PDA

View Full Version : Green Card

lamby
06-10-2003, 12:23 AM
I'm curious if someone has travelled with a family member who is not yet a citizen. DH has a green card, but the rest of us are US citizens. When we check-in at the port, does he need to check-in somewhere different, or do we stay together? I suppose the same question will come up regarding immigration in St. Thomas.

I had the thought that perhaps we would go along with HIM, in his line for US residents. Just curious....anxious....but most of all excited!!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

skylynx
06-11-2003, 12:58 PM
Hello

I have a green card (Brit citizen) and travelled with my fiance - lover - best pal....:-) who is a US citizen, we had to check in together at the non US citizens line, (which was much shorter than the US citizen line).. I just had my green card with me on check which they take away and you get it back at 6 am :-( on the last day. So for Nassau and Freeport there were no more immigration checks as it was all done ebforehand when you completed the forms prior to boarding. I am sure they do the same for other ports.. but not sure...

Cheers

John:bounce: :bounce:

KaitlinsMom
06-11-2003, 01:25 PM
I just wanted to second that - My husband also is a Brit with a green card - They took away his green card (which he was not too happy about - he is scared of it being lost) and had to wake up at 6AM on the last day (which he also was not too happy about - he LOVES his sleep!)

We just looked at which line was shorter and went to that line to check in.

Cruise
06-11-2003, 05:17 PM
My DH is also a Brit. If it makes you feel better, have a photo copy made of his green card for you to keep with you. They reassured us that they take extreme care with these items... as I hope they would :)

We checked in together, and I believe it was at one of the normal lines, though I don't remember specifically.

Good luck!
Julie

lamby
06-12-2003, 12:30 AM
Thank you for all the information. I'm actually glad they will take his green card while we're on the ship since I'm always a bit nervous it will get misplaced.
I'm also glad to hear that only HE has to wake up at the crack of dawn when we're in St. Thomas. Although I would love to accompany him, I might just have to pass on the experience.
As for passports, we all have them, and I prefer travelling with them over birth certiicates. Somehow they are also much easier to handle than the flimsy paper they use for birth certificates.
Thanks again!!!