PDA

View Full Version : O'hana's rice recipe please

bunnymkc
06-15-2003, 10:06 PM
just did a search here and cound not find this recipe..want to make it to surprise a wonderful DDIL..ALSO DIDN'T WE HAVE A SITE HERE WITH ALL THE dISNEY RECIPES..CAN'T FIND THAT EITHER..PLEASE HELP..sorry for caps locked..tia marianne

piratesmate
06-16-2003, 08:10 AM
Citrus Rice
Polynesian

1 1/3 cups water
1/2 tsp. Salt
7 Tbsp. butter, divided
1 1/3 cups pre-cooked rice
2/3 cup chopped celery
1/3 cup chopped Spanish onion
3 Tbsp. chopped orange peel
1 1/2 Tbsp. chopped lemon peel
1/3 cup orange juice
3 Tbsp. chicken broth
Salt and white pepper to taste

Bring water, salt and 2 tsp. butter to a boil. Stir in rice. Cover and remove from heat. At the end of 5 min., fluff with a fork. Set aside.

Heat remaining butter in a 9" skillet. Add celery, onion, orange and lemon peels and mix in rice. Sauté for 7 minutes. Add orange juice and chicken broth and season to taste. Spoon into a 1-quart buttered casserole and bake at 350 deg. F for 15 min.

The site I always use first is Margie J's (http://www.homestead.com/disneyrecipes/index4.html). (She posts here.)

Deb

Margie J
06-16-2003, 05:09 PM
Thanks Deb! :) Here's another recipe from the Poly:

Luau Fried Rice

1 1/2 cups uncooked rice
3 tsp. vegetable oil
2 tsp. soy sauce
3 cups water
1 1/2 tsp. sugar
1 egg scrambled, cut in strips
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. white pepper
1 1/2 tsp garlic flavored oil*

Combine rice, vegetable oil, soy sauce and water. Bring to a boil, stir, cover, and cook over low heat 12 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients and let stand over low heat, covered, 3 min. longer

*Note: If garlic flavored oil in not available, put a garlic clove on a toothpick and add to rice while cooking. Remove before serving.

bunnymkc
06-17-2003, 04:34 PM
It always amazes me how fast you guys respond..also added marges site to my favorites..thanks again..can't wait to make it!! Marianne

piratesmate
06-19-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by bunnymkc
It always amazes me how fast you guys respond..

I'm not speaking for Margie, but I need to get a life! ;) Seriously, I troll here a couple times a day looking for something new to make for dinner! :teeth:

Deb