PDA

View Full Version : Will Disney store my car seat?

DizzyLaura
06-05-2003, 01:25 AM
I have decided to bring along my car seat. My dilemma is that I have a very small stateroom and I have no clue where I will put the car seat. Does anyone know if Disney people will store it somewhere for me.

Thanks for any help!
Dizzy Laura
:tongue:

jel0511
06-05-2003, 05:45 AM
You'll have to store it in your stateroom, DCL won't store it for you. Mine fit GREAT in the closet!!

ReadyForDisney2003
06-05-2003, 07:32 AM
I put mine in the closet and didn't worry about it. Fit fine and all the dirty clothes just got piled on top! LOL.

I am very happy to hear you are bringing along your own carseat. :-)

diz4me
06-05-2003, 07:55 AM
For our 11/15 cruise, I will have two carseats to store. I am debating whether or not to bring my own Britax ones, or see if Tiffany or Happy Limo will provide some. I won't travel without one, but can't imagine all that travel with them. We brought them to WDW in November, but had a huge two BR condo in which to store them.

Does anyone know if the limo companies will provide them for transport from MCO to POrt Canaveral?

Thanks!

Peg

ReadyForDisney2003
06-05-2003, 08:31 AM
I wonder if Tiffany or Happy Limo would store YOUR carseats and be sure they brought them back to port with the limo. I have never used the limo companies, but I hear everyone rave about both of these companies. And, they always say how wonderful the drivers are. And, many times, the drivers are the same both ways.

I would call them and see. Sounds like the perfect answer.

MFan
06-05-2003, 11:03 AM
Given the small cabin size (in comparison to typical hotel rooms) and limited storage options onboard, it seems to me that DCL should offer some coin operated storage lockers at the cruise terminal for passengers who would like to leave some of their luggages/supplies/equipment/purchases there for pick up on the way back.

DizzyLaura
06-06-2003, 12:26 AM
DIz 4 me,

I have talked to many Limo companies (including Happy). They all have access to car seats if requested. I felt that they were pretty helpful in that area. However, I am flying in and everyone on this board encouraged me to bring a car seat on the plane. I think it will be more comfortable for my DD 18mos. But more important, It will be safe!
Thanks for the advice all, I didn't think of the closet!

I'm off in 22 days!!!

Dizzy Laura
:tongue:

jel0511
06-06-2003, 06:17 AM
DizzyLaura - One note, if your child is UNDER 2 and you have purchase a seat for that child, you MUST bring your carseat on the plane. FAA regulations require all children under 2, if they occupy a seat, must be restrained in a FAA approved child restraint. So, you will have to bring your car seat regardless.

kellyb2000
06-06-2003, 08:26 AM
While we're on car seats......

What do you do about taxi rides? Do you take your car seat with you in the taxi and then lug it around while playing at the beach? Or, dare I say, just hold your child? I don't know if I could do that. (my first and only child so I'm a safety freak!) I know they drive crazy on the islands so what do you do?

jel0511
06-06-2003, 08:38 AM
kellyb2000 - you didn't note which cruise you're going on, but MOST of the taxis in any of the ports are open air or vans. Most of which don't even have seat belts so there really isn't any way to secure a car seat in them. You might get lucky and find one with seatbelts, but that woud more the exception than the rule. If you are that concerned, I'd recommend renting a car at the various ports. That way, you'll be assured a car with seatbelts for proper installation of a car seat.

jlima
06-07-2003, 01:30 AM
We travelled with a 16 mo old, and we had to compromise. On St Martin DH stayed on the ship & I went with the rest of my family to the French side for lunch & shopping. The taxi ride was over half an hour and we didn't want to have him in our laps for that long. But in St Thomas, the downtown area was about a 3 minute cab ride, and we did take him in the taxi; we shopped, had lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe, then I took the kids back to the ship while DH shopped some more. It was a trade off; but we both didn't want him to ride unrestrained in a taxi, for that long.

:Pinkbounc

ReadyForDisney2003
06-07-2003, 03:35 AM
jlima . . .

What did you do in Cozumel?

Thanks.

Sandra

Oops. Just realized you were on the Eastern.

kajohn
06-07-2003, 04:49 PM
I felt the same way about my kids, not wanting them in a cab without a car seat, so we opted to rent a car in St. Thomas. I was able to buckle my kids in the car, and not worry about wild taxi driving.

On St. Maarten we stayed close to the ship, and just took the water taxi to the beach, so we didn't get close to a car there.