PDA

View Full Version : Lasik Follow-Up

John In Illinois
06-13-2003, 05:27 PM
I went to my Opthalmic Surgeon for my 10 day Lasik follow-up exam today. After a thorough screening/exam, he pronounced that I now have 20/25 vision (from a pre surgical low of 20/450).

All during the prelims leading up to the surgery, and in all of the Legal documents I had to sign, it states clearly that there is NO guarantee of any succesful outcome. With this in mind, after "scoping" my eyes today, the Doctor pronounced that when my vision finally stabilizes (this takes up to a couple of months), he "practically" (rhymes with not LEGALLY) LOL , guarantees me 20/20 vision!!

This has worked out better than I dared allow myself to imagine it ever could!

My world has opened up like never before!

Just wanted to share with all of you......now back to your regular WISHing.

:p

karebear1
06-13-2003, 05:47 PM
That's really great to hear John! I'll bet you're one happy camper!!!

ohiominnie
06-13-2003, 09:55 PM
maybe now we can see your head. ;)

nativetxn
06-13-2003, 10:27 PM
I'm so glad to hear this, John. What a blessing that surgery can be.

Jomrog
06-13-2003, 11:01 PM
That's excellent, John.

Kelsie
06-14-2003, 12:03 AM
That's such great news, John! :) It's difficult for me to imagine since my eyesite has always been 20/20, well...until I got old and they made the print so much smaller!!

(but, you're still irritating :smooth: )

John In Illinois
06-14-2003, 12:06 AM
*typing as small as I can* (just to irritate the old one) :p

lmhall2000
06-14-2003, 12:42 AM
GREAT NEWS!!!!! And I can vouch for my eyes- I was 20/600 eek! and I'm 4 years post-op and my eyes are perfect! The only weird thing I've noticed is that when I rub my eyes (like allergies or things like that) I notice my eyes will not focus for about 3-5 seconds then they go back to perfect- so I just try not to rub them other than that they're GREAT and so worth it!
So tell me the truth- were you prepared for the actual procedure?? I handled 40 hours of labor with each child and 95% of it with no meds- but I kind of squeaked inside when they stuck that suction to my eyeball and then you know the rest! I was just SOO glad it didn't last over 3 minutes! WHEW!

Glad you're back and seeing clearly!
Tara

Luvinit
06-14-2003, 09:48 AM
I am sooo Glad this has worked out for you John!! You have worked so hard you really deserve this!! Congrads!!!

Tracy

mowsie dreamer
06-14-2003, 02:16 PM
How cool, John! from 20/450 to 20/25 is great! And for your doc to say it is almost certain to go to 20/20 is wonderful!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc I'm so happy that this surgery has been such a success for you.

I'm confused :confused: about one thing, though. Since you don't have a head, how can you see??????;)

John In Illinois
06-14-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by mowsie dreamer
I'm confused :confused: about one thing, though. Since you don't have a head, how can you see??????;)

Two words...............

Human Periscope!!!

:p

KarenNY
06-14-2003, 10:42 PM
LOL, John. Lasik is fantastic. I had my left eye done several years ago. I had complications during surgery, but my vision in that eye is now 20/15 (was 20/200 pre-surgery).

TigH
06-15-2003, 10:09 AM
That is awesome news, John!!! This is your year, isn't it? You are really getting into shape, burning through the clippies, and now your vision is improved. Does that mean you might see yourself in a better light and decide to let us gaze upon those beautiful eyes ourselves? :) Puh-lease????????? :) :) :) :)

geetey
06-15-2003, 01:06 PM
John, this is fantastic news!!!! I envy you! I really do!! Enjoy those new peepers! :)

Originally posted by lmhall2000
So tell me the truth- were you prepared for the actual procedure?? I handled 40 hours of labor with each child and 95% of it with no meds- but I kind of squeaked inside when they stuck that suction to my eyeball and then you know the rest! I was just SOO glad it didn't last over 3 minutes! WHEW!
Tara

TARA! EEK!! :eek: Since I am considering this surgery, I don't know if I should ask you to explain or not!!!! :eek: ;)

John In Illinois
06-15-2003, 03:41 PM
Terry,

I can honestly say that this procedure was less painful than the average teeth cleaning!!

It was over before I realized it, and each eye was "lasered" for only 17 seconds!

The apprehension I felt briefly beforehand was overshadowed by reality so much, that I now feel silly for having felt the slightest bit afraid.

This is the most AMAZING procedure!

:)

CarolA
06-15-2003, 08:59 PM
I had it and I love it. However, I do caution everyone to make sure they get a doctor with lots of experience and make sure they understand ALL the possible complications.

My Doctor does a lot of them and he is a personal friend, but it still took me quite a while to get up my nerve.

If ANYTHING in the prep process makes you nervous find another doctor. (For example, if they tell you over the phone or before they examine you that you are a good canidate RUN!)

geetey
06-15-2003, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the reassurance, John!!

Now I have to decide..... give up Disney for a year and have lasik or go to WDW each year?