PDA

View Full Version : Scrappers: How many pairs of scissors do you own?

Beanie
05-30-2003, 11:48 AM
It seems like each time I go into my LSS, I am constantly buying a pair of Paper Shapers that I don't have...I now have around 20 different pairs of scissors for scrapbooking...It is the one thing I really love to use on my pages! LOL

How many do you own?

Timon
05-30-2003, 02:01 PM
I think I have about 9 or 10 of them! When I first started scrapping I bought so many! I was so excited! But in reality, after I have found my "sb style" I think I really only use one or two :rolleyes:

You can tell when you look in my first sb, I used them ALL the time. I used them a lot to cut my photos, which I now regret :( Oh well, scrap and learn I guess :p

nicki dahling
05-30-2003, 03:52 PM
Maybe about ten. I keep saying I am going to use them more. :o
Cyndi ( AKANickidahling )

hopemax
05-30-2003, 04:36 PM
I think I have about 8 or 9, I found most of them at a garage sale for $2 for a package of 6. I always like good deals, got a few cheep punchies this way too.

safetymom
05-30-2003, 05:23 PM
I probably have about 20. My daughter bought me the Mickey ears scissors from DTD last week.

SplshMtn99
05-30-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by safetymom
My daughter bought me the Mickey ears scissors from DTD last week.

??????? Mickey ears scissors ????????????
These I must see. Please share!!!!

Oh, and I have about 10 or so. Find I don't use them too much either since I find my style is straigt line. I did use one on some cards. I can see how I may use them in cardmaking more. There are a few that will have future uses like grass & waves. Deckle seems to be timeless too. Stamp can be used in travel alot too.

safetymom
05-30-2003, 06:15 PM
She bought the scissors at the scrapbooking store in DTD. It is the top of Mickey's head. I don't have a picture to show you but it looks cute.

I will be in WDW this weekend for a scrapbooking convention and I will get more details then and post.

Beanie
05-30-2003, 07:39 PM
Safetymom, those sound so neat!! I will definitely have to buy some next time I am in Disney! :)

saturday97
05-30-2003, 08:44 PM
Shoot, I was just there and I totally missed them!! Oh well, next trip!

jenjie
05-30-2003, 11:05 PM
I only have 2 pairs of fancy scissors. Plus one big pair of straight scissors and an itty bitty pair that is supposed to help me be more accurate. Yeah right.

crazyforpooh
05-31-2003, 05:48 PM
I have 5 or 6 pairs and just used them the other night for the first time in months. Glad I have them but haven't invested in any more. Of course if I see them on sale for a steal I'll have to get them.

BevS97
06-01-2003, 07:02 AM
I have 2 pairs of straight scissors, the fiskars micro tip, and the Cutter Bee, no idea why I had to buy the Cutter Bee they are no better, or worse, than the micro tip.

I bought a set of fancy scissors when I first started, but I gave them all to my daughter - I never used them at all.

I have a CM cutter with the victorian edge, and on the rare occasions I want a fancy edge, I will use that because you can get a long continuous cut, I absolutely couldn't line up the scissors so they were basically useless to me.

Bev

ltldeb
06-01-2003, 07:16 AM
I have about 10 pair right now....maybe a few more. My local AC Moore had a set of 10 on sale at one time for $9.99. I couldn't resist them at that price. :D

JudithM
06-01-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by saturday97
Shoot, I was just there and I totally missed them!! Oh well, next trip!

Well, that makes two of us who missed these scissors :(! I didn't see them when I bought other scrapbook items at MouseGears the other day.