She went on to say that she feels even cardiologists don't understand Atkings and low carb.

She isn't taking new patients or I am just sure that she would be just the right one for you :D

Poohbear123
06-16-2003, 09:14 PM
Changing Dr.'s This one had the nerve, to ask me how old I was, 50 or 55?:eek: Instead of just looking at my chart, and SEEING my age....:rolleyes: (45 A**hole). This is my second visit and I am NOT impressed at ALL!:mad: Does not seem happy at all that I lost weight, just wanted to lecture me on the DIET!:mad: Gad, what an IDIOT!:rolleyes:

Mskanga
06-16-2003, 09:25 PM
You would love my dh's doctor, he LOVES Atkins and he is an absolute DISNEY NUT, he's a DVC owner.;)

karebear1
06-16-2003, 10:06 PM
Oh OLGA! You lucky GIRL!!!!!!!!! Where do you live an what is his name? I think I'll move there for him alone! :p

geetey
06-17-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Poohbear123
Changing Dr.'s This one had the nerve, to ask me how old I was, 50 or 55?:eek: Instead of just looking at my chart, and SEEING my age....:rolleyes: (45 A**hole). This is my second visit and I am NOT impressed at ALL!:mad: Does not seem happy at all that I lost weight, just wanted to lecture me on the DIET!:mad: Gad, what an IDIOT!:rolleyes:

Are you KIDDING me?!?!? I would most definitely be getting a new doctor pronto quickly!!! That's just downright RUDE not to look at the chart and see how old a person is! SHEESH!!!

My dh's doctor is an Atkins fan as well. In fact, that is his WOE. :) The right doctor is out there. You just have to hunt them down! LOL!

Fantasia Sam
06-17-2003, 06:00 AM
Ooooo Poohbear123 sorry to hear about your quack, oops I mean doctor ;)

I went to my doctor the other day and told her if it was OK to be on the Slimming World dient and if that was OK with my reflux coz I knew how Doctors have lots of "opinions" about SOME diets. She laughed and said my diet was fine and if I wanted to do the Atkins that was fine with her too as she thinks it's an excellent diet and is currently on it. So we decided to see who did the best on weight loss. I was very pleased to have so much encouragement from my doctor.

Poohbear123
06-17-2003, 03:35 PM
You helped me make my decision......I AM CHANGING for SURE now!;) There is another Doc. in the SAME office, but I have no idea what he is like, so I might change to another location ALL together.;) This Doc. is a little OLDER than what I am used to, like 65 or 70 :teeth: so, I need a younger more caring Doc. at this time.;)