PDA

View Full Version : June Challenge

FantasticDisFamily
06-02-2003, 07:40 AM
Ok folks! Looks like I came through as the dark horse at the end so to speak and won the May challenge. :p So here is the thread to join for the June challenge. There were several of you asking about the challenge at the end of May so we hope to see you joining in this month.

For other newbies the process is simple:

1. Post that you're joining here
2. Periodically post how many pages you've completed
3. At the end of the month post your total

This month's prize package:

Ok, I'm going to look through what I have when I get home and will post an update but I know for sure that it will include:

Several panoramic embellishment photos - for those not familiar these are awesome and my LSS has wonderful ones that are proprietary to her store. She does sell them to other LSS so you may have seen them under the Scrapbook 101 logo. Shotz does some in black and white mainly but her's are in color. You can use them as backgrounds, cut them into strips for borders, or use them as a "mat" for a title. Actually the possibilities are only as endless as your imagination!

Of course several sheets of Disney stickers and paper

I'll post a more complete list tomorrow! For now GET SCRAPPING!

You all are going to have to take my place this month. I HAVE to complete DD's Honor Scout uniform this week, and then I have some alterations to do on garments the following week, and then it will be time to pack as we're off on our cruise June 20th! So that last week I'll be on the Magic rather than scrapping with you!

Deb

nicki dahling
06-02-2003, 08:18 AM
I'm in. New scrapspace so I feel very motivated to scrap. As a matter of fact did two layouts This weekend.

crazyforpooh
06-02-2003, 11:07 AM
I did 10 pages yesterday in the rain storm. It was fun cropping with my DD. Usually she's not interested even though I bought her a ton of stuff for Christmas but now she's getting in to it also. I think this is going to get more costly than it already is.

Laura

AJA55
06-02-2003, 11:25 AM
Ok…I’m one of the people that asked about this thing last month. I’d love to play with you guys this month. I have a book that covers quarterly dinner’s out with family/friends that goes back to 1982 or 83. We just had our Spring dinner Saturday and I would like to have the book done by our next “Four Seasons!” (that’s what we call our group) This challenge will help. I completed two pages yesterday ! ! ! !

Beanie
06-02-2003, 04:07 PM
I'm definitely in! I have an entire room in the house to myself now with just my scrapbooking stuff!! :) I was up until 2 am last night doing 3 layouts...One of Buzzlightyear's Space Ranger Spin, one of Innovations at Epcot and one of Wilderness Lodge...so, my count is at 6 pages this month so far! Not a bad start! :)

Disneynut11676
06-02-2003, 06:18 PM
OK, everyone's got me hooked. I too, was one of the people that asked how the "challenge" works, so I figured that I would give it a go this month. I finally bought all of the stuff to do our Disney honeymoon album from 2 years ago, so I am hoping this challenge will give me the much needed motivation to finish it!

firstmickey
06-02-2003, 10:26 PM
I'm in.
I have to beat my whopping record of 6 pages last month.
Ha ha!
Do you think I can do it??????????

Donna

WDWorBUST
06-03-2003, 01:43 PM
Okay I am definitely in!! I am expecting my first baby in November and have 8 years of marriage to finish before then - I don't think I'll make it but maybe this is just the motivation I need :D

nicki dahling
06-03-2003, 05:21 PM
7 more pages in the last two days ! Participating seems to help keep me motivated.

Beanie
06-03-2003, 10:15 PM
I did three more layouts today (I seem to do these things in 3's:p) and am going full speed...although I ran out of paper today, so I am not sure how much more I will get done this week...:( I hate it when that happens!! Anyway, I am at 12 pages for this month so far!!

I really need to get to Michaels before my Scrappin spree wears off!:p

bananiem
06-04-2003, 07:52 AM
I did 6 last night. I have "plans" to do some more today. Let's see if I actually get them done!! LOL!

Kurry
06-04-2003, 07:56 AM
I would love to participate! I only have 2 pages done so far though. :)

FantasticDisFamily
06-04-2003, 08:07 AM
Wow! Glad to see such great starts this month.

I'm "stealing" a couple of minutes this morning to check on a few threads. This is one of those weeks that it is a good thing they only come once a year! Graduation was last night, grades were due this week, we're trying to get several events under control that have to come off yet this week :rolleyes: and to top it all off, I have to start the process of initiating plagiarism proceedings against a student who is very close to graduation!

Soooo, that is why I haven't posted a full "prize" list. Keep going, I promise it will be worth the effort! :p

Deb

WDWMom
06-04-2003, 09:20 AM
I am in for this month. I am done working until the fall and I have every Thursday night to scrap away. I will let everyone know where I am at on Friday mornings.

Sue

AJA55
06-04-2003, 09:49 AM
I stalled out for a couple of days… I hated the page I was working on. Finally last night I threw out the concept that I was working on and went with something else all together. So one more page done, for a total of three this month. Hey Donna maybe I can tie you’re your record of pages for last month. LOL

WDWorBUST
06-04-2003, 10:32 AM
And I was so proud that I got 2 pages done last night. Oh well....My DH is still umpiring the rest of this month so I should have several evenings free to work on it. Right now I have 6 pages to go to be finished with my 2000 Disney trip - then it's time for either 1999 or 2002 - I can't seem to decide:D

crazyforpooh
06-04-2003, 11:23 AM
Tonight is hubby's fire dept meeting so, I'll be scrapping away. I'll post an update either later tonight or in the morning.

Laura
A Scrapaholic

Disneynut11676
06-04-2003, 11:34 AM
It's been quite rainy and nasty outside the last few days, so I've had plenty of time to scrap! So far I've done 8 pages. Hopefully this weekend I will find a little time to work on a couple more.

Michelle

monalsw
06-04-2003, 08:16 PM
i'm in! i said that last month, with the best of intentions, but stalled out when my son had eye surgery. all's well now, so i'm ready to start fresh, and i mean fresh, with 0 pages so far this month, lol!

but...i started dh's father's day album last week, so i have to finish that, at least 8 layouts, within the next week. wish me luck!

crazyforpooh
06-04-2003, 08:35 PM
That brings me to 13 pages this month so far. . Hopefully I'll be able to keep my momentum

Laura
A Scrapaholic

ToDisney
06-05-2003, 11:30 AM
Hi... I just found this board. My name is Diane and I'm a HUGE Disney fan and a scrapping addict. We just recently got back from the May 17th Eastern cruise on the Magic, followed by a few days at the parks. *Gasp* I still have not taken my film in to be developed. I'm so far behind as it is, I just know I'll be overwhelmed when I take in my almost 2 dozen rolls of film!!

Beanie
06-05-2003, 11:38 AM
Hi Diane!! Welcome to the Scrapbooking Board! :wave: We are glad you have found us and hope you stay and visit! We have wonderful scrapbook people on this board who have lots of expert advice to offer on any subject!! They are the best group around!! :)

Grab a spot, settle in and start scrappin!! :)

FantasticDisFamily
06-05-2003, 12:15 PM
Wow! What a bunch we have scrapping this month! Glad to have all of the newbies with us.

Diane - just 2 dozen rolls of film? LOL! Hang with us and you'll shoot more photos than that on you next trip. Right Patty?

Deb

Alice28
06-05-2003, 04:42 PM
Count me in too. I've done 6 pages so far this month...I'm pretty much caught up for now. Last month I didn't participate since I had won the month before, but I got a lot done! I decided to go back through my high school and college photos and did an entire CM 7 x 7 album in two days. It was only 48 pages, and small pages at that. I kept it really simple and now I am glad to have a little book of those memories. Until next weekend rolls around, I don't think I will have too much to scrap. But soon is DH's bday, Father's Day, little one's 2nd bday, my Mom's bday and 4th of July- then I will be a scrappin fool! :Pinkbounc Good luck everyone!

crazyforpooh
06-06-2003, 05:29 AM
brings my total to 14 for the month. Hope I can keep this up.

Laura
A Scrapaholic

monalsw
06-06-2003, 07:32 AM
still at a big, round 0...but, tonight's the night i work on more of dh's father's day album, started last month. hopefully 8 pages tonight!

bananiem
06-06-2003, 07:43 AM
I'm up to 20! I have 4 more 2-page spreads to do and then my Dec. 2002 WDW album will be FINISHED!!!:D

WDWMom
06-06-2003, 01:59 PM
Went to LSS last night to work on my books. In three hours guess what I completed????? ONE PAGE!!!!! I have never had scrappers block like that before. It also didn't help that a friend's daughters came in to shop for a while and I talked to them. Needless to say, the night was a bust. I did work on 2 other pages but did not get them finished. I need to do some journaling on the computer. When I get those done I will be at 3 pages. Well, Thursday DS has a ball games so no scrapping but the next two Thursdays I hope are better. Maybe I can even get in some other time. Kids have Vacation Bible School in a couple weeks. Maybe I'll sneak in some time then.

Sue

nicki dahling
06-06-2003, 03:19 PM
9 pages so far. I have decided to do a personal goal of 2 pages per day , even if I am not in the top running.

Cyndi ( AKANickidahling )

Spinning
06-06-2003, 03:53 PM
I finished 15 pages. Some how I got roped into finishing my friend's Flat Stanley book. Really odd scrap book that if it was my kid I would have had a ball doing! They decorated a paper doll that is about a foot tall they had to take it places and take pictures plus go on vacation or with other people...odd homework for a first grader But at least it got me scrapping!

AJA55
06-06-2003, 04:25 PM
nicki dahling…..that was my goal at the beginning of this month ! ! I made it a whole day ….lol. So you have inspired me to get back on that horse. Going to be kinda hard today. It’s only 2:30 and we’re at 98 degrees here. No air-conditioning at my home ! ! ! But I’m at work right now and I’m freezing.

Alice28
06-06-2003, 04:44 PM
AJA55---I agree with you about the heat....it's impossible to do anything but sit right now!!!! I don't have A/C either...I just spent the morning at Clackamas Town Center (I live in Oregon City) with my kids; at least we got some portraits done at the Picture People so I can scrap those when this heat goes away!!

:earseek:

pattyT
06-06-2003, 08:02 PM
I rearranged my scraproom that happens to have my bed - lol.
But I did get 3 pages done ont he yucky eyelets layout I rold you all about - I'll get to posting them one of these days - I don't know why I thought that was a good idea - AUGH!

I also got 4 pages in my sons book done, and I cropped all the photos for a 4 page spread in my daughter from her play - that if I ever get off this computer I will put it together tonight!

Of to do SS Swap stuff right now though! :)
PAtty

FantasticDisFamily
06-07-2003, 01:55 PM
For those where it is too hot PLEASE send some of that warmth my way! It is going to make 70 today and that is feeling wonderful. The breeze off the lake is still a bit chilly though.

Scrap away ladies - I have too much sewing to get done before we leave on our cruise in just under 2 weeks now! So I won't be doing any scrapping this month it seems.

Spinning - my niece had the same assignment - the Flat Stanley. She sent it to my dad and he had a ball taking Stanley to all of the places they visit when they are here on vacation and taking pictures!

Deb

FantasticDisFamily
06-07-2003, 06:33 PM
Ok, I know we're a week into this challenge and I haven't posted an official prize list yet. I apologize but this has been a busy week with end of term, grades, graduation, final wrap up meeting with faculty, assessment of new faculty, and that is just at work!

So, at long last....a drum roll please. Here is the prize list you're working for!

4 Panoramic embellishment photos: 1 each of Army men, teddy bears, S'mores, and crayons

Laser cur photogenix title: Fun in the Sun

2 Christmas piecings by lil' Davis: 1 sleigh and 1 Christmas tree

1 Klever Kuts title - Disney

Stickers: 5 pages
2 Disney sheets
2 Bryce & Madeleine - 1 Christmas and 1 Happy Birthday
1 set of border stickers - Mary Englebright style

And I may stumble across some other surprises as well.

So happy scrapping!

Deb

babslittleones
06-07-2003, 09:25 PM
I think I'll join in this month. I've done 10 pages so far this month.

Happy scrapping everyone!
Beth

crazyforpooh
06-07-2003, 09:25 PM

If it keeps raining I should be able to get even more done. I'm afraid I'm going to run out of pages. I better call my CM consultant and order more.

Laura
A Scrapaholic

monalsw
06-08-2003, 09:51 AM
still 0! had planned to scrap friday night, but took the kids to the drive-in to see finding nemo instead! what a great movie!

i did go to the lss and buy a ton of paper, gonna finish that father's day album yet!

AJA55
06-08-2003, 12:29 PM
OK Deb.....heats on it's way. We should be only in the 70's today. I was able to do some pages the last few days. (should have gone to the mall to keep cool like Alice28...can't wait to see Nemo Alice28!!) Any way I completed seven more for a total of 10. Slow but sure.

Spinning
06-08-2003, 02:55 PM
i did six more today. So my total is...21. I really thought I would have more done today....

monalsw
06-09-2003, 12:28 AM
6 today=6 total! it's a start, at least. 8 more pages to do in dh's father's day album, won't be working on that one til tuesday.

Beanie
06-09-2003, 12:46 AM
Great job, everyone!! I am still at 12 pages this month...I ran out of paper and haven't had time to get any yet...

Wonderful!! :)

FantasticDisFamily
06-09-2003, 06:55 AM
Hey Beanie, I presume when you say you ran out of paper you mean a particular color/print that you need for the layouts in process! Isn't that always the way? You're on a roll and then despite all the materials on hand that one critical piece of something is missing!

Deb

Spinning
06-09-2003, 07:00 AM
GASP! Ran out of paper! Oh I how I wish that was me! I have so much come borrow some, take some help your self! Only every once in awhile I run out of solids!
I did 2 more last night so I am at 23. I left all my stuff out hoping to do more today!

pattyT
06-09-2003, 08:10 AM
I got that 4 page spread done -
puts me at 11
I also have another stack needing to get done accumulating! AUGH!
I also have a buncha swap stuff to do oh my!
what do I go to now-

Roflmao at you Spinning! I understand!

PattyT

Beanie
06-09-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by FantasticDisFamily
Hey Beanie, I presume when you say you ran out of paper you mean a particular color/print that you need for the layouts in process! Isn't that always the way? You're on a roll and then despite all the materials on hand that one critical piece of something is missing!

Deb

Naturally!:rolleyes: That is definitely always the way! I was working on a 6 page layout of Downtown Disney, we seem to do so much there that I end up with lots of pictures, anyway, I was using a particular paper for the background and now of course, I have run out while on page 4! Argh! I am going to be going to New York this weekend coming, so I will pick up some more then! I want to get this layout finished, I hate starting and having to stop!! LOL

nicki dahling
06-09-2003, 08:07 PM
Paper and tape runner . I need a case of this stuff !:)
Cyndi ( AKANickidahling )

Spinning
06-10-2003, 06:40 AM
I did 2 more pages last night. I didn't think I would have the time but I manage to squeek it out! So that is 25!

Beanie
06-10-2003, 09:55 AM
Spinning, you are on a roll this month!! Keep up the great work!!

AJA55
06-10-2003, 01:55 PM
Tape, tape and tape. I never have enough. Please add 4 more pages. Brings me to 14 this month.

WDWorBUST
06-10-2003, 04:39 PM
You guys are kicking some major BUTT this month. I'm up to 6 pages and thrilled senseless :D

Disneynut11676
06-10-2003, 05:59 PM
I'm up to 21 so far. All this rain has been good motivation to just sit and scrap!

crazyforpooh
06-10-2003, 08:50 PM
Bringing my total to 22 for the month.

Thanks for the inspiration I have actually done another whole year of DD wonderful life. She is going to turn 8 in her book and soon in real life she'll be 15. I'm more than half way there. :bounce: :bounce:

Of course I'll never get current I keep taking pictures.

Laura
A scrapaholic - the first solution is admitting you have a problem

Spinning
06-13-2003, 08:03 AM
I am now up to 31 pages! I finished my DD dance book. I personally really hate it! The pages are fine and it look ok. But I started this book 3 years ago efore I knew anything ( not that I know a ton now!) It is spiral bound....the pages are super simple and only can hold about 3 maybe 4 pictures top per page. But that is pushing it....
But I did do a really nice 4 page spread of her recital that I put in her life album.Using some black and white photos. But felt I need to finish the original book... It is now full!

pattyT
06-13-2003, 10:06 AM
great job guys-
this is the second month in a row that I haven't done to much - but this time its cuz I got into to many swaps that I have to finish before we go on vacation :)
I got 2 more pages completed though! that is 13 for me!
PAttyT

crazyforpooh
06-14-2003, 09:19 AM
Now up to 25. I need to pick up more CM pages this afternoon from my consultant. I only have about 5 left.

Laura

Spinning
06-14-2003, 09:36 AM
did 3 more last night...so I am up to 34! I would love to be able to do 2 pages a night.....

AJA55
06-14-2003, 12:20 PM
Done 7 the last few days. That brings me to a total of 21. At this rate I should have no problem getting the "4 seasons" book done by the summer dinner. Thanks to this board ! ! Had to come into work today... ...but for a treat when I'm done here I'm going to treat myself to a first visit to the new LSS in town..... Back to work.

FantasticDisFamily
06-14-2003, 12:41 PM
Well despite thoughts that I wouldn't get any scrapping done this month, I managed to get 6 done at a crop at church last night. I didn't quite finish the event so I may try to squeeze a couple hours in later today.

Right - and the packing is going to take care of itself! :rolleyes:

Keep up the great work everyone!

Deb

crazyforpooh
06-14-2003, 05:44 PM
3's so now I'm up to 28.

Hope the weather is better tomorrow would like to work outside for awhile.

Any one else sick of all this wet weather? First it was snow, snow, and more snow, now it's rain every weekend except one since April.

Well it has helped me get alot of cropping complete I'm up to the end of 1996 and head to 1997 (which has tons of photos) so I'll probably be stuck in 1997 for awhile.

Well back to the scrapbook. It's nice when everyone goes out and your the only one home to do as you please.

Laura
A Scrapaholic

monalsw
06-14-2003, 11:45 PM
wow, you guys are cranking out the pages this month!

i got 6 pages done today for dh's father's day album, for a whopping total of 12 pages this month! i need to do 3 more pages to complete it, tonight, if he ever goes to bed! then it's onto dis vacation pics from this year!

monalsw
06-15-2003, 02:55 AM
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

it's done, it's done, it's done-the father's day album is done!!!

that gives me 15 pages total this month, and i'll be at it again tomorrow as soon as i replenish my adhesives!

keep up the good work everyone!

babslittleones
06-15-2003, 04:06 PM
I just finished two baby albums this morning so that puts my total at 35 pages so far.

Happy scrapping,
Beth

Spinning
06-17-2003, 10:43 AM
Did 4 more pages last night so I think I am up to 38! I also found a crop to go to Friday night! I really hope I can get all of the school stuff done by the weekend!

crazyforpooh
06-17-2003, 11:01 AM
organizing more photos so I can move right along again. Also I have been busy shopping and gathering for SS Swap. I just love you guys. I'm so glad I found the DIS oh so long ago and kept coming back even if we havn't been to Disney in a couple of years.

Laura
A Scrapaholic

AJA55
06-17-2003, 02:01 PM
Sunday and Monday did 7 more pages. That’s a 28 page total. Really liked the pages that I did for Chile’s restaurant. Took red card stock, cut out a chili design, crumpled it and applied dark red ink to the outside edges and the raised part of the crumples. Made a top of the pepper with brown card stock and did the same ink thing. My background paper for the pixs is blue, so the red peppers really pop out.

ohMom
06-17-2003, 04:27 PM
this is the first time i've stopped by and really lurked, ummm, well i guess not lurking now. anyhow - please please do this every month!!! i am sssssssssooooooooooooooooooooo far behind!!!!

FantasticDisFamily
06-19-2003, 08:03 AM
HI ohmom,

Welcome to our insane little corner of cyberspace. Actually we do this every month. Lots of fun.

And speaking of fun gang....keep up the great work and I'll check on things when I get back!

We leave for the airport at 4:30 tomorrow morning and our flight is scheduled to leave at 7 am.

Going cruisin with the mouse!

Deb

pattyT
06-19-2003, 08:34 AM
OMG!
I finished it! I'm at 41! (but they don't all count)
I don't need the prize I just like keeping trach! :)
I finished the 30 pages book for DD's teacher - I only had 2 done at the beginning of the month and it didn't look good cuz none of the kids sent the pictures - I have 6 out of 25! So I just filled the rest of the book with poems ans stories I found on the Pea Soup board (yep scraplifted it all)
i wallpapered 5 pages, added journal boxes, embellishments, boarders, whatever, and left sapces for her own picutes!
Augh I quess those won't count here cuz they aren't finished til she puts her own pics in!

ANyways - I was up til Midnight - but I got it done a day early so it went to school today -
OH NO - I forgot to take pics of some of the pages :(
oh well

PattyT

crazyforpooh
06-19-2003, 06:38 PM
32 pages for the month.

And with rain planned for the weekend again I will probably get a few more pages completed.

Went shopping again today at AC Moore they received some more new things and of course I had to buy a few for me and few for my SS.

Laura
A Scrapaholic

Beanie
06-19-2003, 09:56 PM
You all are doing great this month!! I haven't done anything since I posted last...I did finally get the paper I needed to finish those layouts I was working on, but then I went on vacation and just got back today, so I haven't done much! (well maybe except that mountain of laundry!:p)

Hopefully this weekend I will be able to get something done! :)

crazyforpooh
06-22-2003, 07:02 PM
Bring me up to 37 pages for the month and if it continues to rain which they say it isn't I should be able to get more done. Although I am going to a 10 - 5 crop on Saturday.

When I go to crops though I seem to get less pages done and more socializing completed, Oh well it's always fun to see what others are doing. And of course to shop at the LSS that I'm going to that I don't get to often because it's 1 hour 45 minute drive from home.

Laura
A Scrapaholic

nicki dahling
06-23-2003, 06:50 AM
I'm only at 14 pages , but that's a lot more than I have done in the last couple of months. Graduation week was busy . Seemed as if all of my friends children were having celebrations. The past weekend we had 5 invitations ! Took lots of pictures though. More scrappin to do.:D
Cyndi (AKANickidahling)

AJA55
06-23-2003, 10:10 AM
Add 12 more for the last week. That brings me to 40.

Mamu
06-24-2003, 09:44 PM
Not much of a scrapbooker, and I didn't take the June challenge, but I'm very proud of myself. Only because of this forum.

I've been reading page after page, looking at the scrapbook pages others have done. So now it mine turn to try and do some scrapbooking.

In February we took our Granddaughter to Disney, her 1st trip. I wanted to do something special with the pictures. I took a list of all the products listed and went out and purchased an album, cutters, adhesives and a few other products, and started the album 2 weeks ago. I just finished my 24 page :Pinkbounc. Some of the pages I love others are OK. Each page got better as I got into it.

A special Thank You to all the scrapbookers here. You all were so much help. I learn so much just by reading the post. Thank You again. :) Lucy's Birthday is July 19 I'm giving the album to her that day.

Yes, it addicting! I had so much fun doing it. :)

crazyforpooh
06-25-2003, 08:04 PM
makes 41 - that's like a whole album almost. I'm so excited I'm up to 1997 only six more years to go to be current LOL

pattyT
06-25-2003, 08:13 PM
on my dd's albums now that I have a new 12X12 album for her! Shes nine and I'm working on preschool. :rolleyes: I originally did them all 8 1/2 X 11 and some pages I can make adjust to 12X12 format - the rest I tear them apart and start over!
I have had 3 that worked and 7 I did over - lol
Its amazing how my style has changed over the years too -
some of them are just to darn ugly to leave as is!
PAtty:rolleyes: at about 45

Alice28
06-25-2003, 08:46 PM
Patty- I recently switched to 12x12 format and I kick myself for not doing it sooner. I love, love, love it so much better. I have known about CM albums for years, but thought they were too pricey, etc. I wish I had spent the extra few bucks and gone that direction, cause my 8 1/2 x 11 albums in the page protectors look so grungy now. Some of it is just that my style and techniques have changed, but ugh. I am tempted to switch them all around, but I like to see how far I have come in my scrappin techniques. But anyway, you have done so great for the month! Everyone has! I am pretty much caught up and haven't done anything since my original post. That will all change soon as it's DS #2's second bday this weekend and we're having a Tigger party...then it's my Mom's bday, and then the 4th. I'm sure I will suddenly have 3-4 rolls of film to scrap! Just in time for the challenge!

Alice28
06-25-2003, 08:47 PM
Oops- I meant to say "July" challenge. :) :p

AJA55
06-27-2003, 10:17 AM
Well the total for my first month of the DIS scrapping challenge is going to stay at 40. Thanks for all the fun and I look forward to next month. I have to stop because a very close friend lost her mother to cancer and I am helping in whatever way I can. You know the three important “F’s” in life…Family, Friends and Fun……

firstmickey
06-28-2003, 10:48 PM
OK,
I did not scrap even ONE page this month!!
An all time low.
I have 4 yards of mulch waiting for me tomorrow, so I think it is safe to say that my June scrapbooking total for the month is::

(drumroll please) 0!

Wow, can anyone top that?
Is there a loser challenge?? lol

Congrats everyone else.
See ya next month;)

Donna

crazyforpooh
06-28-2003, 11:32 PM
today so, that brings me to 44 for the month. Don't know if I'll get any more done after being gone all day today.

I need to stain and acrylic more kitchen cabinets tomorrow while the weather is on our side.

Laura
A Scrapaholic

pattyT
06-29-2003, 08:22 PM
but thatll be it - as I am trying to get all the swap stuff done now!
Someone HAS TO beat me-
GO GIRLS!
It's all YOU!

Alice - I take way to many pics! Especially since I got my Nikon for my b-day - I used three rolls this weekend! I have a backlog of scrappin to do besides the transition of old albums to new ones! Augh!

pATTYt

Mom2Princesses
06-30-2003, 12:05 AM
Hi, and yes I am a "newbie"

Believe it or not we got home from WDW on 6/1/03 and I am 99% done with my WDW book. I believe there are 22 pages in all (thats 44 pages, front and back!). It is huge, and I may add, beautiful!!! I am particularily proud of my "hidden Mickeys" I got a teeny paper punch and have added at least one teeny Mickey silhouette to each page, sometimes two. I figured it would be a fun game for my kids to play while looking at it.

I love my album, it is the pink Disney Princess one made by Sandylion. I worked so hard at getting it done quickly and beautifully because I have 2 graduations, a christening, and a baby shower this and next month and I really wanted to show off our glorious trip to extended family. I have been to 3 of those events so far (including one today) and I have had 2 people ask me to help them get started, they loved my book so much!!! I feel proud!

I wish I knew how to scan 12x12 because there are a few pages that I would love to share!
Bye for now!

FantasticDisFamily
06-30-2003, 08:55 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm back from the cruise - wow! If you haven't done one of the 7 day cruises yet seriously look into it. Well worth planning ahead for!

Anyway, at the moment if my quick scan through is an indication it looks like PattyT is ahead with 46

while Mom2Princesses is nipping at her heels with 44!

Please post any updates by about 2 pm or so Tuesday and I'll see who the winner is. I put the package together before leaving on vacation so it just needs the winner's address.

Now, I'm off to have all of my film developed from the trip!

Deb

WDWMom
06-30-2003, 07:26 PM
Well, I think I ended with 4 total. That really stinks as I thought I would get tons done this month. Maybe in July I can give someone a run for their money (or prizes)

Deb, e-mail me and let's discuss that trip. I can't wait to hear about it.

Sue

Mom2Princesses
06-30-2003, 08:25 PM
My book is 49 pages ( I haven't done anything to the back page yet, going to do a preview or coming attractions to my Disney Cruise, I think) HOWEVER, 4 of the 49 pages are not complete, I am debating on what and how to "fill" them so my total is 45.
That is the most I have EVER scrapped in a month, even at Christmas when I was trying to finish my Moms and MIL books!

FantasticDisFamily
07-01-2003, 08:32 AM
Ok, I see PattyT with 46 and Mom2Princesses with 45...

Anyone else?

Deb

nicki dahling
07-01-2003, 10:08 AM
Congratulations to whoever won. I bottomed out at 17 pages. But because of the challenge I got more done than I have in a long time. At least by participating it keeps me motivated.
Cyndi (AKANickidahling)

crazyforpooh
07-01-2003, 10:55 AM
Only 44 for me but, I think that's great

Laura
A Scrapaholic

FantasticDisFamily
07-01-2003, 10:57 AM
PattyT just PMd me that she is bowing out since she won a couple of months ago. So at the moment Mom2Princesses has it with 45 complete....

So if she would PM me with a mailing address I will get her package on the way. And that means she gets to host the July challenge!

Deb

Beanie
07-01-2003, 12:21 PM
Congratulations, Mom2princesses!! :):) Way to go!