PDA

View Full Version : cabin 6606-is it noisy being over Buena Vista Theatre?

sstucush
06-02-2003, 11:00 AM
I'm an obsessive planner and I'm probably overthinking this issue but..................will we hear movies playing in the theatre if our cabin (6606) is over the rear of the theatre?

It's also a connecting cabin. My overall impression from reading this board is you will hear the family in the cabin next to you if they are noisy regardless of connecting/nonconnecting. I like the mid-aft location of 6606 but I'm also a light sleeper and I worry (obsess?) about hearing noise through the connecting door. Should I continue to worry/obsess about these issues or should I just call my TA?

Many thanks!

Ethelina
06-02-2003, 11:31 AM
I don't have your answer but I know someone on this board will know!! They have most if not all the answers...I love that! I will be in that same area and would like to know also???

Thanks
E

Samsma
06-02-2003, 12:37 PM
Hi! I'll be in 6608 on the Eastern Magic the 28th. I've asked this same question, and was told the noise is not a problem. I doubt whether we'd be in our cabin at the same time the shows were going on anyway. I'll tell you for sure when I get back!

LoveMickey
06-02-2003, 01:13 PM
I'd be interest in the answer to this question also, since we'll be in 6606 on the Wonder on 11/30.

:-)

kstelzner
06-02-2003, 05:13 PM
We just got back... we were on the May 24th Western. We were in 6612 and our other party was in 6613. We have an 18 month old and had to give her naps everyday in the afternoon. The noise was a problem. All you heard was the base sounds... like you were at a rap party or something. Our other party heard it too, but only right before bed (10ish) since they didn't have an infant that took naps during the day. The other (more annoying) noise we noticed was this banging noise on the lifeboats right underneath us. It was like hours (during afternoon naps only) of someone trying to hammer a nail into the lifeboat (doesn't really work does it?).

Our DD obviously was tired enough to sleep through most of it, though 1 or 2 times she did wake up earlier than normal from her naps because of the noises. She was used to sleeping with the fan from the bathroom at home to drown out noises, so we were surprised about how fast she adjusted without it, but if we were to do it again, 7th deck would be our first choice.

LAMPSKIES
06-02-2003, 06:52 PM
We'll be in 6608 on the Nov. 29 Eastern. Darn now the DD's will know when we are in route back to the stateroom....when the music stops. heheheheheh!

ohiominnie
06-02-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by LoveMickey
I'd be interest in the answer to this question also, since we'll be in 6606 on the Wonder on 11/30.

:-)

Hey neighbor!!

We'll be in 6600 and 6602 on the 11/30 wonder!!! :)

Jobro2
06-02-2003, 08:11 PM
We'll be in 6606 next week...we were in 6110 on our last cruise...almost same area, but port side. We didn't hear anything, and liked the location so much that we asked to be put in the same general area, but startboard side this time....will let you know if we hear anything, but we're not too worried...

sstucush
06-02-2003, 08:37 PM
At home we use electric fans to make white noise at night. I usually pack a fan and plug it in at the hotel when we travel. Would there be a problem doing the same on the Magic?

We (me, DH, DD8, DD10) go to bed by 9:30 so I'm sure movies will be playing at that time. I suppose it depends on an individual's sensitivity to noise and possibly the type of movie playing. I guess we'll take our chances. Hopefully the lifeboats will be quiet for us.

By the way, we're cruising on the March 27, 2004 Western. It'll be our first cruise!

LoveMickey
06-03-2003, 05:49 AM
We'll be in room 6604, sorry for the incorrect number of an earlier post.

Cannot wait to go on our very first Cruise.

:D

mac_tlc
06-03-2003, 06:00 AM
We were in 6608 from the Magic in Nov. 2001. We did not notice any ship noise. However, the seas were quite rough all week due to some stiff winds and the cabin noise (creak, squeak, crackle) at night was a problem. But I was told that the whole ship was "rockin & rollin". That was the one trip that we forgot to bring the sleep machine !!!

Hey, Ron .. what a coincidence .. you will be in the same cabin we had.. and after all of our letter-writing regarding the 11/29/02 non-cruise !!! Enjoy !!!

mac_tlc

ohiominnie
06-03-2003, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by LoveMickey
We'll be in room 6604, sorry for the incorrect number of an earlier post.

Cannot wait to go on our very first Cruise.

LoveMickey,
You will literally be next door to us. Actually, you'll be next door to my parents and my son. We'll be on the other side of them.
Too cool!
Any kids in your party?

LoveMickey
06-03-2003, 11:53 AM
ohiominnie,

Just the 2 of us, but we are kids at heart. This will be our first cruise ever so we have lots of questions.

Have you cruised with Disney before?

ohiominnie
06-03-2003, 01:30 PM
LoveMickey,
Actually, we cruised 5/4-5/8 on the wonder, but I've never really gotten off the ship. As we speak the cruise music CD we created is playing in the background.
We loved it so much we have the 11/30 cruise booked and also a 5/8 7 day cruise booked for next year.
I'm also hearing rumors that the company I "work" for may put together a late winter/early spring cruise on DCL for all of it's staff and clients (it's a homeschool curriculum group) If that turns out to be the case, we'll probably bag our winter ski trip and cruise instead. :)
Maybe some day I'll get tired of it, but right now I'm obssessed! :)
Feel free to PM me if you've got questions.
We'll try to be quiet neighbors!

newhampshire4
06-03-2003, 07:02 PM
We were in the room next to KStelzner (totally forgot there was a DIS board person right next to us!) on the same cruise... only once did we notice a "base" noise from the theater, but then again, we were rarely in our room to sleep before 11:30pm. I did hear the tapping noise on the lifeboats during the day a couple of times... but they were painting them and areas of Deck 4... I'm sure that rotates from cruise to cruise ;) I think the only noise that ever bothered me was someone playing shuffleboard at 2am, but then again, our verandah door was open.