PDA

View Full Version : Radisson at the Port.....

Disney1fan2002
06-04-2003, 04:23 AM
WOW! I just booked the Saturday night before our Wonder Cruise on April 18. I got a 1 bedroom suite, 2 king beds and a whirlpool for $119!!!! (AAA discount) I thought it might be worth the money to drive down leaving Friday afternoon, arrive Saturday afternoon and just relax and unwind and wait for Sunday morning!!! The 3 kids might enjoy it better if we are not hustling them on the ship after a 22+ hours drive!

I couldn't believe the price, AND we get to leave our car there for free. Can't beat that!

Buckaroo's Dad
06-04-2003, 05:07 AM
The 3 kids might enjoy it better if we are not hustling them on the ship after a 22+ hours drive!

Not only the hustlees. The hustlers will be more relaxed as well...

WebmasterPenny
06-04-2003, 05:40 AM
I've had the suite before and re-booked it for my next trip too - it's very nice!

I think it's a great idea to head down earlier to chill out and enjoy the hotel and your jacuzzi :)

Verandah Man
06-04-2003, 05:43 AM
I used the Visit Florida rate for this August, I got the same room for $109.00 at the Radisson.

Andy

Buckaroo's Dad
06-04-2003, 05:56 AM
I got the same room for $109.00 at the Radisson.

True, my dear Andy. But for an additional $10 you get clean sheets... lol...

WDWLVR
06-04-2003, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Disney1fan2002
WOW! I just booked the Saturday night before our Wonder Cruise on April 18. I got a 1 bedroom suite, 2 king beds and a whirlpool for $119!!!! (AAA discount) I thought it might be worth the money to drive down leaving Friday afternoon, arrive Saturday afternoon and just relax and unwind and wait for Sunday morning!!! The 3 kids might enjoy it better if we are not hustling them on the ship after a 22+ hours drive!

I couldn't believe the price, AND we get to leave our car there for free. Can't beat that!

Since you will be there on Saturday you can do one of our favorite things. Drive over to Grills for dinner. Get there early (maybe 4:15 or so) and ask for an outside table. You'll get some great food, listen to live music, oh and you can see the Magic leave!

It is great fun to wave good-bye to those on the Magic knowing that the next day it will be your turn.

This map from Dave's site will help:

Spcae Coast Map (http://www.dcltribute.com/spacecoast/)

Just click on Grills and it will bring up their web site.

We've done it twice and had a great time! Last time we even had some DIS'ers sitting near us, but didn't find that out until we met them at the Radisson later that night :)

disney6
06-04-2003, 06:37 AM
I second the vote for Grills. The food was outstanding and of course the atmosphere. You get LOTS of food and the price is great! The conch fritters were to die for! Oh, I can't wait to go again!

Verandah Man
06-04-2003, 07:15 AM
True, my dear Andy. But for an additional $10 you get clean sheets... lol...

I guess I will have to try Barb's blacklight test!!!

LOL,

Andy

Disney1fan2002
06-04-2003, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Verandah Man
I guess I will have to try Barb's blacklight test!!!

LOL,

Andy

OK...justthe THOUGHT of that is scary! EEEEWWWWW (shivers)

LOL:earseek:

Disney1fan2002
06-04-2003, 07:22 AM
It is great fun to wave good-bye to those on the Magic knowing that the next day it will be your turn.

YES!!! That was something I was thinking would be fun to do is go down to the port with the kids and watch the Magic leave. How exciting will that be??? I know when my husband and I went on the Wonder 2 years ago, I had never seen a cruise ship up close and personal. I fell asleep on the bus from the Disney resorts, and my husband was tapping me to wake up as soon as I opened my eyes, I could see the Wonder at a distance from the highway. My breath caught. It was so exciting to think I would be on that!!! The kids will just go out of their minds, I am sure of it!