PDA

View Full Version : August 16th Western

Pages : [1] 2 3

NYGiantsRule!
06-03-2003, 03:38 PM
August 16, 2003 Western

DW & DH (late forty's), DS (2 weeks shy of 14) and DS10. This will be our 2nd DC.

disney3144
06-03-2003, 04:21 PM
Welcome aboard!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc We are also going on the 8/16/03 cruise. Me-31,DH 47,DS 17,DS 10(turning 11on the ship) and DS 8. There are many DIS'ers going. I'm sure they will all reply.;)

Jennifer

starwood
06-03-2003, 05:38 PM
Also our 2nd DC. Myself (46), DH (47 on Sat.) and DS (will be 11 in July).

Buckaroo's Dad
06-03-2003, 08:05 PM
Hey Jennifer!

Me-31,DH 47,DS 17,DS 10(turning 11on the ship) and DS 8.

You're 31 and your oldest DS is 17? Are you guys originally from the deep South?

Hi NYGiantsRule! This will also be our second Disney cruise. Our = me (older than I act), DS10 (when we sail) and DM65++. Looking forward to meeting you onboard the Magic.

Hannosmom
06-03-2003, 09:30 PM
Hi all! We're still here (mostly lurking around the board) and counting the days till we sail.

It's me (old and very fluffy), DH (old, kind of fluffy, but adorable), my DD(21, handicapped but incredibly adorable, of course;) ), and my sister( not as old, not fluffy, but adorable and very funny).

Who will be at the PC Radisson on the 15th? We will be arriving sometime in the afternoon. We are driving from Charlotte, NC after we pick up my sister.

It would be nice to have a meet and greet at the hotel on Friday. Anybody up for it?

disney3144
06-04-2003, 05:32 AM
Hey BD.......LOL....No we are not from the deep south!!!! Actually he is my stepson. I guess I should write DSS17.;)

So no everyone......I was not having children at 14. LOL

Jennifer

Buckaroo's Dad
06-04-2003, 06:08 AM
Good morning, Jennifer. No explanation was necessary - lol. I was only joking and besides, you should've let all of us continue to ponder the age differences.

Good morning, Linda.

It would be nice to have a meet and greet at the hotel on Friday. Anybody up for it?

Definitely. We will be arriving mid-afternoon on the 15th. Heaven knows the exact time as I made our airline reservations approximately 6 months ago and haven't checked back since. The schedule has probably changed several times...

buzz638
06-04-2003, 11:50 AM
Hi nygiantsrule, and everybody for august 16th

We are a familly of 3 from the province of Quebec , Canada
it will be our first cruise,
me 38 years old - DW thirdy something...;)
and DD9 (will celebrate 10th birthday on board.)
-
Will fly in saturday morning so won't be able to meet you
friday, but surely hope to meet all of you on the ship.

Steff

starwood
06-04-2003, 11:57 AM
I think we need to start a list of who is going to be at the Radisson. We're getting in around 9:40 Friday but DH wants to drive around Cocoa Beach and check out the condos there. (I would love to buy one so close to the port).

Buckaroo's Dad
06-04-2003, 04:02 PM
Hi starwood.

DH wants to drive around Cocoa Beach and check out the condos there. (I would love to buy one so close to the port).

If you and DH are seriously looking in the area, why not contact Shirley at The Perfect Gift privately? Her business is in the area and, I would assume, her residence is too. She might be able to offer valuable insight into where (or where not) to look.

Just a thought...

happydays
06-04-2003, 09:05 PM
We WERE on this cruise (our fourth DCL cruise - but first Western). Booked it last April (2002) and had to cancel yesterday (I actually cried when I got off the phone). We had an unbelievable price, but had a serious work conflict.

On the bright side, with the new 7 for 4 night package, I was able to book a week at the Poly concierge for $1000 less than the cruise was in the same time frame on the dates we could do.

I think I'm going to have to stay away from this board for awhile, or I'm going to get SO depressed! :(

Y'all have a GREAT time! :teeth:

Buckaroo's Dad
06-04-2003, 09:42 PM
Hi happydays. Sorry to learn you had to cancel this cruise, but a week at WDW while lodging at the Polynesian is a terrific vacation in and of itself. My son and I stayed there a few years back. And what does "Buckaroo" remember most vividly? The room? No. The restaurants? No. The ease of catching a "private" monorail? Well, a bit. But the number 1 memory? The tiny boxes containing lady bugs that the kids were given to release in the various gardens to help control insects...

Hannosmom
06-04-2003, 10:39 PM
Happydays, I completely understand how you feel about the canceled cruise. I had to cancel our 11/02 cruise and I DID cry. But you'll have fun at the Poly, and be ready to cruise another day.

BD, lol, so like a child. Only remember the really cool parts.

Hi Steff! Hope we can meet on the ship. I was hoping we all could meet on the "secret" deck 7. Maybe have some refreshments and share some stories. I'm sure BD can entertain us with a few. :)

Maybe all us Radisson folks could meet up after dinner?

snelsonbrown
06-05-2003, 03:00 AM
Good morning all,
Buckeroo am I correct in assuming you will be going western in August? If so, you better stop by the shop or I will be an unhappy camper - also Starwood - short story - Cape Canaveral was considered the armpits of Brevard County at one time - I knew I swore "I would never live in CC" - I brought a condo here simply due to the fact that real estate was so low - but boy have things changed here - Cape Canaveral is growing like a weed - New Condo's are being built it seems like every month here - If you want to live on the water, then its going to cost - my suggestion - come down, stop by the shop and I will give you some good leads of where to start - meanwhile, I would be more than happy to send you the classifieds from the newspaper here -
Also to those that do not know - I was born and raised in Key West and due to the fact I know my hometown - I offer free stuff from there as to what to do, where to go, where to stay away from etc all for the cost of a SASE manilla envelope - no hidden strings -
Anyhow hope all have a great week of what is left of it.
Hugsssssss from me to you from a very wet Florida
Always
Shirley

starwood
06-05-2003, 05:17 AM
Shirley,

Though I would LOVE to live in Florida - my mother lives here and doesn't drive so guess who the chauffeur is?

We would probably be looking for a condo to rent and one that we could use once or twice a year. (when we cruise;) . I'll ask DH if he would like to look over the classified and let you know.

Thanks.

Buckaroo's Dad
06-05-2003, 05:17 AM
Good morning Shirley.

you better stop by the shop or I will be an unhappy camper

We will most certainly stop by the shop to say hello. "Buckaroo" even has his own florist knife, although it'll have to remain in NY with all the revamped airline security regulations AND non-revamped Daddy-says rules...

I brought a condo here simply

Quite a "simple" feat from Key West...

Tigger UK
06-05-2003, 12:54 PM
My family and I will also be on this cruise - Me (37), Hubby (35) and daughter (11). We have never cruised before, let alone Disney cruised, and we're very excited. I think these boards are terrific - so much advice and information I never would have thought to ask for. It would be great to meet up with other cruisers, please could anyone tell me how forum users do this.
Thanks Gaynor.

Buckaroo's Dad
06-05-2003, 09:00 PM
Hi Gaynor.

It would be great to meet up with other cruisers, please could anyone tell me how forum users do this.

Not quite sure I understand the question. Disers can agree to meet somewhere onboard ship or sometime before if convenient. Are you arriving at the port area the day before the cruise? It seems as though a good number of August 16th-ers are staying at The Radisson in Port Canaveral the night before our cruise.

Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else...

disney3144
06-06-2003, 05:32 AM
We will be unable to meet up at the Radisson before the cruise because we are staying at DW for the week before. So I'll guess that we will have to meet up with everyone onboard. Don't worry though....I have my lime green mickey heads from Home Depot. ;)

Jennifer

Buckaroo's Dad
06-06-2003, 06:39 AM
Good morning, Jennifer.

We will be unable to meet up at the Radisson before the cruise because we are staying at DW for the week before.

No one told you? Most of us are STAYING at The Radisson, but we're MEETING the evening before at your WDW room... lol.

See you onboard ship!

starwood
06-06-2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Buckaroo's Dad
Good morning, Jennifer.

No one told you? Most of us are STAYING at The Radisson, but we're MEETING the evening before at your WDW room... lol.

See you onboard ship!

She could just leave the key under the mat.;)

Tigger UK
06-06-2003, 10:54 AM
Hi Buckaroo's Dad - thanks for replying. I think I meant Disers ( I'm new to these boards...) We will be staying at the Universal Royal Pacific Hotel before our cruise, so we won't be able to meet you all at The Radisson. My family would love to meet fellow cruisers on board - I'll keep watching this space for news of the August 16th-ers meet.
Looking forward to meeting you all.
Gaynor

lynr
06-09-2003, 09:17 PM
Another August 16th family here.

Me 46 DH 45 and DS 16

This is our 4th cruise and I can't wait. It will probably be our last for awhile since the price between what I paid for a category 6 this year and next year is a big difference.

Unfortunately we fly in that morning so no time to meet at the Raddison.

Lyn

disney3144
06-10-2003, 05:44 AM
BD & Starwood......you guys are soooo funny.:crazy:
Sure I'll leave the key under the mat, actually we have two connecting rooms....gives us more room to PARTY!!!!:jester: LOL

Jennifer

Marcotta
06-10-2003, 12:53 PM
Hello All!!

So glad to see this thread is finally posted - no, I didn't have the guts to just start it my own (I can already hear BD's reply).

This will be our second cruise as well. Me (35) and DBF (as in Best Friend - 30). We'll be staying at the Dolpin starting Aug. 13 for 3 days at the World prior to sailing. Can't wait.

Now about those excursions....so many to choose from my mind is spinning trying to decide.

Hannosmom
06-10-2003, 06:35 PM
Hi lynr! It's nice to see another WISHer here! I won't tell, if you won't! :cool: :)

Hi to you too, Marcotta! I have most of my excursions planned, but Cozumel is starting to drive me crazy. I want to do everything!

BD = sharp wit, good heart!

BTW, BD, Sarah is away doing a vocational evaluation, and she found a shuffleboard on campus. She'll be practicing a lot over the next two weeks!

Marcotta
06-11-2003, 03:14 PM
Hi Hannosmom -

what are you going to do in Key West?

I know what you mean by wanting to do everything - I think that's why I can't narrow anything down. Did book Capt. Marvin's since this board so highly recommended it but that is about as far as I get decide on.

Buckaroo's Dad
06-11-2003, 04:09 PM
Hi Linda.

Sarah is away doing a vocational evaluation, and she found a shuffleboard on campus. She'll be practicing a lot over the next two weeks!

Yikes! I had better get "Buckaroo" back to those courts at Jones Beach. The dear lad had been busy practicing for his Junior Black Belt exam. A little over two hours of various techniques and falls with one one-minute break - and he passed! I am proud and he is happy. Next week is a special ceremony at one of the large catering halls here on The Island. Now he has a minimum of 3 years to prepare for his adult Black Belt and one of the requirements is to do volunteer work. He'll be helping the Special Education students both with their karate AND their homework assignments from the school(s) they attend. It's a terrific program. Wow, look at all this. I'm not TOO proud of him - huh???

Still thinking over the shore excursions on Cozumel? (Re)consider joining us on Wild Tours ATV adventure. It's a lot of fun!

Hi Marcotta. You might like this as well!

Marcotta
06-12-2003, 10:57 AM
Buckaroo's Dad:

Do you have any info on the ATV tour? I just got my excursion docs. yesterday but I don't see it listed. Is this one that you are doing on your own. If it is what I'm thinking, it sounds like a blast!!

Hannosmom
06-12-2003, 02:10 PM
Hey BD!! Please tell Buckaroo for me "THAT IS WAY COOL!!" Give him a big gold star and a treat. Also, after the shuffleboard tournament, Sarah and I would be glad to sign an "affadavit" that Buckaroo had spent volunteer time with a special ed student, since she is one. You should be tremendously proud of him! I''m even proud of him, and I haven't met him yet!:D

Marcotta, we are planning to take the trolley tour, and then visit The Hemingway house, the Audoubon house, and probably the Butterfly museum. Just doing the touristy thing. We've signed up for the 11:15 Captain Marvin's tour on GC, also.

Yes, BD, I'd like to read some about the ATV tours, too. Might be something we would love to do, I know DH would sure love it.

Buckaroo's Dad
06-14-2003, 07:43 PM
Hey Linda & Marcotta!

Here ya go:

http://gocozumel.com/wild-tours-atv/

Marcotta
06-18-2003, 11:20 AM
Buckaroo's Dad:

I have a question for you.
I THINK I read somewhere that you were going to do the Captain Marvin's excursion and then Horseback Riding with Penny's group afterwards. How will that work since we leave Grand Cayman at 5pm? I was thinking of doing the same thing but see that from Penny's website that they only have a 9:30 ride which conflicts with Capt. Marvin's?

(Don't worry, you're not being stalked!!!! :p Horseback riding is high on our list of to do's and if we do the Xcaret in Cozumel don't know when else we'd get to do the horseback riding except for in Grand Cayman during the afternoon).

Thanks!!
Scott

vcasey
06-18-2003, 12:24 PM
Glad to this thread back around. I 'lost' it before I got a chance to reply.

Anyway, I can't make the Radisson meet anymore either since I'll be at WDW beforehand too but I'd LOVE to meet all of you onboard. Someone who's been onboard and knows what they're doing want to coordinate a meet on the ship???

Also Tigger UK, my DD(10) would love to hook up with other girls in her age group, pm me if you'd like to arrange a 'young ladies' meet for them.:D

Buckaroo's Dad
06-18-2003, 02:36 PM
Hi Scott.

I THINK I read somewhere that you were going to do the Captain Marvin's excursion and then Horseback Riding with Penny's group afterwards. How will that work since we leave Grand Cayman at 5pm?

I guess when you look at it THAT way, it sure does seem like 10-pounds of aspirations in a 5-pound timeframe. However, I plan on contacting Nikki's Horseback Rides. Her times are (at least, were) quite diffferent from "Penny's."

Welcome back, vcasey.

Someone who's been onboard and knows what they're doing want to coordinate a meet on the ship???

Well, um, ok. Your stateroom. Saturday, 8/16. 3:30pm - 1:30am...

buzz638
06-18-2003, 02:51 PM
Hi everyone....

Someone who's been onboard and knows what they're doing want to coordinate a meet on the ship???

Count us in....we'll be there;)

What's the stateroom number again ???

Steff

disney3144
06-18-2003, 06:29 PM
Yea, lets have the party at Vcasey's room!!!!
We'll be there!!
:jester:

Marcotta...You got your excursions docs already??? I want mine!!
Did the come by regular mail? (You can't tell that I'm excited can you??;) )

Jennifer

lynr
06-18-2003, 07:17 PM
Disney3144:

I received my excursion documents also. When I made my final payment to Dreamsunlimited Travel they emailed them to me. I would be glad to send you the list if you give me a fax number. you couldn't make reservations using the Dreams form but maybe you could call them.

Lyn

vcasey
06-18-2003, 09:39 PM

Yea, lets have the party at Vcasey's room!!!!
We'll be there!!

Hmmm...sounds like fun but call me Cinderella I turn into a pumpkin at midnight:D :D Not to mention I currently don't have a stateroom since I'm on a guarantee and haven't gotten mine assigned. Anyone else want to volunteer;) But hey if they upgrade me to a suite or something then...what the heck!:)

starwood
06-19-2003, 05:16 AM
Marcotta...You got your excursions docs already??? I want mine!!

I got mine Monday. I called yesterday and made our reservations - now I just need to get DH to look over the Passporter and make sure he doesn't want to make any changes to the excursions.:rolleyes:

Buckaroo's Dad
06-19-2003, 06:25 AM
Good morning starwood.

now I just need to get DH to look over the Passporter and make sure he doesn't want to make any changes to the excursions.

As concerns shore excursions, what have you reserved for Grand Cayman? It seems as though a lot of the 8/16 Disers will be on the 11:15am Captain Marvins.

Hi vcasey.

I currently don't have a stateroom since I'm on a guarantee and haven't gotten mine assigned. Anyone else want to volunteer

If anyone has been on a DCL cruise before, any recommendations concerning where to meet aboard ship? I guess there is The Promenade Lounge, the deck 7 secret verandah or Rockin Bar D. I doubt the powers that be will allow us to hold a private function in The Walt Disney Theatre...

starwood
06-19-2003, 07:58 AM
Dh wanted to do the Island Tour because we've never been to GC before and he wanted to get a feel for the island. Then we will have plenty of time to relax and do some shopping later.

The last cruise we just met up at the Promenade Lounge although I'm thinking it might be nice to meet on the Deck 7 aft area,

mad4themouse
06-19-2003, 10:05 AM
I just made the final payment on Tuesday and now this trip seems a little more "real". This will be the second DCL cruise for me (43), DH (turning 49 -for the first time- on this cruise), DD13 and DS11.

We are flying in the night before and staying at the Airport Hyatt. We'll take the Disney bus from MCO to the port on the day of departure, so we won't be able to meet anyone at the Radisson.

Thanks to the suggestions of so many on this board, we've decided to do Captain Marvin's in Grand Cayman. We'll be on the half-day trip (10 am to 1 pm).

I'm still undecided about what to do in Cozumel. Any thoughts on Mr. Sancho's or Carlos & Charlie's? We're open to suggestions. A few friends who have been to Cozumel are discouraging us from taking the tour of the ruins. They said it was a long, hot, and bumpy ride. I'm also considering the DCL excursion Cozumel Beach Break. Any thoughts?

Starwood and disney3144, we should get our DS11s to hook up. I have a feeling that with his sister in the teen club, my DS will be at loose ends. It's too bad that they don't have something for the "tweeners". He really does not want to hang out in the "little kids'" club, since he will be a "mature" middle schooler this fall!

Looking forward to seeing a lot of lime green Home Depot Mickeys. I like the idea of meeting on Deck 7 aft. How about sometime in the morning before we get to Key West (not too early, though)? I believe we don't get into port until noon?

starwood
06-19-2003, 10:12 AM
Starwood and disney3144, we should get our DS11s to hook up. I have a feeling that with his sister in the teen club, my DS will be at loose ends. It's too bad that they don't have something for the "tweeners". He really does not want to hang out in the "little kids'" club, since he will be a "mature" middle schooler this fall!

I think that would be great for them. DS already went through the Navigators and marked out what he wants to do and put it on my Palm Pilot.

Isn't that Middle School idea scary?LOL I just can't picture him there changing classes and having to know where everything is. He can't remember where anything is at home.

vcasey
06-19-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by mad4themouse
Looking forward to seeing a lot of lime green Home Depot Mickeys. I like the idea of meeting on Deck 7 aft. How about sometime in the morning before we get to Key West (not too early, though)? I believe we don't get into port until noon?

I'm all for Deck 7 aft but how about doing it Sat. night? I think that would be a great start to the cruise.

Marcotta
06-19-2003, 10:42 AM
Hi Everyone -

sorry I could not reply yesterday (were the Boards down??), my server wouldn't connect.

Jennifer: Yes, the docs came by regular mail - I guess I recevied them last week sometime. I'm STILL trying to narrow down what the heck I'm going to choose. What's that saying...so little time?

We'll be on Capt. Marvin's 11:15am trip as well in G. Cayman.

Loaded up on the Lime Green Mickey's this past weekend at Home Depot - hehehehe...I felt so sneaky taking them, I kept wondering, does anyone KNOW why they are disappearing?

max123
06-19-2003, 11:17 AM
Hey Tigger UK,

We are from Pa, USA and we have an 11 year old Daughter, Myself a 41 year old wife and may husband who is 55. Our daughter has been looking for a friend aboard ship! We are going on the Western Carib. Magic on August 16 2003. Please reply soon!!!

Max123:Pinkbounc :bounce:

vcasey
06-19-2003, 11:54 AM
Max123,

My DD(10) but hangs out with older kids all the time, is looking for hangout buddies too. We're in NJ!

starwood
06-19-2003, 11:56 AM
Sounds like these kids are going to have their own group in the kid's club. Sort of a DIS Jr.

vcasey
06-19-2003, 12:21 PM
My DD would love a Dis Jr club. She's so jealous that I get to make Dis friends before our trip and she has to wait.

starwood
06-19-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by vcasey
My DD would love a Dis Jr club. She's so jealous that I get to make Dis friends before our trip and she has to wait.

Well in 2 more years they can frequent the Teen Board but maybe the mods would start up a DIS Jr. board for say 8-12.

el_tigre
06-19-2003, 01:18 PM
Our family is joining the August 16 party. It will be DW (28), DS (8) and myself (30). We're doing Captain Marvin's in Grand Cayman, but the 10 a.m. half day excursion (need that extra snorkel time) and the Wild Tours ATV Tour in Cozumel. We can't wait.

BTW, if we can get it, we may try for Palo's High Tea. Anyone know what time they offer it on the sea days?

Buckaroo's Dad
06-19-2003, 09:02 PM
Hi el_tigre.

and the Wild Tours ATV Tour in Cozumel.

Glad to know there will be some Disers with us on Wild Tours ATV adventure. I hope "Buckaroo" remembers the exhilaration of riding the Cozumel ATVs with Daddy when it's his turn in the annuls of "Buckaroo Family History" to take his kids for a similar shore excursion! (Hopefully, I'll be relaxing onboard ship in The Vista Spa OR hanging out in Carlos 'N Charlies... ).

Hey vcasey.

I'm all for Deck 7 aft but how about doing it Sat. night? I think that would be a great start to the cruise.

If we hold our Dis-meet on Saturday, what time would anyone/everyone prefer? The persondatory boat drill is at 4:30pm and sailaway begins at 5. First dinner seating is 6pm - or is it 6:15? Then the Welcome Aboard Variety Show - with second seating cruisers doing the reverse. So I guess that leaves either 5:30pm or 9:45pm. Anyone else???

disney3144
06-20-2003, 06:38 AM
Well, I still haven't recieved my excursion documents yet. I guess I'm going to have to call my TA today!!:mad:

Starwood & Mad4themouse...My DS would LOVE to hang out with the "guys" . I think thats what hes most excited about, meeting new friends.

El-tigre.....My DS8 is sooo happy that another boy his age will be there.

Jennifer

mad4themouse
06-20-2003, 07:09 AM
Hey Max123, we're right around the corner from Brookhaven! We live in Bethel Twp. Too bad our kids aren't a couple of years older. When he reaches 13 or 14, I'm sure that my DS11 would jump at the chance to hook up with a girl his age. Right now he's more interested in football and computer games.

buzz638
06-20-2003, 07:48 AM
Good morning everyone, hi BD

5:30 for the DIS-meet sounds good to me ! We can make it a little cocktail before dinner....!!!!
I think it would be a great start to a great vacation...;)

Steff

Marcotta
06-20-2003, 01:23 PM
BD - Do you have a link to Nikki's website? (In regards to the horseback riding that is).

vcasey
06-20-2003, 03:57 PM
So I guess that leaves either 5:30pm or 9:45pm. Anyone else???

Either one is ok with me but since we got one other vote for 5:30 I'll second it!!:D

max123
06-21-2003, 01:20 PM
Hi,

we too are on the 8/16 cruise. DH, DW and DD who is 11.

This is our first cruise and we are looking forward to it.

We are scheduled to stay at the Orlando Hyatt on 8/15.

see you all 8/16.

Buckaroo's Dad
06-21-2003, 10:49 PM
Hi Marcotta.

Do you have a link to Nikki's website?

Humm, I can't find it. Her e-mail is listed as Nikiride@candw.ky

Hope this helps.

10yrann
06-22-2003, 09:24 AM
Hello everyone, we too are on 8/16, can't wait. Myself, DH, DD(5) and DS(4) are getting excited. We are driving from Canada, making a stop in Cincinnati, visiting my brother in Bradenton Florida, and finally the cruise. Can't wait. No documents yet.

buzz638
06-22-2003, 01:09 PM
Welcome aboard 10yrann !

That DIS meeting is getting bigger and bigger...
as you will see there is quite a few Disers for that long awaited 08/16 western cruise.
-
If you need any info feel free to ask, i am sure you will find everything you need to know right here.
-
Again welcome aboard , it`s going to be a great cruise

Steff

disney3144
06-22-2003, 06:07 PM
I vote for 5:30 Saturday night also!!! Even my DS17 is excited about meeting everyone.

Lynr...My DS 17 is sooo happy that there will someone his age on board. Will your son be going to the DIS meet? Mine will.

Jennifer

disney3144
06-23-2003, 05:37 AM
BUMP:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

10yrann
06-23-2003, 06:55 AM
Just for the fun of it, I just checked to see how what the prices are currently for our cruise. On Disney.com it says it is no longer available. Are we sold out????

Marcotta
06-23-2003, 02:05 PM
It seems the time has been narrowed down for the meet on Sat.

What about the place?

Buckaroo's Dad
06-23-2003, 05:20 PM
Hey Marcotta.

What about the place?

I guess the deck 7 secret verandah...

Marcotta
06-23-2003, 07:32 PM
:p
Does everyone know how to find it (since it's a secret and all)?

starwood
06-23-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Marcotta
Does everyone know how to find it (since it's a secret and all)?

We'll send everyone the secret pirates map with the location (x marks the spot).:tongue:

Tigger UK
06-24-2003, 03:00 PM
Hi all,
I lost this thread a while ago - it was like losing old friends! We hope to attend meet on board - little non-plussed about "lime green mickey heads from Home Depot ", disney3144. What are they and do I need one?
My DD (11) is overjoyed to know girls her age will be aboard - vcasey and max123, your idea for a girls' disney meet is great. I've e-mailed you both to say as much. Only weeks away now....
Kind regards Gaynor

disney3144
06-24-2003, 06:15 PM
Tigger UK.....The lime green mickey heads are paint chips that the hardware stores in the US have. They are in the shape of mickey's head. So, alot of DISers went to the store to pick some up so we could wear them on the ship with our name on them. If you want to email me with your address, I'd be happy to send you some. You do not have to have them though. It was just something neat that someone found.:D

Jennifer

starwood
06-25-2003, 08:23 AM
Any guesses on when our documents will be coming? We are leaving 7/2-7/8 for Disneyland and I just hope they don't come while we're away.

buzz638
06-25-2003, 08:34 AM
Hi all !

Any guesses on when our documents will be coming?

My travel agent told us the papers should come app. 2 weeks before the sail date...so early august. I don't know if it's the same for everyone ?

Steff

Tigger UK
06-25-2003, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the information on the Mickey green heads and your kind offer, Jennifer. This is a great idea to help recognise each other. I will try to make a uk version from sellotape and green card to save you posting them across the "Pond". Do we wear these badges at the meet?
Looking forward to meeting y'all
Gaynor

disney3144
06-26-2003, 05:27 AM
BUMP:bounce: :Pinkbounc

I want to keep this thread going. ( I guess I'm getting EXCITED!!!)

Jennifer

Buckaroo's Dad
06-26-2003, 05:32 AM
Good morning Jennifer.

I want to keep this thread going. ( I guess I'm getting EXCITED!!!)

Same here. And I'm running out of things to replan!...

buzz638
06-26-2003, 08:30 AM
It's fun to see that we are not crazy !!!
We talk about that cruise EVERYDAY.
-
BD you talk about replaning , we were supposed to arrive to MCO on saturday at 12:56pm ,but the more we tough about it the more we hated the idea of boarding the ship so late
so last week we called Air Canada and changed our flight to arrive on friday instead...
And we are taking a limo to the Radisson at the port:Pinkbounc
Now we will board early like everyone else and DW won't have to settle for a 1/4 body massage

Now all we have to do is continue argueing about what clothes to bring : Formal , semi-formal , casual......and how many luggage!!
Anyone else having these fun discussion:confused:
And maybe some suggestions ?

Have a nice day all

Steff

Hannosmom
06-26-2003, 02:42 PM
Hi all!

We're still here; I'm actually getting tired of planning, want to just get this show on the road!

Steff, we'll be at the Radisson also, and I think BD and family will be there also. We'll all have to get together in the evening.

The 5:30 meet sounds good to me. Don't forget our shuffleboard tournament on Monday. I've never played, so it should be quite comical. Wonder what they do when those little pucky things go overboard? :eek:

buzz638
06-26-2003, 02:51 PM
Hannosmom your right, it would be great to meet
friday night.

I am not sure who but you are right also, i think there is a few
Disers who will be at the Radisson that night .

Hope to see you there...

Steff

starwood
06-26-2003, 02:54 PM
We'll be there also - not sure what time yet but we get in early at Orlando and DH wants to drive around the space coast.

Hannosmom
06-26-2003, 03:51 PM
Hey Starwood, I'm so glad you will be there, too. We will be arriving late afternoon, driving from Charlotte, NC.

Steff, we will definately see you there. You know, I'm beginning to read your posts with a french accent. LOL!

Buckaroo's Dad
06-27-2003, 06:28 AM
Good morning Steff.

last week we called Air Canada and changed our flight to arrive on friday instead...

A wise move, in my opinion. Long-distance traveling on cruise day is too stressful. I learned my lesson the first time around. My day started at approximately 4am and by the time we arrived at Parrot Cay for lunch I was emotionally numb from all of the day's excitement - AND, still had another 7+ hours to go!

Hi Linda. Glad you finally returned.

I think BD and family will be there also. We'll all have to get together in the evening.

Yes, we'll be there. An evening get together would be most enjoyable. "Buckaroo" thinks everyone should meet around the pool - gee, I wonder why? lol.

Morning, Starwood.

We'll be there also - not sure what time yet but we get in early at Orlando and DH wants to drive around the space coast.

The space coast is an interesting area to explore. I am still debating between a towncar service to the Radisson or reserving a rental car at MCO. Will probably choose the rental for mobility's sake. This way we can drive over to The Perfect Gift and meet Shirley & Norm et al...

buzz638
06-27-2003, 07:23 AM
Good morning all

An evening get together would be most enjoyable. "Buckaroo" thinks everyone should meet around the pool

You know what ? my DD thinks Buckaroo has a great idea :Pinkbounc

Hannosmom , by the end of this cruise you won't even have an accent:p

Is it really less than 50 days now ???!!!!

Have a great day everyone
Steff

Linda1
06-29-2003, 12:03 PM
This thread was getting lost so I guess it's time to introduce myself and give it a bump. We are a family of four, Myself 38, DH 43, DD 12 and DS 10 (2 weeks shy of 11 when we cruise). This will be the 3rd Disney cruise for myself and the kids, 2nd for DH. The kids and I did the 3 day in '99 and the whole family did the Eastern 7 day in '01. We are also staying at the Raddisson Friday night. I have 4 lime green Mickeys from Home Depot, but my family is showing some resistance to wearing them, especially the 12 yr old DD.

I know that many of you are doing the Captain Marvins Sting Ray City excursion. I would love to do it also, but have only been able to talk my DD into it. I'm not very comfortable with going on my own with just her. If I'm able to schedule the same time as the rest of you (was it 11:30?) would DD and I be able to tag along?

Steff,
A few months back you mentioned that you were scheduled to do the Dolphin Swim in Cozumel at 2:00. My family is scheduled to do this also at the same time.

Linda H.

buzz638
06-30-2003, 07:30 AM
Hi Linda,

A few months back you mentioned that you were scheduled to do the Dolphin Swim in Cozumel at 2:00.

I knew we were booked with someone from these boards, i just couldn't remember who it was.

Glad to here from you again. it's going to be our first experience with the dolphins and we are very excited about it, we think it's going to be the highlight of our cruise, especially DD. And we think that being with people from our group will make it even more enjoyable.
-
We are booked with capt.Marvins at 11:30am just like a few of the Disers from this thread, so don't be shy , you and DD are more then welcome to join us....

See you and youre familly around the pool friday at the Radisson

Steff

vcasey
06-30-2003, 08:06 AM
Something weird happened (I believe on my end) and I stopped getting email notifications from these boards. So glad to see the thread is still alive and well.

Anyway Tigger UK I didn't get your email either and you don't have a pm button. Can you send another email? DD would love to be in touch with your DD prior to sailing.

Hannosmom
06-30-2003, 09:52 AM
Thought I would stop by and say HI! to you, Linda, from another Linda.:) (Linda H. also :eek: ). We will see you at the Radisson.

Still planning :rolleyes: . I have reservations for two excursions on Grand Cayman, because I can't make up my mind.:crazy: .

Finished up the clothes shopping, (whew!), but still have to get DD's dresses altered. Our guest room has turned into a staging area for the cruise. Hope nobody wants to visit until after the cruise.:)

I'll check in again later.

Marcotta
06-30-2003, 10:29 AM
Something weird happened (I believe on my end) and I stopped getting email notifications from these boards.

vcasey: same thing happened to me. I was shocked to see that the thread had grown to 6 pages - I had to resubscribe to the thread....now it's working

starwood
06-30-2003, 10:58 AM
I feel so far behind:rolleyes: . I just finished packing for DL and when we return I need to get DS some Khaki pants and see if his suit still fits him. Plus the 24th of July is his birthday so somewhere in there I need to fit in a BD party.

Buckaroo's Dad
06-30-2003, 04:40 PM
Hey starwood.

I need to fit in a BD party.

Why thank you. Perhaps onboard ship...

Hannosmom
06-30-2003, 04:49 PM
I knew that was coming, BD. ;)

Linda1
06-30-2003, 07:46 PM
Hi Steff,

We are booked with capt.Marvins at 11:30am just like a few of the Disers from this thread

Is the time for Captain Marvin's 11:30 or 11:15? I was just on their site and couldn't find an 11:30 Stingray City Tour.:confused:

it's going to be our first experience with the dolphins and we are very excited about it, we think it's going to be the highlight of our cruise

We are very excited about this also.:Pinkbounc The kids and I are anyway. My husband is a little nervous about it. I had originally booked it without him and then he changed his mind. I think he has seen too many Jaws movies.

Hi Linda,

from another Linda. (Linda H. also

Well that won't work then will it? How about Linda in WNY? Any plans on moving in the next 47 days?:p

What are the 2 excursions you have booked in GC? I'm pretty sure that I want to do Stingray City, but need to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Sounds like you're about ready to go. I haven't bought any clothes yet.:eek:

Linda in WNY

Marcotta
07-01-2003, 12:17 AM
It's the 11:15 trip:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

buzz638
07-01-2003, 06:50 AM
Sorry Linda in WNY and thanks Marcotta it is 11:15am

-

Today is the 1st of july and besides the fact that is Canada day!!
we can finally say :

We are leaving NEXT MONTH.......

:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Steff

Linda1
07-01-2003, 08:36 AM
Thanks Marcotta and Steff,

I just received my confirmation from Captain Marvin's for the 11:15 Stingray City Tour. What is everyone bringing with them? The email says to bring the obvious, towels and sunscreen. What about drinks? I know I read somewhere that they would serve punch and ice water. Is this ok to drink? Should I bring my own bottled water?

Steff,

Did you notice that for the dolphin swim they ask you not to wear sunscreen? I'm concerned that we are going to get awfully sunburned being the water for an hour without it. I haven't seen anyone else mention this. I wonder how other people have made out.

Linda in WNY

buzz638
07-01-2003, 09:31 AM
Hi Linda in WNY

We are aldo bringing our snorkeling gears.
As for the water we will definitely bring bottled water, unless they offer bottled water on board the boat to the sandbar ?

-
Did you notice that for the dolphin swim they ask you not to wear sunscreen?

I did not notice that at all. Where did you see that :confused:

I'll agree with you, we're going to look like lobsters if we can't use sunscreen. I have to put at least a little on DD's shoulders and face, the part that will be expose. The rest of the body will be under water for the most part i guess ???

Let me know if you find anything on this

Steff

Linda1
07-01-2003, 10:43 AM
Steff,

I booked the dolphin swim through ShoreTrips.com. They had me print out a pre-paid travel voucher. On the voucher about 1/3 of the way down it says:

Restrictions:
MINIMUM AGE 8 YEARS. FOR THE SAFETY AND COMFORT OF THE CHILDREN AND THE DOLPHINS, ALL CHILDREN UNDER 12 MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY ONE PAYING ADULT PER CHILD. Pregnant women are not allowed to participate. Nonswimmers welcome. To participate in the dolphin swim, each person is required to wear a life jacket. Do not wear sunblock while swimming with the dolphins. If you are physically or mentally challenged, please contact ShoreTrips prior to booking.

I was thinking the same thing, putting it on the shoulders and face. My husband is fair skinned so I'm going to tell him to wear a t-shirt.

Linda in WNY

vcasey
07-01-2003, 04:34 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you notice that for the dolphin swim they ask you not to wear sunscreen?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The chemicals in most commercial sunscreens are not healthy for the dolphins. At Discovery Cove they have special 'safe' sunscreen they provide. Hopefully they'll do that here too otherwise I guess we better all plan to wear t-shirts. (I'm scheduled for the 12pm swim sorry I won't be with the rest of you)

Also I was going to post tonight anyway because as you can see from my counter I'm leaving for WDW tommorrow morn and wanted to say a fond see ya later to my new DCL friends! I'm already completely excited for our cruise but will truly be going crazy with excitement once I'm back. Keep the thread going so I can find you all ok??

disney3144
07-01-2003, 07:07 PM
VCasey.....Have a safe & wonderful trip "home"!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Can't wait to hear all about it.

Jennifer

Hannosmom
07-01-2003, 07:25 PM
Hi!

Linda, no I don't plan to move any time soon. LOL You can still use the "H". I don't use it in my signature.

In GC, I have reservations for the 11:15 Captain Marvin's and the DCL tour and stingray tour. I have never been to GC, and thought I might like to take a tour to learn a little about the place. Haven't decided which one I really want, but will by the time I have to cancel one of them. A little stress, but fun stress.:cool:

Would love to swim with the dolphins, but I don't think DD would be comfortable, since she can't swim. She's already declared she will be staying on the excursion boat when we swim with the stingrays. Even if we could get her in the water with a lifejacket, I think she would still be standing on my head:rolleyes: .:) And since my sister will also be standing on my head, I think it might get a bit crowded up there. LOL

Check with ya'll later!

starwood
07-02-2003, 05:53 AM
Well what will you all do without vcasey and me. I'm leaving for DL at 12:00. I'll be back 7/9. Don't change any plans without me:teeth:

buzz638
07-02-2003, 06:56 AM
Starwood and Vcasey, have a wonderful trip and don't worry
we will wait for you on 8/16...;)

Steff

Marcotta
07-02-2003, 10:23 AM
In GC, I have reservations for the 11:15 Captain Marvin's and the DCL
tour and stingray tour. I have never been to GC, and thought I might
like to take a tour to learn a little about the place. Haven't decided
which one I really want, but will by the time I have to cancel one of
them. A little stress, but fun stress.

Hannosmom: By any chance are you booked on the island tour that starts at 1:30?

Does anyone know if we would have time to be on the 11:15 Capt. Marvin's snorkel and then make it to the 1:30 island tour?
(I'm currently booked for that itinerary but am having dilemmas wondering if it's possible)

Hannosmom
07-02-2003, 12:19 PM
Hi Marcotta,

The DCL tour excursion I have booked includes Stingray City and starts at 10:45, and Captain Marvin's starts at 11:15, which is why I have to decide on one pretty soon.

Not sure about being able to make both excursions. The Captain Marvin's tour is for approximately 2 to 2.5 hours, but they have several that leave earlier than 11:15. You can check their website at www.captainmarvins.com or call them at 1-345-947-4590

Good Luck!

ThreeCircles
07-02-2003, 07:10 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm happy to report that we will also be joining the Disney Magic Cruise on August 16 - 23! (Just can't wait! :)

We were originally going to wait until December to sail again but the Florida Resident Rates for this sailing were just too good to pass up!

Anyway, in the tradition of Rae519, I've started a list where we can publish names, info, and pictures of those on the cruise! If you would like to be added to the list, just send an e-mail with the info you want put on the site and, if you would like, a picture of those attending.

Now, all we have to do is wait! Of course that's the most difficult part of a cruise on DCL! :D

The Disney Magic Aug 16-23 Cruise site: http://disneycruiseaug16.0catch.com

Hannosmom
07-02-2003, 07:41 PM
How cool! It's so great to have you guys on this cruise. I'll have to have DH do the picture thing, but we'll be sending you our info.

We're on deck 7 and have late dining, too!

Talk to you soon,
Linda

ashking
07-03-2003, 07:01 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new to the board. This sailing will be my 4th on the Magic. I am 38 , my husband ,Will is 41 and we have 7 year old twin boys. We fell in love with cruising 3 years ago and keep coming back to the Magic. This is the first time we will be doing the Western itinerary so we are pretty excited. I loved cruising so much I became a home-based cruise travel agent. We get great travel agent rates so we can't pass up an opportunity to sail with her again. This board is great because you all share such useful ideas. Thank you for all the suggestions and "secrets." Does everyone from the board meet at the terminal? Thanks,Ashley

ThreeCircles
07-03-2003, 08:03 PM
Hello Ashking!

Welcome to the August 16th Cruise! This will be our 4th cruise as well and our second Western. I'm sure that you won't be disappointed in the itinerary!

As far as the Dis meet, I can't speak with certainty about what's been planned but in the past the Dis meets have usually taken place on the ship sometime after the safety drill and prior to cast off.

Let me know if you would like your profile posted on the August 16th cruise list (see link below). It seems kind of lacking in cruisers right now! ;)

http://disneycruiseaug16.0catch.com

buzz638
07-04-2003, 07:08 AM
To all my American friends, old and new,
a very happy, fun and safe 4th of July;)

From the " Americaniest of Canadians...

Steff

disney3144
07-04-2003, 08:48 AM
Welcome Ashking.:D For the Dis meet I think everyone has decided to meet Sat. at 5:30 on sercret deck seven.;)
Also, I have an DS 8 who would love to meet your boys. He's been kinda bummed because most of the people we meet on here is more his brothers age then his. So he was excited when I told him that there will be 2 boys his age.

Jennifer

ashking
07-04-2003, 09:47 AM
That sounds great! My boys have been in the 5-7 age group 3 times so we plan to put them in the 8-9 year old group . Their birthday is Sept.15 so I think we have the choice. I look forward to meeting you.

Marcotta
07-04-2003, 01:52 PM
Hope everyone has a super holiday weekend

************: We plan on listing our information on your website as soon as we get around to it - probably after the Holiday as we have guests in from out of town.

Enjoy your day everyone!

Hannosmom
07-04-2003, 02:41 PM
Hi Ashking! Another Virginian, that's great! Looking forward to meeting you.

Thank-you Steff, we're just having a quiet holiday here at home.

ashking
07-05-2003, 10:34 AM
HI fellow Virginian. My family lives in Chesapeake. Where do you live? Do you drive to Port Canaveral or do you fly in? We always drive in the day before and stay with relatives in Jacksonville. Hope to see you on the ship. Ashley

ashking
07-05-2003, 10:39 AM
What is your 8 year old son interested in? My boys, Matthew and Mitchell want to know if he collects Yu-gi-oh cards? That is a big thing where we live? They are excited to meet him.

ThreeCircles
07-05-2003, 11:05 AM
Ok. We're only about 40 days or so out from our cruise! What is everyone most excited about?

The Disney Magic August 16-23 Cruise List:
http://disneymagicaug16.0catch.com

disney3144
07-05-2003, 11:21 AM
Hey Ashley......My 8 year old son Austin also collects Yu-gi-oh cards. He also collects Pokemon cards too.

Jennifer

ThreeCircles
07-05-2003, 12:41 PM
************: We plan on listing our information on your website as soon as we get around to it - probably after the Holiday as we have guests in from out of town.

Marcotta--

Looking forward to post your info on the site! Hopefully this will catch on and help the Dis members identify each other once they get on the ship.

Disney Cruise August 16-23 Cruise List:
www.disneycruiseaug16.0catch.com

Hannosmom
07-05-2003, 09:25 PM
Hi Ashking!

Well shut my mouth!! Chesapeake! We live in Poquoson! Not too far across the river, on the Peninsula.

I flew down last time (very cheap, Southwest), but this time we are driving to Charlotte, NC to pick up my sister, and visit with my nieces for a little while. We'll leave here on Thursday, and leave Charlotte on Friday. Then we will be staying at the Radisson at the Port that night.

What am I excited about? Beautiful ship, food, bacon, blue water and ocean breezes! And much, much, more!

ThreeCircles
07-06-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Hannosmom
What am I excited about? Beautiful ship, food, bacon, blue water and ocean breezes! And much, much, more!

Ok, ok, ok. I can definitely understand the excitement surrounding the beautiful Disney Magic, the food, the blue water, and the ocean breezes!

Where I loose you is the, um, bacon???

Well, then again, I guess it's no different than looking forward to the chilled mango soup or those yummy Conch Coolers! :D

http://disneycruiseaug16.0catch.com Last updated: 7/6/03

Hannosmom
07-06-2003, 09:01 PM
:p :p :p

Yep, bacon! My sis and I love bacon, but we don't eat it very often. But, every morning on the cruise, we get to have double (even triple :o ) servings of crispy, delicious bacon. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

OOOOO, I forgot, Mango Soup! Love it! And I love the 24 hour drink station. We would go up to deck 10 around 1am, fix a cup of tea, go to deck 4 and sit in those comfy loungers, sipping our tea and talk about how lucky we were to be on that beautiful ship. We're both nite owls, and with late dinner seating, it was after 1 before we could get to sleep (too full :p ).

Can't wait to do it all again!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

ThreeCircles
07-06-2003, 09:09 PM
And I love the 24 hour drink station. We would go up to deck 10 around 1am, fix a cup of tea, go to deck 4 and sit in those comfy loungers, sipping our tea and talk about how lucky we were to be on that beautiful ship. We're both nite owls, and with late dinner seating, it was after 1 before we could get to sleep (too full :p ).

Hannosmom--

You sound just like Travis and myself! We are usually up walking the decks and prowling around well into the early morning. It's just SOOOOO nice to watch the dark ocean roll by under the moon and stars!

Hannosmom
07-06-2003, 09:35 PM
Well, Jason, it looks like my sister and I will be running into you and Travis in the wee hours of the morning. Looking forward to it!

I think the 8/16 cruise is totally booked. I checked on the Disney site and there were no ressies available for that date anymore. Oh well, if it's gonna be a big crowd, I hope it's a fun crowd!

Catch ya later!

ThreeCircles
07-07-2003, 06:19 AM
Well, Jason, it looks like my sister and I will be running into you and Travis in the wee hours of the morning. Looking forward to it!

I think the 8/16 cruise is totally booked. I checked on the Disney site and there were no ressies available for that date anymore. Oh well, if it's gonna be a big crowd, I hope it's a fun crowd!

Catch ya later!

We'll be watching out for ya at the drinking station, Hannosmom!

Have you made any plans for excursions as of yet?

Hannosmom
07-07-2003, 04:21 PM
Hi ************, yes I have all my excursions planned and reserved.

In Key West, we are doing the trolley tour. We'll just be doing the touristy thing.

We will be visiting the stingrays in Grand Cayman.

Chankanaab (how do you pronounce that?) Park for Cozumel, for snorkeling.

Just doing the beachy thing at CC, some floating, some snorkeling, lots of laying about.:cool:

How about everybody else?

ThreeCircles
07-07-2003, 04:52 PM
We haven't prebooked any excursions as of yet. We are considering Captain Marvin's in Grand Cayman or some type of kayaking. In Cozumel we are considering the Tulum ruins.

In Key West we will just do our own thing. We want to visit Hemmingway's house, Duval Street, and a couple of other sites.

We probably won't actually decide for sure until the cruise itself! :)

As far as the touristy thing, we've got that down pat! Lots of shopping for little knick-knacks and such. We'll probably have a margarita in Key West, maybe a slice of Key Lime pie... Ahhh, the vacation life...

discruisegirl90
07-07-2003, 06:35 PM
Hi! I am 12 and my family and i are going on the disney cruise to the western caribbean on the 16th on august. My sister is 9. And I don't think My parents would like it very much if I said how old they were. If you have a kid or know of someone who is 12 or 9 and is going on the 8/16/03 western disney cruise please write back. Thanks!:cool: :smooth:

disney3144
07-08-2003, 05:37 AM
Hi Discruisegirl90. Welcome aboard. I wanted to let you that I have 2 boys 8 & 11. I know, I know....they are boys. :rolleyes: If I remember correctly though, there are a few girls that are around your age. (I remember because I was teasing my son);)
I'm sure there will be plenty of people to "hang" with. I'm sure you'll have the time of your life!

Jennifer

buzz638
07-08-2003, 07:20 AM
Hi disneycruisegirl90

We are booked on the 08/16 cruise and we have a 9 years old daughter(she will turn 10 on the ship) and she would love to meet you and your sister. We are from Québec and my daughter speaks french and a little english,so with a little help i am sure you'll have a lot of fun...

Disney3144 is right, there will be a few girls your age on board
-
-

Hi ************, did not have a chance to say hello, and welcome aboard...
for the excursions we are booked with capt.Marvins in GC ,
and the dolphin swim in Cozumel, and THAT is what we are most excited about....

Steff

starwood
07-08-2003, 07:29 AM
Just a quicknote.

We are flying back today fromj DL. It was fun but no WDW or cruise. I'll post more tomorrow after I clear up all my e-mail.

discruisegirl90
07-08-2003, 04:06 PM
Buzz638 I would love to meet your daughter, What age group is she going to be in on the ship? Will she be in 8-9 or 10-12? I just wondered because she was turning 10 on the ship.
Disney3144 I will probably see your oldest son some time on the ship, because we will be in the same age group.
Thanks for writng back. Hope To See You On THe Ship buzz368 and disney3144.

ThreeCircles
07-08-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by buzz638
Hi ************, did not have a chance to say hello, and welcome aboard...
for the excursions we are booked with capt.Marvins in GC ,
and the dolphin swim in Cozumel, and THAT is what we are most excited about....

Steff

Hello Buzz638!

We're actually thinking about Captain Marvins in Grand Cayman as well but haven't arrived at a firm decision as of yet. We were on the Western for the Thanksgiving cruise last year and just kind of toured the island on our own, which was really cool.

As for Cozumel... Still not sure on that one either! :)

http://disneycruiseaug16.0catch.com Last Updated: July 7, 2003

Verandah Man
07-08-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by ************
Hello Buzz638!

We're actually thinking about Captain Marvins in Grand Cayman as well but haven't arrived at a firm decision as of yet. We were on the Western for the Thanksgiving cruise last year and just kind of toured the island on our own, which was really cool.

As for Cozumel... Still not sure on that one either! :)

http://disneycruiseaug16.0catch.com Last Updated: July 7, 2003

It appears as though a certain "Three Circles" namely Jason, has a birthday coming up on August 23rd, the day he will be leaving the August 16th sailing of the Magic!!!

ThreeCircles
07-08-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Verandah Man
It appears as though a certain "Three Circles" namely Jason, has a birthday coming up on August 23rd, the day he will be leaving the August 16th sailing of the Magic!!!

Man! You're good!!!

I'm wondering how you keep track of all of us so well Verandah Man?! Part-time job with the CIA, FBI, or NIA? :D

Hannosmom
07-08-2003, 10:21 PM
Very cool, Jason! Great excuse for a big party!

Thanks, Andy!

ThreeCircles
07-08-2003, 10:37 PM
:D A big party or another cruise! :Pinkbounc

Marcotta
07-08-2003, 11:48 PM
Hmmm....

I know one person who will probably see a birthday cake delivered to his dining table.....:p

Verandah Man
07-09-2003, 05:02 AM
Man! You're good!!!

I'm wondering how you keep track of all of us so well Verandah Man?! Part-time job with the CIA, FBI, or NIA? :D

:wave:Jason,

Actually it is called the DIS. LOL!!!

It was quite easy Jason, I just looked at your profile page, and there was your birthday. Profile pages are very helpful when DIS'ers put information there!!!

ThreeCircles
07-09-2003, 09:15 AM
Hmmm....

I know one person who will probably see a birthday cake delivered to his dining table.....:p

Oh no! I tend to be a shy person and I don't know if I can take the anxiety associated with that! :D

Originally posted by Verandah Man]
Actually it is called the DIS. LOL!!!

It was quite easy Jason, I just looked at your profile page, and there was your birthday. Profile pages are very helpful when DIS'ers put information there!!!

AH, yes! I forgot that I had all that info listed! And, now that you've mentioned it Andy, it's going to be a kind of down birthday seeing as I'll have to leave the Magic! Well, at least I know she'll be in good hands! (Well, I pitty the shrimp.)

starwood
07-09-2003, 10:18 AM
OK - I'm back! What did I miss? I see our docs didn't come while I was away. Now I need to start cruise shopping and packing.:eek:

buzz638
07-09-2003, 10:34 AM
Welcome back starwood !

Hope you had a great time

Same here, did not received our docs yet...

Some new Disers showed up for our cruise....

Steff

tinkgurl93
07-09-2003, 02:20 PM
hi i'm 9 and i'm going on the cruise.:earsgirl:

ThreeCircles
07-09-2003, 07:37 PM
Hello fellow August 16th cruisers!

I just wanted everyone to know that I have updated the August 16th Disney Cruise List at http://disneycruiseaug16.0catch.com

Hopefully more people will send info to post on the site. Even if it's only your names, number in your party, and location. It'll help people get to know each other!

Talk to you all soon...

Hannosmom
07-09-2003, 09:11 PM
Hi Tinkgirl93! You must be dicruisegirl90's sister. You two are going to have so much fun on this cruise. I can hardly wait, how about you?

Hi ************! Awesome website, (nice to see you Marcotta!) I have printed off the dining rotation worksheet. It is just what I've been looking for! Thanks so much for doing all this!

discruisegirl90
07-09-2003, 09:17 PM
Yes, she is my sister. I can't wait. Is this your first cruise? This is my second one. I hope this one is as much fun as the first. I just can't wait.

ThreeCircles
07-09-2003, 09:59 PM
Hi ************! Awesome website, (nice to see you Marcotta!) I have printed off the dining rotation worksheet. It is just what I've been looking for! Thanks so much for doing all this!

Hey, no problem! Travis and I drew up a similar worksheet for our cruise in May. It was so difficult to attempt to fit everything in without missing something!

:bounce: So, only 37.5 days to go!!! :Pinkbounc

disney3144
07-10-2003, 04:24 PM
Hey everyone.....We got our DOCS!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: I'm soooo excited now.

Jennifer

starwood
07-10-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by disney3144
Hey everyone.....We got our DOCS!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: I'm soooo excited now.

Jennifer

OOOOOHHHH maybe ours will come tomorrow. :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

discruisegirl90
07-10-2003, 05:27 PM
Hey disney3144 my family and I will be in disney world before the cruise too. We are staying at beachclub.

disney3144
07-10-2003, 08:00 PM
Discruisegirl90.....we have 2 rooms at the all star movies. One for the kids, and one for the adults. Maybe we will see you around.;)

Jennifer

Marcotta
07-11-2003, 12:18 AM
Hey ************ - the matrices (that is the correct term right?) are fantastic! Thanks for putting these together. Hopefully more of us Aug. 16 cruisers will check out your site! Thanks for putting it together.

Hi to you too Hannosmom!

ThreeCircles
07-11-2003, 05:36 AM
Not a problem! You would think that I actually have a lot of time on my hands but that really couldn't be further from the truth!

I just look for diversions to distract me from all of the school work that I should be doing! Seems to work! :D

vcasey
07-11-2003, 12:29 PM
I'm back from the WORLD and my home away from home!! It was great but I'm sooo looking forward to this cruise.

I'm amazed at how much activity this thread had while I was away.

************ thanks for the web site I'll be posting a brand new pic of DD and myself from this trip shortly.

Discruisegirl90 and Tinkgurl93 my DD is 10 and would LOVE to get in touch with you 2 before and on the cruise. PM me and I'll give you an email to reach her.

buzz638
07-11-2003, 12:43 PM
Welcome back vcasey !!!

hope everything was perfect on that trip...

i guess you won't have to unpack...since we are a month or so away :p

Steff

ThreeCircles
07-11-2003, 05:21 PM

I'm amazed at how much activity this thread had while I was away.

This thread has nothing on the 10/11/2003 cruise. They have over 4300 posts!!! :eek:

Guess we'll have to play catch-up! Everyone ready?!

Verandah Man
07-11-2003, 06:44 PM
This thread has nothing on the 10/11/2003 cruise. They have over 4300 posts!!! :eek:

Guess we'll have to play catch-up! Everyone ready?!

:wave: Jason,

We sail the week after you, and we have 487 post, still a far cry from the 10/11/03 cruise, but did you see how many DIS'ers they have going on their cruise? That's the first cruise after dry dock.

ThreeCircles
07-11-2003, 08:06 PM
:wave: Jason,

We sail the week after you, and we have 487 post, still a far cry from the 10/11/03 cruise, but did you see how many DIS'ers they have going on their cruise? That's the first cruise after dry dock.

I guess our first objective should be to catch up to you guys then!
We even have a long way towards that goal!!!

I didn't see how many Dis'ers were on the 10/11/03 cruise but I did see that the thread was started over a year ago! Wow!

ThreeCircles
07-12-2003, 12:18 PM
Ok everyone, we're only 35 days away from setting sail on the Disney Magic!!!

what port is everyone looking forward to the most?

Still only two cruisers listed on the official August 16th Disney Magic Cruise List! Who's going to be next?

Tigger UK
07-12-2003, 02:35 PM
Hi to all fellow cruisers! Been away from these boards quite awhile – something to do with work…

Message for Vcasey, discruisegirl90, Max123, Tinkgurl93, My dd (11) would love to contact you all but I can’t seem to e-mail or pm any of you. Any suggestions for a meet on board?
Regards Gaynor.

ThreeCircles
07-12-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Tigger UK
Any suggestions for a meet on board?

Tigger UK--

I'm not sure if the plans have been finalized yet but there was talk of a general Dis meet at 5:30 after the sail-away party on the "secret" deck 7.

As I said, I don't know if everyone has agreed to this or not as the topic seems to have died off.

Tigger UK
07-12-2003, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the information ************. I'll keep watching these boards!

ThreeCircles
07-12-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Tigger UK
Thanks for the information ************. I'll keep watching these boards!

Hopefully as the cruise gets closer we'll have more input on this. Until then, I guess we'll just have to go with the info posted before! :o

tinkgurl93
07-13-2003, 08:25 AM
does anyone have a 9 year old that is going on the cruise.:earsgirl:

ashking
07-13-2003, 09:04 AM
I have two soon-to-be 8 year old boys going.

tinkgurl93
07-13-2003, 12:25 PM
thanks for the reply.:bounce:

vcasey
07-13-2003, 09:01 PM
Tinkgurl93...My DD is 10 but assuming the 93 in your user name is your birthyear you were both born the same year. She'd love to get in touch. She's also a Tink freak. In a previous post I told you to send me a private message, check yours.

TiggerUK & ************, I was under the impression that YES the 5:30 Sat meet was definitely a for sure thing.

TiggerUK also if don't mind turning on your own option to receive PMs then I'll try to get in touch with you since you haven't been able to send to me for some reason.

ThreeCircles
07-13-2003, 10:01 PM
TiggerUK & ************, I was under the impression that YES the 5:30 Sat meet was definitely a for sure thing.

Thanks for the info vcasey! I wasn't 100% sure if everyone had decided on the time and place and didn't want to give out incorrect information.

Do you know if many individuals are planning on attending the meet?

disney3144
07-14-2003, 05:34 AM
I will be there.:D

Jennifer

ThreeCircles
07-14-2003, 04:10 PM
Direct from Cleebration, Florida...

:bounce: We got our cruise docs today!!! :Pinkbounc

Verandah Man
07-14-2003, 04:46 PM

Jason,

Cleebration, Florida??? Someone is just a wee bit excited now, isn't one!!!???!!!

Glad your received your docs, looking forward for ours to be coming in soon for the August 23rd cruise!!!

starwood
07-14-2003, 05:24 PM

I want my docs:( . Maybe tomorrow.:confused: I know they have to be forwarded from Costco but everytime the Fedex truck pulls up out front I go running to meet it.

ThreeCircles
07-14-2003, 06:05 PM
Ok, ok. My mistake!

That would be Celebration, Florida!

You know, the one Disney owns! :)

4mouselovers
07-14-2003, 10:08 PM
Hi new to the forum - going on the same cruise - DH - 42 ; me - 42; DD - 13, DS turning 10 on the cruise. We are in Kissimee the week before the cruise at our rental home. If anybody is going from the Airport on the 16th around 9:00 in the morning we have a change for a limo if we can get 4 more people with us. We also have our shore excursions booked - We are doing the walking tour in Key West - 5 hours at the beach in Cozumel - Snorkeling in Grand Caymen. We also have our stateroom already - please let me know yours. My kids are on the shy side and would like to talk to some kids ahead of time. :Pinkbounc

Maleficent59
07-14-2003, 11:09 PM
My family (DH, DD7, MIL) and I will be sailing with you. We are from California (San Francisco originally), about 45 minutes from Disneyland. :D It's my 4th Magic cruise and the 2nd for my family. I haven't even thought about excursions yet (I just booked this cruise a couple of weeks ago). Our docs arrived last week.

I am looking forward to meeting you all (I think the rest of the family will be running around doing their own thing). Welcome 4mouselovers! See you all soon! -Sarah

ThreeCircles
07-15-2003, 06:40 AM
Hello Maleficent59 and 4mouselovers!!!

Welcome to the August 16th Cruise! Great to see that we're adding more people to our forum as we approach out sail date.

Make sure you guys check out the "August 16th Disney Cruise List" http://disneycruiseaug16.0catch.com

Talk to you soon!

starwood
07-15-2003, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by 4mouselovers
Hi new to the forum - going on the same cruise - DH - 42 ; me - 42; DD - 13, DS turning 10 on the cruise. We are in Kissimee the week before the cruise at our rental home. If anybody is going from the Airport on the 16th around 9:00 in the morning we have a change for a limo if we can get 4 more people with us. We also have our shore excursions booked - We are doing the walking tour in Key West - 5 hours at the beach in Cozumel - Snorkeling in Grand Caymen. We also have our stateroom already - please let me know yours. My kids are on the shy side and would like to talk to some kids ahead of time. :Pinkbounc

My DS is turning 11 next Thursday. He would love to talk to some others on the cruise. He can PM him through me. We are staying at the Radisson the night before. Make sure you come to our DIS meet at 5:30 on Deck 7 aft. I think it will be great for all the kids to meet before the cruise gets going.

dswatson
07-15-2003, 08:04 AM
DW & DH mid-40's, DS 8, DD 10 on our 1st Disney cruise (8/16 Magic/Western). We're from Connecticut. DS is a diehard Yankees fan, loves to play baseball and collects Yu gi oh cards. DD is a horseback rider and softball player. We'd love to hear from others with kid these ages.

mad4themouse
07-15-2003, 09:30 AM
I PM'd you. My children are the same ages as yours (DD13 & DS11).

4mouselovers, we are doing the 5-hour Cozumel beach break also! It just sounded so relaxing.

You can have you children PM mine thru me. They would love to hear from others their age. Hopefully we can get them all together at the DIS meet on Deck 7.

ThreeCircles
07-15-2003, 04:09 PM
New cruisers added to the August 16th Disney Cruise List!

disney3144
07-15-2003, 04:37 PM
DSWatson.....I have Two DS's 8 & turning 11 on the cruise. Both of my boys play baseball also. I'm sure they would love to hang with your kids. :smooth: This will be our 1st cruise too. We are all getting very excited!!

:Pinkbounc :bounce:

ashking
07-15-2003, 06:20 PM
Hey Disney3144, I have 7 year old twin boys going on the Aug. 16 trip. They wil be 8 on Sept. 15. What are your boys interested in besides Baseball?

starwood
07-16-2003, 05:49 AM
Cruise time must be getting close - I had my first cruise nightmare last night. I dreamed the seas were really rough and I forgot ALL my seasick medications. Maybe I'll pack those right now.

ThreeCircles
07-16-2003, 09:31 AM
Just added another TWO cruisers to the August 16th Cruise List!

Marcotta
07-16-2003, 02:33 PM
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

I'm officially joining the HAPPY DANCE :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

We got our Docs today!!!!

starwood
07-16-2003, 06:33 PM
I'm so jealous of you people that got your documents. The Fedex guy is here everyday with a box for DH and I jump up and go running downstairs everytime I see the truck.:(

Marcotta
07-16-2003, 06:39 PM
Starwood: When I picture that in my mind (you jumping up everytime the FedEx guy comes around), I just crack up laughing!

...ok, so I've been checking the mail 3 times a day at work since hearing that they started arriving to see if I had a certain box yet. ;)

ThreeCircles
07-16-2003, 06:57 PM
Everyone's getting their docs!!! That MUST mean the cruise is getting closer! :)

Just added THREE more cruisers to the August 16th Disney Cruise List! http://disneycruiseaug16.0catch.com

ThreeCircles
07-16-2003, 08:51 PM
...ok, so I've been checking the mail 3 times a day at work since hearing that they started arriving to see if I had a certain box yet. ;)

Marcotta--

Now that you've received your docs, what are you going to do with all that spare time that you used to spend at the mailbox?!

:)

Added another cruiser to our August 16th Disney Cruise List!

Marcotta
07-17-2003, 12:17 AM
Marcotta--

Now that you've received your docs, what are you going to do with all that spare time that you used to spend at the mailbox?!

Good question - I suppose now I should get some work done but then I wouldn't have time to read the Dis boards now would I?

By the way, is it just me or is anyone else NOT getting email notifications? :confused:

Verandah Man
07-17-2003, 05:11 AM
You need to check out this thread on the tech board about e-mail notifications.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=403237

mad4themouse
07-17-2003, 09:57 AM
and my documents are in!!

Finally, we have a stateroom assignment! Now I can really feel like we're going!

Marcotta
07-17-2003, 10:42 AM
You need to check out this thread on the tech board about e-mail notifications.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=403237

Thanks Andy - now I know what the problem is (I'm an AOL user). That just figures!! :mad:

Marcotta
07-17-2003, 06:36 PM
so I'd like to know - who is making their husbands wear tuxedos on formal night. Or for the guys on the Dis, are you voluntaily wearing a tux on formal night?

just curious

Verandah Man
07-17-2003, 06:55 PM
so I'd like to know - who is making their husbands wear tuxedos on formal night. Or for the guys on the Dis, are you voluntaily wearing a tux on formal night?

just curious

No tux here, I will be taking my black suit, with my gold and black Mickey tie on our 8-23-03 cruise.

ThreeCircles
07-17-2003, 07:57 PM
No tux here, I will be taking my black suit, with my gold and black Mickey tie on our 8-23-03 cruise.

I noticed your gold Mickey tie in one of your photo albums, Andy. Very snazzy and more than a little appropriate, I would say! :)

Marcotta--

Travis and I wear suits on formal night and semi-formal night. Although I think a tux looks pretty nice, I don't personally own one and can't see spending the money on an outfit I would hardley ever wear. Of course, there is always rentals.

Verandah Man
07-17-2003, 08:11 PM
I noticed your gold Mickey tie in one of your photo albums, Andy. Very snazzy and more than a little appropriate, I would say! :)

Marcotta--

Travis and I wear suits on formal night and semi-formal night. Although I think a tux looks pretty nice, I don't personally own one and can't see spending the money on an outfit I would hardley ever wear. Of course, there is always rentals.

I'm wearing the gold and black Mickey tie with my black shirt and suit for formal night, then I have a red and black Mickey tie that I will be wearing with a white shirt and black suit on semi-formal night. I've only wore a tux twice in my life, once when I got married almost 28 years ago(it was sky blue and I wore blue suede platform shoes, it was 1975 what can I say). The second time was when my DW and I renewed our marriage vows on Valentine's Day 1999. Did you ever get the feeling that BLUE is my favorite color.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/62Andy_and_Hazel_10-24-75-med.JPG

ThreeCircles
07-17-2003, 09:26 PM
Just added FIVE new cruisers to the August 16th Disney Cruise List!

disney3144
07-18-2003, 06:56 PM
BUMP:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

max123
07-18-2003, 07:50 PM
TiggerUK

feel free to email us at meeppers123@aol.com to set up a meeting for the 8/16 cruise for our daughters.

vcasey, discruisegirl90 and tinkgurl93 please consider the same offer.

thanks
Chris

ThreeCircles
07-19-2003, 05:54 AM
Just updated the August 16th Disney Cruise List with THREE new cruisers!

starwood
07-19-2003, 01:06 PM
I GOT MY DOCUMENTS!!!!!

They came priority mail instead of Fedex this time.:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

ThreeCircles
07-19-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by starwood
I GOT MY DOCUMENTS!!!!!

They came priority mail instead of Fedex this time.:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Glad to hear it Starwood! Only 27 days to go!!!

lynr
07-19-2003, 02:53 PM
Starwood:

Did you book through Disney or a Travel Agent? I used Dreamsunlimited Travel and I am wondering if it will take longer to get them that way?

It's getting close I can't wait.:bounce: :earsgirl: :sunny: :Pinkbounc

Linda1
07-19-2003, 03:33 PM
I also used Dreams Unlimited and haven't received my documents. Knowing that you haven't received yours either doesn't really make the wait any easier, but a little less stressful. :crazy:

Linda in WNY

lynr
07-19-2003, 03:42 PM
Linda1:

No worries needed. I have used Dreams in the past and the reason it takes alittle longer is that the documents go to them first and then they send them to us.

Lyn

starwood
07-19-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by lynr
Starwood:

Did you book through Disney or a Travel Agent? I used Dreamsunlimited Travel and I am wondering if it will take longer to get them that way?

It's getting close I can't wait.:bounce: :earsgirl: :sunny: :Pinkbounc

I booked through Costco.

ThreeCircles
07-19-2003, 08:44 PM
I called Disney Cruise Line earlier today to ask if they had any staterooms available on the August 16th sailing. The agent told me that the highest cabin level they had was a category 10 and that the ship was very full!

Just thought everyone might be interested to know that.

lynr
07-19-2003, 09:23 PM
I wanted to take a friend of my sons and they said there weren't any rooms left to hold 4. The said the ship was at capacity.

Lyn

ThreeCircles
07-19-2003, 10:33 PM
Perhaps they've had some cancellations... :confused:

lynr
07-19-2003, 10:38 PM
Maybe it was because they are in a higher category than we are. We are in 6 and would have to go to category 5 for a room to hold 4 people. We are on a waiting list in hopes that something will opens up.

I can't wait. Is a meet scheduled for on board? It seems like there are a whole lot of DISers on board.

Lyn

:D

Maleficent59
07-20-2003, 12:50 AM
Lyn, we had a similar problem when we booked (no room for 4). I split us into two separate staterooms. I just looked on the DCL website and there is a cat 5 available on this sailing. Alternatively, maybe there is a cat 11 close to your cat 6 stateroom? It looks like there is a promotional price on the cat 11 which may minimize the cost differential.

Yes, we have a planned DIS meet at 5:30 Deck 7 Aft. I'll use ************' list and print out name tags (nothing fancy).

Andy, what a great pic! I'm sorry that I will miss meeting you and your family. You're going to LOVE the cruise (can't believe it'll be your first)!

-Sarah

Marcotta
07-20-2003, 01:39 AM
So ************ -

What's the story on these Man-Eating Lizards in FL that is all over the news??? YIKES!!

Buckaroo's Dad
07-20-2003, 04:14 AM
What's the story on these Man-Eating Lizards in FL that is all over the news???

Marcotta - up north here we call 'em Divorce Attorneys...

ThreeCircles
07-20-2003, 10:59 AM
So ************ -

What's the story on these Man-Eating Lizards in FL that is all over the news??? YIKES!!

Are you talking about these, Marcotta?

http://www.photovault.com/Link/Animals/Reptiles/Alligators/ARAVolume01/ARAV01P06_10.jpg

Unfortunately, like elsewhere in the United States, humans are encroaching upon these animals' natural habitats and thus they are becoming more and more accustomed to living side-by-side humans. When this happens, they tend to loose that natural fear of things unknown to them. This, in turn, is viewed as a "danger" to humans in the area and the animals are captured and killed.

Our state, and its current so-called leadership, has failed to protect the natural habitats and resources by allowing uncontrolled development and growth. I, for one, say feed them to the alligators!

ThreeCircles
07-20-2003, 11:10 AM
Sorry, was that too politically heavy for the Dis Board??? :eek:

;)

Buckaroo's Dad
07-20-2003, 12:12 PM
was that too politically heavy for the Dis Board???

Nah, ************. Unless one is a developer, furrier or trapper...

ThreeCircles
07-20-2003, 01:22 PM
Hello all!

I've made some additions to our August 16th Disney Cruise List! You can now check out the current weather conditions and weather forecasts for each of the ports of call on our cruise!

Marcotta
07-20-2003, 03:28 PM
Oh boy! OK - Forget I even asked! :p (about the Lizards that is) However: BD - Great Comeback!!

************: Love the weather updates on your website.

ThreeCircles
07-21-2003, 05:54 AM
Just added another party to our August 16th Disney Cruise List!

disney3144
07-21-2003, 05:55 AM
I don't want this thread to get lost.:rolleyes:

Jennifer

Only 26 more days to go!! Whooo Hooo!!

Buckaroo's Dad
07-21-2003, 06:05 AM
Hey there Jennifer.

I don't want this thread to get lost.

Your post time: 7-21-2003 06:55 AM

************ post time: 7-21-2003 06:54 AM

Welcome to the "Excellent Thought/Poor Timing" Club...

10yrann
07-21-2003, 11:50 AM
Our doc's have arrived !!!! How exciting. Was I the last one to receive them??? It certainly did feel like it. Can't wait. I am trying really hard not to pack early. Although as I put out some of the "to take" items in our spare room, I think I need to have two areas "necessity" and "can live without/will buy if it becomes a necessity". Any other advise will be well received.

Lisa

buzz638
07-21-2003, 12:39 PM
Hi everyone

Our doc's have arrived !!!! How exciting. Was I the last one to receive them???

No you are not:mad: I am still waiting for mine to arrive.
I am getting A LITTLE nervous as i see more and more people getting their docs...and even some cruisers from the August 23rd cruise received them:confused:

I guess i'll to be patient...

Steff

10yrann
07-21-2003, 01:20 PM
Buzz638, We Canadian always seem to get the short end of the stick. But as I got mine today, this could be a good sign.

Lisa

NYGiantsRule!
07-21-2003, 01:31 PM
We do not have our docs here in NJ yet. I keep hoping that I will get home from work and find them on the porch.

Buckaroo's Dad
07-21-2003, 03:22 PM
We Canadian always seem to get the short end of the stick.
We do not have our docs here in NJ yet.

Perhaps Jersey is considered a part of Canada concerning the short ends of sticks...

Linda1
07-21-2003, 03:58 PM
We're still, not so patiently, waiting in New York. :bounce:

Linda in WNY

Hannosmom
07-21-2003, 04:31 PM
Still waiting here in Virginia, too. Not very patiently, though. DD is at the door several times a day, hoping the docs are on the front porch. Poor thing, I'm sure I will have to give her tranquilizers when she sees the ship for the first time. :)

Welcome back, BD! You have been missed.

lynr
07-21-2003, 04:48 PM
No documents here at this end of New Jersey either.:confused:

Hopefully soon!

Lyn

Buckaroo's Dad
07-21-2003, 04:56 PM
Welcome back, BD! You have been missed.

Thank you, Linda.

Received our documents over a week ago. The only family member not showing any excitement is Mister Sparks (the hampster). But then again he isn't coming along either...

ThreeCircles
07-21-2003, 05:38 PM
Geez! Poor Mister Sparks! I guess a hampster can't get a break!

ThreeCircles
07-21-2003, 05:45 PM
Just added another August 16th Cruiser to our list!

starwood
07-21-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Buckaroo's Dad
Perhaps Jersey is considered a part of Canada concerning the short ends of sticks...

Well not Northern NJ because I got mine on Saturday. So they are on their way!

disney3144
07-21-2003, 07:34 PM
Hi - this is disney3144 - DH - this is the first time I read the DIS boards. Disney3144 has been packed for the last 3 weeks and she is driving me nuts with her 4 pages of items to bring and pack. I just got done reading all (16) pages - it sounds like BD and rest of the group is looking to have a great deal of fun. I will be looking forward to see all of you at the meeting place aboard ship.

Joe

ThreeCircles
07-22-2003, 07:02 AM
I just got done reading all (16) pages - it sounds like BD and rest of the group is looking to have a great deal of fun. I will be looking forward to see all of you at the meeting place aboard ship.

Joe

Looks like the Dis Boards have hooked another! :)

starwood
07-22-2003, 10:57 AM
Just back from the pediatrician's office:( . DS has a cold (I thought it was allergies but Allergy meds weren't working). I'm pretty sure I have it too (sure feels like allergies). Time to get plenty of rest because there is NO WAY we will be sick for the cruise.

Last cruise I had the worst sore throat 2 weeks before and I couldn't shake it. I ended up taking antibiotics and finished the last one the day we set sail.

buzz638
07-22-2003, 12:01 PM
Starwood, you and your familly, lots of rest, take it easy and relax if you can.

Want to see all of you in the best of condition for that long awaited cruise...

Steff

P.S. Still no docs here...:mad:

disney3144
07-22-2003, 05:07 PM
BUMP:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Hannosmom
07-22-2003, 06:00 PM
OK, OK, I'm going to apologize to everyone up front, but I am going to come here and whine every day until my documents arrive.

WWWWWWHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Buckaroo's Dad
07-22-2003, 06:08 PM
Hi Linda.

Still waiting here in Virginia, too. Not very patiently, though. DD is at the door several times a day, hoping the docs are on the front porch. Poor thing,

Humm, I wonder where she gets that personality trait from? (Hint:
I am going to come here and whine every day until my documents arrive. )

lynr
07-22-2003, 06:17 PM
I can't wait for my documents either. I actually stopped the Fedex driver as I was driving down my street to ask him if he had anything for me.

In the meantime last week AirTran sent me an email that our flight to Florida on Saturday was cancelled. So now we are going the night before the cruise and staying at the Polynesian. She how I managed to get that night at Disney in.

Lyn :D

ThreeCircles
07-22-2003, 06:50 PM
Boy, you wouldn't say that people on this board were excited about the upcoming cruise, would you?

:D

ThreeCircles
07-22-2003, 08:03 PM
Just added another August 16th Cruiser to the August 16th Disney Cruise List!

Hannosmom
07-22-2003, 09:10 PM
yeah, BD,.....like mother, like daughter. :)

I know we're going on the cruise, yes, I know it's all paid for, yes, I've done all the planning, and prepacking (probably 4 pages worth, too, lol Disney 3144).....but I still want that tangible, touchable, very lovely document in my hand.

(oops that sounds like whining again, wwwhhhiiinnneee ):p

Hannosmom
07-22-2003, 09:16 PM
LOL, Lynr, never thought about stopping the Fedex driver.

Hmmm.....maybe I can set up a road block/checkpoint for our Fedex driver.....(where can I get those orange cones?);)

Buckaroo's Dad
07-22-2003, 09:32 PM
maybe I can set up a road block/checkpoint for our Fedex driver.....(where can I get those orange cones?)

Probably from Lyn...

lynr
07-22-2003, 09:35 PM
Update I just heard from Dreamsunlimited Travel and they said Disney said my documents went out today. Yeah!!!!

Oh, if anyone is interested I do have orange cones for the Fedex guy.

:bounce:Lyn :Pinkbounc

Marcotta
07-22-2003, 11:15 PM
sounds like we're NEARLY ready for a party!!!!!!

disney3144
07-23-2003, 04:20 PM
Hey everyone. DH booked our Palo dinner & champagne brunch today. Our brunch is scheduled for Thursday @ 10 am. They are putting us at a table for 5. They asked him if we wanted to sit with anyone in particular. DH said "not yet" . So what I'm trying to say is, if anyone wants to do the bruch also, we have room at our table.:D

Jennifer

ThreeCircles
07-23-2003, 07:07 PM
Hey everyone. DH booked our Palo dinner & champagne brunch today. Our brunch is scheduled for Thursday @ 10 am. They are putting us at a table for 5. They asked him if we wanted to sit with anyone in particular. DH said "not yet" . So what I'm trying to say is, if anyone wants to do the bruch also, we have room at our table.:D

Jennifer

Am I missing something here?

Palo can't be booked until you board the Magic. :confused:

disney3144
07-23-2003, 07:26 PM
************....We are in a cat 3 room, so we are able to prebook Palo before boarding the ship.:) I'm going to take advantage of every opportunity I can get. Heck, I'm paying for it.;)

Jennifer