PDA

View Full Version : Spa/palo Ressie Rush Question

okwmember92
06-02-2003, 06:09 PM
For recent cruisers: We are two families sailing soon, 6/21 Magic; Do we send the kids 17,17 & 12 to Parrot Cay for buffet and hold our seats, while adults go make Palo/spa ressies? We are planning on arriving to Port early, driving over and will be in the line early if not first. Will have walkie-talkies so we can let kids know how things are going or does this take too long? Really want to sit together, but not make the kids stand in line for ressies.

Need expert opinions.

Thanks, Kim

WDWLVR
06-02-2003, 07:43 PM
If you have the walkie talkies that would work great. On our 5/10 cruise my DH and his parents went up to Topsiders while I went and booked Palo. Then when I was done gave them a quick call and found them easily. We didn't want to do the spa this time so that wasn't part of the equation, but if you could split the adults up to do Palo and the spa that would work best.

BTW - if you only want one night in Palo you only need to send one person - they can make it for a larger table. Like I said we had my in-laws with us and I was able to make a reservation for all 4 of us.

We were too late for high tea <sigh> and didn't want to do brunch, but we got the night and time we wanted.

floridaminnie
06-02-2003, 08:25 PM
Just to let you know, you probably won't be able to make ressies until at least 1pm. Just look at your navigator when you check in b/c you should have enough time to eat as much as you want before the rush!

JLSM97
06-02-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by WDWLVR
We were too late for high tea <sigh> and didn't want to do brunch, but we got the night and time we wanted.

We were too late for high tea too, even though Palo reservations were our first stop. We asked to be put on a wait list and got a call the next morning for tea that afternoon! If you really want to "do" Palo and there are no reservations available, don't give up--keep calling and there's a good chance you'll get in.

We went for high tea, dinner, and brunch. High tea was okay. Dinner was fabulous. Brunch was to DIE for!! :D

AprilN
06-03-2003, 01:02 AM
Just to let you know, you probably won't be able to make ressies until at least 1pm.

At least on the 2/22 Magic sailing, both the spa and Palo reservation locations were open for business as soon as we boarded the ship - which was around 12:15. We made all our reservations first, dropped off our carry-ons at our stateroom (after checking with the steward) and we were relaxing outside the buffet by 1:00.

April

okwmember92
06-03-2003, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the responses. In 2000 we were not able to make ressie until 1 or 1:30 so we had plenty of time to eat, but reading recent navigatiors they start taking reservations at 12:15ish.

Kim