PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to SplshMtn99's lack of motivation thread...here's 3 more layouts

Timon
05-30-2003, 02:51 PM
:p

I haven't scrapped in awhile but I read Splsh's No Motivation post last night and it made me wanna scrap :rolleyes: LOL

So, last night I finished 2000 and today I started 2001!!!!:bounce:

You can't really read the journaling in them, combination of small typing and poor photography on my part I guess :o

Click on link below (Cass World) then click on SB'ing then 2000 or 2001!

SplshMtn99
05-30-2003, 06:50 PM
LOL -- since I'm "banned" from scrapping.... I didn't look at your "layouts"..... I looked at your "pictures". ;) (See, I'm NOT cheating!!!!!)

OMG --- in the 2001 one...... we have the SAME WDW 2000 Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand poster framed and on the wall as you do. LOL We have it in a green wooden frame though. One of those real expensive framing jobs for a $9.99 odd shaped poster. :rolleyes:

Since I didn't look at the layouts ;) ...... I can't comment on those. :teeth: ;)

jenjie
05-30-2003, 06:56 PM
Cass you never cease to amaze me! Your layouts are incredible! I'm not sure which are the newest but I have some questions.

On the Hawaii layout (3rd from top), what technique did you use to make the letters have that gradient color effect? And the fish on "The gathering place"?

How difficult was it to put one picture in the middle of a two-page layout? like in Kananaskis Country.

In Waikiki Beach, left page, there are 4 pictures on the bottom that look like they are actually two, with each cut from top to bottom. Is that true, or are they actually 4 pictures you pieced together? Either way, it's a good effect.

Cool volcano!

If you can't tell, somebody lent me a Becky Higgins magazine showing all sorts of layouts & techniques. So I'm maybe seeing with new eyes today. ;)

Timon
05-30-2003, 07:29 PM
LOL Splsh! Being such Disney junkies, I bet we have more than just the picture in common! We took our poster to Costco and had it laminated on board, we do that to almost all of our posters (mostly our movie ones...I know...we're nuts, our house is decorated in movie and disney posters LOL)

jenjie,

Sorry, I guess I should have explained that currently I am working chronologically and I started from 1996. So I just finished the car and house ones in 2000 and now have started 2001.

Hawaii Page: I tore cardstock (3 dif colors) and glued them on top of each other then I used a letter template to draw an outline of the letter on top of it then I cut it out. I love doing that, it creates a great effect!

Oahu page: The fish are die cuts from my sizzix machine. I used a similar technique as the Hawaii letters. I glued teal cardstock on top of beige cardstock then I used my sizzix to cut out the fish, giving it a two-toned effect. Then I chalked the beige part of the fish.

Waikiki: Yup, it's actually two pictures, I just cut each pic into two. I have no idea why I did this? I tend to do weird things as I am piecing my layout together!

Kananaskis: First let me say, I know it looks like I was drunk when I adhered these letters LOL but I assure you I was not :rolleyes: I didn't even notice that they were pathetically crooked until I took the picture of it! :o Then it was too late! Oh well, anyway, I just recently started putting one photo on two pages like that, I like the effect and it's really quite easy!

Thanks for the kind words by the way!

Beanie
05-30-2003, 08:45 PM
Timon, your layouts always impress me so much!! You are so talented and I just adore looking at anything you have to share!! Thanks so much for letting us look at those!! They are absolutely wonderful, as always!! :)

jenjie
05-30-2003, 11:52 PM
"I tore cardstock (3 dif colors) and glued them on top of each other then I used a letter template to draw an outline of the letter on top of it then I cut it out."

So clever!

"Yup, it's actually two pictures, I just cut each pic into two. I have no idea why I did this? I tend to do weird things as I am piecing my layout together!"

Whatever the reason, it adds one more special something to the page. I like it!

BlessedMomOfTwo
05-31-2003, 12:46 PM
Wow, awesome layouts!! They are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

workin4vacation
06-02-2003, 06:40 PM
Beautiful, creative work that makes me want to scrap!!

I'm working on last summer now & you have given me some desparately needed new ideas.

Thanks for sharing! :)

MICKEY M0USE
06-03-2003, 08:02 AM
When I have a whole afternoon, I am going to go through your web page and make notes about all your pages, like I do when I get a new copy of Creating Keepsakes. Seriously, I loved the Hawaii pages. The pictures you took are so beautiful and the pages are just fantastic. Have you ever been published in a scrapbooking magazine? Yours are better than a lot that are, in my opinion. Thanks for providing the inspiration and ideas to make my pages better!

Timon
06-03-2003, 06:05 PM
MICKEY,

thanks! I'm glad you liked them! Actually I think I sent a few cruise layouts to CK a long time ago and never heard back so I never bothered again. I guess my pages weren't up to snuff for them ;) But I just scrap for myself, I just have fun with them and some turn out nice and some don't! :p

goofymom/pop
06-06-2003, 03:55 PM
I cannot get over beautiful pages you have done. Each one is more special than the one before. Awesome job!!!!

You have inspired me to get moving and do better on my next book.

Thanks!!!!

Quick question......when you split the pix over two pages how does it look when in the page protectors in the book. Do you lose the awesome effect? Just wondering.

Cindy

Timon
06-06-2003, 04:29 PM
Cindy,

There's a bit of a space but it still looks ok, in my opinion. Usually when people look at my sb, they tend to kinda push the pages together to get a better look at the overall effect, so it kinda works out :)