PDA

View Full Version : SB: Can any scrappers recommend which volume of the creative lettering I should (m)

OurDogCisco
05-31-2003, 04:27 AM
buy. Do the later volumes include all the previous fonts or does each volume have it own's unique set of fonts? I would assume so but not sure how it all works. And, do you think they are worth it. Thanks in advance for your advice!

Tina

Timon
05-31-2003, 10:24 AM
Each CD has their own unique font set. I have all of them except for the sports one which I doubt I would use anyway. I personally love them, there are a lot of fonts that I don't use because I think a lot of them are geared towards pages for children. But you can do a lot to your fonts, tons of dif colors and fill paterns etc.

You can see most of the fonts on the CK website http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com or just go HERE (http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/shop/item_examples.ihtml?prod_id=CDCombo) to see the fonts from combos 1-3 and then you can explore the other CD's if you want from there (just click on the FONTS & SOFTWARE button on the left hand side column)

Personally, if you are interested, I would buy a combo pack, It's much cheaper than buying them separately!

If you want to see the fonts in detail I still have the CD slip covers with all the fonts, I could take a picture of it for you. Just let me know Tina!

OurDogCisco
06-01-2003, 10:29 AM
Cass,

Thanks for the advice. I think, I'll look into buying a combo pak. I noticed they are selling two types of paks: CD1 to 3 or CD 4-5 & Sports & Outdoors. I'll probably start with CD 1 to 3.

Just curious, do you download fonts from the internet too? I have been doing that but the only thing you don't have is the fill capabilities and that is what I mainly want to buy it for. Just want to make sure I am buying it for the right reasons.

Thanks for the advice,
Tina

kellyb2000
06-01-2003, 01:30 PM
The volume 1-3 combo pack is my newest SB "toy" and I LOVE it! There are lots of things you can do with it and tons of really cute fonts. My favorite part is the journalettes. I bought mine on Ebay which I know is against their copyright (please don't tell on me or the seller!!!) but it was worth every bit of the $27 I spent on it.

Timon
06-01-2003, 05:14 PM
Tina,

Yeah, I also d/l fonts from the internet. You can do some nice fill effects in Word and Photoshop but I also like the fonts from CK.

Definitely buy the combo and have fun! Let us know what you think of it when you get it!