PDA

View Full Version : Looking for summer recipes

tiggerlover
06-12-2003, 02:54 PM
The heat has decended on northern Italy and it is time to spend as little time as possible in the kitchen. I am seeking recipes that do not required using the oven. Stovetop cooking, crockpot cooking or things you can cook earlier in the day a put in the fridge would be great. If any one has any recipes or ideas to share I would love to hear them.

Thanks in advance.

piratesmate
06-12-2003, 03:17 PM
You didn't mention grilling - is that not an option for you? I found some really good marinades last year - using little or no oil and/or sugar. My favorite summertime meals include some sort of grilled meat, pasta salad & either a green salad or just fresh veggies with dip. Let me know if you want some of the marinades.

My other favs include Taco Salad & Durban Spiced Chicken Salad. I've posted them before,but would be happy to do so again if you are interested.

Have you thought about cooking a bunch of chicken in your crock overnight & then shredding it & freezing in recipe size bags? I do this all the time. It means I can make a pot of chili or even Tortilla Soup (a fast one) in a very short time without making the kitchen too hot.

pumba
06-12-2003, 03:39 PM
a nesco cooker roaster.....it is a good size to cook anything that you would cook in your oven.....it keeps the house cool......and I would like to have meats and veggie and potatoes in the summer.......she put two stuffed chickens in it.....she has made her bread in it.....she cooks all of her best roasts and I decided I WANT ONE......