PDA

View Full Version : SB: Need tip on punches

kellyb2000
06-09-2003, 03:17 PM
Does anyone have any ideas for keeping your punches from sticking? I've never had this problem before but I ordered one off Ebay (so it would be a little more time consuming to just return it) and it keeps sticking. The more I work it, the looser it gets but when I actually punch paper it still gets stuck. My seller said to try waxpaper but with this punch I have NO IDEA how you could do that. (it's the swirl head Mickey punch) Any tips?

bananiem
06-09-2003, 06:52 PM
I've heard that you can punch aluminum foil to sharpen them. Maybe that would help?

BlessedMomOfTwo
06-09-2003, 07:52 PM
Yes, you can use wax paper. Just punch thru the wax paper just like it was the piece of paper you want to punch from. If it still sticks, put the punch in the freezer for a few minutes (the metal will contract) and then punch thru the wax paper a couple of times. Hopefully that will help.

It seems like the swirl punches and punches with smaller and more intricate design cuts tend to stick more often, I guess due to the nature of the design.

kellyb2000
06-10-2003, 08:20 AM
Ohhhhhh......you punch through the waxpaper. Never would have thought of that. In my head I was trying to figure out how to clean through those little swirls with a piece of waxpaper! I think I get it now. Thanks!!!