PDA

View Full Version : I'm so bummed-**Updated-THIS SUCKS!

Wagamama
06-13-2003, 09:49 AM
today is my weighing in day. but the bloat fairy is paying me a visit cause its almost TOM. I REALLY wanted to see how i was doing, but i know if i weigh myself today it'll show that i've gained weight. :( :(

Sue & Co.
06-13-2003, 11:06 AM
know it doesn't really help but just remember the bloat fairy can't stay forever and when she goes your weight will drop. Just hang on in there.

yasuern
06-13-2003, 12:27 PM
Hey don't be bummed - I know exactly how you feel - yesterday was my weigh in day at WW and I dragged my not so little self to the meeting and jumped up - well actually gingerly stepped onto that scale - like stepping on softly was going to make a difference - anyways yesterday was the 1st day of my period and I knew that BAD BAD BLOAT FAIRY was going to make me show a gain - and it did but to my total amazement it was 0.1lb thats it I was totallly shocked! So weigh in it might not be as bad as you think its going to be and also the good thing about that dreaded Bloat Fairy is that you know next week you are going to show a loss! GOOD LUCK!:D

Sue

Wagamama
06-13-2003, 06:31 PM
This seriously sucks...i've GAINED 5 pounds.... I'm so mad i think i broke our scale when i threw it. AUGH!!!!!!!!!!!

ohMom
06-13-2003, 07:27 PM
snap out of it!! :) no offense of course!

you know that the nasty BF can't stay forever. You are staying OP, we know that b/c of your star challenge. You are exercising and drinking your water right?? Limiting your salt when TOM is on his way over??

I can't remember your plan or if it's in your signature - but whatever it is - it WILL work! Mind over matter, or mind over pounds in this case!

The first few months of WW if I wasn't faithful or knew the BF was here, I just skipped the WI for the week. That helped me keep my spirits up by not taking the risk of being crushed like you were today. So don't feel bad if you choose to do that sometime.

But, for the here and now - use this information to take control when the cravings come, or when you don't want to exercise, or when you feel like "cheating"; know that you are taking steps for better results next week. Don't let this get the best of you, then the BF wins and we can't let it (him/her??) WIN! NO WAY!!:mad:

nativetxn
06-13-2003, 08:43 PM
It doesn't get better after menopause, either :rolleyes:

That bloat fairy is just <i>so</i> rude :mad:

Don't allow yourself to get upset over a temporary situation, sweetie. That just makes the bloat fairy happy and gives <i>you</i> frownlines.

Just think, after the fluid is gone you will lose at least 5 pounds right away and most likely the water will take some fat along with it.

Katholyn

Wagamama
06-13-2003, 09:14 PM
but even if all 5 of the pounds were water, i'd still be at my original weight!! even with all this darn walking!

nativetxn
06-13-2003, 09:47 PM
If you have been faithful to your eating program then you may have actually lost but because of TOM you are showing a gain.

Are you following a formal eating plan?