PDA

View Full Version : Embellishments are too hard!

Spinning
06-08-2003, 02:59 PM
As most of you know I like it simple easy not much fluff lots of color... mat my pictures, well maybe you don't but that about sums it up!
So I decided it was time to branch out (thanks to Patty! I have to blame someone and she hosted the charm swap which I had to be in....)Any way I bought all these different red white and blue stars, little glass ones, pretty gold ones. YEs way too many for a two page lay out and of course I had to buy some fibers too....
It took me almost 2 hours to do two pages! They did turn out nice but so nerve racking! Especially the ones I had to put a slit in my page to adhere it! Or poke prongs in!:eek:
I will use my mom's digital later and try to up load them.

SplshMtn99
06-08-2003, 03:19 PM
I agree. LOL

On another board today...someone was asking how you decide what to put on a page.

The best answer was something to the effect: it's like how you get dressed in the morning. How do you pick out your clothes, or your jewelry or makeup.

It explains me perfectly. My closet consists of plain clothing - not much pattern. I don't wear jewelry or makeup...and I have a wash & go hairstyle.

Hence... I feel more comfortable doing pages with plain cardstock (not patterned paper although I wish I could)....and really no embellishments. I use the plain cardstock to get creative & get the job done.

crazyforpooh
06-08-2003, 06:28 PM
the eyelets and the brads but, I did buy a couple of cute tags today. I used one the other day on a winter page and it looks pretty good but the page now ways a ton. I do like Jolees embelishments though and I also bought (but haven't used yet) memory mates. I bought these things but will probably go back to the plain old simple way.

SplshMtn99 - I did see on DIY a great way to use patterned paper to make your pictures pop and it worked. Simply match your card stock for matting with a color in the patterned paper. It makes your pictures stand out and the background be only the background.

I thought I was the only women on earth who was a wash and go girl. I am even letting my hair turn grey. No makeup or jewlery just simple old me.

Laura
A scrapaholic

d.kurz
06-09-2003, 12:48 PM
Another wash and go girl here! Also mostly plain clothes, just a wedding band and no make up!

AJA55
06-09-2003, 03:02 PM
Here’s another wash and go, gray-headed person. At least for the last 10 years. I’m thinking of changing. With me It’s a mixed bag. I have used brads. (on a whole three pages) I do journaling on the puter and hand write. I use stamps (alot), fibers, dry embossing (one whole page, LOL) and I have even used flat earrings as charms. (bought at my favorite boutique… garage sales) I haven’t bought any eyelets or paper piecing sets. I do make my some of my own junk if I want something for an accent…red peppers, playing cards, etc. But if the truth were told….most pages are simple. I hate to say that I can easily take an hour to do a page though. Love patterned paper and take my time to match up the pix on a page to the paper that I use.

With all that rambling said………..I think you go with what you like AND are comfy in doing…. This should be most of all a fun hobby.

Beanie
06-09-2003, 05:03 PM
Spinning, I can't wait to see your pictures!! I am sure they look beautiful!! :)

pattyT
06-09-2003, 07:55 PM
Oh I can't wait to see Spinning -
and you can blame me if you want -
but don't blame me when your credit card bills roll in and hubby starts asking questions ;)
I am an extremist - I have a plain simple no frills page, then you turn the page and its embellishment city! LOL
I quess it depends on the pics, my mood, and if I am going to wake anoyone up hammering holes!
PattyT

nicki dahling
06-09-2003, 08:02 PM
Spinning I can't wait to see your pages . Those of you who have seen my pages no I like it kind of fancy. So the embellishments have been a big thing for me. Even when I don't use a lot of extras it still takes me a while to do my pages. I usually put them together and then let them sit for a few hours or even over night to be sure that is how I want them on the page before taping them down. Crazy I know, but that's the perfectionist in me. My cousin is the exact opposite of me , she slaps them down in a hurry because she wants to get to the journaling ! I'm more backed up in my journaling than I am in my pages.:o The one thing I like about scrapbooks is that each persons style of albums are different , unique, one of a kind. Makes life more interesting.

Cyndi ( AKANickidahling )

Mom2Em
06-10-2003, 12:39 PM
Here's another plain and simple gal!! My pages are like me... comfortable and plain...

Gillian
06-10-2003, 01:00 PM
Doesn't anyone around here curl their hair or wear makeup? :teeth: I'm a wash, gel & go girl myself. Need that frizz control.

I'm new to all this embellishment stuff, so I just admire it in the store for now. I love to see all the pics here of fancy pages!

rvoto
06-11-2003, 09:54 AM
I used them in a book for my husband with the eyelets It's a secret though until fathers day(shh) They are fun If you don't want it to be to much (Which was my worry) try scanning and printing in black and white I also did alot of chalking. I would show you but I have no idea how to put photo on the net.

ToDisney
06-11-2003, 10:11 AM
I love embellishments!! I think I used eyelets the most. I will NEVER cut another center from a stenciled letter again... just pop in an eyelet!! Here's one of my favorites I finished earlier this week. I've never posted a picture before, so I hope it works! (I used eyelets in the center of the letters and then Making Memories plaques.)

http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/layouts/layout_images/160791.jpg

This one includes flowers from the actual leis (sp?). I put an eyelet through the center of each and then threaded fiber through them.

http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/layouts/layout_images/159722.jpg

RRBB
06-11-2003, 10:42 AM
What a great idea Diane. We have the leis from the Luau at the Poly last year, now I know how to incorporate them into my layouts. Thanks for sharing.