PDA

View Full Version : Airport Hyatt

PiperG
06-08-2003, 10:58 PM
We have a very late flight after our next Wonder cruise (4:00 p.m.). From a previous post, I saw you can rent a day room at the Hyatt for $60. We are thinking about doing just that.

A couple of quesitons:

Do they have an indoor or outdoor pool?
Are the restaurants kid-friendly (mac and cheese, grilled cheese etc. . .).

Thanks!

Mumsy
06-09-2003, 04:54 AM
Piper: We did the airport Hyatt on our return because we got off the boat at 8:30am and our return flight was not until 7pm. We saw an outdoor pool that was beautiful!!! I did not go to the restaurant because my dd was napping but my sister took the rest of the kids (3 total, ages 5,5, 8) and they enjoyed their lunch.

Mumsy

PiperG
06-09-2003, 07:30 AM
Thanks!

thedisneymom
06-09-2003, 07:43 AM
Piperg- They have a beautiful rooftop pool. Also, keep in mind there is a huge kidfriendly foodcourt at the airport and the hotel lobby is right in it. Check out the hyatt website for pool and restaurant photos and info.

dvarallo
06-09-2003, 09:45 AM
Hi,

We took advantage of Hyatt's day rate after our May 17th cruise and it was well worth the $60. The room was beautifu, but we really enjoyed using the pool. It's an outdoor pool, but it's heated and has benches along the side with spa jets. One end of the pool has 3 jets of water spraying streams of water into the deeper end of the pool. There's also a health club with all kinds of exercise equipment. The front desk gave us a room right down the hall from the pool. They said they try to do that for their day guests. They also let us keep our luggage by the front desk. This was a great plus since tyhe airline wouldn't let us check our bag until 4 hours before our flight. We had rented those $3.00 "Smart Carts" and since you can't take them up to your room, the front desk staff let us leave them in a space near the front desk. That saved us having to lug all our bags upstairs. The hotel does have a restaurant that has a nice menu and is kid friendly, but the prices are a little steep. We went to Chili's in the airport terminal and as stated earlier, there is also a food court, so there are plenty of options. Enjoy!!

PiperG
06-09-2003, 09:51 AM
Wow! Thanks for this great information. I am going to ask DH to make a ressie!