PDA

View Full Version : Sky Auction ORANGE LAKE COUNTRY CLUB

HeatherC
06-16-2003, 07:02 AM
I just posted this on the budget board....oops...sorry.

Just wanted some input on the following....

I won a Ready Set Go Auction on Sky Auction for Orange Lake in November. Paid for the room and they emailed me a "Guest Certificate" which I printed out. Is this all I need to check in?

Also...where should I ask for location? I will be traveling with my dh and kids 2,4,and 6.

The auction was for a 2br for $269 including all taxes!!! Please tell me this has worked for others in the past?

Thanks so much for any input!!!!!!

hawt1
06-16-2003, 10:23 AM
Go for North village.

What you have is all that you need.

You'll love it there.

Local_Girl
06-16-2003, 10:46 AM
I, too, won a Skyauction for Orange Lake weeks ago. Could you tell us when would be the best time for us to make a request for North Village--upon arrival or sometime prior to arrival (and if the latter, when?)? Thanks so much for any info! :D

hawt1
06-16-2003, 10:48 AM
They are recpetive to phone calls about one week prior to arrival...but make no guarantees as owners get first choice of where they want to stay.

Local_Girl
06-16-2003, 11:01 AM
Thanks so much for the quick reply!! We're looking forward to a great trip thanks to lots of invaluable info from these boards.

:bounce:

lawgs
06-28-2003, 01:09 PM
supposedly the "guest certificate" you receive does not change over to your "name " until about 3 days prior to your arrival...up to that point it is listed as some "code" related to RCI acccording to the "certificates" we have received from skyauction

that being said, how did were you able to print out the "email" attachment they sent to you ( which by the way you paid 15$ for as the processing fee ) ...we have never been able to print "it" out and have had to call and request a "fed ex" of our certificate...

skyauction is a "bargain for sure" ...we own there ....and to just use our week it costs us 500$+ ( fees and taxes per year, not to mention our initial outlay which decreases as time goes along but still has to be factored in ) even more if we do an internal exchange ...so 250$ or so is a good deal.....does not pay to own timeshare when you can rent it for ......shall we say peanuts

nothing like the "story" they tell you when you are touring ....how the price of accommodations are just going to to UP and UP as the years roll by....we have noticed just the opposite ......that with rentals like skyauction .....

if you plan right you can get decent accommodation for less....

HeatherC
06-28-2003, 01:30 PM
Hi - We were able print out the guest certificate. I have Outlook Express for my email. It came as an attachment that looks like a "paperclip". I just clicked on it and it opened it up. I was also able to do this for my parents reservation and my inlaws as well. I'm sorry you can't open them....I'm really not that good with the technical stuff to figure out why it opened on mine and not someone elses.

Heather

lawgs
06-28-2003, 02:18 PM
that may explain it then since we use Eudora and it does not handle .tiff files i guess....or maybe sky auction has changed the format that they send the "document" out as .....the best thing they could do is sent it out as a .pdf since adobe is universal format...

i used a paint program but the document was all black with white printing...and BIG.....it would have been a waste of ink trying to print it out.....

thanks once again...for your quick reply

noritake1
07-03-2003, 04:49 PM
What is a sky auction and how do I sign up? Thanks Jill

lawgs
07-03-2003, 05:11 PM
go to ...

www.skyauction.com

they explain it all there about signing up

sln88
07-03-2003, 06:37 PM
a great place to bid on weekly vacation condo rentals. Many on this board have gotten 2 bedroom condos in Orlando for around $250 for a week. The best auction to bid on is the ready, set, go auction. You can win that for around $50, and then add on their fees of $195 and $15. There are no timeshare presentations to sit through, and you get to pick where you want to stay(based on availability).
I used them last year, and have a place reserved for this fall.

If you have any more questiosn, let me know.

lexis53
07-04-2003, 05:35 PM
I am about to do the auction and have a few questions ;)

Is Orange Lake the one to get? It is available right now as are a bunch of others in 2 bedroom.

When do I pay for this auction? Will the site email me? Should I call them to pay for it? The auctions right now are fairly low and I would like to get it but want to pay for it on the 16th? Is this like EBay where I usually pay within 7-10 days? Thanks for answering! Alexis :)

lawgs
07-04-2003, 10:16 PM
once you have won the auction....they will charge your credit card on file...no delay

if it is not on file, you will get an email asking for payment

the charges for ready set go are ....195 + 15 + your bid

a lot of times two bedrooms do not show up.....and i would never take less than a full kitchen just to make sure you are not being given the "short" side of a lock out when you get to a resort...( this has been known to happen )

lexis53
07-05-2003, 12:26 AM
If it says 2 bedroom and full kitchen, is this what I am getting or should I print it off and show them that I am supposed to have one?

lawgs
07-05-2003, 10:10 AM
with ready set go .....you can pre select the resort you want ( if available and you know your time frame ) to bid on and put it on HOLD....if you do not know your time frame you can always select later but the bid number should have all the necessary information in it...

once you win your bid, you just confirm on the net or in our case we usually call and make sure that they have the right information

as a rule, if you are getting a two bedroom it should have the full kitchen .....it is the one bedroom ( which can be the lock off section of a two bedroom ) which may or may not have full kitchen if the resort you bid into "decides" to place you there

you should be fine if you choose a two bedroom and if it is Gold Crown that is even better...it means it meets a HIGH standard

lexis53
07-05-2003, 01:54 PM
Thanks for answering all my questions :D

leslieh
07-08-2003, 09:10 PM
I bid on the Vistana for summer weeks, of course my bid went under the next day, how long did it take you to get the bid, I m looking for something in august, is this unrealistic? I went to the last minute auctions. Any help will be appreciated.

sln88
07-09-2003, 03:07 PM
lesliah
what kind of auction did you bid on? A ready, set, go? How much did you bid?