PDA

View Full Version : Hey, WATPers (and Kelsie)!!!

WebmasterKathy
06-12-2003, 12:12 PM
Who's up for a group Walk Away the Pounds session tonight?:p

I'm ready to go for two miles... who wants to go with me?

(Kelsie? I promise we won't leave you behind. You can stop to rest midway if you need to! You don't even have to wear shoes while you WATP if you don't want to.:) )

geetey
06-12-2003, 12:16 PM
I'm in!!! I will my water bottle, hand and ankle weights ready! What time are we meeting? I love a group walk. Just give me a little room so I don't bump anyone when we do those side steps. ;) hee hee

WebmasterKathy
06-12-2003, 12:21 PM
What time's good for you?

How about 8:00 CST?

(I haven't started packing for vacation yet, and I fly out at 7:00 AM tomorrow. Do you think there's ANY chance I can be finished packing by 8:00?)

nativetxn
06-12-2003, 12:48 PM
I can't do two miles yet. My hips won't let me go that far, I'm forcing myself to finish the one mile.

I'm going downstairs now and do my one mile.

WebmasterKathy
06-12-2003, 12:50 PM
Katholyn, I don't know if I can do two miles or not. I may get halfway through and collapse on the sofa!!!:o

:p

kamgen
06-12-2003, 12:52 PM
I did 2 miles this morning!!! Sorry guys! I will be with you in WATP spirit! :)
You can do it! :)

PartyofSix
06-12-2003, 01:35 PM
As long as i don't have to wear shoes i'm in. I'm hitting 5 for 5 nights this week watps'. I need a new pair of tennis shoes anyone have connections as penny's tell them to put the dang avia's on sale and for crying out loud order some size 10's for us big footed folks.LOL Kathy you'll be fine. I have a surpise for you but i can't tell you till you get back from your trip and no i have'nt lost more weight.LOL

WebmasterKathy
06-12-2003, 01:53 PM
First, it's really not nice to tease me with something you can't tell me yet. You know I'm not patient about waiting!!

Second, Penney's has this nice Easy Spirit walking shoe on sale at www.jcpenney.com
http://a666.g.akamaitech.net/7/666/175/2003030310/www1.jcpenney.com/images/large/0900631b805c8232L.jpg for $39.99, all the way up to size 11!:teeth:

Us gals with more generous-sized feet have to shop online!

nativetxn
06-12-2003, 02:07 PM
I do the WATP barefoot. I hope that's alright :)

Okay, here's the scoop, Kathy. I decided to try the two mile and I made it half way through. I will keep working until I can do the entire two miles.

I do better doing the walk earlier in the day, lucky for me I don't work outside the home.

PartyofSix
06-12-2003, 02:10 PM
Kath I'm so proud of you look at you move gal. Don't worry i prefer to do the watp tape barefoot too!

Kathy::p THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT.:confused:

And what kinda ole' lady shoes you walking in girl?LOL I'll stick to my avia's thank you. I bet you get commission on those ugly shoes don't you:eek:

nativetxn
06-12-2003, 02:15 PM
Tammy, would you like to tell me exactly what would be a good time to call you? I've tried twice and you were at the shop both times.

TCKK
06-12-2003, 02:46 PM
Ok. I'm up for it.:bounce:

WebmasterKathy
06-12-2003, 02:53 PM
Tammy, don't make me come to Georgia and whip you with my old-lady cane!:p

Okay, fine. You can order these from kohls.com for $39.99:

http://www.kohls.com/media/Photos/Shoes_Athletic_Appl/239_Womens_Athletic_Shoes/50_Womens_Walking/AVIA33857_23953P_532ed.JPG

Is that more your style?:jester:

WebmasterKathy
06-12-2003, 02:57 PM
Katholyn, I'm so proud of you for doing a mile! I know it wasn't easy to get started, but here you are, trying for a little more!!!

Pretty soon I won't be able to keep up with you!

I think barefoot is fine. That's what I do, too.

loisg1
06-12-2003, 03:01 PM
I did my WATPs first thing this morning as well. If it doesn't get done early... it just doesn't seem to happen. :o

Katholyn, I do the WATPs barefoot too. Soooo, I hope it's all right. ;) ;) Today, it was all I could do to drag myself through the Abs 10 minute toning tape and the two mile walk the walk tape. Some days, it's just like that!!

Have a great day,
Lois

Meriweather
06-12-2003, 03:58 PM
I do the WATP's barefoot too! :teeth:
I can do the whole 2 mile tape now..........but didn't today.
My back hurts :(

Wish I could join you tonight (no I don't), DH and I are going on a Murder Mystery DINNER (wish me luck on that) Train trip tonight. Can't wait.
Leaving to go pick him up at work in an hour........now what to wear?? :confused:

PartyofSix
06-12-2003, 06:31 PM
Kath: I'm so sorry i missed your calls my Nanny is'nt a message taker is she.LOL She never tells me about a call unless it's to do with the kids or DH. I'm home now and i need a buddy. I had a bad afternoon (work related) and not to mention i got bad diet stress today (don't even ask!) and well call me girl i'm home.

Hey Kathy where did you get your sense of fashion? OMG those are ugly shoes girl. I thought we you showed those cute dress, and i'll even give you a thumbs up on your new swimsuit but the footwear you are showcasing is well....... just plain dang ugly girl.LOL I'm into colored shoes like kaki (you can't see the dirt as bad>LOL). We go to the dirt track (car races) and my shoes get filty out there.

On a side note i hope you got all packed up and Nah, Nah I'm NOT walking. I'm pouting and mad about lunch today! My dang distrubing discovery! STOP LAUGHING IT'S NOT FUNNY:mad:

nativetxn
06-12-2003, 06:54 PM
I got a busy signal this time :teeth:

geetey
06-12-2003, 07:25 PM
It's almost time!!!!

Kathy!! Are you finished packing yet or do you need to move the walking time back to 8:30 pm? I am ready and willing!! :teeth:

WebmasterKathy
06-12-2003, 07:34 PM
Tammy, you are a shopping WHIPPING, girl! LOL!! Now I see, you want dirt-colored shoes!

What about these:
http://a666.g.akamaitech.net/7/666/175/2003030310/www1.jcpenney.com/images/regular/0900631b807472f1R.jpg

Okay, these are just odd:
http://a1216.g.akamai.net/f/1216/955/6h/images2.nordstrom.com/images/store/product/medium/34704.jpg

With these, you're all set in case you decide to go fishing on the way home from the dirt track:
http://a1216.g.akamai.net/f/1216/955/6h/images2.nordstrom.com/images/store/product/medium/S10936.jpg

If your dirt is RED dirt, these might work:
http://a1216.g.akamai.net/f/1216/955/6h/images2.nordstrom.com/images/store/product/medium/34706.jpg

Wait, I found it!!! This is definitely the one:
http://a1216.g.akamai.net/f/1216/955/6h/images2.nordstrom.com/images/store/product/medium/39538.jpg

Well, do I get to be your personal shopper? :teeth:

WebmasterKathy
06-12-2003, 07:39 PM
Terry, I'll be ready to walk at 8:00!

I've just finished my packing.

DH hasn't started his packing yet! He was flying to Iowa and back today (taking DS to Grandma), and should have been home around 2:00. At 4:00 he called me from San Antonio! That's way south of here- we had thunderstorms that closed DFW airport for awhile, and they had to find a place to refuel! He's still not home- he called me from the runway 45 minutes ago. They were just parked there, because there were no gates free for them.

Mr. Smarty Pants was planning to be finished with his packing before I got home from work, but it looks like he'll have a late night tonight.

Kelsie
06-12-2003, 08:45 PM
Oh Darn, it looks like I missed all the fun! :eek:

Oh well, maybe next time!! :p ;)

TCKK
06-12-2003, 08:50 PM
Uh Oh. I forgot about it. Guess I'll have to catch you the next time. :o

WebmasterKathy
06-12-2003, 09:09 PM
Oh, no you don't, Kelsie and TCKK!!!

You can start now, we don't all have to start at the same time! We'll sit right here and wait while you walk... :p

(I got through the 2 mile!!! At the 1 mile mark I really considered stopping, I didn't think I could go much farther... but I plowed through.)

geetey
06-13-2003, 12:31 AM
ROFL on the shoes, Kathy!!!! Somes of those are just plain awful!!!!

I did my 2 miles! :) Kelsie, TCKK.... I am just enjoying my last bottle of water while waiting for you. :) It doesn't take long to do a tape so just get up and do it. You will feel much better if you do!

Kathy, I hope your DH gets home soon! That's quite the roundtrip he made today! I am sure he is spending that time on the plane very productively and is making his complete list of things to pack so that he can done with it quickly when he finally gets home. :)

inky dinky doo
06-13-2003, 03:29 AM
So-o-o-o-o, can someone tell me about the WATP tape (what is it?) and where I can get one? I kinda like to join in the fun.

PartyofSix
06-13-2003, 08:09 AM
Kathy I am sure i missed your departure but i am gonna miss you. I hope you have a wonderful time and DH made it home safely. I did'nt walk last night I was just to bummed out ended up going to bed at 8:30! I never do that. I had to get 4 shots yesterday! I took dd to get her school shots updated and had them look at what i needed if any and for my trip the recommended vaccines for it. I ended up with 130.00 worth of shots! And i still have to get 3 more before i leave. My arms are so sore this morning. It's a new day and hopefully a better one for me. I hope you have a ball on the trip and those shoes are aweful! You have killed all the fashion sense i had but into you girl! I will make sure not to ever let you go shopping with me.LOL Although those red ones are growing on me.LOL Have a great trip. WHIPPING you say funny you should mention that.:)

nativetxn
06-13-2003, 03:40 PM
inky dinky doo

WATP=Walk Away the Pounds. I got my dvd at Walmart (In Orlando, as a matter of fact) and I bought my mother the one mile VSH tape at Target for $6.99.

It is a walking program that you do inside, so no excuses for bad weather :teeth:

nativetxn
06-13-2003, 03:42 PM
Hey inky! Look at that gorgeous 25 pound clippie in your signature. I'm still working on mine, I'll get there :)

John In Illinois
06-13-2003, 05:15 PM
You mean it does NOT stand for

W- Where

A- Are

T- The

P- Pizzas??

MAN is my face red!!!

:teeth: