Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

winnyis
05-12-2004, 06:37 PM
Im almost all done:

Have pre and post cruise car reservations
Pre and Post cruise hotel ressies
Dinner ressie at Tchoup Tchoup
Disney, Seaworld and Universal passes

just need to by travel insurance and make my PS reservations at the 90 day mark and then pick my seats on the flights

Ginny

Mary Anne
05-12-2004, 06:55 PM
I'm pretty much done too.

I've got my air down and back
my car for the time we're in Flordia
my DVC reservations for the week before
my Radisson reservation
our cruise is paid for via DVC points so there is no bill coming
we're not doing any excersions so i don't have to deal with that
the only thing really left up in the air is the transportation from the port back to the airport. We've pretty much decided to use Disney transfers, even though it's a few more $$$, it's worth it to us to be 100% stress free; just off the plane, into the bus, and @ the airport.

ThreeCircles
05-12-2004, 08:14 PM
I think we're all set too! Although, we really don't have much to arrange besides the whole packing thing. And if you know me at all we all know where that's headed...

:eek:

Karel--

If you'll just send me an e-mail with any information you would like to include on the site (including your Dis name somewhere in the e-mail) I'll make sure it gets posted!

Reenieny18
05-12-2004, 09:37 PM
Were getting closer to single digits in the countdown. My sister calls me about 5 times a day to find out if I've heard anymore tidbits about the cruise.
Anyone else on deck 6??? I have heard about deck 2 and 7 guests....
but no one on Deck 6. My sosn is so happy to be over Oceaneers LAB...

Thanks
Reenie

ThreeCircles
05-12-2004, 10:27 PM
Reenie--

You should tell your sister about the Dis boards and have her join us on the Disney Magic August 28th Cruise thread! ::yes::

We were on deck 6, midship, port side last week. It was a nice spot actually. For the Back-to-Backs we'll be on deck 7, our usual.

Karel
05-12-2004, 10:36 PM
Well, it looks like school is starting the day after Labor Day for all our children's schools, so we will be headed home that Saturday.

Boo - Hoo !:(

Still trying to decide what to do before hand. Maybe we'll stop in Charleston or Savannah. Always wanted to go there.

Hoping Disney comes out with a room only code.

We probably will not do any formal excursions.

I'm cleaning off the spare bed so I can start packing. Might as well start organizing the dressy stuff and the odds and ends.

winnyis
05-12-2004, 10:37 PM
Karel - we just got our school calendar for next year and my kids also start on the 7th. Were not coming home til the 6th so I better get my stuff all together before we leave. I was a bit surprised this current year we started the thursday after labor day.

Where in south jersey do you live. Im in Burlington Township.

Ginny

Karel
05-12-2004, 10:46 PM
I live in Gloucester County near Deptford and Woodbury. I think because Labor Day is so late this year, the schools are starting early. We also started Thursday this year, which was odd, because my entire life school has always started the Wednesday after Labor Day.

Both of our schools - elementary and our middle school - are starting big construction projects. I won't be surprised if we don't start on time. I also work as an aide at the elementary school so I'm hoping they are not expecting me in before Labor Day!

paulinewdw
05-13-2004, 06:12 AM
I have the cruise book, ressises for the week before, airfare. Still have alot of loose ends, need a car for the week prior to the cruise(so far have not found a good deal!) We also need a car and hotel for the night the cruise gets in. I need to go get Birth Certificates for all Five of us, and I still need to get Park passes
for the week prior. I am sure it will all come together...I guess the real important pieces are in place.

SeaSpray
05-13-2004, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Reenieny18
Were getting closer to single digits in the countdown. My sister calls me about 5 times a day to find out if I've heard anymore tidbits about the cruise.
Anyone else on deck 6??? I have heard about deck 2 and 7 guests....
but no one on Deck 6. My sosn is so happy to be over Oceaneers LAB...

Thanks
Reenie

We're on deck 6! Cabin # 6042, and my SIL & BIL are in cabin # 6032. :)

Reenieny18
05-14-2004, 12:19 PM
Seaspray has it all under control. We have our excursions ready to book and what the day of shopping in Cozumel might be like.SANFORD AIRPORT
Daughter is holding off on any TEEN excursions until she sees who is on board.

The weather in Central NY has been great this week.. Makes AUGUST seem around the corner.
We have plane fair to the Wednesday before we sail. Hubbie and I will go to DAYTONA Race Track for the day while the kids and my sister do MGM.

oh and we are on DECk 6 right across from you. With two rooms we opted for inside cabins.... to have spending money(esp with a teenage GIRL).

We will leave early Saturday morning for the terminal..
YEEAHHAA:Pinkbounc < so excited.

Reenie

SeaSpray
05-14-2004, 04:11 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem like time is really flying now?? LOL Believe me, I hope the entire summer doesn't fly by....but we booked at 50+ weeks, and I can't believe we're at 15 weeks now :hyper:

Mjasp
05-14-2004, 04:26 PM
Hi Terri...I've been waiting for you today, I was to lazy to scroll back to see how many weeks were remaining. Can't believe we are at 15 weeks. I agree, I want the summer to go by s-l-o-w.

At least we have something to look forward to at the end of the summer.

I am set to go now, all things that have to be reserved are. Just waiting to pay in full and see if any verandah's will be available, and for how much. As of the other day there were no available verandahs. All booked.

Talk to you all in about 4 days if not sooner, when we get to double digits

Joanna

ThreeCircles
05-14-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by SeaSpray
Is it just me, or does it seem like time is really flying now?? LOL Believe me, I hope the entire summer doesn't fly by....but we booked at 50+ weeks, and I can't believe we're at 15 weeks now :hyper:

:bounce: WOW! 15 weeks?! :Pinkbounc That's doesn't sound so bad at all!

We didn't actually book this cruise until Oct. 30 so the wait hasn't been quite as bad for us. Although, DCL is worth the wait.

I think Travis and I are still suffering from PDCD (Post Disney Cruise Depression) and may head to Disney this weekend for something to do. It may help our symptoms somewhat. :)

Mary Anne
05-14-2004, 07:33 PM
Wow, 15 weeks, time realy is flying. It'll be here before we know it. I better start my lists!

ThreeCircles
05-14-2004, 07:47 PM
Mary Ann--

Don't forget that we have a Disney Magic August 28th Cruise List on <a href="http://**********************">*****************</a> if you want to send in your groups info. You can send in pictures too!

The invitation is for anyone else who hasn't sent in their info as well!

Jason

sandygirl
05-18-2004, 10:33 AM
Wanted to say hi and take a look at the counter.

I've gotten a little sidetracked with the repo cruise in 8/05. DD has already started to correspond with other girls booked on that cruise.

Any girls around 7 yrs old on this cruise want to penpal for the summer before the cruise?

Have a great week!

Decided to edit and add "boys" to that invitation. Or "grandmas" for that matter. Why limit?

ThreeCircles
05-18-2004, 06:02 PM
Hello Sandygirl!

I'm trying to stay focused on the August and September cruises as well. While the "Bringing the Magic HOME" cruise is exciting and all it's still over a year away. Plenty of time to think about it after the Back-to-Back cruises! ::yes::

We've started to think about excursions for the August cruise and may finally try the Tulum ruins. We've really considered it on our past Western cruises but always decided to skip it because of the length.

Key West is slated for the Scavenger Hunt. Hopefully as the cruise gets closer more Disers will join us.

Grand Cayman is up in the air!

Mjasp
05-18-2004, 06:24 PM
Tomorrow we will be in double digits:Pinkbounc

I will be back tomorrow to post again.

I will also be back Thursday to post for those who aren't spending pre night anywhere.

Joanna

ThreeCircles
05-18-2004, 10:49 PM
I guess we won't be doing the double digit dance until Thursday! :(

Oh well, more time to decide what excursions we want to do! :D

Anyone thinking of Captain Marvin's trip to swim with the stingrays? We did this one last August and it was a blast. May consider doing it again it was so much fun.

Mjasp
05-18-2004, 10:57 PM
OOOPS I fixed it, I wrote Wednesday by mistake LOL

Will be back Thursday for those not staying pre night.

ThreeCircles
05-18-2004, 10:59 PM
Thanks Joanna!
:D

sandygirl
05-19-2004, 02:04 PM
We've started to think about excursions for the August cruise and may finally try the Tulum ruins. We've really considered it on our past Western cruises but always decided to skip it because of the length.

Jason
The reason I booked the Western last year was because I wanted to go to Tulum. Decided against it because I thought it would be too much for DD. I keep bouncing back and forth on it this year. I will probably just go ahead and book the excursion or be sorry later.
Not sure what else we are doing.

markºoº
05-19-2004, 02:46 PM
I'm pretty sure we will do Sting Ray City and am considering Captain Marvin's for the short trip in the afternoon.

I'm thinking of doing the Atlantis Deep Explorer with DS12 first thing in the morning so we would have to do Sting Ray City in the afternoon.

Mjasp
05-19-2004, 08:47 PM
OK Everyone who is staying pre night on 8/27, start doing the......

DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

MoranClan
05-19-2004, 09:52 PM
Hey Gang..

Everything is booked and paid for:jumping1:

Radisson is our choice for the Night before..

Looks like we are leaving NY on Thursday the 26th..May stay for 2 nights at the radisson..Not sure..

:thewave: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :jumping2: :jumping3: :jumping4:

There is my double digit dance..

We decided to take the jeep tour in Cozumel, Because I own one and Love Jeeps..

The Morans..Cabin 8586

Bobby, Cindy, Katie, Jessie, and Bobby Jr.
:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

SeaSpray
05-20-2004, 07:06 AM
WOW!! I never thought this day would get here!!!! I can't believe it; 99 days to go!!! :thewave: :rockband: :earboy2: :jumping1: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

Mjasp
05-20-2004, 05:42 PM
DRUM ROLL PLEASE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And for the folks not staying prenight and arriving on 8/28/04 It Is time for your............

DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Mary Anne
05-20-2004, 08:23 PM
We are actually arriving the Sunday before, but I put the date of sale into my count down! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Reenieny18
05-21-2004, 06:49 AM
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
WHAOO ,,, MAY is almost over and then June, July and PARADISE.
Is any one else this excited?
We will be in WDW for the week before CRUISE. Don't want any possible airline delays.
Has anyone ever flown into SANFORD? Its the only airport that could get us out that night the cruise ends.. and not get home at 12-midnight?
Loooking forward to lots of fun and sunshine. Today is hubbies b'day:cake:.. and we celebrate mine on the ship.

:thewave: :thewave: :thewave:

Reenie

SeaSpray
05-21-2004, 01:11 PM
14 weeks to go :sunny: :boat: :fish:

sandygirl
05-21-2004, 01:27 PM
:Pinkbounc
14 weeks!
:Pinkbounc
Can't stop jumping...:Pinkbounc

Mjasp
05-21-2004, 01:47 PM
14 weeks:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

When I saw the weeks I was very surprised. I thought it was 15.

Thanks Terry, You made my day:bounce:

Joanna

ThreeCircles
05-21-2004, 07:11 PM
:bounce: Did someone say "Double Digits!" :Pinkbounc

Mary Anne
05-22-2004, 08:39 AM
Has anyone ever flown into SANFORD? Its the only airport that could get us out that night the cruise ends.. and not get home at 12-midnight?

I've used that airport a numbe of times. No problems at all, it's very small and drop the car off, walk across the street and check in in less then 10 minutes. It's great, i wouldn't worry about it at all.

Only thing there is not many places to get anything to eat there so if you're going to be there awhile and not get any food on the plane, I'd pick something up before hand.

Oh wait, you'll have eaten for 7 days straight non stop, I doubt you'll be hungry anyway :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

admepo
05-23-2004, 10:04 AM
Hi everyone! My name is Melanie. I am new to the boards and just wanted to add that my husband, Adam and I will also be sailing on the 8/28/04 Western cruise for our 7 year wedding anniversary. It is our first cruise (we are even getting away without our three children!) and we are EXTREMELY excited!!!! My husband has countdown clocks on everything we own including his computers at work!!! Just wanted to say hello :wave: and I CAN'T WAIT TO GO!!!! :Pinkbounc

Mary Anne
05-23-2004, 10:45 AM
Glad to see you made it over here Melanie! Welcome to our little thread.

ThreeCircles
05-23-2004, 11:20 AM
Hello Melanie and family!

Glad to see that you'll be joining us on the August 28th Cruise! And congrats on celebrating seven years as well! :D

We have a site for the Disney Magic August 28th Cruise if you want to check it out and possibly send in your groups info. You can find it at <a href="http://**********************">*****************</a>.

Again, welcome aboard!

Jason

Mjasp
05-23-2004, 11:55 AM
Hi Melanie and Adam...Welcome to the 8/28/04 Western Cruise Thread.

Glad to have you aboard, I will put you on page one of this thread, also stop by **********************

See you in 15 weeks:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

sandygirl
05-23-2004, 12:37 PM
WELCOME MELANIE AND ADAM!

See you onboard.

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

ThreeCircles
05-23-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by sandygirl
Jason
The reason I booked the Western last year was because I wanted to go to Tulum. Decided against it because I thought it would be too much for DD. I keep bouncing back and forth on it this year. I will probably just go ahead and book the excursion or be sorry later.
Not sure what else we are doing.

Hello Sandygirl et al.!

Although I'm sure you've seen this thread, I wanted to post it here to make sure that anyone considering the Tulum Ruins excursion sees it. I think the posters have sold me on the idea and I think Travis and I will most certainly be trying this excursion come August!

<a href="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=574280">Tulum Ruins Thread.</a>

SeaSpray
05-23-2004, 02:53 PM
Hi Melanie, welcome to the August 28th cruisers thread! :wave2:

Jason and everyone: Tulum is the one excursion that we've been saying all along that we will definitely do. It is a long day, but DH and I feel that it'll be worth it, because who knows when we'll be back in Mexico again with DSs.

winnyis
05-23-2004, 06:57 PM
On Friday, May 14th I got the horrible phone call that my brothers plane (he was a pilot) had crashed right outside BWI and he had passed away. I have spent the last 9 days crying and trying to make sense of why God would take a 34 year old guy who was one of the most awesome people I ever knew. I dont even know how to console my mother.. she has buried two husbands and now her only son.

If you could please keep my mom in your prayers I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Ginny

Mjasp
05-23-2004, 08:39 PM
Oh My God, Ginny, I am so so sorry to hear about your brother. Please accept our deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Joanna

SeaSpray
05-23-2004, 08:44 PM
Ginny, I am so sad to hear about this :sad1: I had read about the plane crash, not realizing he was your brother :( I feel so bad for all of you, but especially your mother. I can't imagine the pain of seeing one's child pass away. :( :( Please extend my deepest sympathies to your family.

sandygirl
05-23-2004, 08:46 PM
are in our prayers. I can't begin to imagine the loss you have suffered. You have our heartfelt sympathy.

ThreeCircles
05-23-2004, 09:14 PM
Ginny--

We too are very sorry to hear of your loss. Please know that you'll be in our thoughts.

Mary Anne
05-23-2004, 09:16 PM
In my mind the worst of worst would be to have to bury a child. Please tell you mom, she is in my prayers, you will be also.

ThreeCircles
05-24-2004, 10:43 AM
Good morning everyone--

Just a quick note to let everyone know that we've added new cruisers to the Disney Magic August 28th Cruise Site at <a href="http://**********************">*****************</a>! Several new links were also added!

Reenieny18
05-24-2004, 12:41 PM
My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family in this time of need.
May God find a way to comfort you with this tragedy.
If you need to chat ,, find me online:hug:
Reenie

MoranClan
05-24-2004, 07:37 PM
Hello..

My family sends our deepest sympathy..

I lost my brother 15 years ago..I was 18 he was 20..Now I am 34..

So I know the pain your are feeling, and the sudden loss..He was murdered, so there was no pre warning..

Please keep you parents spirits Up..It helps..

Some say the lose gets easier with time..Mine hasnt..

Just remember the Happy times you all shared, that normally helps..

You and your family are in our prayers..

ThreeCircles
05-24-2004, 09:05 PM
We've had a busy day today everyone! We added yet another cruiser to the Disney Magic August 28th Cruise Site!

Now, we just need everyone to send in those pictures so we know who we're looking for at the terminal! ::yes::

Mjasp
05-24-2004, 09:28 PM
As the list grows. We are going to have a great DIS meet.

ThreeCircles
05-24-2004, 09:45 PM
I think so too Joanna!

And, that means we'll have to decide on a time and location for the meet!

Ideas or suggestions anyone?

Mjasp
05-24-2004, 10:11 PM
I want to hang out on deck 10 forward when the ship leaves port. I don't know if I will be able to convince the kids to go up there and leave the sail away party.

So lets hear everyones suggestions.

Are we doing a Palo brunch DIS meet.

ThreeCircles
05-24-2004, 10:22 PM
Here's my take on the Dis Meet. We've had three at the Promenade Lounge, just after the lifeboat drill, and one on Deck 9 at the Goofy Pool just before the lifeboat drill.

In my experience, the Goofy Pool area was just way too crowded and noisy for the Dis Meet. It was really difficult to hear anyone over the noise from the pool and the band playing nearby. The Promenade Lounge was much quieter and also provided a lot more space for people to mingle. Both locations have a bar and drinks are readily available.

As far as the times go, I think I enjoyed the meets right after the lifeboat drill a little bit better. Although you only had about 20 to 25 minutes before the Sailaway Celebration, it was a nice bit of time to mingle, say hi, and begin to meet people. Smaller groups tended to break off and head up to the party together as the Magic prepared to set sail.

For the May 1st Cruise I placed a poll up on the website and everyone voted for the time and location that they wanted. If we have lots of different suggestions, that can be done again if everyone would like.

ThreeCircles
05-25-2004, 09:19 AM
I think we're on a roll!

We've added another cruiser to the list this morning and Ginny sent in a family pic!

Am interested to hear what everyone else thinks about the Dis meet time and location too. ::yes::

ThreeCircles
05-26-2004, 11:45 AM
It's much, much too quiet in here for a group of people that are going to be on the Disney Magic in less than 100 days! :hyper:

Anyone going to Hell on this trip? (Sounds kinda funny! :teeth: )

On our Thanksgiving Western cruise we took a bus tour of the island and they stopped at Hell for about 15-20 minutes. Really, that's about all you need time-wise. I think I have a picture around here somewhere. I'll try to find it, scan it, and post it for you guys.

Hope everyone is well!

Jason

winnyis
05-26-2004, 11:53 AM
We plan on going to hell and the turtle farm in GC. This will be our third year in a row there so we figured why not. Also while we are there we are going to go to the Resort where my brother and his wife got married and either try to purchase the plaque that the had made when they got married (if the hotel will sell it to me) or at least take a picture of it for my SIL.

SeaSpray
05-26-2004, 10:33 PM
Hi everyone :wave2:

I can't wait to meet all of you!! I'm pretty much open to any arrangement for a DIS meet, but I think right after the drill sounds like a good idea, since the drill ends for everyone at the same time. We'd throw our life vests in the cabin, then head to wherever we all decide to meet.

As far as the sail-away party goes, my DSs are older, so I think we'll be up on Deck 10, watching from up there. We'll probably have our video camera out, taping as we leave the Port.

I'm not sure what we'll be doing yet on Grand Cayman day. I think the Nautilus semi-sub looks good. I'd like to do Stingray City, but so far DH and DSs aren't interested in getting into the water with them. lol DH and I are going on a Royal Caribbean cruise next summer that will stop at Grand Cayman, so I'll definitely do Stingray City at that time, if I don't do it this year.

We're still waiting for SIL & BIL to decide which excursions they'd like to do, then we'll see if any of those interest us. We're planning on doing the Tulum ruins. (Part of me still thinks the kids would like the Jeep excursion better, but we're still leaning towards Tulum).

There really are several excursions that I'd like to do at each port, but there wouldn't be time. That's just another reason to cruise again :sunny:

P.S. Anyone interested in a Radisson meet the night before the cruise?? Also, if any of you have kids who'd like to IM with either of my DSs before the cruise, email me and I'll give you their screen names. :)

SeaSpray
05-26-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by winnyis
We plan on going to hell and the turtle farm in GC. This will be our third year in a row there so we figured why not. Also while we are there we are going to go to the Resort where my brother and his wife got married and either try to purchase the plaque that the had made when they got married (if the hotel will sell it to me) or at least take a picture of it for my SIL.

Ginny, that sounds like such a nice idea. What kind of plaque did the resort make when they got married??

admepo
05-27-2004, 07:40 AM
Hello everyone! I just made all of my REAS reservations yesterday with Debbie which made everything all the more REAL. We never took our honeymoon when we were married so this was the perfect anniversary gift to ourselves! I can't wait to go! As far as the DIS meet goes, we will meet up wherever...since it is our first cruise we will trust the more experienced opinions on when is the best time and location.

We are looking to do the Tulum ruins too and are very excited about it although I have to say I am a little worried about the transportation there and back after reading the posts. We want to do the Back to Nature kayaking in Key West and then the Aquaboat and snorkeling in Grand Cayman plus explore a little on our own as well. My DH can't wait to hit the wave runners in Castaway Cay although I don't think he realizes it is a guided tour and that he will not have free reign! :)

I have just realized that the room we were given is only two doors down from the deck 2 laundry room which I am very worried about. Do you think if I call Disney that I can get a different room assigned to me????? I know they are very helpful and accomodating. We were given room 2092 and although I have heard the room is fine and not noisy at all I am worried about having to go through crowds waiting in the hall to get to my room and noise at all hours of the day and night. Am I over-concerned here???? Anyone have any ideas????

Otherwise, ENJOY YOUR DAY!!!

Melanie

ThreeCircles
05-27-2004, 11:08 AM
Looks like we're going to have quite a group for the Tulum Ruins! It seems that at least four or five groups from our thread will be doing that excursion so it will be like a regular Tulum Dis Meet! :)

Melanie--

Glad to hear that you were able to make your REAS reservations. That's a nice benefit of that package; being able to get the reservations taken care of even before you step foot on the ship.

We've had staterooms that have been somewhat close to the laundry room on Deck 6 and Deck 7. I don't think I ever saw crowds in the hall waiting to use it and I don't ever remember it being noisy or anything. But, if you do want to change rooms and they still have availability, I'm sure DCL will be happy to accommodate you.

MoranClan
05-27-2004, 08:43 PM
Hello Everyone

Was kinda bummed to hear about Ginny's Brother..

But Now That she has posted again I feel a little bit happier about posting..

Ginny, I hope all is going well..

I dont know much about Grand Cayman, But Where is Hell?..

Would love to go to Hell with my family..

:cool1:

Also..We are going on the Jeep safari on Cozumel..Anyone Else?..

Thanks

winnyis
05-27-2004, 09:01 PM
Thanks Everyone for your kind words and prayers for my mom and my family. These last 2 weeks have been terrible to say the least. I have gone back to work mainly to try to distract myself and I must admit my bosses and colleagues have been wonderful. I am there physically but mentally and emotionally my thoughts are elsewhere. The only work I can even do are the mindless no thought involved ones that I usually hate to do

Its so hard to go on without such an important member of your family...my sisters, brother and I were all sooo close and I truly feel like a piece of my heart is missing. The other hard thing is not knowing what happened... your mind tends to get away from you thinking about what the heck could have happened .. he was less than 1/2 mile from the airport.... Unfortunately the NTSB report wont be done for 9-12 months and then honestly we may never know.

Again, thanks to all of you for you support.

Ginny

winnyis
05-27-2004, 09:07 PM
Terry - the resort my brother and Sister in law got married at has this big white free standing board (hard to describe it but I saw a picture) with a pillars on each side and they create an engraved plaque for each couple that marries there and mount it on this board. I thought that since we would be there I would try to do this for my SIL. I know it would make her happy to have that momento of their special day.

SeaSpray
05-27-2004, 09:57 PM
Its so hard to go on without such an important member of your family...my sisters, brother and I were all sooo close and I truly feel like a piece of my heart is missing. The other hard thing is not knowing what happened... your mind tends to get away from you thinking about what the heck could have happened .. he was less than 1/2 mile from the airport.... Unfortunately the NTSB report wont be done for 9-12 months and then honestly we may never know.

Again, thanks to all of you for you support.

Ginny

I'm close to my brothers and sister. I can't imagine losing any of them, especially like that :( It's got to be hard not knowing exactly what happened.

*hugs* Ginny :hug:

SeaSpray
05-27-2004, 09:58 PM
Terry - the resort my brother and Sister in law got married at has this big white free standing board (hard to describe it but I saw a picture) with a pillars on each side and they create an engraved plaque for each couple that marries there and mount it on this board. I thought that since we would be there I would try to do this for my SIL. I know it would make her happy to have that momento of their special day.

Are you going to contact them before the cruise and ask them about it? Maybe they can take it down and have it all ready for you in August. I'm sure it would mean a lot to your SIL.

SeaSpray
05-27-2004, 10:10 PM
Hi everyone :wave2:

I just posted my 4999th post over on the Community Board, so I wanted to come here, to OUR thread, for my 5000th post! :sunny:

Reenieny18
05-27-2004, 10:24 PM
I have so much to say and want to welcome all the new comers. I have learned so much from this board, I feel like we are family planning a reunion.

Jason: I am new to the DCL. I am game for any DIS meet. I have 2 kids with us and I am pretty sure we would be at the farewell party wherever that may be. You let me know where to meet,, and we will be there. Also, I sent in a pic of my family,, except my sister. We will have to get a group pic of her on board.

Seaspray: Congrats on all your 5000th posts. Do you have AIM? I have a daughter that is your older sons age. Or if anyone else has a child that wants to IM my kids as well. Daughter 15, son 11.

GINNY: glad to see you back here. Your still in our prayers. I am traveling with my sister,, she is like my best friend. I can't imagine your loss.

Thanks for reading and can't wait to meet you all.

Reenie
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Reenieny18
05-27-2004, 10:41 PM
:wave2: HELLO EVERYONE:wave2:
I have not read the board in a few days so I have to catch up. We plan on doing the Ship Wreck and Reef Snorkeling. My DH and I did the stingrays on our honeymoon almost 2 yrs ago. He would not get off the boat!!!! It was so funny.I went into the water and like everyone else, when you first get in the water with the STINGRAYS I SCREAMED>>>>.
it was so weird!

Son has no desire to go and I know my SISTER would not even attempt to be near them. And my daughter did the stingrays at theGreat Barrier Reef in Australia..

Anyone else going to do that plain boring snorkel? We wanted to do the horseback riding in Cozamel... but I have heard bad reviews, and our son is only 11.(looks older).

What is the HELL tour about and can we take a taxi for 5 there???

Looking forward to meeting anyone esp on Deck 6 and late dining.

Seapspray... I know we are right across from each other. Can't wait to neet you.

tomorrow is 90 days away!!
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Take care
Reenie

Reenieny18
05-27-2004, 10:59 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Just sending you birthday wishes. :cake: Now make a wish!!:genie:
And enjoy the rest of the day!

Reenie

Mjasp
05-28-2004, 06:19 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TERRY!!!!!!!!!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
And HAPPY 5,000 POSTS

Terry will do the week countdown when she posts........

BUT 3 MONTHS FROM TODAY

WE WILL BE SAILING ON THE MAGIC :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Talk to you all later.

Joanna

SeaSpray
05-28-2004, 07:44 AM
13 weeks to go!! :hyper: And now that we're so close, 3 months sounds even better!!! :sunny:

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Reenie and Joanna! I don't celebrate my birthday anymore, but I did have a nice day :)

Reenie, I will PM you with my DSs' AIM screen names. :)

admepo
05-28-2004, 07:45 AM
Hello everyone!

Ginny: You and your family are in my prayers. I am very sorry for your loss. I know my sister is my world and I would not know how to begin to deal with that. I wish you and your family all the best at this difficult time.

Jason: Thanks for the room advice. Adam and I discussed it yesterday and figured on sticking with the assigned room. We figure there is a perk to being right there - knowing whatever times the laundry is empty to do our own laundry! Besides, I don't think we will spend a ton of time during the day in there other than getting ready when there is so much to see and do! :)

Did I see it is Terry's birthday today? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Enjoy your day!

My DS is turning three tomorrow so I am busy getting his Wiggles Birthday party ready for tomorrow! I think when we take my three boys on DCL next year sometime that he will look for them - thank god they are not on there!!!!!!!!!! :crazy:

Well, I am going to watch my Disney Cruise Line DVD sometime this weekend to celebrate the 3 month mark with the DH!!!

Everyone have a great day! :wave:

Melanie

ThreeCircles
05-28-2004, 10:36 AM
Yes, happy birthday Terry!!!

Melanie--

That's probably a great way to look at being located by the Laundry Rooms! We didn't spend a whole lot of time doing laundry but we did have to iron a few pairs of pants and a couple shirts. We were on Deck 6 and had to walk quite a distance to the room. I know on several occasions we got there were a few people ahead of us so we ended up going back to the room to try later.

Mary Anne
05-29-2004, 07:27 AM
Hope everyone is enjoyig their long holiday week-end.

The time seems to be going really fast now. Terry glad you enjoyed your vacation.

Melanie, glad to see someone else is on deck 2 with us! Not to worry, I'll be real quiet using the laundry room LOL Trust me you'll see me there often.

Reenieny18
05-29-2004, 05:41 PM
I finally was able to get the passports filled out today. Our post office was opened today and they process them as well.
We really didnt need them,, but I thought with the AL-Quida garbage going on,, its safer. Cost of bit for 3 of them at once. My daughter has her already... Even though she hates her pic....
Less then 3 months now WAHOOO!!

Reenie

Mjasp
05-29-2004, 11:40 PM
Check out page 1, It is growing. I just added Invaderzim to our cruise list. Welcome aboard.

Seems like a nice DIS meet may be in the works here. It is nice to see familiar faces on board when you walk around the ship.

SeaSpray
05-30-2004, 11:04 AM
Joanna and Jason: Thanks SO much for maintaining this thread and the Three Circles web site for the August 28th cruisers! :sunny:

admepo and Invaderzim: Welcome to the thread! :wave2:

Reenie: I'm waiting for DSs' passports to arrive in the mail too. We sent them out a few weeks ago. At least you'll have them well before the cruise. I always feel bad for people who need them in a hurry.

Mjasp
05-30-2004, 12:34 PM
Hey Moran Clan...and et al who have not gone to ********************** and signed up, stop by and sign up.

Terry, When I showed your expense sheet to (Bobby) Moran clan he said I was too much, with the planning. Then he read it and seemed to like it, because when I asked what I could bring to his BBQ today he said, oh bring the excel sheet. LOL

I am bringing it, but am also bringing ice cream and stuff for Ice Cream sundaes.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Joanna

SeaSpray
05-30-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Mjasp
Hey Moran Clan...and et al who have not gone to ********************** and signed up, stop by and sign up.

Terry, When I showed your expense sheet to (Bobby) Moran clan he said I was too much, with the planning. Then he read it and seemed to like it, because when I asked what I could bring to his BBQ today he said, oh bring the excel sheet. LOL

I am bringing it, but am also bringing ice cream and stuff for Ice Cream sundaes.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Joanna

I'm glad he liked the spreadsheet!! :p I like planning out how much things are going to cost because I used to have a habit of underestimating.

Have a good time, those ice cream sundaes sound great!!! ::yes::

ThreeCircles
05-30-2004, 05:22 PM
Hello all!

Travis and I took his cousin from Nebraska to Disney yesterday and I am tired! We went early, leaving our house around 8:00 in the morning and stayed at the Magic Kingdom until about 7:30 or so. We then headed over to Downtown Disney for a bit before heading back home.

All I can say is that was one long day! Generally, because we're Annual Passholders and are there quite often, we don't stay for such a long period of time. In fact, we usually don't arrive at Disney until 1 or 2 P.M.! :)

I ended up sleeping in until 11:00 and am still tired!

Anyway, less than 90 days until the cruise now!!!

Mjasp
05-30-2004, 10:05 PM
Sounds like a fun day at Disney. Now you know how us tourists feel after a day at Disney LOL

One more day off. I want to savor it.

ThreeCircles
05-30-2004, 10:31 PM
Sounds like a fun day at Disney. Now you know how us tourists feel after a day at Disney LOL

One more day off. I want to savor it.

Very true, Joanna. Except you guys visit for multiple days in a row! I wouldn't be able to keep up! :teeth:

admepo
05-31-2004, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the "welcomes" to the board. Can't believe the wealth of information here, but love to have it!!!! :)

Just had DS's 3rd bday Wiggles bday party on Saturday! Boy was that a chore! :crazy: But he had fun and got tons of Disney toys (his favorite of course)

Now we are in the midst of planning a few days to WDW ourselves in July while my cousin from New Jersey comes to stay with us. We love to take advantage of the FL resident specials for the summer resort saving etc... so we love to do Disney at least once during the summer. But lucky me - I get WDW in July and the cruise in August!!! :bounce: I could easily live there! And if my kids had their way we would be there every weekend!

Well hope everyone is enjoying their extended weekends! Just wanted to say HI :wave:

Melanie

admepo
05-31-2004, 10:44 AM
One more thing to ask for now anyway...

DH and I are interested in the Tropical Rainforest Room... just want to confirm that we do not have to hit the ressie rush upon boarding at the spa for this - we can go there anyday and just pay for it, right???? I don't think we will do a 7 day pass but do they have 3 day passes on the 7 day cruise?

THANKS

Melanie

MoranClan
05-31-2004, 01:33 PM
Hey Gang..

What Time should I book the shuttle to the cruise ship for?

I called today and booked 11:00 Is this too early?..:confused:

Please let me know..

Also..Deck 10 is an awesome spot for the Sailing Away Party.. pirate: Last time we went, we had the whole deck to ourselves.

We were Midship, Starboard..Just above the goofy Pool..Waved Goodbye to everyone on the Channel..

Looking forward to the cruise and meeting everyone.. :grouphug:

ThreeCircles
05-31-2004, 01:53 PM
Melanie--

You and Adam are going to love the Rainforest Room! It's very nice and relaxing; one could easily fall asleep in there! You're correct that you won't need to hit the spa on boarding to get reservations for this as you can purchase access to the room at any time.

They have single day passes ($15) as well as length-of-cruise passes ($50) at the start of the cruise. About halfway through the cruise they begin to offer either a four or three-day pass. I don't know if the 3 or 4-day pass is available at the beginning of the cruise or not but they should be able to answer all of those questions once you hit the spa.

Bobby--

We always drive to the port from home so I can't really answer your question about the shuttle. But, I have heard that many people book the earliest shuttle available and that it tends to run at least a little bit behind. Hopefully others will have more information to share with you.

And welcome to the thread!

MoranClan
05-31-2004, 02:04 PM
Hey Jason and Travis...

Was wondering if you received my Email for your web site?..

Let me know

Thanks

Bobby

ThreeCircles
05-31-2004, 03:00 PM
Bobby--

Received your e-mail and updated the site with all of your info this afternoon!

Doreen--

We also got your pic up on the site too! (Finally! :) )

So, we've added new cruisers to the Disney Magic August 28th Cruise Site!

Mjasp
05-31-2004, 03:10 PM
I'm so upset. Bobby, we forgot to take a pic of us yesterday to send to Three circles for their website. Will have to do it before the cruise.

Karel
05-31-2004, 03:15 PM
Moran Clan - Bobby - I see you have a Katie that is 10 also. My daughter will be thrilled when I tell her.

Are you staying at the Radisson Friday night?

Karel

MoranClan
05-31-2004, 03:23 PM
hello Karel

Yes Radison ...

We will be arriving friday Morning..

Katie will be thrilled..

Bobby

Mary Anne
05-31-2004, 03:31 PM
Does anyone know how early they will let us check into the Radisson or do they make us wait till official check in time. I'm thinking of leaving Disney about 11 am (when we need to check out of OKWest) and then driving to the Radisson and was hoping to check in early and relax that afternoon and evening.

Karel
05-31-2004, 03:36 PM
Bobby - can my Katie email or instant message your Katie? She's been bugging me for 'names'.

Also, where on the Island are you? My parents grew up there and my grandparents used to live in Stony Brook, my sister works at an Arbortuem and lives in Farmingdale (? I think) and my aunt lives in Cutchogue.

ThreeCircles
05-31-2004, 03:38 PM
For all of those who are staying at the Radisson the night prior to the cruise, are you planning on a Dis Meet? If so, I would be happy to put the info up on the site when all of the details are ironed out.

Also, if any of you have suggestions for additional information that you would like to see on the site, please don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.

MoranClan
05-31-2004, 03:38 PM
Hello Karel..

Sure..

I will send you my email so katie can talk to katie..

Later

Bobby

Mjasp
05-31-2004, 03:42 PM
I would like to have a DIS meet at the Radisson. Anyone else up for a meet. We could meet by the pool in the evening.

Anyone else???

MoranClan
05-31-2004, 03:46 PM
Sure..

Friday Evening Sounds Good..

We can Drink our night away before we set sail..

:drinking:

Just Set a time

MoranClan
05-31-2004, 03:49 PM
Hey Mary Anne..

Check in is at 3:00..We can use the pool and amenities before we check in..

Karel
05-31-2004, 03:50 PM
I'm not really sure when we'll get to the Radisson. We will probably come in late from WDW. Or if we're driving straight in, we'll be there early.

I thought it would be fun to just go and hang out for a few days, not going to the parks but enjoying the hotel but I can't see spending $500 for two nights at Beach Club, which is where we really want to go. I have to check Port Orleans Riverside prices.

So it's a question of should we take our time on the way down and stop somewhere or just drive to the Port.

Mary Anne
05-31-2004, 04:16 PM
Our WDW Annual passes are good till Friday night so if I can't check into the Radisson before 3 pm I might do a park for an hour or so.

I'll be down by the pool for a while that evening though and say hi to you all.

You know, now that Memorial Day is just about behind us, it'll be here before you know it, we're under the 90 day mark now :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

winnyis
05-31-2004, 05:07 PM
Count us in for a DIS meet at the radisson... we will be heading over to the radisson around noon (we have to check out of the royal pacific at 11) so we can lay around the pool all day.

ThreeCircles
05-31-2004, 09:07 PM
Nice signature pic MoranClan! ::yes::

Mjasp
05-31-2004, 09:23 PM
We figure to get to the Radisson by 4-5 PM and spend the afternoon/evening by the pool.

Paid our cruise off today WOOHOO

Now we are officially going. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Joanna

winnyis
06-01-2004, 06:26 AM
Good Feeling isnt it Joanna - I paid my cruise off last week and was able to check off the final few things to do... now all I have to do is wait and wait and wait...

Im not very patient - LOL....

Ginny

Mjasp
06-01-2004, 06:50 AM
Yeah it is a good feeling. Now I have to pick excursions and you can see by the forum I wasn't busy today with all my questions LOL

SeaSpray
06-01-2004, 07:44 AM
We figure to get to the Radisson by 4-5 PM and spend the afternoon/evening by the pool.

Paid our cruise off today WOOHOO

Now we are officially going. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Joanna

Congrats, Joanna! It's a great feeling to finally have it paid off, isn't it :sunny:

We'll be at the Radisson at some point in the afternoon. Our flight is scheduled to land at MCO at about 2:20pm. So, as soon as we get our luggage, we'll be heading right over to the hotel. I think a get-together by the pool is a great idea. :)

Reenieny18
06-01-2004, 10:02 AM
Jason, Thanks for posting our picture. It took me awhile.. but I got one.

My daughter is hoping to be able to talk to people her age before we go, but she is never home...
We have been so busy getting things ready.
Hubbie lost his job so money is so tight... But we will still be there for the CRUISE .

We are staying at Pop Century the week before the crusie so we won't be there for the day before at the Radisson.
Also, Hubbie and son and I are driving to Daytona so he can see the race track. Hubbie is doing the Petty experience:scared: in Disney on the Friday before the cruise.

Less than 90 days now WAHOO>>>

Reenie

:thewave: :thewave:

admepo
06-01-2004, 04:37 PM
Hello everyone!

Adam is very interested in the Bridge Tour. Do they still give that? I think I either heard or read somewhere that they had stopped for awhile after 9/11 but am curious if it is on again. DH used to work on a casino cruise boat when we were first married out of Ft. Myers Beach here so he is very interested in the Bridge tour and Making of the Magic talk they give. :) Hopefully it will be interesting...for both of us! ;)

Melanie

ThreeCircles
06-01-2004, 04:49 PM
Melanie--

DCL actually did suspend all Bridge Tours for quite a while after September 11. However, they have since reinstated that activity.

From our May 3rd Navigator:

Disney Magic Bridge Tour Reservations: Reserve your Bridge Tour tickets for selected times at Guest Services open 24 hours or the Shore Excursion Desk during open hours.

Not sure what the specific days and times are but I'm sure Guest Services will have that info.

winnyis
06-01-2004, 06:52 PM
For the second time it appears I have gotten a dud travel agent.... I called last wednesday and gave my agent my CC # and told her to pay my cruise off that day since I wanted to make sure the charges hit while the double points promo with the disney visa was going on. Well this morning I check my account statement online and no charge so I call disney... they dont have payment.

This is the kicker....I call the travel agent and she is on vacation til next week.... I cant believe she went on her vacation and didnt process the payment for mine.... I was so pissed - I called her boss and made her process it immediately. And of course I reminded her that these reservations were basically handed to their agency with no work at all to be done on them - just so we could get the mugs....

Im definately not transferring my repo cruise reservation to them.

Ok Im done venting now... thanks for listening - LOL

Ginny

ThreeCircles
06-01-2004, 07:51 PM
Ginny--

I feel your pain girl! We transferred one of our cruises to AAA last year in order to get the AAA refillable mugs as well. We were not impressed at all! Needless to say, that is not an experiment that I plan on trying again.

For as much as we used our mugs the hassle just wasn't worth it. Hopefully, after your contact with the supervisor, things will improve for you.

MoranClan
06-01-2004, 08:11 PM
Hey everyone..

Called my Travel agant today.."All Seasons Travel"

They informed me that the wait list for the early dining is long..

My Wife informed them that a member of our party cancelled and their space was opened..

My wife told them that we have a 5 year old traveling with us..And The late seating would be a bit much for him..

I know I booked late, and its my fault i didnt get early..

But the response My wife received from them..Was Bull....

They told my wife if we didnt like the late seating we could always cancel..

If anyone has any pull to get us early seating..Please help..

Thanks

admepo
06-01-2004, 08:17 PM
Jason: Thanks for the Bridge tour info. Adam will be happy to know that they are on again! :sunny:

Ginny, I am so sorry you got a bum agent at AAA :( . I was thinking of transferring our reservation a little while ago but have heard such poor things regarding their service that I decided against it. Sorry again. But at least now the cruise is paid for so that is good :) - did you at least make it in time for the extra points? I hope so.

Melanie

winnyis
06-01-2004, 08:22 PM
MoranClan - try linking your reservation with Mjasp (if they have early dining). We did that on our last cruise and our friends who booked late were moved to early dining after the 60 day mark so that they were seated with us.

Cant hurt... unless of course you dont want to eat with Joanna - just kidding of course !!!!

MoranClan
06-01-2004, 08:29 PM
We are Linked :mad:

We hope for the best..

Thanks

winnyis
06-01-2004, 08:35 PM
MoranClan - dont give up hope yet.... just keep on top of your TA and hope for the best... our friends booked like 3 months before the cruise (same week as our cruise this year) and they did get moved to early... or worst case - once you board they have a meeting with the dining staff where you can request changes.

Mjasp
06-01-2004, 08:46 PM
Ginny...The kicker was that when I called DCL yesterday, (Since I booked through DCL they will talk with me LOL) All Seas didn't even have them linked to me. So I told the DCL rep to please link them and put them on the early wait list.

Oh Bobby, How much percentage of the price of that category 4 do I get if you get early seating. LOL

Did AAA get your payment in in time for double points?

I am having trouble with my Outlook Express today, anyone else?

Mary Anne
06-01-2004, 08:48 PM
My husband and I did the Bridge Tour in 2000 the last Disney Cruise we did. It was very enjoyable, we'll do it again this trip if we can.

ThreeCircles
06-01-2004, 09:58 PM
I think you guys have piqued my interest and Travis and I might just check out the Bridge Tour this time too.

We really enjoy "Disney's Navigator Series" and "Disney's Behind the Scenes" programs so I think we would probably enjoy the Bridge Tour. We also want to check out the Galley Tour too!

In May we got the chance to meet a REAL Imagineer from Burbank as part of the "Behind the Scenes" program. She did a great job of presenting on exactly what the Imagineers do and how they do it. I have a pic with her that I'll post!

Mjasp
06-01-2004, 10:36 PM
I definately want to do the bridge tour also.

Sounds Very interesting.

So who is going to be the one to get ALL of us tickets to go LOL

ThreeCircles
06-01-2004, 11:00 PM
Well, since you were the official Disney Magic August 28th Cruise thread starter... ::yes::

Guest Services Cast Member: Yes, can I help the next person, please?

Joanna: Good morning! I was just wondering if this is where I reserve tickets for the Bridge Tour?

Guest Services Cast Member: Why, yes it is ma’am. I'd be happy to help you with that.

Joanna: Oh great!

Guest Services Cast Member: How many tickets will you be needing ma’am?

Joanna: Oh, let me see... Oh, yes. Thirty-nine!

Guest Services Cast Member: :earseek:

:hyper:

Mjasp
06-02-2004, 06:46 AM
Jason...You are too funny

I am ROTFLMAO

paulinewdw
06-02-2004, 06:57 AM
I am not too sure if the boys would be interested, but I KNOW DH would jump at the chance.

I am so looking forward to this trip1

markºoº
06-02-2004, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the info on bridge tours - I was not aware they had started to offer them again. DCL had stopped doing them when we did our last cruise in 2002.

DW would not be interested in the tour but I sure would (and probably DS12).

admepo
06-02-2004, 08:56 AM
Sounds like there will be quite a DIS party on the bridge! :)

Well I know Adam is thrilled about seeing the bridge tour so it should be interesting at the very least.

Melanie

sandygirl
06-02-2004, 12:03 PM
Wow! I went away for a few days and this thread really perked up.
DH and I did the Bridge Tour back in early 2001. It was very interesting, maybe more so for DH than I, but I'm glad I had the opportunity.
We will not be at the Radisson but am looking forward to meeting everyone onboard. Let me know when you decide on a time and spot.
Ginny - what was the deadline for the double points? Can't believe I missed that one. I am usually so frugally aware.

ThreeCircles
06-02-2004, 12:09 PM
Oh, I can see the headlines now:

Dis Board regulars storm the bridge of the Disney Magic: Demand that the ship not return to Port Canaveral

Mark--

I see from your countdown that you'll be leaving for Hawaii soon! Lucky you! I wouldn't mind a short trip to Hawaii while waiting for the August cruise. Just to kinda break things up, ya know? :hyper:

Everyone--

Last night some additions were made to the Disney Magic August 28th Cruise Site at <a href="http://**********************">*****************</a>. There is a new "Dis Meets" page so that we can keep track of all of our groups going-ons throughout the length of the cruise.

And don't be shy about sending in those pictures! The more pics we get up on the site the easier it will be for everyone to recognize each other on the cruise! You'll have people coming up to you in the halls of the Magic saying: "Wait a minute! I know you... You're so-and-so!" You'll feel like a star! :)

Talk to you all soon,
Jason

admepo
06-02-2004, 12:47 PM
OK I know I have gone completely "overboard" on DCL now - I have always been a disney addict but now that my husband has added a second monitor to our computer, I can keep the boards up on one monitor and read them while I do work for my brother-in-law (stay at home mom working from home!) on the other so I don't have to miss a thing switching back and forth!! :)

The ************ site is excellent! GREAT JOB on that. By the time the cruise gets here we will all defintely know one another! I am trying to scrape up a decent picture to send in...:rolleyes: I will get something!

Jason...looks like you will be adding the Bridge tour to the DIS Meets page now too, huh???? :)

Melanie

ThreeCircles
06-02-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by admepo
OK I know I have gone completely "overboard" on DCL now - I have always been a disney addict but now that my husband has added a second monitor to our computer, I can keep the boards up on one monitor and read them while I do work for my brother-in-law (stay at home mom working from home!) on the other so I don't have to miss a thing switching back and forth!! :)

Wow! I think I need to figure out how to set up an additional monitor on my PC too. That way, I can split my attention between my ongoing job search and my, ahem, how do you say, Dis Board compulsion. :) Hmmm, which is more important, job search or talking about Disney cruises? :crazy:

Still haven't received the Shore Excursion books from DCL for the cruise. I think I'm going to go hunt down my old ones from previous Western cruises and see if anything sparks my interest.

I think I'm all decided for Cozumel. We've passed up the Tulum Ruins twice now but I think we're going to hit them this time around. Plus, since we're in port until 11 P.M., we'll still have plenty of time to do some other things if we're so inclined. We've yet to visit Carlos ‘N Charlies or Senior Frogs so we may have to venture into that new territory as well.

winnyis
06-02-2004, 02:06 PM
I had called last week because I wanted the cruise to show up on my may month end statement since thebonus points take 8-10 weeks to show up as available on your acccount. The regular single points are immediately as soon as statement closes. I got a call from the TA's supervisor today and they did call my payment in this morning so at least I know it will be on my June statement for sure... I just hope the bonus points show up before I leave .. I was hoping to use them to cover my dinners at Ohana and Hollywood & Vine while we are at disney before the cruise.

MoranClan
06-02-2004, 07:56 PM
hey Gang..

Bridge Tour sounds great..Count me in..P.S. I know how to operate a boat.. pirate: Plus have coast Guard training to use the "New" Guidance systems...hehe..From My friend in the Coast Guard..:smooth: Thanks Ken

So after we take over the bridge where do we wanna go?..hahahaha

But Seriously..

As the days grow shorter..I CANT WAIT..Told my Wife yesterday lets do a 4 night pre cruise before we go to practice...

Now..For a dilemma...My son and I like to fish on the beach with my Jeep..

He wants to bring his fishing pole on the cruise and fish from the Verandah from our room..

You think Disney Would get mad?..hahahahaha And how much line should I spool on the reel..Hehe..

Sorry for the Stupidness..hehe...Long Hard day at work, the the board cheers me up...

laters

:wave:

Karel
06-02-2004, 08:13 PM
My 13 year old son would like to know if there are any 13 or 14 year olds who would like to exchange some email before the cruise. Please send me a PM. Thanks.

Mjasp
06-02-2004, 08:14 PM
Calm down Bobby, or I'll take you off that early seating waitlist. Your working a little to hard there. LOL

Why don't you do the 4 or 5 night to Canada. You can do Carnival or RC Voyager of the seas.

Got a bad sore throat today, DD hasn't missed a day at school this year, so I told her to keep her distance. She has 3 more weeks.

Joanna

sandygirl
06-02-2004, 08:22 PM
I had called last week because I wanted the cruise to show up on my may month end statement since thebonus points take 8-10 weeks to show up as available on your acccount. The regular single points are immediately as soon as statement closes.
Thanks WINNYIS, I think I'll call tomorrow. Gotta' love double points!

MoranClan
06-02-2004, 08:39 PM
Hello ..

Picked up a few mickey icons from home depot in Alien Green for the dis meet if anyone wants em..

We are also going to design some Door magnets..picked up some magnetic printer paper from staples..

Home with kids tonight..Cindy Started a part time job At the Disney Store for the Discounts.hehe

Any one need anything?..hahahah

SeaSpray
06-02-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Karel
My 13 year old son would like to know if there are any 13 or 14 year olds who would like to exchange some email before the cruise. Please send me a PM. Thanks.

Hi Karel:

I'll send you a PM with my DS13's AIM screen name and email address. :)

Reenie: My DS13 told me that your DS IMed him earlier this evening :) He added your DS to his Buddy List, and is looking forward to talking to him some more :)

winnyis
06-02-2004, 08:50 PM
MoranClan - I would love afew of the lime green mickey heads for a DISMeet.

Joanna - I went online to check on availability for another friend of mine to go and there was availability in Balcony cabins for families of 4 - incase your still looking to upgrade.

Mjasp
06-02-2004, 08:53 PM
I have a lanyard that I have to scan to show everyone, it was made by a fellow DISer for everyone that went on the Inaugural Western.

Bobby...Great idea for the magnetic paper. Gee, my friends are smart.

I am trying to price out green leis to buy for everyone, but Oriental trading only sells assorted colors. I am going to keep my eye out for green ones to buy in bulk for everyone, but they must be reasonably priced, I will be checking out the party store this weekend.

I wanted to stop in Home Depot this weekend for the Mickey Heads, will have to get there.

Joanna

Mjasp
06-02-2004, 08:59 PM

Joanna - I went online to check on availability for another friend of mine to go and there was availability in Balcony cabins for families of 4 - incase your still looking to upgrade. [/B]

I saw that and called DCL and they wanted alot of money (more than at time of booking) The cast member told me to ask at the port.

Joanna

MoranClan
06-02-2004, 08:59 PM
hey Joanna

Have a few...

17 sonic Boom's which are a bit darker than the traditional "Lime" Alien green

25 Alien Greens..The Traditional Dis Meets Color..hehe

As for My Wife and Mself...We may break tradition...and go with..

Rumbly Tumbly Orange as we are Pooh Freaks..

I have a scanner so I can make alot anyway..

My dad works for home depot..How many do you think we need..

This goes for everyone..

winnyis
06-02-2004, 09:07 PM
Bobby - can I have 4 alien green

MoranClan
06-02-2004, 09:08 PM
Hello Winnyis..

Do you want to wait for the cruise or drop them in the mail or email you a scan?..

Let me know

winnyis
06-02-2004, 09:15 PM
Bobby - if you want to email me a scan that would be great...

my email is winnyis@aol.com

MoranClan
06-02-2004, 09:26 PM
hey Gang

Hopefully its not too big..

here is the scan for everyone to customize..

Have fun

http://www167.pair.com/rjmweb/disney/aliengreen.jpg

MoranClan
06-02-2004, 09:43 PM
Ok..Im not a graphic artist..but I tried to take the background shadows out and the texture...here it goes..

http://www167.pair.com/rjmweb/disney/mickeyhead.gif

laters

ThreeCircles
06-02-2004, 10:28 PM
Hey all!

Wow, I stepped out for a little bit and this thread really got busy! Guess everyone needed to blow off some steam mid-week, huh? :D

Bobby--

The scan turned out really good. Should make a nice magnet for your stateroom door.

Everyone—

I have an idea for nametags for the Dis Meet too. This is something that I put together for the Disney Magic May 1st Cruise and I can make them for the August sailing as well if everyone would like.

Here's a screen capture of the name tags as they look in Publisher:

http://www.knology.net/~jwoodrum/nametag.gif

You'll have to imagine what they will actually look like when they're on the sticker nametags. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do them in color or not. All I have is a regular laser printer but I may be able to print them off at Travis's mom's place. At any rate, I did them in B&W in May and they looked pretty good.

Let me know what you think.

gdulaney
06-02-2004, 10:33 PM
You are so creative!! Cute nametag. :)

Mjasp
06-03-2004, 06:39 AM
I Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great name tags.

admepo
06-03-2004, 08:14 AM
Looks great, Jason! Sounds like an excellent idea! :)

Also, thanks Bobby for the Mickey head scan!!!! Now I don't have to worry about my Dh "forgetting" to pick them up! :)

Melanie

ThreeCircles
06-03-2004, 02:31 PM
I'll be sure to print up the nametags then. I'll be printing them up with the information that was provided for the Disney Magic August 28th Site at *****************. So, if you've already sent in your info to the site you'll get a nametag and if you haven't sent in the info yet, be sure to do so before the cruise!

And, the pic is not representative of the actual size of the nametag. They would be monstrous! ;)

Reenieny18
06-03-2004, 04:29 PM
Everyone has done a great job on this board. I too have found myself looking at it 24/7.

Add me and most of my family to the BRIDGE tour. Daughter will be busy in the sun.

Jason the nametags look great too. Bright Green will stand out for sure.

:bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:
So excited..

My son liked taking to your son too, .SEAPSPRY. sorry it was short. We had to go to a sports banquet.

Karel: My son is 11 but a mature 11. He would like to get to know your child as well. But I will leave it to your 13 yr old to see if he is too young..lol

Take care

Reenie

Karel
06-03-2004, 05:20 PM
Reenie - not to worry, I have a 12 yo too.

MoranClan
06-03-2004, 07:24 PM
hey Jason and Travis

If you want I can print them in color if you like..

Color always looks better..

We can use Good paper with Clear name tag holders, or just use Sticker paper..If we use good name tag holders we can reuse them if needed..

Only Fee I ask is a few beers on board..hehe

Let me know

Reenieny18
06-03-2004, 10:01 PM
Jason, which one is you in the pic?? the one with mickey or not??
I am trying to put faces with the pics.

SEASPRAY: I think I can pick you and your boys out but I am so bad at names.

We have had so much water and rain around here, that I have water coming from the basement floor. Over the weekend, I painted and made a room for my son's science lab and my CRAFT room. This morning I went to finish the paiting touch-ups,, and the floor was wet. Walls are dry,, but floor is soaked.. UGGGHHH FLORIDA TAKE ME AWAY>>>
how many more day????

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:
Reenie

sgt. jeff
06-04-2004, 07:31 AM
Hello from Myrtle Beach South Carolina!! We will be on the cruise also!! Room 5509!! Myself, DW Wendy, DD Jessica(9)and DS Dakotah (6)!!!!

admepo
06-04-2004, 07:42 AM
Welcome :wave: sgt. jeff and family! This is a great group as you will soon see!

Melanie

Mjasp
06-04-2004, 07:47 AM
Welcome aboard Sgt Jeff and family to the 8/28/04 cruise thread. Please stop over at ********************** and sign up for our cruise thread there also. Nice website that Three Circles has put together.

I will add your family to page 1

Joanna

Reenieny18
06-04-2004, 08:21 AM
This is a busy board as you can see. The people here will make this cruise a fun one. My DH is so excited and thinks7 days may not be enough time to do it all.

Welcome aboard.

Reenie:Pinkbounc :bounce: < days getting closer

winnyis
06-04-2004, 08:27 AM
Glad to see you joined us Sgt Jeff.... I also have a 9 year old DD and 6 year old DS and will be right down the hall from you in 5522.

ThreeCircles
06-04-2004, 10:22 AM
I'll second all of the welcomes Sgt. Jeff! :)

Bobby--

Thanks for the offer to print the name tags! And at such a low price too; only a few beers! :) I actually spoke with Travis's mom last night and she said it would be fine if we used her printer. So, if everything goes , we should have the name tags in color.

Doreen--

I'm the one with the Mickey shirt on. Travis is to Pluto's right and the one with the plain white t-shirt. He actually has his own Dis screen name, DisneyMagicTravis, but doesn't post quite as often as I do. :teeth: He'll probably begin to post more as the cruise date approaches though.

Jason

sandygirl
06-04-2004, 12:53 PM
Welcome Sgt. Jeff and family!

SeaSpray
06-04-2004, 03:31 PM
Hi everyone! :wave2: And welcome, Sgt. Jeff :sunny:

I can't believe it's only 12 weeks away! :boat:

Mjasp
06-04-2004, 03:47 PM
I was waiting for this weeks countdown. Just stopping in the house, was at field day all day, now going to get my nails done then off to budget meeting. Am enjoying this day off with a passion LOL

I thought it was going to be 14 weeks, am pleasantly surprised with 12 weeks.

Talk to you all later

Joanna

xABearx
06-04-2004, 10:58 PM
12 Weeks to go

Well, we're about 12 weeks to go and 8/28 will be here before you know it, hope everyone is doing ok and looking forward to the day we pull out of PC ...... Andy

turtlekrawl
06-05-2004, 11:46 AM
Hi All!

Sorry I haven't posted for a while....planning for two trips so close together takes a lot more time than I thought, not that I'm complaining :goodvibes

Looks like we're going to have a big group on our cruise! We'll be staying at the Hyatt at MCO on Friday the 27th, anyone else? We were able to get a terrific rate on Hotwire for two connecting rooms.

Jason: The nametags look great! If you need help or anything, let me know.

We're thinking of doing the Tulum Ruins too, but I think it will be too long for our 7 year old, Alec. But I'm not sure we want him to be in the club for so long either.....

Has there been any consensus on a DisMeet on the Magic?

Jim

ThreeCircles
06-05-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by turtlekrawl
Has there been any consensus on a DisMeet on the Magic?

Jim and all--

I don't think we have formally decided on a time and location for the Dis Meet yet. But, since you brought up the subject, I think it would be a great time to discuss it!

As I mentioned before, we can easily put a poll up on ***************** if we have multiple suggestions. That way, we can see when and where the majority would like to meet.

Let's all post our suggestions for the poll:

I would like to propose the Promenade Lounge just after the lifeboat drill.

The Promenade Lounge is a large enough space to accommodate our group and has both standing room, as well as tables and chairs; it's indoors just in case the weather doesn't cooperate; it's easy to locate and not in the path of any major crowds; its quiet; and, best of all for some, it has a bar! :)

The time-slot after the lifeboat drill would give us about 15 to 20 minutes or so before the Sail Away Celebration. This doesn't seem like a lot of time but it works because people tend to migrate up to the party in groups. Also, the shorter time-period can be less intimidating for those who tend to be shy. :)

So, let's hear all of the other suggestions! We can aim to have the poll up by the beginning of July and allow a week or two for voting. That way, by mid July we should be all set with our time and date for the Dis Meet!

Let me know if this plan sounds OK with all of you.

Jason

MoranClan
06-05-2004, 01:12 PM
Hey Gang..

I know its 12 weeks away, But we were trying on our clothes today..

PHEW :cheer2:

MY SUIT FITS..

Gained some weight since I last Wore it..hehe

I do have a question..

I do not get Dressed up that Often..

For the Formal Dinners..Can I wear a Black and White pooh or Mickey tie?..

Any Help would be appreciated

As far as the Dis meet on the cruise goes..Im up for anything..

lynr
06-05-2004, 01:20 PM
MoranClan:

The tie sounds great. My husband has a black and white mickey vest that he wears with his tux on formal nights. On the last cruise I saw quite a few Mickey Bow ties, ties and vests.

Ebay has quite a lot of these items from time to time if anyone is interested.

Lyn

ThreeCircles
06-05-2004, 01:29 PM
Bobby--

I'd say the tie would be most appropriate. Especially given the fact that it's Mickey's ship and all. ::yes::

MoranClan
06-05-2004, 01:33 PM
Thanks..

I do not have a Tux, But my suit Looks like one..

So I will get the Black and White mickey tie..hehe

ThreeCircles
06-05-2004, 01:42 PM
Not to worry. While you probably will see quite a few tuxedos on formal night, you'll see more suits than anything.

Travis and I have always opted for suits on both formal and semi-formal night. When we went to purchase them for our first seven-night cruise we also considered tuxedos but figured we would get much more use out of standard suits.

Besides, I can't tie a bow tie!

SeaSpray
06-05-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by ************
Let's all post our suggestions for the poll:

I would like to propose the Promenade Lounge just after the lifeboat drill.

The Promenade Lounge is a large enough space to accommodate our group and has both standing room, as well as tables and chairs; it's indoors just in case the weather doesn't cooperate; it's easy to locate and not in the path of any major crowds; its quiet; and, best of all for some, it has a bar! :)

The time-slot after the lifeboat drill would give us about 15 to 20 minutes or so before the Sail Away Celebration. This doesn't seem like a lot of time but it works because people tend to migrate up to the party in groups. Also, the shorter time-period can be less intimidating for those who tend to be shy. :)

So, let's hear all of the other suggestions! We can aim to have the poll up by the beginning of July and allow a week or two for voting. That way, by mid July we should be all set with our time and date for the Dis Meet!

Let me know if this plan sounds OK with all of you.

Jason

Your idea for the Promenade Lounge sounds good. I think a poll is a great idea, too, so we can choose from whatever other ideas people may have. :)

MoranClan
06-05-2004, 01:49 PM
HAHA

I cant tie a regular tie either..

Never had to learn..Oh well..

Will figure something out onboard.,,

I know I know

Im 34 and I cant tie a tie..hahahahaahha

Ive always worked in a non professional atmosphere..

I Never had to wear a tie..Everytime I needed too my Dad did it..

ThreeCircles
06-05-2004, 02:25 PM
Well, I can tie a regular tie. Or, I should say that I can tie a regular tie somewhat. They don't always look the best but they work. :)

I have a personal "Two-try" rule. I tie the tie once and if looks really bad I can try it again. The only catch is that I go with however it turns out the second time around. So, if it looks even worse than the first try, I'm stuck with it! :p

Like the new graphic Bobby!

Mjasp
06-05-2004, 04:46 PM
I go to field day for a few hours, get back on the next day and you all had a field day posting. I like the idea of the promenade lounge in case of bad weather. I'm assuming that you have done DIS meets there before within that time frame and it has worked out good.

I have been thinking of excursions and this week LOL I am thinking of...................

Key West...Glass Bottom Catamaran tour then off to Keno's sandals

Grand Cayman...I want to go to Hell and back

Cozumel...Mr. Sanchos for us

Castaway Cay...If I am courageous Parasailing tandem with DD8 while DD12 sails alone OR if I chicken out paddle boats for 4 LOL What a difference.

Hope everyone is enjoying this cool weather.

Joanna

Mary Anne
06-05-2004, 06:15 PM
Goodness, I get a life for a couple of days and no way can I keep up! :wave2:

Can't believe we're at the 12 week mark. I'm starting to panic so much to do, so little time.

admepo
06-05-2004, 07:06 PM
The poll for the DIS meet sounds like a great idea. I don't have any suggestions for the meet since this is our first cruise, so we will see what winds up on there! My only concern is having enough time after the lifeboat drill to dump the life jacket back in my room! :)

We have also been looking at excursions trying to finalize our selections before actually having to call to book them. On the 60 Day mark - what hours can I call during???? Actually what I want to know is what is the earliest????? My kids are up at 5:30am EVERY morning so the early am hours aren't a problem for me. (Looking forward to the cruise and sleeping in until at least 8am some days!!! :) ) Is it a good idea to choose secondary excursions and give them to DCL? We are thinking about these:

Key West: Sail, Kayak and Snorkel

Grand Cayman: Aquaboat and snorkel

Cozumel: Tulum Ruins

Castaway Cay: Waverunners and bikes and snorkeling

So do secondary choices seem necessary? I don't think we chose anything that was listed as extremely popular although I realize space is limited on all excursions.

Thank you for your help with my new questions! :)

Melanie

Reenieny18
06-05-2004, 08:58 PM
Moran Clan: Ties are easy. My son learned to tie a tie in about 2 weeks. I sent him to a pvt school and he had no choice,,lol

Jason: they make bow ties with clips on the back,,lol But I bet the suits look real sexy too. My hubbie and son will wear a suit as well. But, a MICKEY orWinnie the Pooh tie sounds even better.

Any past cruisers know if they have Pooh or Donald duck on board? they are favorties around here.

I just found out I have to go to Indiana in JULY... that gives me a taste of the sun and hot weather before we go. New York has been so wet and cold so far this SRPING!

PROMENADE sounds good. Since I never went there before. We are game for anything.. but are kids included?? 11 and 15.

Has anyone else read the bookPassporters Field Guide to DCL ? It does a great job about the Excursions/ Check it out at http://WWW.PASSPORTER.COM (http://) ..

Take care

Reenie

:grouphug: hug to all

MoranClan
06-05-2004, 09:02 PM
hey all..

This is what We are planning

Key West...We have No idea yet..hehe

Grand Cayman...I want to bring My family to Hell, and the Turtle farm

Cozumel...Jeep Safari"Booked and Paid", Shopping..

Castaway Cay...Parasailing for me...Maybe DW and DD..Snorkling..

I cant wait to go..NEED A VACATION..80 hours a week is killing me..

P.S. How much Beverages can I bring on board?..1/2 keg of beer?..1/4 keg..hahahaha

Party in our room..

But serious..is there a limit..

Thanks

:rockband: :drinking1

ThreeCircles
06-05-2004, 09:35 PM
Reenie--

Hmmm... Clip on bow ties. Don't know why I didn't think about those! You'll see lots of Donald onboard. I've seen him in his DCL sailor outfit, tropical outfit at the Character Breakfast, and in his tux on formal night. Daisy accompanies him during formal night from what I remember. I can't recall seeing Pooh but I would bet he is indeed onboard.

Bobby--

DCL doesn't limit the amount of drinks you can bring onboard. They do ask that it all be brought on in the carry-ons and not in the packed luggage. But, they don't specify a limit.

And All-- :)

We too are in the process of finalizing our excursion selection. We will do Tulum in Cozumel, head back for a shower afterwards, and then probably stop by Senior Frogs or Carlos N' Charles for, of course, a margarita! (Tequila is my favorite hard liquor so it works for me!)

In Key West we're still looking for others to join us in the Scavenger Hunt. If we don't end up with a group from here we'll probably just join the regular group. Afterwards we'll probably visit the Hemingway House and some other attractions.

Grand Cayman is up in the air still.

Castaway Cay is our rest and relaxation stop. Just enjoying the beach, crystal clear water, and the peace and quiet of being away from the real world. We generally bring our own snorkel equipment and snorkle around Serenity Bay.

Mary Anne
06-05-2004, 10:34 PM
A word about bringing your own spirits on board.

I'm sure you can bring all you want, however, make sure you drink it all while you're on vacation. If you bring it back into the good old USA, you'll pay a tax on it if it is over your permitted limit. They don't care if you bought it here to begin with or not.

Right now, I'm just trying to get through then next couple of weeks with year end school projects, tests and 8th grade gradution. Then, once we get past 4th of July, I'm starting to do my vacation cleaning and pre-packing! I vow to be ready by the week before this year.

Any of our New York kids taking any regents this time. We're doing Global History and Earth Science. Not at all worried about the Earth Science one, expecting well into the 90's on that one. Global, I told him just get a 65 and I'll be happy. We've had two terrible history teachers the past two years and I feel we're going to pay for it now.

Also, I know for a fact that Donald was on the ship 4 years ago. I have pictures of my boys with him.

winnyis
06-06-2004, 08:55 AM
Good Morning everyone.

This is what We are planning as far as excursions

Key West... Rent one of those 4 person electric cars and ride around on our own.

Grand Cayman...Hell and Turtle Farm tour with Captain Marvins

Cozumel... Jewlery Shopping for my 40th birthday present and hopefully Mr. Sanchos if we have time..

Castaway Cay....Snorkling. and devising a plan on how to stay onboard for an extra week.

One note about alcohol... dont worry too much about the duty that they charge if you go over your limit... DH and I always stock up and we have never paid any duty... we always claim it but they tell us never mind... last time we had 9 bottles of tequila, grey goose, baileys etc...

As far as bringing it on board.. we have a soft sided cooler on wheels and we always bring at least a case of corona in cans for my DH. Room stewards have always been great about keeping it on ice for us. You can also purchase it in the ports and bring it back on the ship with you for consumption... we have also done that when the original supply was gone...

Ginny

MoranClan
06-06-2004, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the replays..

What I plan on bringing is some wine, Diet Pepsi, and bottled water..Not too Much..

I will purchase the disney Beer Glass, Because I like Cold Tap Beer.. :drinking1

Been up since 5:30 am browsing sites for the cruise..

WE CANT WAIT

Can anyone let me know what in involved in the Key West Scavanger hunt?..And can my Kids come along..

Also for the Dis Meet on board the first day..Kids are welcome right?..

Thanks

winnyis
06-06-2004, 08:59 AM
Bobby - yes kids are welcome at the DISmeet..

As far as the key west scavenger hunt.... just a warning.. it is brutally hot in Key West in August.. we were there two years ago same week and my kids were miserable....

SeaSpray
06-06-2004, 09:31 AM
Here are the excursions that I have planned, as of now. They are subject to change, although the Tulum Ruins is one that we are definitely doing.

Key West: Western Union Schooner

Grand Cayman: Nautilus Semi-sub

Cozumel: Tulum ruins, (and DSs will probably do the Teen Catamaran excursion in the evening).

Castaway Cay: Banana Boat, Hobi Cat, snorkeling on our own, and some BEACH TIME!! :sunny: DH and DSs aren't really "beach people", so this will probably be my only beach day. I hope we have great weather that day. We may consider the waverunner excursion for DS16, if he wants to do that.

Reenieny18
06-06-2004, 11:25 AM
9 bottles on board?? Last time I went to Cozamel, We brought back mexican whiskey,, and it was real FINE!!!

I vote for the diet pepsi,,, couldnt wait to get to a port and get a REAL SODA,,lol

What kind of cup or glass do you put your own alcohol in?:drinking1: And they really don't bother you about drinking your own stuff? I can see it now,... every 20 minutes I have to leave to go back to the room for a refill? You don't bring your coolers on deck do you??lol

Excursions for 5
KEY WEST I have family there, so they are going to show us the town.

GRAND CAYMEN Shipwreck and snorkel. ( son never snorkeled and neither did my sister).

COZUMEL Cozumal beach break and of course SHOPPING.!!!!:cloud9:

What is Senior Frogs or Carlos N' Charles and how do you get to HELL??? can taxis hold 5??

A new week, more days gone WAHOOO

Reenie

MoranClan
06-06-2004, 11:27 AM
Hey Gang..

Does anyone know how far in advance I can book the Cabana Massage on Castaway Cay?...

Something I want to do badly..

I cant believe its June 6, and its 54 degress outside..

What is the best Dinner to miss for Palos?..

And we are still trying to get early seating..so far no confirmation yet..

Anyone who lives on or near long island..Lets do a pre cruise BBQ..

Woo Hoo

My house is open..

Bobby

Reenieny18
06-06-2004, 11:40 AM
Is Syracuse close to your house,,lol BBQ sounds good.

Castaway Cay we will do parasailing, banana boat and fun in the sun. Sister will do the cabana message.... That is her whole highlight to the cruise.

Anyone know of any 45+single men on board>??? Sister needs company,,lol
She will kill me if she ever sees this.lol

Reenie

:Pinkbounc :bounce::Pinkbounc :bounce:

Mary Anne
06-06-2004, 11:50 AM
I know what you mean Bobby, I was at the Met game yesterday, June 6th in a winter coat. Not fair.

We plan on missing the dinner at Parrot Cay to eat at Polo's, the normal rotation dinner, not the Tropicalla one. We found that to be the least favorite dinner of our last 7 day Disney cruise.

ThreeCircles
06-06-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by MoranClan
Can anyone let me know what in involved in the Key West Scavanger hunt?..And can my Kids come along..

Bobby--

You can find information on the Great Scavenger Hunt on <a href="http://**********************">*****************</a>. I posted an e-mail that the company send me regarding the hunt and I also have a link to their web site.

As Ginny mentioned, it is going to be hot but the hunt actually isn't too long (about 2 to 3 hours) and from what I understand you visit a ton of the local attractons which are air conditioned. They even have a "Best of Key West" bars scavenger hunt. :)

All--

It's cool to read about all of the plans everyone has made for excursions. It makes me want to do them all! ::yes:: Has anyone figured out the 60-day mark? I need to get my excursion e-mail all sent to mail in.

MoranClan
06-06-2004, 12:54 PM
Hey Gang..

is anyone doing the Jeep safari on Cozumel?

We are, and was wondering if we will have company..

I booked outside of DCL due to the fact DCL wouldnt let me 5 year old son go..

Sherri Davis, Owner
www.cozumelinsider.com

She Is fantastic and great to deal with..

We will pick up the Jeep at:
TOUR MEETING POINT: BURGER KING ~ AT BACK OF PUNTA LANGOSTA CRUISE SHIP PIER

anyone know where that is?..hehe

Mjasp
06-06-2004, 01:24 PM
Yeah when is the 60 day mark, anyone know what date it is?

MoranClan
06-06-2004, 01:28 PM
I juet Used my Priority seating program this is what It came up with..

You can make your 60 Day Priority Seatings on 06/29/2004

Hope that helps..

Now what can I book with that..shore excursions only like parasailing on CC, or massages on CC..

Also do I contact my TA or someone else..

Last time we cruised we didnt do anything so Im not sure how to contact disney..

Thanks

MoranClan
06-06-2004, 01:56 PM
hey Everyone..

I know I know..Im bored as Heck today..

Fell at work on Friday, elbow Chipped and needed stitches..

Didnt get the Stitches due to the fact I cant miss work...Oh well..

I made my Own butterfly stitches..so far after 10:00am Friday..Minimal bleeding still..

Was going through some pictures from our First Cruise..

I found a picture I took with a hidden mickey on Castaway Cay..

any more out there..Lets post em..

http://www167.pair.com/rjmweb/disney/cruise/dcl001.jpg

MoranClan
06-06-2004, 02:03 PM
If my wife finds out I posted this Im dead... :earseek:

She was Very Pregnant..hehe

http://www167.pair.com/rjmweb/disney/cruise/dcl1001.jpg

SeaSpray
06-06-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by MoranClan
hey Everyone..

I know I know..Im bored as Heck today..

Fell at work on Friday, elbow Chipped and needed stitches..

Didnt get the Stitches due to the fact I cant miss work...Oh well..

I made my Own butterfly stitches..so far after 10:00am Friday..Minimal bleeding still..

Was going through some pictures from our First Cruise..

I found a picture I took with a hidden mickey on Castaway Cay..

any more out there..Lets post em..

http://www167.pair.com/rjmweb/disney/cruise/dcl001.jpg

Sorry to hear about your elbow :( I hope it heals soon. That's a cool picture of a hidden Mickey though :)

ThreeCircles
06-06-2004, 02:19 PM
Thanks for determining the 60 day mark. All shore excursions can be booked on or after that day. The massages on Castaway Cay are actually considered a Vista Spa treatment rather than an excursion. Unless you book a Romantic Escape at Sea Package or are staying in a concierge level stateroom you won't be able to book spa treatments until you board.

Shore excursions are really easy to book and you can do so by a number of different approaches. Here's the official info from the Disney Cruise Line website:

Shore Excursion Request

Three easy ways to reserve your shore excursions:

Call the Special Services Desk at (877) 566-0968†.

E-mail your shore excursion requests along with your name and reservation number to dcl.shore.excursions@disneycruise.com*

Click here to download and print a PDF of the Shore Excursion Request Form. Then fill out the form completely and fax to (407) 566-7031† .

Shore excursions can be made within 60 days prior to sailing. Some excursions have capacity limits so be sure to make your request early. Reservations are taken on a first come first served basis. You can alter your shore excursion requests anytime up to two (2) days prior to sailing. You should note that after that time, no new excursion reservations can be made and all existing shore excursion reservations are considered final and unfortunately cannot be changed or refunded. Of course if you decide not to pre-reserve shore excursions prior to your cruise, you can still stop by the ship's Shore Excursion Desk, located on Deck 3, on embarkation day, to check availability and purchase excursions. But remember, some excursions may already be full and therefore unavailable.

When your shore excursion is pre-reserved, you will receive excursion tickets delivered to your stateroom on embarkation day. Payment for confirmed excursions is conveniently billed directly to your shipboard account. We unfortunately will not be able to accept payment in advance.

*We are unable to accept attachments with email requests. Please provide the required detail from the Excursion Request Form into a text email.

† If you are not 18 years of age or older, you must have your parent or guardian's permission to dial this number.

We have always e-mailed our excursion requests in and never had a problem with availability. Generally, we e-mail them in with a month or less prior to sailing. DCL has always been great about sending an e-mail confirmation 2-3 days later and then another confirmation letter through regular post.

As far as the Burger King, I don’t think you will have any trouble finding it. From what I remember, it is right on the main street that runs along the coast. The street isn’t far from the dock at all and it should probably only take you 10-15 minutes to walk there.

MoranClan
06-06-2004, 02:52 PM
i want to see what my dh has been up to for the last week.... he comes down to visit us and then runs back up to read and post!

Nice to meet everyone ... please ignore the very pregnant picture !!!!!!!!!!!:flower3:

ThreeCircles
06-06-2004, 02:55 PM
Hello and welcome Cindy!

We have to warn you that these boards can be somewhat addicting. (And I'm sure your husband can vouch for this! :) )

winnyis
06-06-2004, 03:22 PM
wanted to say thanks for the idea of contacting the resort in Grand Cayman ahead of time about the tile of my brother and SIL's wedding. They were wonderful about it - actually said a few people still rememebered the wedding -- probably because my brother was 6'7" and hard to forget.

Anyway they are having a tile made for me and will ship it to me. I should have it within 2-3 weeks. And they are only charging me $62 plus the cost of fedex.... much better than I expected.

Now I dont have to worry about running around trying to find this place while we are there in August and I will have something that will bring a smile to my SIL's face very soon.

Ginny

ThreeCircles
06-06-2004, 04:28 PM
Hello all--

I'm sure you may have seen this on the main Disney Cruise Line forum but I wanted to post it here too.

If you're a fan of hearing your favorite Disney tunes on the cruise, you might want to send DCL an e-mail concerning their recent change.

<a href="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=582491">Music in the Halls</a>.

Here is the <a href="http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/disneycruiseline/special/contactus/contactusindex?id=ContactUs">Contact Us</a> page at the Disney Cruise Line website.

MoranClan
06-06-2004, 05:26 PM
What is a good time to head over to the terminal from the Radisson..

I called and reserved 11:00 I Think..:confused:

They said I can call back if there was another time I wanted..

winnyis
06-06-2004, 05:28 PM
Bobby - the first shuttle is at 10:30 - a bunch of us are booked for that one...

Ginny

admepo
06-06-2004, 05:46 PM
Wow! I went to two birthday parties this weekend come home and there are 3 pages of unread posts waiting for me!!!! Everyone seems to have been busy!!!!!!!!! I have to admit I love coming on here and reading what everyone is up to. It is definitely an addiction. Adam comes home from work each day now and will ask me at dinner "So what did you learn from the boards today???" It is so exciting and I can't wait to go. Sounds like lots of people are looking into the Tulum ruins. It will be nice to see some familiar faces which I hope will happen often on both excursions and around the ship in general! I see some people on Deck 2 with us and hopefully we will see some of you on our dining rotation too. I feel for you guys who are up north. My father lives in CT and has been telling us about the weather. We just moved back to FL after being in NJ for a few years in 2002. I can't say I miss the weather there at all! But just think you will all be in the warmth very soon! Another great reason to be excited! :)

Bobby hope your elbow is ok! Ouch!

Everyone enjoy what is left of the weekend!

Melanie

SeaSpray
06-06-2004, 06:07 PM
wanted to say thanks for the idea of contacting the resort in Grand Cayman ahead of time about the tile of my brother and SIL's wedding. They were wonderful about it - actually said a few people still rememebered the wedding -- probably because my brother was 6'7" and hard to forget.

Anyway they are having a tile made for me and will ship it to me. I should have it within 2-3 weeks. And they are only charging me $62 plus the cost of fedex.... much better than I expected.

Now I dont have to worry about running around trying to find this place while we are there in August and I will have something that will bring a smile to my SIL's face very soon.

Ginny

You're welcome, Ginny. I'm so happy that the resort is making a tile for you, so you can give it to your SIL. I know it'll mean so much to her, I can't imagine how surprised she'll be to see it.

Mjasp
06-06-2004, 06:13 PM
OMG I go have dinner come in and a full page is up (I'm lovin' this)

Cindy...In your pregnant picture OMG Jessie looks just like you.

Ginny...So happy to hear about the tile. :)

Bobby...Hope your elbow is better.

Talk to you all later

Joanna

ThreeCircles
06-06-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by admepo
Wow! I went to two birthday parties this weekend come home and there are 3 pages of unread posts waiting for me!!!! Everyone seems to have been busy!!!!!!!!!

It's quite fun when things get hopping on the cruise meet threads. ::yes::

I'm sure we'll have more cruisers turn up as the sailing date gets closer.

MoranClan
06-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Anyone know what time the Magic Leaves Mallory square..

I have the live web cam on and want to watch it leave..

I know I know..Im really bored today :tongue:

called the Radisson and rescheduled for 10:30 shuttle..

We may arrive thursday evening and stay there 2 nights..not sure yet..

Cozumel..Says the ship docks at 10:30....Is that Eastern or Central time?..

Makes a Huge Difference for Us..

Thanks

winnyis
06-06-2004, 08:21 PM
The Magic leaves Key West @ 10:15pm

ThreeCircles
06-06-2004, 11:07 PM
Ginny--

I meant to ask you, was the picture on the site OK?

Jason

winnyis
06-07-2004, 06:20 AM
in and refreshed as you suggested. Thanks!

Ginny

Reenieny18
06-07-2004, 07:09 AM
We are in the cabin behind you.. My daughter is looking for more teens to get to know.

Seaspray: I dont know your first name.. but have your sons been on line lately? She is worried she wont know people like I seem to know this board.

Moranclan: how is the elbow doing???

Anyone with AIM or AOL with teens feel free to IM my kids. I am REENIENY and Daughter is JAX2418 and son PUNCHBUGGYDJ..

Kids are busy with finals as well here in NY State. Jaclyn takes Earth Science. She just had her Lab regents.

Off to start the day. :wave2: Can't wait to read more. Have a great day everyone.

LESS than 80 days till we leave for FLORIDA :goodvibes

Reenie

SeaSpray
06-07-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Reenieny18

Seaspray: I dont know your first name.. but have your sons been on line lately? She is worried she wont know people like I seem to know this board.

Moranclan: how is the elbow doing???

Anyone with AIM or AOL with teens feel free to IM my kids. I am REENIENY and Daughter is JAX2418 and son PUNCHBUGGYDJ..

Kids are busy with finals as well here in NY State. Jaclyn takes Earth Science. She just had her Lab regents.

Off to start the day. :wave2: Can't wait to read more. Have a great day everyone.

LESS than 80 days till we leave for FLORIDA :goodvibes

Reenie

Hi Reenie:

My first name is Terry. I probably should add that to my signature line. lol

DS16, Craig, has been busy lately. He still has about 2 weeks left of school and has been taking Driver's Ed after school a couple days a week, he doesn't get home till around 6:30pm. I will tell him to get himself online though! I know he'd like to get to know some teens before the cruise too. I can give you their email addresses too, if your kids want to email. That way they won't miss each other on IM. Let me know! :)

lynr
06-07-2004, 08:11 AM
Reenie:

My son is 17 and this is our 5th cruise.

We are going mostly because of Matt, he just loves the teen group and this would be his last year because of his age. He still keeps in touch with kids he met all the way back to our year 2000 cruise.

We can't wait. We are in cabin 6034.

Lyn:Pinkbounc :tongue: :bounce:

pattiteach
06-07-2004, 01:38 PM
This is my family's first time ever trip. We are so excited!!!! My DH and I have never taken a trip together, and are celebrating our 10yr. anniversary. I can't wait!!! We are suprising our children and not telling them until the day we leave.

ThreeCircles
06-07-2004, 02:18 PM
Hello and welcome Pattiteach--

We're glad to see that you'll be cruising with us! We've become a pretty active bunch the past couple of days so please feel free to jump in with any questions or comments you may have.

We have set up a Disney Magic August 28th Cruise Site at <a href="http://**********************">*****************</a> if you want to check it out. You can learn a little bit about your fellow cruisers. You know, which ones are the crazies :crazy: and should be avoided at all costs while onboard. :teeth:

Please feel free to send in your info to the site as well. We'll have it posted before you know it.

Mjasp also has a great, quick-reference list on the first page of this thread. You can learn a lot about your fellow August 28th Cruisers there as well!

Talk to you soon,
Jason

Reenieny18
06-07-2004, 02:56 PM
Terry, now I don't have to call you SEASPRAY, lol i can see it now on the cruise.. I will be calling everyone by their screen names.... I am so bad at names anyway. So EVERYONE please forgive me now.

Melanie: We have sun :sunny: today and maybe will get to 90* tomorrow, need to work on the tan. Thanks for feeling our pain.

Lyn my daughter is looking forward to meeting teens as well. We have cabins 6043 and 6045. Thats great that he still talks to friends from 4 yrs ago. Does he do the teen only excursions too? Her pic is on Jason's 3 circles site.

Pattiteach: welcome to the boards. I think I am one of the crazies Jason was refering to:( :crazy: . Read the boards often since we add so much and you may have 3 pages to read within a few hours. You have children and how old? I have a 11 yr old boy as well as a 15 yr old daughter.

I have a question though... when should we expect our paperwork and tickets for the cruise??
Getting to excited.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Reenie

Mjasp
06-07-2004, 04:29 PM
Pattiteach...Welcome to our 8/28/04 cruise thread. I can add your family to the first page if you'd like, just tell me who will be sailing with you. Check out ********************** for more cruising info.

ALSO...Anyone else that wants to add the hotel they will be staying in pre night, let me know and I will add it.

Getting warm here.

Joanna

ThreeCircles
06-07-2004, 04:37 PM
:bounce: We've added new cruisers to the Disney Magic August 28th Cruise Site!!! :Pinkbounc

admepo
06-07-2004, 05:34 PM
Reenie: Glad to see the sunshine will be coming your way. The sky has just turned black here...we are in for one doozy of a thunderstorm! But that is one of the things I love about FL is the awesome thunderstorms!

Pattiteach - WELCOME :wave: This is a great group! Can't wait to meet everyone!

My husband and I are kicking around possibly staying near the Port overnight so we don't have to worry about the drive there on Saturday morning (we are about 3hours southwest of Orlando). Between traffic and the neverending FL interstate constructions we want to be safe to get there early and enjoy as much as possible! I see everyone mentioning the Radisson, but what other hotels are there nearby that are decent?

THANKS!!!

Melanie

winnyis
06-07-2004, 05:45 PM
Melanie where on the west coast are you from... My best friend of 20 years moved down to Nokomis (Sarasota County) about two years ago and LOVES IT. I keep hoping that my DH can find a job in FL without taking a huge paycut so I can move there too.

GInny

ThreeCircles
06-07-2004, 05:51 PM
Melanie--

Can you send some of that rain over to Clearwater? It got black and windy here about an hour ago but did absolutely nothing! Now the sun is out again and my lawn is thirsty. :mad:

I know what you mean about Florida's legendary interstate. I-4 is such a pain! We'll be driving up the morning of though. We usually make sure we leave here by 7:15 or so and that usually gets us to the port by 10 or shortly after.

Lyn--

I got you pic and it should work fine. I'll just crop it a bit.

MoranClan
06-07-2004, 06:36 PM
Hello Everyone..

Welcome New Cruises.. :wave:

Waited till 10:45 last night to watch the Magic pull out of Mallory and it didnt leave yet?..

Is that normal to leave so late?..

Elbow is doing better Thanks for all who have asked...

Came home early from work today, and may miss tomorrow.

I didnt think it would hurt but it did today... :(

Has anyone taken the Romantic Escape at Sea?..

I think its worth the money..And with this package can we eat at palos 2 times 1 by ourselves and 1 with our group?..

Thanks

DARWIN91
06-07-2004, 09:56 PM
I think you can eat at Palos as many times as you want as long as you book the ressie. It doesn't matter if you have the package.

Mary Anne
06-07-2004, 10:09 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought you could only book one lunch and one brunch and then if you wanted more you went on a waiting list. I could be wrong though. Perhaps with the REAS package it is different.

DARWIN91
06-07-2004, 10:15 PM
Sorry I was talking about dinner. Maybe I am wrong though!

Mary Anne
06-07-2004, 10:24 PM
Actually, I'm half wrong too, I meant dinner and brunch, not lunch.

I'm fried tonight, we've been working on a Pearl Harbor paper for days now. Excactly WHEN is school over?????

ThreeCircles
06-07-2004, 10:29 PM
We actually asked this question in May to clarify conflicting stories that we had heard on the Dis Boards.

As it turns out, you are allowed to pre-book one dinner, one High Tea, and one Champagne Brunch at the beginning of the cruise. However, you can actually eat there as many times as they have space for you.

So, if you scheduled your one dinner allotment for Sunday, ate there on Sunday, and then called on Monday night and they had open tables you could eat there again. In fact, Nick, the manager of Palo in May, said that you could eat there every night if you wished but you would have to call that evening and ask if they had a table open.

Mary Anne
06-07-2004, 10:51 PM
Thanks Three Circles! That makes sense.

I really only want to do Dinner once, but I'd really like the Brunch twice if I could. We're at least going to try!

Is the High Tea worth it? I'd like to try it but not sure if DH would be interested in it. If I could get in do you think they'd say anything if I went alone?

ThreeCircles
06-08-2004, 12:33 AM
Mary Anne--

Well, brunch may be a bit more difficult to do twice simply because it's only offered on three days as compared to dinner which is offered seven. But, if you want to do it twice it's worth a try! (You could also ask about the policy when you make your reservation too. They may have some suggestions about how to get back in for a second brunch.)

Travis and I both really like High Tea a lot. It's more of a conversation type deal than anything but it's a lot of fun. If your DH decides it's not for him you're more than welcome to join us. Or, if you prefer, you could do it on your own too. Palo would have no problem with this at all. In fact, I've seen individuals dining alone for dinner and brunch at Palo. Although I've never done it, from what others have said, the servers will spend more time with single diners, talking to them and such.

I noticed you're not listed at *****************, Mary Anne! Please check it out and send in your info if you like. I'm going to be making the nametags for the Dis meet from this list and I don't want to miss anyone. :(

OK, it's way late here (12:32 A.M.) and I need to get to bed! Talk to you soon,

Jason

admepo
06-08-2004, 06:44 AM
HI everyone! :wave:

Ginny: I live in Cape Coral in Lee County which is about an hour south of Sarasota. Largest city in Florida now! Little tidbit for you. We had moved out of Cape Coral to NJ a few years ago but we are back here now. Luckily my husband is an architectural draftsman and doesn't wind up with a pay cut from area to area. Hopefully your DH can find something good around here eventually. Sarasota area is really nice. I love Siesta Key over there - beach area - absolutely like paradise!

Jason: That was on heck of a storm last night! My lawn isn't even what you could call green anymore :( but my landscaping service seems to think it will get better when rainy season actually starts! That storm blew over my netted gazebo right into our fence! I was so happy it wasn't ruined - we keep some of the little ones outdoor stuff under there to keep them out of the sun. My husband lived in Clearwater and Tampa area growing up and some years in high school around there too before he moved to Cape Coral! I went to college in Lakeland and always hung out in Clearwater - beautiful there and always fun!

Bobby - We booked REAS package for our trip. Haven't tried it before but if you are your wife are interested in a coupes massage on the ship - the price for REAS at $299 for everything is only a little more money than just the couples massage at the spa whereas it is included in your package! Just a thought for you.

OK - this post is LONG enough! :rolleyes: Will "talk" to you all later!

Melanie

MoranClan
06-08-2004, 02:56 PM
Hey Everyone..

We Booked the REAS Today..

Was told Disney will call about 1 week before the cruise to get our times for Palo's and our massages..

Joanna..

What night do you want to do palos?..and do you know what rotation we are on?.

I am going to Try and Book Palos for our Entire party when I book with Disney...Let me know..

MoranClan
06-08-2004, 04:29 PM
Ok..Some more questions..

How Large of a carry on Bag is permitted?..

I was planning on a medium sized suitcase with wheels..

The Wine and Soda will be heavy..hahahaahah

Please let me know

Thanks

Karel
06-08-2004, 04:59 PM
Carry on for the cruise?

Anyway, we may be paid in full or we may not. I received my Disney Visa in the mail yesterday so giddy with excitement (not a pretty site) I called All Seasons to pay in the full.

It was THE strangest phone call. I'm not sure the woman knew what she was talking about. She kept asking me for the three additional numbers on the signing strip? She never told me what the balance due was. I told her we had two cabins booked, one in my name and one in my husband's and she's like, I don't know anything about that. She asked if I had received a phone call and I said no but we got email about three weeks ago. You'd think she be jumping for joy that I wanted to pay early. (I'm petrified I'm gonna screw it up some how...) Terrible customer service.

I will call tomorrow and see if I can get it straightened out but I'm sort of disappointed at this point.
:confused:

Mjasp
06-08-2004, 05:38 PM
The 3 numbers on the back of the card alot of companies ask for it, its a security thing.

As far as your 2 rooms, sorry can't help you there. But I would call back and check up on it.

MoranClan
06-08-2004, 05:58 PM
Karel

There seems to be only one woman at allseas who is giving not so great service. Everyone else, especially Chuck is fantastic to deal with.

We called this morning and were told that we would not be able to book REAS until the week before the cruise, but then DH called back because he reads the boards so often he knew we could book now, or soon. He spoke with Patty @ allseas, and she took care of him immediately and apologized for the misunderstanding.

I think it all depends on if you are lucky enough to get a "good one" when you call. Even so if you have a problem or question you can ask for Chuck.....He's always a "good one" to speak with!

My DH is always reading and asking questions....sometimes I think he has more info than some of the TA's!

Cindy...... see you soon::MinnieMo

Caren90
06-08-2004, 06:02 PM
Wow this has been a busy place i can barely keep up.
I went ahead and booked an excursion with Cayman Island Watersports for swimming with the sting rays. Now I need to decide on Cozumel. I would really like to just go to a beach for the day. Has anyone done this or have any suggestions about what beach etc.. I saw some info on Mr. Sanchos but I have a feeling that it is not a "family" type place. Anyone with any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
My family is getting sooo excited, can't wait.
Caren:fish:

ThreeCircles
06-08-2004, 06:03 PM
I'm not 100% sure of the size limitations for carry ons but I do know that they have to be able to fit through the x-ray machine.

We generally use two Jan Sport backpacks.

Mjasp
06-08-2004, 06:10 PM
Caren...We plan on doing Mr. Sanchos. Carol (Darwin91) did Mr. Sanchos last time and we are going on her recommendation.

PRESSURE IS ON DARWIN LOL

MoranClan
06-08-2004, 06:29 PM
Hey Joanna..

here is a link I found with some good shots of CC parasailing, how high, and the size of the boats..

Hope it helps you Decide..

IM GOING:bounce:

http://members.fortunecity.com/panduitest/parasail.htm

ThreeCircles
06-08-2004, 06:30 PM
I've never experienced Mr. Sanchoes but we have visited Chankanabb park in Cozumel and had a really good time.

The entrance fee is about $10.00 per person and they have all sorts of things to do there. In addition to the beach they have walking trails, several restaurants and bars, miniture golf, and some wildlife shows. (Most of these things cost extra.)

The beach was pretty nice too.

Here's a report from another cruiser...

"We took a taxi to Chankanabb Marine park ($10 each way per taxi and $10 each for admission) The park is wonderful. Great snorkeling from the beach there was a Mayan statue underwater, and there is usually a statue of Christ (it had been temporally removed for cleaning)., not crowded at all, botanical gardens, and replicas of a Mayan village/ruins. The dolphin encounter is located here, and a sea lion show."

Mjasp
06-08-2004, 07:22 PM
Those pictures are awesome BUT it is making me second guess myself about going.

Jason...We went to Chankanaub last time. Eh, thought it was OK

admepo
06-08-2004, 07:35 PM
Bobby and Cindy - since you booked the REAS package you can call Debbie at any time 407-566-7411 to make your Palo dinner ressie, couples massage, and even Palo brunch ressies and request your dinner rotation. She is absolutely wonderful and so very helpful! Couple of tidbits - Your romantic turndown service will be the same night as your Palo dinner ressie, Debbie can't make other spa appointments for you only for your couples massage, and your champagne breakfast in bed is done by hanging a menu sign they give you on the door the night before you want it. Hope this is helpful! :) I know we are REALLY looking forward to enjoying this package...hope you do too!

Melanie

Mjasp
06-08-2004, 07:46 PM
I think I would really like to do this. DH does not want a massage. I would rather do a solo massage at home.

ALSO...Those pics of parasailing are quite nice, but NO life jackets?

SeaSpray
06-08-2004, 09:19 PM
Regarding the REAS: I made our reservations for this a few weeks ago and spoke to someone named Lisa. Lisa works with Debbie and was very nice and allowed me to make the spa, Palo dinner, brunch, AND High Tea reservations, as well as request a dining rotation :) She was very helpful in giving me tips on when to book the different times so that they didn't interfere with other things going on at the same time. So if you don't get to speak to Debbie directly, I can recommend speaking to Lisa, too :)

xABearx
06-08-2004, 09:25 PM
ALSO...Those pics of parasailing are quite nice, but NO life jackets?

You do have to wear a life jacket when you go up, we did this last year on CC and had a blast....it is so peaceful up in the air anywhere from 600 to 1000 feet up .... make sure you take a camera with you, preferably waterproof for some awesome pics ..... Andy

ThreeCircles
06-08-2004, 09:26 PM
Good evening everyone--

I was just looking over Joanna's Cruise List on page one to see who wasn't listed on *****************.

They are:

Caren90
Elke
Tonia
xAbearx
Bashful64
Mikesmom88
Trishamg
Cynditoo
Mary Anne
Zupzup
Sgt. Jeff

If you guys would like name tags for the Dis Meet I'll need you to send in the information for a listing on the site. There's no rush, considering we still have 80 days ;) , but I don't want to miss anyone when I print off the nametags.

Talk to you all soon,
Jason