PDA

View Full Version : Recent Cruisers...is This Idea Still Ok??

mariamard
06-06-2003, 01:18 PM
RECENT CRUISERS.....HAS ANYONE SEEN LITTLE BLOW-UP POOLS BEING BROUGHT OUT ON DECK FOR INFANTS/TODDLERS? I REMEMBER A WHILE BACK READING A THREAD ABOUT SOMEONE SEEING PARENTS BRINGING ONE FROM HOME FOR THEIR LITTLE BABIES. I BOUGHT ONE FROM WAL-MART, A SMALL 2 RING BLOW-UP POOL THAT IS ABOUT 2 1/2 FEET ACROSS AND MAYBE 5 INCHES DEEP. WHEN WE CRUISE, OUR BABY WILL BE 5 MOS, AND I WOULD LOVE TO BRING THIS AND SET UP IN THE SHADE NEAR ONE OF THE OTHER POOLS. WHERE HAVE THESE POOLS BEEN SET UP?THANKS!!!!:cool:

ToDisney
06-06-2003, 01:20 PM
No, we didn't see anything like that. They've opened one of the Mickey ears to children who are not potty trained.

Memaw2Wm
06-06-2003, 03:29 PM
Even if you can't use the "baby pool" on the ship it would work at Castaway Cay. When my grandkids were young I had a small one I'd set up on the beach for them ... under an umbrella. It worked really well as they were scared by the pounding of the surf.

Should say I did this in OC, MD ... first cruise isn't until next summer ;)

ohioMickey
06-06-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by ToDisney
They've opened one of the Mickey ears to children who are not potty trained.

That must be the pool where I saw Pooh.

mmouse37
06-06-2003, 10:49 PM
Actually, the Mickey ear that was opened up for untrained toddlers has constant recirculating water and is looked much cleaner than the the main Mickey pool!!!

MJ

bahama97
06-07-2003, 10:31 PM
We just got back from 5/31 Eastern. The starboard ear was for non potty trained children. Occasionally an older kid might walk in, but they usually got into the deeper pool pretty quickly. About 3 pm or so, there is some nice shade over that ear part (at least on the way there). We also brought along a couple of cups to pour the water, plus a dishpan from the dollar store. When we played ping pong, we filled up the dishpan, brought it close to the ping pong table, and our toddler could play in the water while we played ping pong.

WDWLVR
06-08-2003, 06:25 AM
They were working on that ear while we were on the 5/10 cruise and it had covered almost the entire week. We kept walking by on deck 10 qnd looking down saying "Poor Mickey has an ear infection".

mariamard
06-08-2003, 11:29 AM
THANKS EVERYONE!!! I WILL STILL BRING THE TINY BLOW UP POOL.....HOPEFULLY I CAN USE IT FOR OUR BABY ON BOARD. IF MOT, I WILL FOR SURE BRING IT ON CASTAWAY CAY. :cool: