PDA

View Full Version : Match Your Mate (almost)

FOJMO
06-02-2003, 01:54 PM
Well, we were on the Magic last week and we had been wanting to get on "Match Your Mate" for several cruises now. For the 3 competing couples, they always pick a newlywed/honeymooning couple, a couple who's been married the longest, and then the "middle" couple. In past cruises, the middle couple was just selected by the emcee from those couples married between 5-20 some years. But this time, instead of just picking from this group, he asked those couples to do the craziest, wildest thing they could think of and the audience would pick from their applause.

Well, my DH and I just started kissing PASSIONATELY, DH dipping me low, and we even lost our
balance (but never the kiss) and actually fell on to the floor (didn't plan that part), all the while still kissing and the audience went crazy.

Well, we thought we had it made cause the emcee was facing us and exclaiming the audience's
response.

When ALL OF A SUDDEN, this "other couple" just took it upon themselves to just walk up on stage and sat down in the "middle" seat!!! The look on the emcee's face when he turned around and saw them and the audience's response was one of disdain.

However, he apologized to US, and kept the couple that had already sat down! They were
UNBELIEVABLY bold. I guess that's what they thought was "crazy and wild".

We left shortly thereafter, as we were very upset and disappointed and couldn't bring ourselves to stick around. I heard later from some fellow DISers that this couple was not well received by the audience nor the emcee throughout the game.

This couple also sat at the table next to us for every dinner and I don't think I should share what we called them amongst ourselves for the rest of the cruise. (They didn't win, by the way, the older couple did, thankfully).

VAL

feenie
06-02-2003, 02:21 PM
That is SO rude!!! I can't belive how some people just have no respect for the rules or for other people.

inkkognito
06-02-2003, 02:43 PM
I could never be a crew member because I know they have to be nice, but in a situation like that, I wouldn't be able to bite my tongue...I'd have to say, "Sorry, but you'll have to sit down. You apparently misunderstood me, but I asked for the wildest couple, not the rudest."
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.*****************

Buckaroo's Dad
06-02-2003, 03:21 PM
Hi Val. How rude! The emcee should have maintained control of the "situation," and have audience applause decide which couple gets to participate...

DCL Repeaters
06-02-2003, 03:38 PM
I'm sorry that happpened. That was so rude on their part I am surprised the Emcee allowed that to happen. The Emcee should have told them that you were the ones that was picked. I do not blame you for leaving.

ToDisney
06-02-2003, 04:05 PM
Aw man!! I knew DH and I would miss something!! I totally forgot about Match Your Mate!! (That's what happens when you forget your highlighter, I guess!) ;)

I'm glad the couple didn't win... although I guess that was pretty crazy!!

jlawall
06-02-2003, 07:26 PM
Well, I think was an opportunity for the CM to be ASSERTIVE and remind the other couple that HE was going to pick and not them. I'm sorry you were disappointed but it was really the CM's fault for not taking better charge of the game.

thedisneymom
06-02-2003, 07:53 PM
Sometimes the CMs do not take a stand. My family knew almost every answer to the music trivia contest with another family close behind. It is easy to spot-people yelling I know it! We were having a great time until the CM asked everyone their total score. My family tied with the other. No problem except there was a couple who lied and after hearing our score announced a higher number. We said nothing but every other table yelled boo. The CM looked uncomfortable but gave them the first place medals. Very disappointing. We were given a mug which my children presented to younger children that hadn't won prizes. I think they really were the winners after all. :D