PDA

View Full Version : Q: Re: Disney 2-way radios

Ursula's Mom
06-04-2003, 10:12 PM
Hello to all! I am so glad I found this site! It is so informative!

We are going on the 3 day Wonder cruise on August 28, 2003! While at Target, I saw some Disney two-way radios that looked cute. But the question is - how well do they work? Does anyone have any experience with these? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much in advance!

Kathy

ohiominnie
06-04-2003, 10:21 PM
Kathy,
First, welcome to the DIS!
We have the Disney two way radios. We used to have two ways that didn't have the privacy feature. The Disney ones DO have the privacy feature and that is really nice to have as you don't hear a lot of other chatter over your radios. The Disney ones are bigger than our old radios, a negative. And I have more trouble hearing clearly on the Disney ones, another negative. Maybe it's just me, and trying to hear in crowded places!! A positive is that you can set different character tones on the radios. For example, when I call dh instead of an annoying buzz or beeping, it will be Minnie's voice saying "yoo-hoo!" :) That's cute.
HTH!

Ursula's Mom
06-04-2003, 10:28 PM
Thanks Ohiominnie for the fast reply!

Jeanny
06-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Welcome to the Disboards... you'll find lots of good info, and lots of good friends here.

Check out Amazon.com for the Disney radio's, they're $10 cheaper than Target (at least at the Target I go to), they're only $39/pair on Amazon

Good Luck and have fun on our boards.

Jeanny :wave:

Ursula's Mom
06-04-2003, 10:46 PM
Thanks, Jeanny! The more I save now, the more I'll have for the cruise!

callahanjulie10
06-05-2003, 08:49 AM
We have the Disney 2 ways also. Just got them though, so I haven't actually had any experiences with them. I am looking forward to using them on DCL on June 28 though! I will let you know how they work on the ship!!!!

starwood
06-05-2003, 09:11 AM
Does anyone know if these are compatible with the Motorola radios. I already have 2 of them with the privacy codes and I would love to get at least 1 more for DS to use.

disneyeveryyear
06-05-2003, 10:18 AM
They worked fine with my other two way radios. Just tune them in to the same channel and subchannel and you will be fine.

We have tested them while driving to church in separate cars and they worked fine.

Ursula's Mom
06-05-2003, 01:40 PM
Thank you all for your help! I am going to order them from Amazon today!

spoon2003
06-05-2003, 02:16 PM
I got the Disney ones on sale at Targets for $26 in the Boston area.

Sue from Boston

Jeanny
06-05-2003, 05:19 PM
hey Sue~
that's a great price... I've been checking the Target in Milford, and have never seen them on sale that low... I had checked them out on Amazon.com and that was the cheapest I had seen anywhere.

Jeanny :wave:

callahanjulie10
06-05-2003, 05:49 PM
I checked Target out every week and the lowest I have seen them is $38. I bought them but would have bought an additional set if they would have been $26! Great price- we live in Florida in a tourist town so nothing goes on sale here very often.

lbgraves
06-05-2003, 09:52 PM
Most Targets have clearanced them out now at 75% for $13xx. You may still find a few tucked away on an endcap. Be sure to scan them since they do not reticket them with the current price if they were returned unopened by someone who wanted to get the lower price. ;)

1KellyDB
06-06-2003, 07:04 AM
I just found these this week at a Target near me for 13.24. They came out with new colors so mine are the 'old' colors- white, red and green. I found them mixed in with the new colors.

Kelly

callahanjulie10
06-06-2003, 07:39 AM
Mine too, are red, white, and green but I guess they all sold before they marked them way down! The new ones are $49.99 are the red/blk/yellow trim and the pink/purple ones.