PDA

View Full Version : tea with wendy

grandma_x2
06-08-2003, 07:06 AM
:confused: i would like to know about tea with wendy. when it is how you sine up.and how is it good bad. would a 3 year old and a 1 year old boys like it.

callahanjulie10
06-08-2003, 08:50 AM
You have to read the navigator to find when and where to get your tickets for the Tea with Wendy. One year it was at Sessions, sometimes it is at Studio Sea but it is usually around 9ish. I would go a tad early because lines do form and there isn't enough tickets for everyone.
The tea is held in Studio Sea and they (Wendy) usually picks a child or two from the gathering to actually eat and have tea up front with her. Everyone else sits at small tables set with sauchers, cups, and small plates. Cookies and tea or served while she talks. My DD has always enjoyed it but she was about 7/8 when we went for the first time. She still enjoyed it last time we cruised- she was 10.
I would say it depends on if the children are very active or not. It is not a fast paced run around the room kind of thing. I don't think that a 1year old would get much from it and probably be restless.

dizneykids
06-08-2003, 09:54 PM
wendy picks two boys from the audience to have tea with her...one to substitute for michael and one for john, so if she can find a younger and slightly older boy, she will. last year, wendy selected my oldest son (then 9) and last week, she selected my youngest son (4 1/2). my two older boys decided they wanted nothing to do with tea with wendy this time around (they are now 11 and 9).

the tea they serve is iced tea....most likely so the young ones don't burn themselves. they serve at tables for four, so there are four chocolate chip (yummy!) cookies on each table. if you don't have all four seats taken, your kiddos can have more than one cookie. my 4yo tried to take advantage of that after polishing off a couple at the table with wendy (MAJOR sweet tooth).

wendy will tell the story of peter pan and then do the tea thing during which she tells how to properly serve tea and how to use your manners (which was lost on my child!). before wendy comes out, one of the cruise staff gave a brief explanation on the history of taking tea in the afternoon. after wendy has tea with the two boys up front, she poses for pictures with each child while one of the ship's photographers takes pics. you can take your own as well. all in all, depending on how far back you are in the picture line, it is a half hour/45 minute event.

grandma_x2
06-09-2003, 03:35 AM
thank you for the help. we go jan 31 and we are taking two boys so maybe the 3 year old will like it. i think he will he likes the movie.thank you.