PDA

View Full Version : Wedding dress fits again!

TigH
06-15-2003, 10:22 AM
WOO-HOO!!!

I tried on the dress that I got married in (not a traditional wedding dress, we had a small justice of the peace ceremony). It fits again, and it fits BETTER than it did when we got married on May 19, 1997! :) I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also tried on a dress that I wore to a friend's wedding in 1997 and it fit better than it did when I wore it. I am so psyched!!!! So I am thinking I could have two dresses to take on a cruise with me if I can just convince DH that we can swing a cruise! ;)

So all my old clothes fit again and they fit better than they used to. I even tried on a skirt that I bought for my honeymoon that I was too chicken to wear (it was snug back then) and IT FIT GREAT!!!! It's really out of style now, but I might just get a white halter top to wear with it and drag it out of the closet! I guess I am officially in better shape now than I was when I met my husband back in 1995!!!! I am just a few pounds away from the 130s, and I haven't seen the 130s since 1988 or 1989!

Everyone keep chugging along! Never say never! Check in here daily, that is what keeps me motivated!!!! Don't worry so much about the number on the scale, keep measuring and trying on clothes that didn't fit so well before!

Well, off to mow the lawn and burn some calories! ;)

KayleeUK
06-15-2003, 10:55 AM
Well done you :D

nativetxn
06-15-2003, 12:16 PM
That's so great, Karen. You have been so successful with this weight loss.

Thanks for the extra motivation, today. You have inspired me to try to get back into my wedding gown. It's very old and in a heritage box in the basement. I'll have to find it, I haven't tried it on since December 19, 1971.

Congratulations, Karen, and good luck talking your dh into a cruise.

I wish we could plan a WISH cruise, wouldn't that be a hoot?

ohMom
06-15-2003, 12:19 PM
you are one hottie lean machine!!

I can sorta relate - I actually said to my DH "I'd be curious to see how my wedding dress fits now?" he saids "NO WAY!" LOL - my dress was chemically treated and vacuum sealed so I guess it would be a little on the extragant side to send it away to be professionally unsealed, try it on, then sent it back to be resealed! but, I'm still curious..........

I'm 8 lbs away from my wedding day weight and 3 lbs away from pre-pregnancy weight from my youngest DD! I haven't been here since then :)

I have a few things I've dug out that do fit now and I think "why did I keep this?" and now I want to go buy new stuff instead!! little by little I plan on replacing my wardrobe!

Karen - you are sooooo inspirational to everyone here on WISH!

How about a 4 day wonder cruise - say ummmmm, Dec 7 - 11???

karebear1
06-15-2003, 12:31 PM
How exciting! It must be so fun to see that you are progressing in such a positive manner! I'm proud of you Karen! WAY TO GO!

Debbie
06-15-2003, 12:40 PM
Weigh to go, Karen! You are an inspiration to us all. Thank you!

tiggerlover
06-15-2003, 01:04 PM
Karen, that is absolutely fabulous!!! You must be feeling great about all you have accomplished the last few months, congratulations!! You are such an inspiration!!

geetey
06-15-2003, 01:50 PM
Karen!!! Molli!!!

WOWsers to both of you!!!!!!!!! You are both doing so great!!! It is really a great feeling to be able to fit into previously too tight clothing!!! Way to go!!! :teeth: