PDA

View Full Version : What to wear?

jfis1020
06-02-2003, 09:47 PM
This may sound like a dumb questions, but DH insists I ask! He thinks we should just show up in our swim suits/cover ups when we check in for our cruise. He says we are off to the pool as soon as we get the loose ends tied up with the ressies. Does this sound silly to you?

Buckaroo's Dad
06-02-2003, 10:07 PM
Does this sound silly to you?

Not at all...

trishy
06-02-2003, 11:04 PM
It sounds like a great idea. You'll be the first ones in the pool.

ohioMickey
06-02-2003, 11:07 PM
We sailed for the first time last month and had the same question. We opted to dress in regular clothes and pack swim stuff in our carry-on bags.

We get to deck 9 with the kids (DS 6yr and DD 8yr), and the pools are completely empty. They are excited to be the first ones in. But first we had to locate restrooms (the location is not exactly obvious the first time you sail) and then maneuver around the tiny space of a cruiseliner stall with a suddenly modest kid. Not to mention keeping track of the carry-ons because the stateroom isn't ready yet.

Alas, when we are finally ready, their were plenty of others splashing around the pools. So either these other people boarded with swim wear on or they changed in front of all of deck 9. Common sense tells me the former is true.

So next trip, my son and I will board with swim trunks and t-shirts and my wife and daughter plan to wear swimsuits under their shorts and t-shirt. My wife thought about wearing her official cover-up, but changed her mind to shorts and a t-shirt over the suit when she remembered the shutters photographer taking all those pre-boarding pictures.

Hope that helps.

DOOGIERUNNER
06-03-2003, 08:45 AM
We pack our swim wear in our day bags. After check-in, we drop our day bags off at our stateroom. If our host is in we make sure it's OK, then we go eat and head to the pools.

BethC1952
06-03-2003, 11:07 AM
For our second cruise we wore our swimwear under our clothing. They were dry--it had been too cold in Florida to take our coats off, never mind go swimming! Also, our embarkation pictures from the year before had been AWFUL (we're just not very photogenic), so this year we dressed better and tried to look more like tourists enjoying themselves rather than refugees! The effort wasn't as successful as I would have liked (you can see it here (http://www.wdwpics.com/gallery/BethC1952-Disney-Wonder/CRUISE_WONDER_Embarkation_Dec_2002)), but it was definitely better than the previous one, which we didn't even bother to buy.

Beth

jackdis
06-03-2003, 07:26 PM
I think the picture is wonderful! Grandpa looks like a sweet man!! I'm so excited....we leave in a few more weeks! (First time!!) Thanks for sharing the pictures.

thedisneymom
06-03-2003, 10:52 PM
I think all of you look wonderful. Great photograph of happy people.

jfis1020
06-04-2003, 04:11 PM
You look great.................and not to mention happy! Who wouldn't be happy boarding "Mickey's Boat"?

Thanks for all your insights folks!

BD~ I was kinda expecting a funny comeback. You always seem to have a great insight!