PDA

View Full Version : Do you pay for eating other than main dining?

DOCLINGER
06-04-2003, 10:06 PM
Does DCL charge your account for eating anywhere besides main dining? If not, where are the "Free" areas to eat. I don't care really about paying for the places...since we want to eat there, but I want to keep track of where the bill total comes from at the end...Don't need a heart attack as I go to check out.

Also, do you leave a tip at the other restaurants when you eat there, or do you do it at the end of the cruise?

Thanks for the help!
Chris

elemusing
06-04-2003, 10:32 PM
The only food you will pay for is alcohol, soft drinks not during meals, and some snack items from room service.

There is no charge for any food at any of the restaurants whether they are sit down or counter service on the ship.

You do not "tip" at the counter service restaurants, and be careful about adding tips to bar service - if you look closely, you will see that a gratuity has already been added to your bill at the bar when you sign your ticket.

Your tip at the end of the cruise will cover those other restaurants, as you will see that the same wait staff at night is the same staff working those counter service and also the service on Castaway Cay during the day.

Angie

trishy
06-04-2003, 10:33 PM
You don't pay for eating at the freebies like Plutos, Pinnochios, Scoops, Topsiders. Only place you would pay for snacks are at Preludes (snacks, candy) and the gift shops (chocolates, etc.). Plutos has hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken strips..., Pinnochio has pizza, Scoops has fruit and soggy "ice cream", Topsiders is the buffet. All tips (dining, stateroom host) are left at the end of the cruise.

DOCLINGER
06-04-2003, 10:54 PM
Thank you! Amid all the excitement of going to Disney next week then preparing for the cruise next month...too many large things to worry about not to ask about the simple things.

Thanks again!

Jobro2
06-05-2003, 06:36 AM
On our last cruise, we didn't pay for any Room service items, except for drinks (alcholic and regular)..I noticed a post saying that some room service snacks now cost $$...is this correct???In my passport book with our docs, I also notice this. Has something changed??

DisneyBusDriverToo
06-05-2003, 07:33 AM
Right now I'm on the Magic. I ordered room service the other night and everything was free, and you could order as much as you wanted. The only thing there was a charge for was alcohol or things like bags of M&M's or soda. I ordered a 6 pack of Diet Coke since I didn't feel like going to a bar to use my sticker. It was $7.50, but who cares...I'm on vacation!!

ToDisney
06-05-2003, 07:55 AM
There are also charges for Palo $5 per person for dinner and $10 per person for brunch. I don't know about tea. I'd recommend making it a priority to eat at Palo.

FOJMO
06-05-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by trishy
Scoops has fruit and soggy "ice cream"

SOGGY "ICE CREAM"????? Never heard of that term - LOL! it's merely soft-serve ice cream and frozen yogurt. Very yummy!!!:D

disney6
06-05-2003, 12:14 PM
if you really need your M&M fix, just ask for a bowl of them at Scoops. Free. :D

ToDisney
06-05-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by disney6
if you really need your M&M fix, just ask for a bowl of them at Scoops. Free. :D

I did that!! (Well, I had my DH do it for me... LOL!!) Otherwise I just asked for a whole bunch with my ice cream!!

disney6
06-05-2003, 12:30 PM
ToDisney - I had to laugh because I had my kids get a bowl for me when they came back to the table with bowls. "Not Fair" I said - "would you please pretty please get me one?" and peanut ones at that!