PDA

View Full Version : August 28, 2004 "LOST AT SEA" Cruise

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Mjasp
06-04-2003, 09:23 PM
I know there is a thread about August cruises here, but it isn't just an 8/28/04 cruise.

So lets start an official 8/28 thread and see who is going, even though it is quite early.

It will be me, DH and 2 DD's who will be 12 and 8 at sailing time.

Joanna

MJASP...with DH, DD12, DD8 RADISSON
Mark "o"...with DW, DS 12, DS 5 ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE
Winnyis...with DH, DD9, DS6 RADISSON
Winnyis... also with Dsis, Dbil, Dnephew 8 and Dniece 4 RADISSON
Darwin91...with DH, DD7
Caren90...with DH, DD 12, DS 9, BIL and SIL with DS 8, DD 5
Sandygirl...with DH, DD7 celebrating her 7th birthday RADISSON
Elke...with DH, DS12 1/2 and DD10, Dnephews 11 & 9, Dneice 10
(21 total relatives on board)
Tonia...with DH, DD11, DS6, mom and 2 sisters 17 and 10
Seaspray...with DH, DS16, DS13 RADISSON
also with Seaspray are her SIL and BIL, Tina and Bill RADISSON
xAbearx and gdulaney
Lynr... with DH Bob, DS Matt 17, POLYNESIAN RESORT
Bashful64...with DH, DD10, DS8, DD4
Mikesmom88...with DH, DS15 and 19 family members, celebrating
aunt and uncles 50th anniversary!
Trishamg...with family, aunt, cousins, mom and 3 Godchildren,
ages 12, 8 and 3
Cynditoo...with DD's 8 and 6
Turtlekrawl...Jim with DW Sandy, DD Carly 17, DS Jimmy 15,
DS Alec 7 HYATT AT MCO
Karel...with DH and DS 13, DS 12 and DD 10 RADISSON
************...Jason and Travis...First leg of back to back cruises
Mary Anne...with DH and DS 16 and DS 13 RADISSON
Zupzup...with DH and DD 71/2 and DD 5 traveling with another
family with DS 8 and DD under 2
Paulinewdw...with DH and DS 13, DS 10 and DS 7 OLD KEY WEST
O'BWV...with DH, DD 14 and DS 11 RADISSON
MoranClan...with DW, DD Katie, DD Jessie, DS Bobby Jr. RADISSON
Reenieny...with DH, DD 15, DS 11 and DSister POP CENTURY
Admepo...Melanie and DH Adam celebrating 7th anniversary
Invaderzim...with DH and DD 17 UNIVERSAL ROYAL PACIFIC
Sgt.Jeff...with DW Wendy, DD Jessica 9 and DS Dakotah 6
Rcomputers...Gail & Julian MARIOTT HORIZONS
Missinshadow...Carolyn with DH John and DS John 8 Traveling with 17 relatives
Nuts4sn00py...with DH, DD 10, DS 9 and BIL, also traveling with her Best friend, and best friends DH and DS 9

Mjasp
06-08-2003, 08:06 PM
OH NO!!! No DISboard obsessed cruisers booked yet?

markšoš
06-08-2003, 08:52 PM
We will be on the 8/28/04 cruise along with a few others from the DIS.

Here is a link to the cruise list

http://www.casshew.com/cruisebydate.htm

winnyis
06-08-2003, 09:13 PM
It will be our 3rd Disney Cruise. We cruised in 2001 and 2002 - were skipping this year in hopes they will change the shows a little. It will be me, DH, DD(9 when we cruise) and DS (6 when we cruise)

We are traveling with my sister and her family - this will be their first cruise.

Ginny

Mjasp
06-08-2003, 09:21 PM
Hi Mark and Ginny...I know the cruise is SOOOO far away, but I just had to start an official 8/28 thread.

Counting my days till Vistana, can't wait to count the days till our cruise. (Although that is wishing away our lives.) Planning is half the fun.

Ginny..Our 2 DD's will be in the same age group in the lab. Next year at this time we can tell them.

Joanna

winnyis
06-08-2003, 09:42 PM
I saw you other post about SPR's & regular category 10's - do you have an SPR for the 8/28 cruise - we have 2 of them 5522 & 5524 and their is another dis'er who has 5020,22 & 24

We all booked the first day they opened up back in Dec.

It would be neat if all Dis'ers had the SPR's

Ginny

Mjasp
06-08-2003, 09:49 PM
Yes, we do LOL #5520 right next door. Hi neighbor! Are you able to read my posts? My last post isn't posted but is when I clicked on reply. Why isn't "Post Reply" on the bottom of your threads?

Joanna

winnyis
06-08-2003, 09:54 PM
replys.... Wonder whats up. We had 5520 in August 2002 and loved it. But I went for the adjoiners for this trip so we could swap off with my sis and BIL with going out after kids are asleep and leave the door between the rooms open so we could watch each others kids...

Ginny

Mjasp
06-22-2003, 01:15 PM
Glad to know 5520 is a good cabin. Now we will have to make another door so we all could take turns watching the kids. LOL

DARWIN91
07-03-2003, 12:41 PM
We are on this cruise as well. It will be #4. DH, me and DD (7 at cruise time). :D

Mjasp
07-05-2003, 11:19 AM
MMouse...Where are you? This gives you time to save for college and still go before school starts and it is a good priced cruise.

Joanna

Caren90
07-05-2003, 07:15 PM
Hi There,
It's me. We have SPH's #5020,22,24. This will be our third cruise, we have 5020 and we also had it last August. My BIL has the other two SPH's for his family of 5, it is thier second cruise. Once you start you can't stop. I WISH it was THIS YEAR!!!
Caren

sandygirl
07-05-2003, 08:51 PM
We are booked on the 8/28/04 Western. It will be a 7th birthday celebration for our DD. I can't wait! This will be our 4th, 2 Eastern and 1 Western so far. Hope we make it to Grand Cayman this time, we got stormed out in Jan. Seems like a long time to Aug of 04, but it will be here before we know it. See you all on board!

Elke
07-05-2003, 11:13 PM
We are booked on the August 28, 2004 Western. We will be me, DH, DS - will be 12 1/2 and DD - will be 10. We will also have 21 relatives on board including nephews 11 & 9 and niece 10.

It is the first cruise for all of us. We have been counting down since last December when the rates and dates came out.

We look forward to seeing you.

Elke

Mjasp
07-06-2003, 10:48 PM
Hi Caren, Sandy and Elke...Soon we will be under 400 days then under a year, but as much as I want to go I don't want to rush this summer, with all the bad weather we've had, summer has really just started here about a week ago.

On page one I listed who stated they were going, if I put someone in who shouldn't be there or not put someone who should be, just post and i'll fix it. Just makes it easier for someone to see at a glance how many DISers and their kids who are going and the kids ages.

Don't know how I'm going to add our "who's cruisin" list maintainer. Have no clue how to make that symbol.

So it does seem us DISers have the SPR booked for that cruise. Am seriously thinking of upgrading to a verandah, but won't do it till very close to sailing time if I decide to. Am afraid of getting the sewage smell we had on the 5/11/02 sailing, if it happens there is no verandah door to open to get fresh air. I'll wait and see.

Joanna

Joanna

Mjasp
07-19-2003, 11:14 PM
Wonder if our cruise is going to be sailing pretty empty since it is at the end of August and with the 2 new itinerary's on August 7th and August 21st. I hope not, but for repeat cruisers with more than 4 cruises under their belt the new itinerary is very appealing i'm sure. This will be our second Disney cruise and i'm still very happy with the Western itinerary, so far.

Joanna

sandygirl
07-20-2003, 12:19 PM
I don't think they will have any problem filling the ship. We chose it because the cost is less than the weeks just prior and because my DD isn't back in school until after Labor Day. More than likely there will be many east coasters who aren't in school yet. Personally, I prefer the Eastern itinerary. We did the Western only once and I am giving it a second chance. Maybe we will be able to tender in Grand Cayman this time. Hope so. But I think if the Eastern had been open for booking when we booked in Jan I would have chosen that sailing.

Then again...being on a Disney Cruise anywhere, anytime, is my favorite place to be!

See ya!

tonia
07-26-2003, 02:21 PM
my family and i will be cruising also. this will be out first disney cruise and i am so excited. i will find out on tuesday what my room # is. i hope to see you all on the cruise.

sandygirl
07-26-2003, 03:32 PM
WELCOME TONIA!

See you on the cruise. If you have any questions post them on the DIS. Everyone is very knowledgable and helpful.

Sandygirl

See, I told you all, another Jerseyite!;)

Mjasp
07-27-2003, 12:26 AM
Sandy...Don't forget us NYers? Although it is the tri-state area, that will take on this cruise. Must be because we don't start school till after Labor Day.

WOOHOO Under 400 days :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

See you all then
Joanna

sandygirl
07-27-2003, 10:49 AM
Didn't mean to forget our neighbors to the North. I think it will definately be a North East dominated cruise. There are some schools (like my cousins) that are year-round and have school term breaks at different times. I think most of those are out West.

I'm trying to plan DD's 6th birthday celebration and all I can think of is her 7th on our cruise. Better crack down and take care of this year first. I'm just looking forward to next year so-o-o-o much.

See ya', fellow cruisers!

Mjasp
07-27-2003, 11:11 AM
Sandy...LOL about DD B-day. We are going to Vistana Resort and I can't stop planning the cruise and which time share I will be switching for NEXT YEAR. Happy Birthday to your DD.

Joanna

tonia
07-31-2003, 03:13 PM
i am going on August 2003 cruise and i just got my cabin today. I am in room 2626. i am looking for tips for a great time. let me know. hope to see you all there.

traveling with me will be my husband, daughter 11 son 6.

looking for a great time and hope to see you all there.:Pinkbounc

Mjasp
07-31-2003, 03:42 PM
Tonia...Was that a typo or are you also going this August (2003). If so, try to get your $200 on board credit for a repeat cruiser if you book on board.

If not, I'll see you in 393 days. But who's counting? I am.I am.

Joanna

Just want to let you know cabin 2626 is on Dave's noisy list. It may not bother you, as it all depends on the person.

Go to www.dcltribute.com and check out the noisy rooms, if you'd like.

winnyis
07-31-2003, 07:14 PM
Has anyone ever been on a RCI cruise. I have only cruised Disney before but I just booked the 11/1 Navigator of the Seas to tide us over til our next Magical Cruise on 8/28.

Just wondering if anyone had any opinions either way about the ship. I hear pretty good things - only negative so far is that they have salt water pools - my kids were bummed.

Anyway - Im sure we will have fun - but Im also sure the disney magic will be missing.

Ginny

tonia
07-31-2003, 08:46 PM
sorry it was a typo and i am going 2004

Mjasp
07-31-2003, 09:52 PM
Tonia...Well like me you have to wait a LITTLE over a year for your cruise.

Ginny...There is a thread about RC vs. Disney on this board, if you haven't done so check it out.

Let me know how RCI was after you go. I'm sure the ship is awesome and you will have a great time.

SeaSpray
08-03-2003, 12:30 AM
We just switched from a July 4th week, 4 night cruise, to the August 28th, 2004, 7 night cruise! :)

I'm glad to see this thread, I'd love to get to know some DISers before the cruise, and I'm hoping some of you will have kids close in age to my DSs. They are 12 and 15 now, and will be 13 and 16 when we cruise next year. DS15 has been on the Disney Wonder, and loved it, when he was 12 yrs old. DH and I just got back a month ago from a Royal Caribbean cruise, the Nordic Empress from NYC to Bermuda. It will be DS12's very first cruise though! :) Neither of them know about the cruise yet. We're going to wait till the dead of winter to tell them. That's IF I can wait that long. LOL

And whoever said it is right... It will probably be full of us north-east people who's kids don't go back to school till after Labor Day!

P.S. I am originally from NJ, so count me in on the "NJ people" count :p

sandygirl
08-03-2003, 09:03 AM
Glad you checked in. This is the place to ask questions about DCL. I didn't find this board until after my first DCL and sure wish I had known about it before. I'm still learning alot from the DIS.

My DD will be 7 when we cruise. I know your boys will have a great time. There is something for everyone.

WINNYIS asked about RCL. Maybe you can answer that.

And once again, welcome to another northeaster. LOL.;)

DARWIN91
08-03-2003, 09:21 AM
Seaspray, how was the water leaving NY? Was it rough? I want to try a cruise to Bermuda and I am trying to convince my friends to come. The Carnival Pride now does Bermuda cruises and that ship is about the same size as the Magic.

We are sailing on this ship and our DD will be 7. This will be our 4th Cruise on the Magic.

Mjasp
08-03-2003, 10:23 AM
Welcome seaspray... Yeah tell us about the waters out of NY. I think I am one of the people Darwin is trying to convince, along with another friend of ours. LOL

Check out the first post on this thread, I have a list of those going and ages of kids if they listed them, for quick reference. I know there are others here going that haven't listed on this page yet, so I didn't put them in the first post.

Welcome aboard to another East Coaster

Joanna

SeaSpray
08-03-2003, 11:26 AM
We sailed out of NYC on June 29th on the Nordic Empress, which is relatively speaking a SMALL ship, and you really couldn't feel the ship move much at all. We spent time at the very back of the ship while we were leaving NYC, having our own private party. We were with a group of 6 people and we had a blast. We missed the "official" Sail Away party though, and when we do the Disney cruise next summer, we plan on being right in the middle of the action!

The next day was a full day at sea and while the ship still wasn't moving much (not that you could really feel), there were waves in the pool on the top deck! LOL It was fun, actually. Not huge waves, but they were caused by the movement of the ship.

When we left Bermuda that following Friday afternoon the seas were a bit choppy. That night my sisters in law and I were dancing in the lounge that is at the far end of the ship, top deck, and boy we could feel the dancefloor moving beneath our feet. We'd all sway and move in unison, as if we were choreographed. lol But it wasn't an unpleasant thing, it really added to the fun of the night. lol

However....later that night, around midnight, I was tired and told my DH and 2 brothers and 2 SILs that I was going to bed and I'd see them in the morning. I went down to my cabin, got undressed, started watching a good movie but within about 15 minutes I threw some clothes back on and went back up to the lounge to be with them! It was just too creepy being alone at that point, feeling the ship go up the air, sort of, as we'd hit the waves. Our cabin was near the front of the ship so I think this is why I felt the movement so much when I was in bed. So the 6 of us stayed up till about 2am, then we were all so tired we just went to bed. My SILs said they woke at 5am Saturday morning due to the movement of the ship, but I slept right through it. The captain said we had hit 15' waves, which I guess is not uncommon. I didn't notice any passengers on the ship who were sick from the waves. DH and I took 1 Bonine tablet each morning of the cruise, even the days we were docked in Bermuda, because I had read that you should take it as a preventative every day, starting with the day BEFORE your cruise, because it's easier to avoid seasickness than it is it treat it once you feel sick.

I hope this answered some of your questions about sailing out of NYC. I wouldn't hesitate to sail out of NYC again, it was great, and we're planning on taking the 9-night Voyager cruise out of NYC to the Caribbean, in summer of 2005. Of course this is a MUCH larger ship than we were on going to Bermuda, so I doubt you'd feel much motion on that one.

Mjasp
08-03-2003, 11:36 AM
Thanks for your report Seaspray. I think I would be hesitant to go an the smaller ships. The sea, horizon, zenith. But I wouldn't rule out the Voyager out of NY. Ship is sooo big, I really don't think you would feel anything.

Thanks
Joanna

SeaSpray
08-03-2003, 11:41 AM
P.S.

I forgot to thank you all for the warm welcome! :)

Joanna:
Are you concerned about seasickness? I know a lot of people don't like the idea of the smaller ships that sail the Atlantic because of that reason. If someone could really predict the weather, and you knew for sure you wouldn't hit any rough seas, then it'd be fine, but you just never know.

Mjasp
08-03-2003, 11:51 AM
Thats exactly it, yes I am very concerned about seasickness. I hear all these things about the Atlantic that the dishes and glasses rattle on the table etc, etc. But 2005 on the voyager sounds like a real possibility. We can have a RCCL meet in 2005.LOL

Joanna

tonia
08-03-2003, 06:31 PM
welcome SeaSpray i hope to see you on the cruise. i tried to wait to tell my children but I am so excited that i could not hold it in. we have cruised before mostly on carnival so this is our first disney cruise. i am sure your boys will have a great time. there is so much information on the disboards that my trip is basically planned already:cool: i am ready to leave now!!

p.s. being from Mass. still puts you with the north east cruise but you never stop being a JERSEY GIRL ha ha ha ha

sandygirl
08-03-2003, 07:39 PM
Have you seen the t-shirts VERANDAH MAN has designed for his upcoming cruise? Maybe we could design one for our cruise or ask Andy to do a design.

Something like: East Coasters Cruising the Western, Aug 2004.

winnyis
08-03-2003, 07:51 PM
Tshirts that Veranda Man designed - I would love to see them.

Thanks

Ginny

Mjasp
08-03-2003, 09:29 PM
OOOh Sandy Girl you may be onto something here. We were on the Inaugural Western and Garry had T-shirts made for our cruise. I was new to the DIS then and didn't get in on it, but now I know better.

tonia
08-03-2003, 10:13 PM
Sandy Girl you are on the ball, that is a great idea. let me know. i sounds like a great plan.

winnyis
08-03-2003, 10:28 PM
We should definately try to do something for our group!!!!

SeaSpray
08-08-2003, 08:53 PM
Hi group! :)

I am excited to say that we officially booked today and we will be in cabin #2026, cat 9 :) DSs still don't know about the cruise, I'm hoping to keep is a secret for a few more months.

tonia: You are SOOO right when you say that you never stop being a JERSEY GIRL! WOO HOO :p I just spent 2 weeks at the NJ shore and I'm heading back on Monday for a couple more days!!

Those t-shirts sound like a great idea!! :)

Sorry if you all discussed this already, but are any of you planning on flying in to Florida the day before? We are definitely going to, and will probably stay at the Radisson near the port. I've checked the Radisson's web site and I am probably going to grab their $89 rate now. They only require a credit card # to hold the room and you can cancel right up to 6pm on the date of arrival. The $89 rate is for a room with 2 double beds, but I know they also have bigger rooms with jacuzzis and king beds. If anyone else is going to be there the night before, maybe we could get together that evening! I can't wait to start checking the airfare from Boston. Since the airlines don't release the dates until 331 days (or something close to that) before the departure date, I can't start checking fares until almost October! Are all of you booking your airfare or yourselves or do any of you have a package including air?? I'm going to get our air myself, and also book Tiffany Towncar to take us from the airport to the Radisson, then take us from the port back to the airport. (Don't want to think about THAT part of the trip though! lol)

sandygirl
08-08-2003, 09:30 PM
Glad you are officially with us! We will definately be flying in the day before. The first 3 cruises we flew in on departure day. It isn't that bad, but my DH usually misses most of the fun on the first day because he is resting. I want to avoid traveling right from the airport to the port this time. Don't know where we will be staying yet.

I'm also anxiously awaiting the release of airfares for our trip. The 1st cruise I let Disney arrange everything because I had no clue on what to do. Now I book my own flight and this time I am thinking about arranging transportation to and from (yuck!) the port. I keep reading the boards for information.

I'm so jealous! I had to forego my vacation time at the shore this year. Boo Hoo! You bet I'll be there next year no matter what. I have made a few day trips (even took a 1/2 sick day one afternoon and headed to the closest beach with my DD and DSis. Good thing my boss is cool).

Keep thinking of those ideas for a t-shirt. I would really like to do something. Anyone good with graphics?

winnyis
08-08-2003, 11:39 PM
We always fly in the day before and stay at the Radisson. $89 isnt a bad rate - we paid that in 2001 and then in 2002 we lucked out and got the $59 rate. You could book it at the 89 and then cancel and rebook if you see a lower rate.

They have a great pool - we had a DISmeet there last year before our cruise and it was fun.

Not sure about transportation for us - past few years we have rented from Avis since they were at the Radisson - now that they arent we might rethink that..

Ginny

SeaSpray
08-16-2003, 01:03 AM
Hi everyone!

Just thought I'd let you all know that 54 weeks from today we'll be boarding the Magic for our cruise!! I don't know if 54 weeks sounds better than 378 days!! :p We're booked at the Radisson for the night before the cruise, in a 2-kingbeds, 2 room jacuzzi suite. I know the Radisson has gotten some mixed reviews lately but I figure we have a whole year to see if the reviews get better or worse.

I have a question for all of you: When do you think you'll be booking your airfare? I know we still have to wait over a month before the airlines release those dates. I want to start watching the rates as soon as possible and book if/when I see a good rate, but I hate that you have pay upfront for airfare, and it's non-refundable. We'll be flying home on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend. Do you think this will effect the fares??

sandygirl
08-16-2003, 12:08 PM
54 weeks sound better to me. Sounds shorter. :cool:

I'll start looking for airfare as soon as it becomes available. I wondered about the Labor Day timing also. I don't think it is a traditionally heavy air travel weekend. Could be wrong though.

I just told myself this morning that there really is not much sense in checking the boards everyday (several times a day ;) ) when we don't sail until a whole year from now. AND HERE I AM!

SeaSpray
08-16-2003, 02:42 PM
Hi Sandy!

I know what you mean. LOL I just tell myself that I am still "researching" the excursions and other aspects of the cruise, and that's why I check these boards daily :p

Mjasp
08-16-2003, 08:02 PM
Hi all...Just back from our Orlando vacation at Vistana resort. It wasn't as hot in Orlando as I would have liked, but it was nice just the same. Only had one day of nice hot Florida weather. Otherwise, it was pretty cool for Florida in August.

Did I miss anything? I am not researching and am addicted, I admit it. LOL So glad I did miss the blackout though.

Soon we will be under a year. :Pinkbounc

sandygirl
08-16-2003, 08:26 PM
Sorry your weather was not so great in Orlando. Glad you missed the blackout, though. You didn't miss much, just us obssessing.

Seaspray, I'm afraid I may miss something and be sorry later. I only check the first posted page when I check in, so I am sure I miss a great deal. Plus I like to think that I help some people with their questions the way I have been helped. So, you see I do have an altruistic purpose for being on the DIS. :p LOL

Hello to all the other DISers who are sailing with us and just surf without posting. I know you are out there.

See you in 54 weeks!

SeaSpray
08-16-2003, 08:27 PM
Welcome back!! :) I'm glad you had a good trip to Florida! I'm surprised it was cool there this time of year, but then again, the weather has been really strange this summer.

That's right, in another couple of weeks we'll be under a year till our cruise! :teeth:

Mjasp
08-16-2003, 09:29 PM
Sandy, seaspray...I do like the 54 weeks better also

SeaSpray
08-23-2003, 02:06 PM
HI everyone!!

Well it's that time of the week to check in!! :teeth: 53 weeks from right now we'll be aboard the Magic!!

I bought the Passporter's Guide to the Disney Cruise Line last night, and I was up until 3am reading it, I couldn't put it down. LOL

DSs still don't know about the cruise, but last night DS12 said he felt deprived because he hasn't been on a cruise yet. LOL DH and I just looked at each other and then gave him an answer to throw him off track. I told him "I was 42 years old before I went on my first cruise, you've got a long time to go!" :p Yeah, he's got 53 weeks to go, except he doesn't know it yet. Hehehehe....

Those of you with school-age children, have they started back to school yet?? Mine still have over a week to go, they go back on the Wednesday after Labor Day. We're planning a weekend trip to Vermont for some time this fall. We were there 2 years ago and it's time to go back for some fresh maple syrup, and to tour the Ben & Jerry's factory again!

I hope you all are well! :) Enjoy these last few days and weeks of summer!!

Mjasp
08-23-2003, 03:32 PM
Our kids also go back the Wednesday after Labor Day. Where do you stay in Vermont? My DD's really want to go up there.

Glad someone is keeping track of the weeks, I like the way it sounds.

SeaSpray
08-23-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Mjasp
Our kids also go back the Wednesday after Labor Day. Where do you stay in Vermont? My DD's really want to go up there.

Glad someone is keeping track of the weeks, I like the way it sounds.

Last time we went to the Waterbury area and stayed at the Old Stagecoach Inn. www.oldstagecoach.com We will probably stay there again. It's a nice B&B, they have very good rates, and their breakfasts are wonderful. We stayed in their "Suite #1" last time and it was great for sleeping arrangements for our family. It's not as quaint as the rooms with just one bed, but it was great to have a separate bedroom, with DSs having a separate bedroom and each their own bed, plus the livingroom/kitchen area. I have pictures of our trip to Vermont on my website, there's a link in my signature below, then scroll down to "Waterbury, Vermont 2001".

I like counting the weeks down rather than the days....the amount of days left is way too depressing. lol

Mjasp
08-23-2003, 04:10 PM
I will check it out. Thanks Also, now it is your job to check in every Saturday and remind us of the weeks.

Next week it will be a year, WOO HOO

Then the real countdown begins.

winnyis
08-23-2003, 05:21 PM
Yes I agree 53 weeks sounds better than they days... its still seems so far away - I booked this the day they opened up for these dates back in December (well actually I booked it last september on board - but then switched the dates when they opened this date up) I was going through vacation withdrawal so I booked the 11/1/03 Navigator of the Seas for the Teacher COnvention Week here in NJ.

Ginny

sandygirl
08-24-2003, 12:33 PM
Just checking on what I missed while away. And the "count-down" continues. Yea! Hope everyone has had an awesome summer. My DD is getting ready to return to school after Labor Day, too. I received an e-mail from Disney Dreams about some changes on the DCL Magic. I'm sure things could change again in the next "53 WEEKS".

Mjasp
08-28-2003, 08:08 AM
366 more days to go WOO HOO

Was wondering why my timer wasn't right. I have it set for 8/27/04 as that is when I am leaving. Forgot it was leap year.

See you in a year

Joanna

SeaSpray
08-28-2003, 08:17 AM
Technically, our cruise is a YEAR from today on August 28th! :teeth: This week we can have 2 "celebrations"....today because it's August 28th, and then again Saturday when it's exactly a year, 52 weeks, from then!! :p

I can't believe summer is basically over. I just drove DS12 to Orientation Day at the middle school. In our town, the middle school is 7th and 8th grades. They don't start school until Sept. 3rd, so they have a few more days off till then.

I'm wondering when they will come out with a new brochure. The one I have is the 2002-2004 brochure, but the dates in the back only go up to April 2004, and now with the changes they'll be making to the Magic while it's in drydock this fall, a lot of the info will be outdated too.

SeaSpray
08-30-2003, 10:13 AM
Hey everyone, it's 52 weeks till our cruise!!! :)

Each week I love reading the past weeks' cruiser's reviews and reports and I can't wait to hear how Andy and his family enjoyed their cruise :)

Have a great long-weekend everyone!!! :cool:

Mjasp
08-30-2003, 10:16 AM
52 weeks. Let the countdown begin.

WOO HOO

Have a happy and safe weekend, talk to you all next Saturday.

Joanna:Pinkbounc

Caren90
08-30-2003, 12:11 PM
Hi Everyone,
Just popping back to say hello. I have not posted since this thread began, but I do love checking it now and again to keep the excitment going. Oh how I wish it were this year.
Have a great weekend everyone.
Caren

tonia
08-30-2003, 12:57 PM
good afternoon,

HAPPY LABOR DAY WEEKEND

it is now officially less than a year until our cruise and I can't wait. I was wondering did anyone follow up on possible shirts for the cruise. I know the idea had been kicked around and several people agreed to it. let me know. i try to only look at the boards once a week becasue i get so excited. I have got to be worse than my children. As soon as anyone hears about the new brochures coming out can you let me know becasue i am really interested in the changes on the ship. and if i hear something first i will put it on the board. i have already booked my hotel so that we can come on down the night before. i really look forward to meeting everyone on the ship. have a great weekend.:Pinkbounc :p

Mjasp
08-30-2003, 01:33 PM
Tonia...Did you book the Radisson?

Joanna

SeaSpray
08-31-2003, 10:26 PM
Hi everyone!

I am SO happy to realize that our cruise is now less than a year away :p I checked on both the Disney official web site and my TA's web site, and the price of our cruise has gone UP! I am so glad we're already booked!! :)

I am wondering what excursions you're all considering. Here's what I have planned so far, although these could change by next year: (please keep in my that my DH and DSs aren't big beach people, so I won't be booking any beach excursions except of course the day we'll be at Castaway Cay)

KEY WEST:

Western Union Schooner. http://www.schoonerwesternunion.com/
They offer a "sunset" tour or a "midday" tour. This can be booked through Disney or booked on your own. I'm planning on the midday tour then doing a little exploring on our own. I'd like to stop into Margaritaville and the Hard Rock Cafe. We have late dining, so from what I've read we should be able to view the sunset from the top deck of the Magic before going to dinner.

GRAND CAYMAN:

Stingray City and snorkeling (our own gear). Not sure who we'll book this through yet.

Nautilus Undersea Tour. http://www.nautilus.ky/
I've seen pictures of this and they show this on the Disney Cruise Line planning video too, it looks pretty cool.

Hopefully have time to walk around near the pier a little on this day, too. I want a t-shirt from the Hard Rock Cafe, I collect them.

COZUMEL:

Tulum ruins!! Can't wait for this excursion :) Definitely will book this one through DCL. Take a look at the awesome pictures of the ruins and surrounding area on this site if you'd like: http://externe.net/photos/ll2-mexico-tulum-mayan-ruins/aligned_with_the_stars Scroll through all 46 of this person's pics.

We want to walk around the area near the pier, hit the Hard Rock Cafe for a t-shirt! :)

CASTAWAY CAY:

We'll have our own snorkeling gear with us, and we also want to do the banana boats. I hope to mostly relax this day but explore the island a little, too.

winnyis
09-01-2003, 08:06 AM
I can recommend Captain Marvins for the Stingray City Excursion. We used them last year and loved it - only about 15 people total on our boat and the guides got in the water with us and coaxed out lots of fish and eels while we were snorkeling - My kids loved it. We plan on using them again next year.

Ginny

tonia
09-02-2003, 01:34 PM
IT'S ME AGAIN, I booked the radison so i can come down the night before.

As far as the excursions, i have not planned that much. I have to keep in mind that my husband was in a horrible accident in 2002 and he has a torn rotator, torn acl and back injuries. so that limits the amount of things i can do. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE PLANNED SO FAR:

grand cayman: ???????????????

cozemel: dolphin swim:D :D :D :D :D

key west: visit hemingway's house

castaway key: ?????????????

any suggestions, let me know

thanks

LESS THAN A YEAR AND COUNTING:Pinkbounc

SeaSpray
09-02-2003, 02:58 PM
Ginny: I've read a lot of good things about Capt Marvin's. I think the deciding factor on who we end up booking with will be the time frames they offer. We really want to do the Nautilus semi-sub on that same day, so I'll have to fit both in. Maybe we'll be on the same Capt Marvin's excursion if we end up booking with them :)

Tonia: Maybe we can have a pre-cruise get together at the Radisson the night before! We're already booked there. Sorry to hear about your DH's accident :( Many of our excursions do not require much physical exertion, such as the Western Union Schooner or the Nautilus semi-sub so they may be appropriate for him to do.

winnyis
09-02-2003, 03:01 PM
our cruise. I will be staying there also along with my sister and her family (havent made our reservations yet). We did this last year on our Magic Cruise and it was so nice to meet everyone ahead of time. The Radisson has a great pool too!!!

Mjasp
09-02-2003, 04:28 PM
We will also probably book the Radisson the night before. We stayed there pre cruise in 2002 and was very happy.

OK already 3 families for a DIS meet. I'm traveling with 3 other families and I'm sure they will be staying there also. But I have to get them on the DISboards first.

Excursions...Hmmm, I will change about 100 times before next year, but this is what I like so far. Did the Western last year, so here goes

Key West...Trolley Tour
Grand Cayman...DCL excursion to Hell and back
Cozumel...It's MR.SANCHOS for me
CC...Put my chair at waters edge and tell me when its time to reboard.

Ahhh...Just reading about it is getting me psyched.

Joanna

SeaSpray
09-02-2003, 04:56 PM
My DH's sister and her husband are thinking of joining us on this cruise, so there may be even more people at the Radisson with us! :teeth: I emailed the link to the DIS boards to my SIL last night, so she may be lurking here. If so... HI TINA!! :p They plan on being in Florida for a week before the cruise and going to WDW, and visiting relatives, so I invited them to share our suite the night before the cruise. It's just the two of them so we'd have plenty of room because we have a 2-king bed suite reserved.

Joanna: I'm also considering the Trolley Tour for Key West. And I'D LOVE to go to Mr Sanchos but as of now we have the all-day Tulum ruins excursion planned for our Cozumel day.

Like I said in my previous post, all of the excursions that I am considering now, are definitely subject to change! lol

winnyis
09-02-2003, 04:58 PM
Key West - rent those scotter cars and tool around on our own - since we took the trolly tour last year

Grand Cayman - Capt Marvins 3 hour snorkle & Stingray City Tour

Cozumel - Shopping for my 40th birthday present - BIG DIAMOND EARINGS - and Mr Sanchos - Save me a spot Joanna

Castaway Key - Lay on the family beach and try to figure out how I can stay on the ship for another week - LOL

Ginny

SeaSpray
09-02-2003, 06:26 PM
Ginny: What are the scooter cars?? Do you have a website or info about them? I don't think I've ever heard of them before, but they sound interesting! Thanks! :)

winnyis
09-02-2003, 07:45 PM
Im pretty sure Shirley has some kind of discounts for one of the places that rent these.

http://www.keywest.com/keywestcruisers/

SeaSpray
09-02-2003, 09:07 PM
Thanks so much Ginny, they look like a lot of fun!! :) I've saved that web site so I can show my DH.

Mjasp
09-02-2003, 09:59 PM
Sea Spray...What category did you book?

Do you have the Walt or Roy suite???

Let us know, so we can stop by for a tour.:D

Joanna

SeaSpray
09-03-2003, 06:27 AM
Sea Spray...What category did you book?

Do you have the Walt or Roy suite???

Let us know, so we can stop by for a tour.:D

Joanna

Oh how I wish!! :p The only suite we'll be in will be at the Radisson the night BEFORE the cruise!! :teeth: On the ship we're in a Cat 9. :) If my SIL & BIL go on the cruise too, I don't know what category they'll book.

Mjasp
09-06-2003, 09:06 PM
How many more weeks????

Joanna

xABearx
09-06-2003, 09:30 PM
We have tee minus 51 weeks before we hit the high seas.....boy, the time is gonna creep :(

Mjasp
09-06-2003, 09:44 PM
WOOHOO Welcome aboard xAbear....And the list grows. I LOVE it.

What a meet we will have. Did alot of other DISers join up for the 8/28 when you were aboard?

Joanna

xABearx
09-06-2003, 09:48 PM
We ran into a lady who was there with her daughter and mother and we cruised with them last year, they rebooked that same week we did as did the family that we sat with during dinner.....so, we know of 8 that will be going......Andy

Mjasp
09-06-2003, 09:56 PM
Andy...If you check out the first post on page one. I have everyone listed. I will put your screen name on it, but if you want me to put who is sailing with you just post it and I will add it.

Glad to hear more have booked, This is going to be a great sailing.

Joanna

lynr
09-06-2003, 10:00 PM
We will be on the August 28th cruise. We just came back from the August 16th Cruise.

Myself - Lyn (47)
DH - Bob (45)
DS - Matt (17)
DS girlfriend - Amanda (17)

SeaSpray
09-06-2003, 10:01 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm falling down on the job, didn't get a chance to get online this morning for the weekly countdown!! LOL

Welcome, Andy! How old are the kids in your group??

Not too much new with us, as far as the cruise goes. I've just been reading the boards, and waiting till after Magic's drydock to hear all about the changes. I'm particularly interested in the new teen lounge since both of our DSs will be going there.

xABearx
09-06-2003, 10:01 PM
It'll be myself and "gdulaney" that will be cruising will you all.

SeaSpray
09-06-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by lynr
We will be on the August 28th cruise. We just came back from the August 16th Cruise.

Myself - Lyn (47)
DH - Bob (45)
DS - Matt (17)
DS girlfriend - Amanda (17)

Welcome to the August 28, 2004 thread, Lyn!! :)

xABearx
09-06-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by SeaSpray

Welcome, Andy! How old are the kids in your group??

The kids are 41 and 36....it's just the 2 of us. :p

Mjasp
09-06-2003, 10:07 PM
Lyn...Welcome aboard!!! Your picture is BEAUTIFUL!

Looks like you had a great time. Did you go to the 8/16 DIS meet? Jason, Travis, BD, etc...must have been fun.

Joanna

lynr
09-06-2003, 11:41 PM
Mjasp:

My family and I went to the 8/16 meet it was great to finally put faces with the names. We also went to Captin Marvin's with everyone which was great. I just looked at the DVD from Captin Marvin's again today. It takes me right back to the cruise.

We orignally booked on board for the Sept. 18th cruise to Antigua but my son will be a senior next year and the school told us if he misses 5 days without a doctors note he can't walk with his graduating class. So we switched to the 8/28 cruise. Unfortunately we losted our $400 on board credit, I wrote to the Cruiseline so maybe we will atleast get the $200 credit.
The good news is we will be cruising with all of you!

Lyn:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Mjasp
09-07-2003, 12:09 AM
That is the same reason we are cruising in the summer before school starts. I believe in pulling them out of school, but my 11 yr old is now in 7th grade and taking all honor classes and takes 9th grade math. Too much to miss this year by pulling her. Has her math regents and it would be tough to miss the time.

Not letting him walk with his class is definitely a reason to switch to summer. Thats a tough rule.

Glad you had such a great time cruising, and met some great people.

Joanna

sandygirl
09-07-2003, 11:27 AM
Just checking in quickly to say "WELCOME" to our new 8/28/04 Cruisers.

Sandygirl

Mjasp
09-07-2003, 11:38 AM
Hey Lyn...Jason has stated on another thread that he and Travis are doing back to backs with the 9/4/04 cruise. They will either do the 8/28 with it or the Western after the 9/4. We have to work on them to do the 8/28.

Joanna

SeaSpray
09-13-2003, 09:00 AM
Hi everyone!!

350 days or 50 weeks from today is OUR cruise!!! :) I hope everyone had a good week and is having a great weekend! It's gorgeous weather here in southeastern Massachusetts; we may be taking a ride to Cape Cod this weekend.

Have any of you seen the Travel Channel special on DCL?? I taped it and I think I have the entire show memorized. lol The ships looks beautiful and elegant. Only a few more weeks until the Magic goes into drydock, then we can find out more about the changes and hopefully see pictures of the new lounges and teen place.

Bye for now everyone :)

sandygirl
09-13-2003, 11:07 AM
Okay, I'm excited. How bad will I be at 5 weeks? I am already squirreling away things to pack for the cruise. My DH is a "throw a pair of shorts in a bag and go" kinda' guy. Me...I'm already packing in my head!

xABearx
09-13-2003, 11:11 AM
Imagine how you'll be the day you leave for the Port....I'm the same way as your DH, will wait till the night before we leave to be completely packed and ready to go......Andy

Mjasp
09-13-2003, 03:33 PM
50 more weeks :Pinkbounc

Next week we get into the 40's, then the 30's, Time is flying. LOL

Joanna

SeaSpray
09-13-2003, 03:42 PM
50 more weeks :Pinkbounc

Next week we get into the 40's, then the 30's, Time is flying. LOL

Joanna

Joanna:

That's exactly how I look at it too; counting down the weeks by 10's :p Maybe it'll seem to go by faster that way. hehehe! :teeth:

DARWIN91
09-13-2003, 07:15 PM
I already bought some "end of season" bargains for my cruise.:D

sandygirl
09-14-2003, 09:45 AM
Counting down!

xABearx - I've only cruised in Jan. What is it like in Aug-Sep? Still packing in my mind. LOL

DARWIN91
09-14-2003, 09:56 AM
My first Magic cruise we went the first week of September and the weather was beautiful.

xABearx
09-14-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by sandygirl
Counting down!

xABearx - I've only cruised in Jan. What is it like in Aug-Sep? Still packing in my mind. LOL

All of our cruises have been in late August/early September and we've always had great weather with lots and lots of sun, very hot sun....bring plenty of sunscreen with you.....Andy

tonia
09-14-2003, 12:27 PM
we are counting down and the more i think about it the more excited i get. my dh is the same was as the others, he can pack in an hour but i have to start planning now. i keep trying to find sales at the disney store so that my children can wear disney clothes the whole trip. talk to all of you next week. and we are having great weather also.

see ya
Tonia:D

sandygirl
09-14-2003, 10:49 PM
I just got home from spending the day in Ocean City NJ. What a gorgeous day. As soon as the rain stopped, the sun came out and it was wonderful.

We walked the boards and I found some really cute tropical dresses and tops and pants for DD to wear on the cruise. Great bargains after the season! Now I really can't wait for her to wear them. I don't want to rush time...I do enjoy every moment...but I do want Aug to come. If only I could plan a mid-point cruise. LOL

lynr
09-14-2003, 10:51 PM
Sandygirl:

We did the same exact thing last weekend Ocean City is great this time of year. This weekend was Wildwood for us for the NJ State Firemens Convention. All great sales there too.

Lyn

bashful64
09-15-2003, 12:48 PM
Our family is scheduled to sail on the August 28 Magic :bounce:

There is myself, DH, DD (10), DS (8) and DD (4).

This is or 2nd trip on DCL and we can hardly wait (well the kids and I can hardly wait....DH doesn't tend to get excited over these things).

SeaSpray
09-15-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by bashful64
Our family is scheduled to sail on the August 28 Magic :bounce:

There is myself, DH, DD (10), DS (8) and DD (4).

This is or 2nd trip on DCL and we can hardly wait (well the kids and I can hardly wait....DH doesn't tend to get excited over these things).

Welcome to the August 28, 2004 thread! :)

As you can see, a lot of us have been counting down on this thread for quite some time now :p Only 49.5 weeks to go!! lol

Mjasp
09-15-2003, 02:31 PM
Bashful...Welcome toour thread and welcome aboard again.

I will put you on page one, on our list.

Joanna

sandygirl
09-15-2003, 06:07 PM
Glad you could join us! One of the best parts of posting on this thread is being able to communicate with others who are as excited as we are. My DH has a good time wherever he goes, just doesn't get into before hand. He wouldn't go anywhere if I didn't plan it.

So, Welcome! You can be excited with us.

bashful64
09-16-2003, 12:38 AM
Thanks for the welcome!

My DH will be glad that I have found others to be excited with ;)

I am glad I am not the only one that is already counting down to this cruise, packing in my head and planning an replanning every day. :)

mikesmom88
09-16-2003, 09:25 AM
DH, DS15 and I will be sailing on the Magic for our 2nd time.

19 family members are joining us 8/28/04. My aunt an uncle are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversay and will renew their wedding vows aboard the ship on 9/2/04.

Say Hi when you see us!

Mjasp
09-16-2003, 09:32 AM
Awesome and congrats to your aunt and uncle. I will say HI when we see you all.

Joanna

bashful64
09-16-2003, 12:07 PM
Welcome aboard!

Congrats to your aunt and uncle. My DH and I will be celebrating our anniversary on abord as well but we aren't anywhere close to 50 years!

SeaSpray
09-16-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by mikesmom88
DH, DS15 and I will be sailing on the Magic for our 2nd time.

19 family members are joining us 8/28/04. My aunt an uncle are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversay and will renew their wedding vows aboard the ship on 9/2/04.

Say Hi when you see us!

Welcome to the thread, mikesmom! :) I'm glad to see that you have a teenage DS. So far most of the kids that we know about are younger than that. We'll have our 2 DSs with us, they'll be 16 and 13 when we sail next summer.

Congrats to your aunt and uncle on their 50th Anniversary! :)

tonia
09-17-2003, 10:53 AM
welcome welcome bashful64

this is our first dcl trip. we have cruised before but we are looking forward to this one. hope to meet you and your family there.

Tonia!!:D

trishamg
09-17-2003, 08:47 PM
I will also be on this cruise, I'm glad to see so many others. I will be traveling with my family, aunt, cousins, mom and 3 godchildren (who will be 12, 8 & 3). This is my 3rd Disney Cruise but will be the first 7 day. We cant wait and the excitement builds each time we even mention the cruise. :)

Mjasp
09-17-2003, 09:28 PM
Welcome aboard Trishamg and family.

And the DIS meet grows, I just love it.:Pinkbounc

Joanna

tonia
09-18-2003, 10:11 AM
good morning

it's me again. since we are all going on this cruise can we all pick a place so we can all meet. after chating back and forth and having so many disney things in common i would love to meet you all.

i hope everyone will be safe during this upcoming storm. be safe and i will talk to everyone next week.

tonia!!

xABearx
09-18-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by tonia
good morning

it's me again. since we are all going on this cruise can we all pick a place so we can all meet. after chating back and forth and having so many disney things in common i would love to meet you all.

During our cruise last month, we all met in the Promenade Lounge right after the life boat drill.....Andy

ThreeCircles
09-18-2003, 11:40 AM
The Promenade Lounge seems to be the most popular location for Dis Meets!

Our group had a large meet for the Magic August 16-23 sailing. It was great! Lots of room for photos and conversation!

Mjasp
09-18-2003, 02:23 PM
I'm all for the Promenade lounge. We also have to try and have a Radisson meet for those staying there.

Wind is picking up here, but not bad at all, so far.

Joanna

xABearx
09-18-2003, 03:08 PM
Sorry, we won't be staying at the Radisson.....we always come down on Thursday and stay in Orlando that and Friday night and drive to the port Saturday morning.....Andy

bashful64
09-18-2003, 04:33 PM
Hi trishamg and welcome to the 8/28/04 cruise :)

A meet on board sounds great.

Unfortunately we won't be at the Radisson. We are planning on spending a few days in WDW before the cruise :)

tonia
09-18-2003, 05:00 PM
all this sounds really great. i look forward to meeting all of you. and the idea of a radisson meet is very cool. this is really going to be a great trip. i am having fun already and i haven't left jersey yet. talk to ya in a week. can someone keep me up to date on the t-shirt idea. i need to know from anyone how soon can i call the person in the gift shop to have a basket sent to my room for my son who really wanted to see pooh bear or in his words winne a pooh:D let me know....

Thanks
Tonia

Mjasp
09-19-2003, 10:42 PM
Is our cruise sold out??? It can't be, its kind of off season. I went on Orbitz to check prices for our cruise and it said "this cruise is no longer available. Then I went to DCL's site and it also said "this cruise is no longer available".

Whats the deal, I hope they aren't cancelling. What do you think it is?

Thanks
Joanna

Mjasp
09-19-2003, 11:04 PM
OK I hit the panic button, but it appears the DCL website is down as NO crusie is available LOL

That is probably why Orbitz is down.

Talk to you all tomorrow, when we get our countdown.

Joanna

gdulaney
09-20-2003, 10:14 AM
Thank goodness!! Now step away from the big red panic button. :p (just kidding!!)

Ginny

gdulaney
09-20-2003, 10:18 AM
...a basket sent to my room for my son who really wanted to see pooh bear or in his words winnie a pooh...

Tonia,

If you're a Pooh fan too, we were at our local K-Mart last night and they have the cutest fleece sweatshirts in the ladies dept. I saw both Pooh and Mickey. Not good for cruising, but great for the winter! They may also have Disney clothes in the children's dept.

Ginny

SeaSpray
09-20-2003, 10:34 AM
Hi everyone!

Well it's really getting close now...ONLY 49 weeks to go! hehehehe ;) :p

The latest news here is that my DH and I are now considering upgrading to a verandah cabin, cat. 6. We're currently booked in at cat. 9 oceanview cabin. We'll make the decision within the next week or so. One day we think it'll be worth the extra $$, then the next day we think we could use that money for excursions and other things. I know we'll have a great cruise, either way! :)

I hope everyone is doing well. Not to get depressing or anything, but my mother has been in the hospital this past week. She's 84 years old and has advanced Alzheimer's disease. For the past several years my father has been caring for her at home, 24/7. I truly believe that if she had been in a nursing home all this time, she'd no longer be with us. Anyway, at this stage, they feel it's time to put in a feeding tube since it's become apparent that she's losing the ability to swallow. This is a very common stage with advanced Alzheimer's, so I knew this day would come sooner or late :(

Anyway....otherwise things in our house are fine, the boys are all settled back into the school routine and doing well, and I hope all you other August 28, 2004 cruisers are fine too :)

Mjasp
09-20-2003, 12:56 PM
Seaspray...Sorry about your mom. Thanks for our weekly countdown, It really is getting closer, we are in the 40 something weeks now.;) We or should I say "I" am always wondering if we should upgrade or not. Same as you waffling from day to day. But if I want to rebook again, I keep telling myself to stay where I am, but you don't know how I would just love to upgrade.

Ginny...welcome aboard, I'm glad you stopped by to chat with us.

Everyone is back in school now and back to the routine of running, running, running. I need a vacation. LOL

Talk to you all next week if not sooner.

Joanna

gdulaney
09-20-2003, 02:57 PM
Joanna - thank you for the welcome!! I think my husband (xabearx) has posted several times.

Seaspray - I'm sorry to hear about your mom. Thank you for the weekly countdown! 40-something weeks sounds so much better than "slightly less than an year."

Hope everybody has a good weekend!
Ginny

sandygirl
09-20-2003, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the countdown.

Seaspray - It is a heavy load to pull when a loved one is ill, and especially more so when things decline. I am thinking of you. Family members from out west have flown in this weekend to have a "final" visit with my Grandmom. We have gathered down the Jersey shore and are having a wonderful visit. Cherish each moment and give your dad a respite. My mom is sole caretaker of Grandmom and I worry more about her than Grandmom. It does take a toll.

Other than that, folks...I will see you in 49 weeks!!

winnyis
09-20-2003, 05:12 PM
welcome to all the newest cruisers to join our merry group. We made our reservations at the Radisson for the 27th so anyone else who is going to be there - we should all meet up by the pool Friday night .

I love the ideas of tee shirts or even buttons (the ones Andy made were great). Who's the creative one in our group.

well I hope everyone is doing well. Seaspray my thoughts are with you during this tough time!!!

Ginny

Joanna - can you add my Dsis, DBIL and Dneice(4) and Dnephew(8) to our list on the first page - Thanks!!

Mjasp
09-20-2003, 05:53 PM
consider it done, ginny (winnyis) Ginny...Why don't you tell your sister to join the DIS and chat with us, if she isn't a member already.

2 Ginny's on this cruise. So now I have to put your screen name in parenthesis.

Joanna

tonia
09-21-2003, 08:53 AM
40 something weeks and counting down.

Seaspray - you and your family are in our prayers. everyday i live with my husband who was in a terrible accident last june. he has a closed head injury and that affects his new memory (or what there is of it) so his last full day was june 25, 2002. I know how caring for someone with that kind of ailment can be difficult.

that's why we all need a vacation ha ha ha ha

i also want to upgrade but the money that i would spend to upgrade from cat 9 to 6 i can spend somewhere else. i also feel that it will be an amazing trip no matter what cat. i stay on.

Ginny - thanks for the pooh bear information but it is my son that is head over heels for pooh. But i am still going to check out the sweatshirts. Thank you for the idea. Also we will be at the radisson on friday the 27 and i would love to meet you and you family.

I have a peice of great news. My mom is now coming. Which means she will be with the kids and that means time alone with the husbaned (if i can remember what that is ha ha ha ha).

the kids are all in school and back to school night is monday. i can't wait.

let me know about t-shirts or buttons

and to everyone else - i look forward to meeting each and everyone of you in 40 + weeks and i will talk to all of you next week or less.

:D

xABearx
09-21-2003, 10:39 AM
Ginny - thanks for the pooh bear information but it is my son that is head over heels for pooh. But i am still going to check out the sweatshirts. Thank you for the idea. Also we will be at the radisson on friday the 27 and i would love to meet you and you family.

Hey Tonia.....We usually leave here on Thursday morning and will spend the night in Orlando that and Friday night and then drive to the port Saturday morning so we will have to wait for the meet until we get on the ship.....it will be only 'gdulaney' and myself....we don't have any kids.....Andy

tonia
09-21-2003, 01:20 PM
i would love to meet you guys on the ship who know we might end up at the adults only restaurant on the same night or something. see ya there.

gdulaney
09-21-2003, 09:28 PM
Tonia,

I just checked the K-Mart ad and Disney boys' and girls' apparel (size 4-8) is on sale... 35% off (at least for the Atlanta area)...hopefully it's on sale near you too.

Ginny

tonia
09-22-2003, 08:30 AM
thank you, I will check that out. Thanks:D :D

SeaSpray
09-22-2003, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the good thoughts and wishes regarding my mom, everyone. I really appreciate it.

cynditoo
09-22-2003, 05:43 PM
I just booked thru DU! This will be our first 7 day. I'm a little worried that my dds 6 & 8 might get bored during the 2 days at sea. Is this a potential problem or am I unduly stressed?

Mjasp
09-22-2003, 07:21 PM
Unduly stressed. The 2 days at sea aren't back to back, so for sure they will not get bored.

Welcome aboard and when I get back from the PTA meeting, I will put you and your family on the page one list. Let me know who will be sailing with you.:D

Joanna

tonia
09-22-2003, 09:52 PM
hey Cynditoo

don't worry about the two days at sea. I thought about that when i first booked but i had a good friend who sent me into the ***************** and i took a look at the navagators although they won't be exactly the same but it gave me a glimpse of some of the things that kids can do. so don't worry everything will be fine and me and my family will see you there.

Tonia:D :D

SeaSpray
09-27-2003, 12:13 AM
Hey everyone!

I'm at the NJ shore staying at my niece's house tonight.... I came down on Thursday so I could be with my mom and family while she's still in the hospital. They haven't done the surgery yet, it looks like it's postponed until some time next week. My DH is back in Massachusetts with my DSs while I'm here for a few more days. Thanks again for all the good thoughts regarding my mom.

Anyway, wanted to sign on to do the official weekly countdown!

48 WEEKS TO GO and I'm even more excited since I called our TA this past week and upgraded our cabin to a verandah cabin!! :) Of course, I wouldn't care if we were sleeping in the lobby, it's going to be so much fun!!! :teeth:

Hope you all are doing well this weekend!!

tonia
09-27-2003, 07:33 AM
i am glad you are doing okay, we all said before our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I am very happy for you that you upgraded, i am still thinking about it but i think i need the extra money more.

enjoy the shore it is suppose to be a great day today and there is nothing like jersey shore fries ha ha ha ha

iwill talk to everyone next week

seaspray i hope you have a safe journey back home.

Mjasp
09-27-2003, 06:47 PM
Seaspray...Good Luck to your mom. Glad you were able to check in for us, believe it or not, I count on you to count for us LOL.

Enjoy todays beautiful weather.

Joanna

sandygirl
09-27-2003, 10:13 PM
SEASPRAY - Thinking of you and your family.

Do you think they would let us sleep in the lobby? I've been known to sleep just about anywhere. We had a verandah on 2 cruises but didn't on the last and won't this time. Can I hang out on yours?

Glad to see we have new members. WELCOME cynditoo.

And the countdown continues...

xABearx
10-03-2003, 10:24 PM
47 Weeks -

Hi all.....we are about 47 weeks now from hitting the high seas and having a great time.....the weeks sure are going by slow, but, I guess it'll get here eventually.....hope everyone is doing well and have a great week !!! Andy:teeth:

Mjasp
10-03-2003, 10:29 PM
Hi Andy...Yes the time is dragging. In about a month we'll get in the 200's, as far as days go. But I do like the countdown of weeks instead of days.

Joanna

SeaSpray
10-03-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by xABearx
47 Weeks -

Hi all.....we are about 47 weeks now from hitting the high seas and having a great time.....the weeks sure are going by slow, but, I guess it'll get here eventually.....hope everyone is doing well and have a great week !!! Andy:teeth:

:wave:Hi Andy!

Yes, 47 weeks from tonight we'll be at the Radisson at the port, looking forward to boarding the Magic the next day!!!

I've had a week from "you know where" this past week. In addition to my mother being in the hospital STILL, her health is declining so they haven't done the surgery for the feeding tube yet, then while I was in NJ, my 47 yr old brother drove himself to the ER because he wasn't feeling well and while he was there his heart stopped for 8 seconds!! They ended up putting a pacemaker in the next day, and we're all still in shock over that. He should be fine, they found no evidence of heart attack, blockage, or any other heart disease. They actually don't know why his heart stopped like that. Then, last Sunday while I was still in NJ, my DH called me and said our hot water heater had sprung a leak during the night, so he woke up to a flooded basement. We had recently turned it into a finished basement. Fortunately we have excellent homeowner's insurance and they sent over a water damage restoration company and now, less than a week later, our basement and familyroom (plus there's a laundry room, my DH's home office, and a workshop down there) is bone dry once again! They got the water up quickly and all this past week they had huge dehumidifiers and warm air blowers set up to make sure the entire basement was dried out properly. Our insurance adjuster was here on Wednesday and when he left we had a check in our hands to cover replacing the wall to wall carpeting, as well as paint, and other associated expenses. We will still receive another check for all of the items that were damaged and destroyed from the water.
Then this week I had some very bad abdominal pains so I went to the doctor yesterday morning. After doing some preliminary tests she suspects ovarian cysts. I am scheduled for an abdominal ultrasound in a few weeks. I also found out that my blood pressure is sky high, 145/100!!! After this past week, I'm not surprised. lol
So....in the end, it's been an amazingly stressful week, but things could definitely be much worse.

Tomorrow morning (Saturday morning) at 10am I will be on the phone calling Telecharge to get tickets to see Jerry Seinfeld in concert at the Wang Theater in Boston, in January. This is supposed to be a very popular event, please wish me success in getting tickets!! DH and I are huge Seinfeld fans, and my DSister, DBIL, DNiece, and DNephew-in-law want to go with us, so I'll be trying to get 6 tickets.

I hope you all had a good week, and have a wonderful weekend!! Are you all still as excited about our Disney cruise as I am, even though we still have almost a year to go?? :hyper:

Mjasp
10-03-2003, 11:03 PM
OMG, Seaspray...You had the same kind of week I had in August. It was horrible and I'm glad everyone is doing better.

Good Luck with the tickets, we love Seinfeld, we always quote him, especially when we are in Florida and the server never checks on us. Remember that one don't you. LOL

Joanna

DARWIN91
10-04-2003, 01:30 AM
Hey MJASP - where in Florida were you? DEL BOCA VISTA???????:wave2:

Mjasp
10-04-2003, 04:44 PM
ROTFL

tonia
10-04-2003, 05:35 PM
OH MY OH MY Seaspray, what a time you are having, that sounds like the last year that i had. 7 days sleeping in chair with my injured husband and 6 weeks in the rehab center with him and this wed. we will go for a second opinion for his torn acl and torn rotator and i am hoping that they can do the surgery because that would make him much easier to live with. You and your family are in our prayers. well today we were out at the mall and we stopped at the travel agent and asked if they had any new dcl books and my son is soooooooo excited just looking at the book and i can not wait until the limo picks us up at the house to take us to the airport. we will stay at the radisson and then the next day i can not wait to see my childrens faces when they see the boat (i can't wait to see my face i am just as excited as they are) everyone have a great week and say a little prayer for us for wed. as we will be extending prayers for everyone and their families to be safe and happy. until next week.

Tonia:D

xABearx
10-10-2003, 08:54 PM
46 Weeks --

Hello all....well, another week has passed and we are now down to 46 more to go....hope all had a great week and an even better weekend, 3 day for some of us......Andy

Mjasp
10-10-2003, 09:05 PM
AHHHH 46 more weeks to go. We are off on Monday here.

Andy...I'm sure you know this already, but did you check out the pricing for the GA. residents.

Joanna

xABearx
10-10-2003, 09:14 PM
AHHHH 46 more weeks to go. We are off on Monday here.

Andy...I'm sure you know this already, but did you check out the pricing for the GA. residents.

Joanna

Hey Joanna.....I did not see the pricing for us here in GA....I did read on another post that 1 person in the party had to be from FL to qualify for the discount which didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.......Andy

Mjasp
10-10-2003, 09:22 PM
Sorry Andy. GA. rates only go till December 2003 for now. If you have time off for Thanksgiving week, its $1857 for 2 in a category 9. Is that price good?

Joanna

xABearx
10-10-2003, 09:32 PM
That seems to be a very good deal during Thanksgiving.....we use our points to cruise though, got next years cruise in a Cat. 9 using the on board booking which was 130 pp which I thought was a great deal.......Andy

turtlekrawl
10-11-2003, 11:59 AM
Hi All!

Just wanted to add our names to the 8/28/04 Western Cruise.....

It's me, Jim

DW Sandy
DD Carly 17
DS Jimmy 15
DS Alec 7

This will be our second cruise, we were on the 8/23/03 Eastern (VerandahMan) ;) Cruise....

Looking forward to getting to know you all......

Jim

xABearx
10-11-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by turtlekrawl

we were on the 8/23/03 Eastern

Jim

We were on this cruise as well.....maybe we'll run into you this time around......Andy

sandygirl
10-11-2003, 02:43 PM
Glad to hear you are joining us. :wave:

46 weeks and counting...

Sitting home recovering from surgery.

turtlekrawl
10-11-2003, 02:44 PM
Andy,

That would be great.

My family had such a good time on the cruise we can't wait for next August....

Jim

turtlekrawl
10-11-2003, 03:16 PM
Sandy,
Thanks!
Sorry to hear about your surgery...:(
Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Glad you have the cruise to look forward too!

Jim

Mjasp
10-11-2003, 04:33 PM
WELCOME JIM and family.

46 more weeks ,but who's counting?

"US" LOL

I will add your family to page 1

Sandygirl...Hope you are feeling better

Joanna

sandygirl
10-11-2003, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the kind words. Just hanging out, resting, taking meds and waiting to heal. Should be "better" than new in 6-8 weeks.

turtlecrawl - I see you are DVC. So are we. We'll be at Vero for the 1st time in April. Any tips, hints, or must do's?

:magnify:

turtlekrawl
10-11-2003, 07:59 PM
Mjasp,

Thanks, it's great to be here, but we'll all be in a better place in 46 weeks!:p

Sandygirl,

Yep, we love DVC!
We had reservations for Vero next July, but canceled so that we can cruise instead.

Most of our points are at OKW, but we've been to Vero 2 or 3 times and we love it. We haven't ventured too far from the resort, we just tend to hang out at the pool or the beach, and eat most meals in the villa.

The surf at the beach can be very rough, watch out for little ones if you have them. Heck, I don't swim so my kids usually look out for me! Get pool chairs early, they go quickly....

Jim

tonia
10-13-2003, 10:17 AM
:Pinkbounc hello hello hello, it's me me me me and did I read someone say who's counting - ME!!!!

Sandygirl get better soon. Jim and family welcome welcome welcome.

my son (5) just got the new disney cruise book and he is trying his hardest to understand how we are going to jump from land onto the boat. he is very excited already. I will talk to everyone next week if not sooner.

Have a great week and if anyone was off from work then enjoy the three day weekend.:wave2:

turtlekrawl
10-13-2003, 12:24 PM
Tonia,

Thanks!, I know how he feels!

I stopped into a travel agent the other day, but they didn't have any.....:(

Jim

Mjasp
10-13-2003, 02:11 PM
www.disshop.com (http://www.disshop.com)

I hope I did this right, Don't really know how to add links.

Check out the DIS T-Shirts. Maybe we should go with the green ones for our cruise, so we can identify each other.

I know we have plenty of time, but what do you all think?

Joanna

tonia
10-13-2003, 02:31 PM
princess: the green shirts look a okay to me. let me know what everyone else thinks.

Mjasp
10-14-2003, 10:37 PM
Bumping up for Vols101.

Come join our thread and we'll see you in 46 more weeks:D

Joanna

winnyis
10-14-2003, 10:42 PM
with our names and screen names on them. Kinda like Andy did.. get the mickey paint swatches in Alien Green, Scan them into a computer and then type names on them....

Just an idea of something we could wear each day....

Ginny

Mjasp
10-14-2003, 10:48 PM
Great idea Ginny, but I must confess, I am the most uncrafty person you will ever meet.

I still have my lanyard from last year that Joe "Joe and Joanne" made us all. I will try (and note the word "TRY") post it to this thread one of these days.

Joanna

winnyis
10-14-2003, 10:51 PM
of time so maybe I can play around a little and make a prototype or two and then post pictures and get everyones feedback.

I will try to start putting something together once I get back from the Navigator cruise.....

Ginny

Mjasp
10-14-2003, 10:55 PM
OR If you live by Andy, you can bring all the materials to him and he could do it. LOL

Joanna

tonia
10-15-2003, 02:18 PM
princess: well we are just a group full of ideas and I LOVE IT:hyper:

let me know and i will try to do it. i am also just a little crafty but it is a great idea

Ginny work your magic and see what you come up with. have a great week

xABearx
10-17-2003, 02:05 PM
45 Weeks....

Well another week has passed by and we are now about 45 weeks away from sailing on the newly refurbished MAGIC......WOOHOO......hope everyone is doing well and have a super weekend !!! Andy

Mjasp
10-17-2003, 02:43 PM
Hi Andy...Seems like they are having a "MAGICal" time this week on the cruise. Wish I was with them. But in 45 weeks, we will be the ones reporting to the boards.

Talk to you all next week, have a great week and weekend.

Joanna

SeaSpray
10-17-2003, 05:55 PM
Hi everyone:

I've been in NJ for the past 10 days, just got back to MA this afternoon. I was with my mom for the last 4 days of her life, she passed away last Sunday :(

I missed last week's countdown, but I'm glad to be here for this week's. 45 weeks to go!

I'd like to add my SIL and BIL to our August 28th list. My DH's sister Tina and her husband Bill will be on the cruise with us. They have cabin #6032, just 4 doors down from us (we're in #6042).

Hope you all are doing well.

winnyis
10-17-2003, 09:16 PM
Seaspray - My condolences to you and your family on the passing of your mom... I lost my dad 19 years ago when I was only 20 years old so I can definately relate to how you must be feeling.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you....

Ginny

Mjasp
10-17-2003, 09:45 PM
Oh Sea Spray...I am so sorry to hear about your mother. My deepest sympathy's to you and your family. I was wondering where you were last week.

I will add your SIL and BIL to the "list".

May your happy memories of your mom get you through this time.

Joanna

SeaSpray
10-17-2003, 11:04 PM
Ginny and Joanna:

Thanks so much for your condolences. I do have many great memories of my mom to think about, one of which is of my very first time to Disney World, it was just her and I when I was 14 yrs old, and I've been looking through those old pictures this week :)

DARWIN91
10-18-2003, 10:22 AM
Seaspray - I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

sandygirl
10-18-2003, 01:21 PM
Seaspray - I was saddened to hear of the loss of your mom. I'm praying that the loving relationship you seem to have had with her will sustain you in that love as you miss her.

I look forward to meeting you and everyone else in 45 weeks.
Until then...blessings and good memories!

SeaSpray
10-18-2003, 02:15 PM
Darwin and Sandy:

Thanks so much, I appreciate you taking the time to express your condolences. I think I'm still in shock over the whole thing. My mother's death didn't come as a surprise, but it's still very hard :(

SeaSpray
10-20-2003, 08:33 AM
After being away from home and from my computer for almost 2 weeks, I'm finally catching up on things!

I just saw the DIS t-shirts and they actually don't look horrible. LOL I could possibly get DH to wear the gray one. On the last page of this thread someone had mentioned these t-shirts. What's the latest? I see that if you buy 2 shirts you also get a luggage tag and keychain for free. The gray t-shirts don't look too bad :goodvibes

sandygirl
10-20-2003, 09:01 AM
SEASPRAY - I know my DH would not wear the green DIS t-shirt. Not crazy about it myself. I was hoping for something a little more representative of our particular cruise. I had asked VERANDAHMAN (Andy) to help us work out a design. Wonder if he has had time. Maybe I can PM him.

Glad to see you back! Personally I'm home looking for things to do that don't require lifting or periods of standing. And sitting at the computer too long isn't allowed either. I had visions of sorting and organizing my home while I was recovering. The "no lifting anything more than a gallon of milk" restriction put a damper on that idea. Bummer.

I did get some photos in an album!

Take care.

tonia
10-20-2003, 02:52 PM
it's me it's me only

Seaspray, I am so sorry to hear about your mother. My prayers go out to you and your family. The loss of a loved one is never easy. always focus on the good things and that will help you when you are feeling low.

it is now 45 weeks and counting. i get moore excited when ever my son looks at the new disney catalog and he is so excited and he is still trying to find out how we are going to jump onto the boat from the ground. I think i will let him continue to figure that out until we get there.

I look forward to meeting everyone when we get there. for anyone who is staying at the radisson the night before. I will be there but i don't have my flight info yet. i am trying to wait until the beginning of the year.

can we add my mother to the list and my two sister.

I will now have my dh, dd(11), ds(6), 2 sisters (17 & 10) my list is growning.
princess:

talk to you next week.

lynr
10-20-2003, 05:21 PM
SeaSpray:

Sorry to hear you lost your mother. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Lyn

SeaSpray
10-25-2003, 01:08 AM
tonia and lynr: thank you so much for the condolences. We've been busy this past week with painting our family room, we're having new carpet installed on Monday, so at least that's been keeping me busy and not dwelling too much on the few weeks :worried:

Anyway.... the countdown to our cruise continues... 44 weeks to go!!!!! Our list of DIS cruisers seems to keep growing, that is great! :sunny:

In another week or so we'll be in the "200-something days to go" range!! :happy1: :cool2: :boat:

Have any of you bought your airfare yet?? I've been checking prices for Boston to Orlando and it's been holding steady at $215. per person, round trip, NON-stop. I will probably be buying our plane tickets within the next couple of weeks. Do any of you think the airfare will go much lower? I know that traditionally, anywhere in the $200 range is considered "good" for Boston to Orlando. I really don't mind paying $215, I just don't want to see it go up and have to pay more than that. Also, it'd be one less thing on my mind to do.

Another thing: Are any of you going to WDW or staying in the Orlando area after the cruise? My DH suggested that we stay a night in Orlando after the cruise, rather than "rush" back home on Saturday. It's Labor Day weekend, so he doesn't have to be back to work till Tuesday. We're considering staying at the Polynesian for Saturday night. Considering the fact that I've ruined my Polynesian t-shirt from painting in it this week, I think we should stay there so I can buy a new one :laughing:

Hope you all had a good week, and I hope we ALL have a great weekend!! :wave2:

winnyis
10-25-2003, 08:54 AM
Hello fellow 8/28 cruisers...

SeaSpray - we are also planning on hitting DisneyWorld either a few days before or after the cruise.. Depends on whether DH can get 2 weeks in a row vacation. My son hasnt been to DW since he was 2 and now that he is big enough to go on all the rides I think he would really enjoy it.

We are busy busy busy getting ready for our cruise on the Navigator of the Seas next weekend... Cant wait... I just hope that Disney hasnt tainted me for all other cruises...

I am gonna work on some button designs when I get back and then post the results of my attempts - we can all vote on them and then I can mass produce them for everyone.

Ginny

DARWIN91
10-25-2003, 09:05 AM
Winnyis- make sure you let us know how your RC cruise was. I am very interested in trying one of the mega ships.

SeaSpray
10-25-2003, 09:40 AM
Ginny:

Have a wonderful time on the Navigator!!! My niece and her husband have been on the Explorer this past week and she sent me an email the other day to say they are having a BLAST! :) Our cruise this past summer was aboard a Royal Caribbean ship, their smallest, the Nordic Empress, and we really had a great time, so I bet you'll love the Navigator. I know RCI and Disney offer 2 different cruise products, but I've heard from a lot of people who have really enjoyed RCI.

Darwin: When are you considering going on one of RCI's mega ships? So far we have a group of about 10 people going in summer 2005 on the Voyager. It's a 9 night cruise out of NYC. This is very convenient for us since we won't have to drive.

P.S. to everyone: My niece said in her email that they were docked right next to the Magic in one of the ports this past week, and she took some digital pics of it for me. I'll post them when she gets back and emails them to me :)

turtlekrawl
10-25-2003, 11:46 AM
SeaSpray,
Just catching up.... so sorry to hear about your Mom. Events such as these are never easy....

I've been keeping an eye on fares, $215 seems to be the going rate on Song. I wonder if Jet Blue will have an impact? But they only book six months out.

We're planning on staying at Old Key West for 1 or 2 nights before the cruise and flying home the day they have to drag us off the ship.

We're also planning a trip to OKW in late June into the first week of July, so I hope fares start to come down some.

Jim

Mjasp
10-25-2003, 02:35 PM
Ginny....Please do post a trip report on this thread about RCCL and how you LOVED it. LOL The Voyager out of NYC does sound like fun in 2005. What do you think, Darwin?

Talk to you all next week. Soon we will be under 300 days WOO HOO:Pinkbounc

Joanna

sandygirl
10-25-2003, 04:47 PM
I am excited!:hyper:

I'm thinking about excursions. The one I am sure I will do is the Tulum Ruins. We didn't do it last year because I decided DD might be too young to handle the terrain and sun. But next Aug she will be 7 and I think she will be able to handle it. ::yes::

Today I was daydreaming that I was sitting on the deck in a lounge chair, soaking up sun, and reading a good book. :cool:

See you all on deck in 44 weeks!!!:wave2:

Karel
10-25-2003, 05:00 PM
You can go ahead and add us on to the list. I'm so excited about cruising again but it's so far away that it is like a dream. I have to pinch myself to believe it. There are five of us and we have two Cat. 9's on deck 2. My kids will be son,13; son, 12 and daughter 10.

We cruised the East in 2001. I'm nervous about the weather - the heat! - but excited that it will be summer and we won't have to worry about school. :tongue: We usually go on vacation in November so this will be very different for us!

SeaSpray
10-25-2003, 06:19 PM
SeaSpray,
Just catching up.... so sorry to hear about your Mom. Events such as these are never easy....

I've been keeping an eye on fares, $215 seems to be the going rate on Song. I wonder if Jet Blue will have an impact? But they only book six months out.

We're planning on staying at Old Key West for 1 or 2 nights before the cruise and flying home the day they have to drag us off the ship.

We're also planning a trip to OKW in late June into the first week of July, so I hope fares start to come down some.

Jim

Thanks, Jim.

I was thinking about Jet Blue, too, but I'm uneasy about waiting until 6 months out to book the airfare. Also, I've read some good things about Song, now that they've gotten the "bugs" worked out. We'll probably end up booking with Song, and hopefully won't pay any more than $215.

SeaSpray
10-25-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by sandygirl
I am excited!:hyper:

I'm thinking about excursions. The one I am sure I will do is the Tulum Ruins. We didn't do it last year because I decided DD might be too young to handle the terrain and sun. But next Aug she will be 7 and I think she will be able to handle it. ::yes::

Today I was daydreaming that I was sitting on the deck in a lounge chair, soaking up sun, and reading a good book. :cool:

See you all on deck in 44 weeks!!!:wave2:

Tulum is the one excursion that we're definitely planning on, too! I know it'll be hot, but supposedly the bus to the ruins has A/C, and then there's the beach right there at the ruins which looks beautiful in the pictures I've seen. :)

SeaSpray
10-25-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Karel
You can go ahead and add us on to the list. I'm so excited about cruising again but it's so far away that it is like a dream. I have to pinch myself to believe it. There are five of us and we have two Cat. 9's on deck 2. My kids will be son,13; son, 12 and daughter 10.

We cruised the East in 2001. I'm nervous about the weather - the heat! - but excited that it will be summer and we won't have to worry about school. :tongue: We usually go on vacation in November so this will be very different for us!

Karel:

Welcome to the August 28th thread! :) My DSs will be 16 and 13 next summer when we cruise, and I'm sure our 13 yr old DSs will see each other in the teen lounge and for the activities. Are you flying down the day before the cruise? We are, and will be staying at the Radisson near the port. We're planning a little gathering there the night before so we can meet before the cruise. I believe there are a few of us who will be staying there on Friday night.

Karel
10-25-2003, 06:55 PM
We usually drive down and will also be staying at the Radisson on Friday. I like getting there a day ahead of time; it worked out great last time and it's so convienent. Last time it was pouring rain and we didn't see much of Port Canaveral.

I'm looking at excursions too. My family thinks I'm insane because it's still nine months away so I have stopped bugging them with questions. I'm looking at Chankabaub for Cozemel and maybe 7 mile beach for Grand Cayman. I wanted to go to the Turtle farm but then I read a depressing report from a conservationist about how the turtles spend their whole life in a concrete tank, and they can smell the ocean, and how it's a business and not an enviromental thing so now I'm depressed about the whole thing too. I was also excited about the dolphins but have also read things about the way they are treated and captivity and things and now I'm not quite sure.

tonia
10-25-2003, 08:43 PM
hey hey hey another week is gone. Ginny I hope you have an awesome trip.

I am also going to buy my airfare in the next couple of weeks. I am set up with travelocity and they send me e-mails when airfare goes down.

everyone have a great week. I am house remodeling and it is no fun but it will be well worth it.

until next week.

princess:

SeaSpray
10-25-2003, 09:41 PM
tonia:

I feel your pain... I am sitting here right now splattered with "bleached almond" paint all over myself, relaxing a bit till I get up the energy to take a shower. :hyper:

sandygirl
10-25-2003, 10:11 PM
A BIG WELCOME TO KAREL AND FAMILY. Looking forward to meeting you. Glad you will be onboard.

SEASPRAY - I'm so glad that you are considering the Tulum excursion. Will be nice to share it with some other Disers. I haven't booked flights yet. Anything under 200 is pretty good but I am holding out for something better at this point. I'm planning on flying in on Friday night but don't know where we will be staying.

EVERYONE ELSE - have a wonderful week!

turtlekrawl
10-25-2003, 11:03 PM
sandygirl & SeaSpray,

We are also thinking of doing the ruins....we'll also have a seven year old and are undecided about leaving him on the ship.

It might be a once in a lifetime thing, for us, but I'm concerned that he might not last through it.

Do you think it's better to do it through Disney or on our own?

Jim

SeaSpray
10-25-2003, 11:13 PM
sandygirl & SeaSpray,

We are also thinking of doing the ruins....we'll also have a seven year old and are undecided about leaving him on the ship.

It might be a once in a lifetime thing, for us, but I'm concerned that he might not last through it.

Do you think it's better to do it through Disney or on our own?

Jim

Our DSs will be 16 and 13 when we cruise next summer. If they were much younger, unless they had a real desire to see the ruins, I would probably leave them on the ship. But that's just my own opinion. Why don't you show your son some pictures of the Tulum ruins and see if he's at all interested? Here's a web site with several great pictures of the ruins at Tulum:

http://externe.net/photos/ll2-mexico-tulum-mayan-ruins/aligned_with_the_stars

It is a long day. It's approximately an hour on a fast ferry from our ship over to the mainland, then another hour on a bus just to get to the ruin site. Then 2 hours or so at the ruins where there's also a small beach. Then another 2 hours to get back to the ship. I think if he's very interested and you think he'd tolerate the long time spent on getting there and back, then by all means take him along :)

I definitely recommend booking this excursion through Disney simply because it's such a long distance from the ship and if you book it on your own, and for some reason you don't make it back to the ship before it leaves port, they will not hold the ship for you. However, if you're on an excursion booked through the cruise line, they WILL hold the ship till the passengers are all back. Also, I've read many GREAT reviews from people who've done this excursion through Disney and they all highly recommend it.

Mjasp
10-26-2003, 12:43 AM
WELCOME KAREL AND FAMILY!!!!!!!!!

Airfare is still way way to early for me to book. I fly Southwest, so I won't be booking for a loooong time yet. I usually pay $140 or $150 round trip, but with Southwest they won't be putting August out for sale till next year.

The ruins sound to hot and long for me. So its Mr. Sanchos and shopping for me.

I really want to do the tour of Grand Cayman, but I'll decide as it gets closer.

Talk to you all next week.

Joanna

tonia
10-26-2003, 06:39 PM
did i hear shopping. that sounds good to me. the ruins sound great but it will be to much for my ds(6).

welcome Karel and family I also have a dd (11)

my family and i will be down the night before and we will be at the radisson.

everyone have a great week.

sandygirl
10-26-2003, 07:55 PM
if you sit and watch your countdown, you can watch the seconds and minutes melting away? OK, so I'm a little weird tonight!

Visiting the Tulum Ruins is the reason I sailed the Western in Jan 2003. But we decided not to go then. I will not miss it this time if at all possible. If we go, DD will go with us. It is just too far and too long for us to leave her back on the ship. Just a personal opinion. She's used to a variety of settings and experiences. I figure if she has a hat for shade, sunscreen and plenty of water she should be able to hold up. And then there is the beach time, which she will love.

I agree with Seaspray on booking with Disney for the Tulum tour. Too many miles and too much time involved, anything could happen to delay your return to the ship. I feel more comfortable knowing that they are responsible for getting me back on time or waiting for me. IMHO

We didn't tender at Grand Cayman last time because of bad weather. Any suggestions on something nice to do there?

ThreeCircles
10-30-2003, 07:47 PM
Hello everyone!

Travis and I just paid our deposit for the August 28th Western Magic Cruise! We're so excited about doing Back-to-Backs! Can't wait!

Jason

lynr
10-30-2003, 08:07 PM
Jason & Travis:

Glad to see you are joining us.

I can't wait until I can on back to back cruises. Finances won't allow it now, but someday!

Lyn

sandygirl
10-30-2003, 08:22 PM
Glad to hear you are joining us. Back-to-Backs. WOW! Are we your first or second leg of the trip? I will live vicariously through you for now, OK.

Mjasp
10-30-2003, 09:23 PM
WELCOME Jason and Travis. Can we hide under your bed for the second leg of your trip.

Are you also going in May?

One day I'll be a Florida resident and do back to backs. When the kids are grown and its only DH and myself.

Welcome aboard and if you do newsletters, let us know.

Joanna

ThreeCircles
10-30-2003, 09:37 PM
Lynr--

Glad to see that we'll be sailing together again too! It seems that a large number of the cruisers from our August 16th voyage are sailing on the August 21, 2004 sailing. I guess they'll envy us as they get off the ship and we get on! ::yes::

Sandygirl--

The August 28th sailing will be the first leg of our back-to-back cruise. We figure we'll need the three days at sea on the Eastern to recover from the Western! :teeth:

Mjasp--

Yes, we'll also be sailing on an Eastern in May. Kind of a graduation present to myself! We've booked all three cruises under the regular early booking rates. Hopefully, as the dates get closer, we'll be able to secure the Florida Resident Rates. We're keeping our fingers crossed!

Mjasp
10-30-2003, 10:01 PM
I was very surprised to see that on DCL's website under specials they have "our" cruise listed for $899 per person. Not that cheap though, I guess thats for a cat. 12. When I checked our cabin category price it has gone up a few hundred dollars. SO where am I going with this LOL. Since its a sailing that is on their "specials" list I would assume the 8/28 sailing will get the Fl. resident rate in the future.

Joanna

Mjasp
10-31-2003, 11:54 AM
Jason and Travis...Just saw a thread that some 2004 Florida rates came out today. Don't know if its for your cruises or not but worth it to Give DCL a call.

Joanna

SeaSpray
11-01-2003, 12:05 AM
Hi everyone!!! :wave2:

43 weeks to go! In another day or two we'll be in the "200-something days" mark :teeth:

Welcome to all the new August 28th cruisers!!! :boat:

I'm especially psyched right now because I just booked our airfare for the cruise, so it makes it seem more "official" to me. :goodvibes

We also made the decision to not fly home on debarkation day. We're going to stay at a WDW resort and fly home later in the afternoon on Sunday. So far we're leaning towards the Polynesian, but my DH also mentioned the Yacht Club and Wilderness Lodge. But we have plenty of time to decide on that.

We're happy that we finally completed the remodel of our family room this past week. We have relatives visiting from out of state for thanksgiving weekend, so we're now going to paint our livingroom and buy new livingroom furniture. It's pretty bare in there right now because we moved the furniture into the family room. We're also going to be putting in a new kitchen floor and new bathroom floor and fixtures. My DH is very handy, so we do all of the work ourselves, and it can be exhausting at times, but it's always well worth it in the end.

That's all from here! I hope you all are doing well, and hope you all had a good week. :sunny:

ThreeCircles
11-01-2003, 07:14 AM
Jason and Travis...Just saw a thread that some 2004 Florida rates came out today. Don't know if its for your cruises or not but worth it to Give DCL a call.

Joanna

Thanks for the heads-up, Joanna!

We'll have to call and check out the new rates sometime this weekend.

sandygirl
11-01-2003, 11:52 AM
Countdown!

I also booked our flights this past week. We are flying in the night before and since it is a holiday weekend I decided not to fly home until Mon (Labor Day). My DH is down to 1 weeks vacation a year from previously having 8 weeks. So I am taking full advantage of the long weekend tacked on to the end of our cruise! I'm not sure where we will stay but it will be in the World somewhere. We are DVC members at home at VWL. I love it there but am interested to see some of the other resorts. Is it the Yact Club that has the Stormalong Bay Pool? That sounds so cool.

Have a great week, fellow cruisers! Seaspray - do you rent your husband out? ;)

Mjasp
11-01-2003, 01:43 PM
Good Afternoon all...Down to 43 weeks. And for those staying pre-night and coming in on the 27th we are under 300 days :Pinkbounc

Talk to you all next week

Joanna

SeaSpray
11-01-2003, 02:32 PM
Travis & Jason: I don't think I personally "welcomed" you to the thread! Nice to know you two veteran Disney cruisers will be on board with us :) It must be great to know you're doing a back-to-back cruise! :sunny:

Sandy: Yes, the Yacht Club and Beach Club share Stormalong Bay. And it's right across from the Boardwalk which might be a fun place to check out. We've never stayed at an Epcot resort before. And, I would love to rent my husband out to you, but unfortunately it may be a while before he's available since we've got so much to do around here. LOL :faint:

sandygirl
11-01-2003, 08:41 PM
Thanks Seaspray. I just told my DH that we needed to paint our bathroom and bedroom. He said the other bathroom could use some paint, too. Easy for him to say...I do all the painting around here! LOL

Under 300 days! Don't want to rush my life but, will it ever get here? 299...298...297...296...:boat: :wave2:

ThreeCircles
11-02-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by SeaSpray
Travis & Jason: I don't think I personally "welcomed" you to the thread! Nice to know you two veteran Disney cruisers will be on board with us :) It must be great to know you're doing a back-to-back cruise!

Thanks for the welcome SeaSpray! We're looking forward to sailing with the group! It's always a lot of fun to have an active group of Dis Members on the cruise with you! And, as for the three cruises we have booked, I would say that the August 28th group is by far the most active at this point!

Jason

Mjasp
11-03-2003, 09:20 AM
Under 300 days now for everyone....Including those who are not staying pre night.:Pinkbounc

Joanna

SeaSpray
11-03-2003, 11:25 AM
Under 300 days now for everyone....Including those who are not staying pre night.:Pinkbounc

Joanna

WOO HOO!! :hyper: :goodvibes :boat: :cool2:

299 days till the cruise, and 298 days till we fly down the day before!! :sunny:

ThreeCircles
11-05-2003, 08:16 AM
Hello all--

Travis and I were talking about the 10/11 Magic Cruisers and how much fun they seemed to have with the Key West scavenger hunt. I was wondering if anyone (or everyone :) ) would be interested in doing this as a group? I believe the cost runs about $25 per person if you book in advance and the hunt usually lasts around 3 hours or so.

Their website says that you'll visit some of the most popular attractions throughout Key West. <a href="http://www.keywesthunt.com">Here is the site.</a>

Anyone interested? Could prove to be a great deal of fun if we get lots of Dis people involved! :teeth:

Mjasp
11-05-2003, 08:45 PM
Will check it out and run it by DH and DD's.

I did read about it on the 10/11 thread and it does sound like they had fun.

Joanna

ThreeCircles
11-07-2003, 09:07 AM
Sounds good! How about everyone else? Up for a little friendly competition as we run around Key West? :)

SeaSpray
11-07-2003, 09:16 AM
Hi everyone!

Since our Disney vacation starts the day before the cruise, I decided to post a countdown today. 42 weeks (294 days!) from this morning we'll be boarding the plane to Orlando for our night at the Radisson, a week aboard the Magic, then a night at a Disney resort!! :sunny: Currently we're considering either the Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, or Animal Kingdom Lodge for our one night.

Three Circles: The Scavenger Hunt does sound like a lot of fun! I'll see how DH and DSIL and DBIL feel about it. I don't think DSs would be interested in it. Since it's a 3 hour event, I hope some of the places it leads to will be air-conditioned :sunny:

ThreeCircles
11-07-2003, 09:43 AM
SeaSpray--

Glad to see that you might want to join us! I'll have to read more info on the hunt. The information on the site is somewhat limited but if I call the company that runs the program they will probably mail some more info out.

Since we've been to Key West twice already we wanted to try something new and different next year. I think this should fit the bill!

And I'll second your idea for air-conditioned spots on the hunt. Running around Key West for three hours in August sounds, um, hot.

Mjasp
11-07-2003, 09:45 AM
Sea Spray...Yes, our cruise vacation also starts on the 27th. So it is 42 weeks for us also.

The scavenger hunt does sound like alot of fun, still haven't passed it by the rest of the family. You know, work, after school activities, PTA meetings etc etc.

I love my Fridays off.

Talk to you all later

Joanna

ThreeCircles
11-07-2003, 12:24 PM
I love my Fridays off.

Joanna--

Color me very jealous!

xABearx
11-07-2003, 07:41 PM
42 weeks and counting....it seems like the weeks are really creeping, but, we will get there....hope everyone has a great weekend.....Andy

ThreeCircles
11-08-2003, 03:45 PM
xABearx--

What are your plans for Key West day? Would you consider joining a Dis Scavenger Hunt?

More info can be found <a href="http://www.keywesthunt.com/">here</a>.

ThreeCircles
11-08-2003, 04:32 PM
Hello everyone!

I called the <a href="http://www.keywesthunt.com/index.htm"> Southernmost Scavenger Hunt Company</a> down in Key West and talked to them a little bit about what they offer, booking information, etc.

The individual I spoke with was very nice and he said that they have had lots of guests from the Disney Magic of late. In fact, he said that they actually have a scavenger hunt planned for a group of Magic cruisers tomorrow!

He also mentioned that they can set up exclusive scavenger hunts just for specific groups of people if that is a route we want to go. Depending on the interest that we get, we may want to consider this. It would be cool to have an exclusive group of Dis'ers participating! They also said that exclusive hunts can be set up with more input from the participants. So, if we wanted out hunt to occur at a specific time they could arrange it. They even meet you right at the ship!

At any rate, he is going to send me additional information via e-mail and he said that we could contact him at any time if we had more questions. He also said that groups usually book three months out or so.

Just wanted to give you all the info. I hope it catches on as it seems like it would be a cool way to spend part of the day!

Mary Anne
11-08-2003, 07:43 PM
We are DVC and very seriously considering doing this cruise on points. This will be our second Disney cruise. Based on this thread, I am very seriously considering staying at the Radisson the night before. I checked their web site and noticed they had a price of $115 for a suite? Is this considered a good price or should I check further? If I book at the 115 rate and it comes down, will I get the cheaper rate?

Hope it's OK to ask the question on this thread. I'm still in the gathering information stage.

Mjasp
11-08-2003, 07:57 PM
Hi Mary Anne...Welcome to the thread and hopefully to the 8/28 cruise. I think I have seen people get the suite for $99. We got our room for $59 in 2002 for our crusie but it was a regular room. I haven't booked the Radisson yet as it seems early yet.

I would think that it is refundable, just book at the new price and after just call back and cancel the old price.

Do you have kids that will be sailing?

Hope to talk to you soon

Joanna

Jason...Still haven't seriously mentioned the scavenger hunt, will look at the website and check it out.

sandygirl
11-08-2003, 08:00 PM
I have been following Three Circle's suggestion for a scavenger hunt in Key West. I have to admit that it sounds like fun. The website doesn't give much info, so I am glad Three Circles took the initiative to call. Thanks! I'd like to know some more particulars, like: what kinds of things do you look for, how big of an area do you cover, and how do you document your finds. I did a photo scavenger hunt once with a youth group and it was a blast. Also, will it be kid friendly? I'm interested. Tell me more.

Mary Anne
11-08-2003, 08:08 PM
yes, I have two boys they will be 16 and 13 when we cruise. They have cruised many times. The youngest was 2 years 9 months the first time we took him. He somehow lost a shoe on that cruise and we called him Cinderfella LOL

We did the 7 day cruise in 2000 - we were on the 3rd 7 day cruise that went out. There were a lot of small bumps in that one that I see have been ironed out over the past couple of years.

Hopefully, we'll have our plans set by the end of this week. DH has to pick vacation times.

Mjasp
11-08-2003, 08:27 PM
This cruise is such a great price, because the most of the country is back in school and we don't go back till after Labor Day.

Mary Anne
11-08-2003, 08:35 PM
Us too! My oldest will start the Thursday after and youngest either the Wed or Thursday depending what High School he ends up going too. I'm 99% sure we are going to cruise on DVC points so it's just a $95 fee to exchange. I know it's not the best use of points, but we specifically bought the points so that we COULD use them to cruise with very little out of pocket expense.

I'm really getting excited. Spent most of the day checking out what's new on the Disney cruise. My laundry is still sitting waiting to be folded.

xABearx
11-08-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Mary Anne
I'm 99% sure we are going to cruise on DVC points so it's just a $95 fee to exchange.

Actually the fee is only $75.....I believe the $95 fee applies to the Adventurer and Concierge Collection.....Andy

ThreeCircles
11-08-2003, 09:10 PM
Marry Ann--

So glad to see that you may be sailing on the August 28th cruise! It's so great to sail with a large group of Dis'ers!

Sandygirl--

I received an e-mail from the Key West Scavenger Hunt but it really doesn't elaborate too much on what the hunt entails. It does say that you'll visit many of the most popular Key West spots over the three hours. It also states that you get a scavenger hunt map and coupons good for many of the locations you'll visit during the hunt.

The e-mail stated that for groups of 10 or more the hunt can be customized. I think our best source of information may be the group of cruisers that set up a hunt on the first cruise after dry-dcok. Perhaps I'll hunt them up and talk with them.

Everyone--

I was debating wether or not to start a site for the August 28th cruise. Since Mjasp has done such a great job of maintaining the list on this thread, I just don't know if there is a need or not. (BTW, thanks Mjasp!)

If you would like to see the site for the other cruises, you can check them out at <a href="http://**********************">*****************</a>.

Talk to you all soon!

Jason

Mary Anne
11-08-2003, 09:22 PM
Thanks you're right I just checked the guidebook. It's only $75. Hey the price is getting better all the time. :D

xABearx
11-08-2003, 09:33 PM
As to where to stay, we always drive down on either Wednesday or Thursday and stay at one of the resorts then drive to the port on Saturday.....it takes only about 45 minutes to an hour to get there on the Bee Line.....it's a toll road which cost, I believe, is less than $3 total.....this saves you a little $$$ on a hotel that you can use to spend on the ship......Andy

Mary Anne
11-08-2003, 09:40 PM
Driving is out for us; we have to fly. I'm thinking a one bedroom at OKWest for Sun to Thursday nights - only 100 points and our annual passes run out on 8/26- checking out Friday morning - to save on the Friday night points and they taking out time to go to the Radisson; relaxing that day and then checking in onboard the ship as soon as we can Saturday.

At this point I've got us down for 100 points for OKWest and about 470 if we get an inside delux room (we're not big on veranda's or portholes). I've got almost enough points to cover it, have to borrow a few, and we'll still have enough left over for the next year if we want a week or so the end of August into Sept at one of the Disney DVC hotels.

If we rented a car to get us to the port, which company should we pick for easy drop off there?

Mjasp
11-08-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by ************

Everyone--

I was debating whether or not to start a site for the August 28th cruise. Since Mjasp has done such a great job of maintaining the list on this thread, I just don't know if there is a need or not. (BTW, thanks Mjasp!)

If you would like to see the site for the other cruises, you can check them out at <a href="http://**********************">*****************</a>.

Talk to you all soon!

Jason...Please feel free to start a list for the 8/28 cruise. I will continue to add on page 1 for others who find us and book the 8/28 cruise, so they can see who is cruising at a glance.

Joanna

Jason [/B]

winnyis
11-09-2003, 08:06 PM
All in all it was a great cruise.. labadee was the only real disappointment... they certainly didnt pay as much attention to detail as disney did in designing their private island.... I posted a review on the main DCL forum pages if anyone is interested.

Three Circles.. I would also be interested in the scavenger hunt but I agree we need to include something air conditioned..we were on the western magic last august and key west was brutally hot...

I'll get working on those button designs as soon as the mountain and I do mean mountain of laundry is done.

Ginny

Mary Anne
11-10-2003, 08:04 PM
First off, I want to thank everyone for answering my questions yesterday. I know I posted a few of them while I was in a gathering information mode.

We BOOKED today for the 8/28/2004 cruise using DVC points.

You can officially add me, my DH and two boys 16 and 13 to the countdown list.

This is our 2nd Disney Cruise - 4th cruise overall for both boys
7th cruise for DH and 9th for me.

Looking forward to spending some time on the cruise board and this thread in the coming months!

xABearx
11-10-2003, 08:12 PM
You're welcome.....if you have any more questions, feel free to ask......glad to have you aboard.....Andy