PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a bring a dish to share for a 20th Wedding Anniversary Party

crazyforpooh
06-15-2003, 05:39 PM
DH and I are going to renew our vows in October for our 20th anniversary. We are inviting our family, a few close friends. Perhaps around 50 people.

After renewing our vows I would like to have a fall outing at our home. I don't want to spend a lot of $$ for the party because I'd like to either go away for a couple of nights or buy a new (never had new) bedroom set. So, I thought I could ask since they are family to bring a dish to share. So I'm looking for about say 15 recipes or suggestions.

I thought I'd bake a sprial ham, and roast beef the evening or morning of so I need salads, and things to go with it.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Laura
A Scrapaholic

pumba
06-15-2003, 08:07 PM
so a veggie tray with a dip.....
potato chips and a dip......
meatballs in a sauce.....
little hot dogs with grape jelly and mustard ....equal parts....
tossed salad.....with one common dressing....croutons
macaroni salad with either a salad dressing or an italian dressing...
potato salad
cheese and crackers......

zulaya
06-15-2003, 10:20 PM
Even though it says summer, this is a good quick and tasty salad for all year round.

Summer Tortellini Salad
Ingredients:
1 package (9 ounces) uncooked refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
4 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
1/2 cup fat-free ranch dressing
2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Directions:
1. Cook tortellini according to package directions in Professional (8-qt.) Stockpot; drain and rinse under cold running water using large Colander. Place tortellini in large Colander Bowl and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, slice zucchini . Chop carrot . Cut cherry tomatoes in half and slice green onions. Snip parsley s.
3. Add vegetables to tortellini. Pour salad dressing over salad. Grate Parmesan cheese over salad ; mix gently. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.

crazyforpooh
06-16-2003, 11:38 AM
The tortellini salad sounds great. I think I'm going to make that to take on our vacation to go with lunch or dinner.

Thanks