PDA

View Full Version : RTV Question

chip1
06-12-2003, 08:18 AM
I just joined RTV and was reading on here that some of you earn $5-$10 per week. What do you do to earn that many points in a week? Unless I am misunderstanding this, you need about 300,000 points just to earn a $5 prize. I am playing the 5 shows per day allowed, and I can't see how they can add up that quickly. What am I missing?

Thanks!

PattyH804
06-12-2003, 08:27 AM
I was just going to ask the same thing!
I'm glad someone else doesn't get it!
What are we missing?
Thanks all.

honeymom
06-12-2003, 09:51 AM
I won't consider myself an expert, but I am getting better on it.

150,000 points = $5. It took me about three weeks to reach that the first time. I played all the games and the bonuses. It was a little slow going. But, I seem to be learning some of the tricks and make more points per day now than I did then.

Today I made 14,000 points. Here's how. First do the RTV SlamDunk. So long as you play these before you play your other games, they are additional - bonus points. You actually get to play 7 games total today if you include these.

I try to play things that I have watched. But, since I don't watch many of the shows on RTV, I always look for longer shows. I.E. you can potentially make more points on a 2 hour movie, than a 1/2 hour show. It also seems easier to guess what will happen on dramatic shows (more predictable) than sitcoms.

They also offer bonus offers from time to time which helped.

chip1
06-12-2003, 10:24 AM
Thanks...those are great tips! For the shopping spree do you have to watch TV at the assigned time? I am assuming you have to be on line as you are watching. What is the process of cashing in for your prize? THANK YOU...THANK YOU!!

honeymom
06-12-2003, 11:24 AM
I haven't done the shopping spree. I have been going for the Delta skymiles on auction and have won twice. 500 miles - $12.50 value - or about 375,000 miles. The first time I got them for 287,000 miles. The second time I got them for about 305,000 miles - both well below their value. Keep trying to get more mileage towards a Disney trip.

From what I understand, you have to be online and enter the shopping spree area at the assigned time and click through to win. Some people have mentioned that the prizes go very quickly, so you might not always earn a prize. Apparently, people get better at this with some practice.

Good luck.

PattyH804
06-12-2003, 02:10 PM
Just wanted to say thank you for the info.
Plus thanks to Mal, I believe it was who PM'd
me. You all are great!

honeymom
06-12-2003, 02:27 PM
Also, thanks Mal. I was having trouble using the send reply option on the pm.

eller
06-12-2003, 11:21 PM
One other thing not mentioned here is that you are allowed up to three accounts per household.

Best of luck!

Lori

foodallergy
06-13-2003, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the advice. I was wondering the same thing.

AdventurerKat
06-13-2003, 06:57 PM
I decided to sign up for this one too. Kind of fun but I need to start watching some of the shows. I did terrible!