PDA

View Full Version : Anguilla

anitad
06-04-2003, 10:05 AM
Does any one have experience on traveling to Anguilla and visiting the beaches at one of its resorts? In a letter published in a travel magazine a reader suggested a day trip to a resort as all of the beaches in Anguilla are open to the public. A quick search on the internet and I found Cap Juluca. I plan to call and inquire about its "rules" for day guests but was hoping to find some information from people that have done this. If you have played day guest at another Anguilla resort, I would be interested in that information also. Thank you.

AnnMorin
06-04-2003, 11:31 AM
There have been several discussions on doing Anguilla on one's own. If you do a search using that phrase you should be able to find one of the threads. It is not too hard. You need to take a boat from the french side of St. Maarten to get there it is about a 20 min ride. You can then get a cab and go directly to one of their beaches. We are going to do the dolphin/stingray encounter which goes to Anguilla, it is pricey but I think will be worth the money-also that way I know the ship will wait for me if there were any problems getting back.

DOOGIERUNNER
06-05-2003, 06:58 AM
We're doing this charter over to Anguilla on our June 14th cruise:

http://www.offshoresunsations.com/offshoresunsations/default.cfm

Can't wait!!!

dis4me
06-05-2003, 08:33 AM
DOOGIERUNNER
Please give us details when you return. I would love to do this on our November trip but I am worrried about gettign back safely/on time. We did ST John from St Thomas but we did a Disney excursion. Everyone says Anguilla is gorgeous.Have a great time.

Kabuli1
06-05-2003, 09:48 AM
Dis4me, Since we're on the same cruise, let's plan on doing Anguilla together. I hadn't decided (we've got time) whether to do the Disney excursion or something else.

Doggierunner, please please please come back and report on this!

Karyn

DOOGIERUNNER
06-05-2003, 02:11 PM
I will report. I've talked with the operator personally and have corresponded via e-mail serveral times. It sounds like a blast. We can't wait. The prices are $550 for 1/2 day and $1000 for the full day... for the whole boat wheter you have 4 people or 10. I was looking for another family to split the price of a full day on our cruise (6/14) but haven't had any luck. We may end up splurging ourselves. Jack (the owner) said if they didn't have an afternoon party booked we could change our plans to the full day or add a few more hours for some extra $$.