PDA

View Full Version : Scrappers: Which adhesive do you use?

Beanie
05-30-2003, 12:43 PM
With so many different choices of adhesive to hold your diecuts, pictures, ect, which one do you use?? Glue sticks? Glue pens? Double sided tape?

I find myself going between glue sticks and glue pens...I really love the pens more though because they are smaller!

What do you use?

DMoss3377
05-30-2003, 01:29 PM
I use hermifix for everything large...pictures, matting, large die cuts, borders, etc. I use glue dots for buttons, charms, things that are heavy. I use glue pen - the Zig Squeeze and Roll is my current fav...for small punches, dies, etc. Then last but not least...I use my X - xyron for small things that are too intricate or numerous to glue with the pen. I have also recently discovered the vellum tape, which I've used a few times and absolutely love...now I don't always have to hide my adhesive under the vellum or use eyelets and/or brads. :)

:)

Lainy67
05-30-2003, 02:05 PM
CM tape runner for almost everything. There is something else I have used for Vellum... but can't remember right now.

DiznEeyore
05-30-2003, 03:38 PM
I use all kinds of adhesives except glue sticks (I've found that they don't work well for me). Squares/tape runners for most things, glue pens quite often, and my Xyron 150 for anything small. I'll tell ya, that 150 is a *beautiful* thing when you're making paper piecings with intricate parts! :D

nicki dahling
05-30-2003, 04:51 PM
I use tape runner for pictures, xyron500 and 150 for large and small die cuts , glue sticks for small strips and punch art, pop dots for stickers on cardstock , glue dots for buttons. Hope to add the zig glue pen to my supply list for letters.
Cyndi ( AKANickidahling )

SplshMtn99
05-30-2003, 06:58 PM
After several types of glue sticks & tape runners at the beginning that didn't hold up even a year.... I use:

-Hermie tabs for most things
-Xyron sometimes
-a liquid glue pen for real small things that just need a dab. It holds amazingly well.
-popdots

jenjie
05-31-2003, 12:13 AM
I use glue sticks. But as someone else said, they don't necessarily stick very well. I should look into something else.

pattyT
05-31-2003, 07:45 AM
I use a lot of things depending on the application-

I LOVE CM tape runner and go through tons of it-
I just got Hermafix glue dots and love those too!
I Zig 2-way, great for shaker boxes
I LOVE pop dots too! Great on Charms!
I have Fiskars Clear mounting stickers for ocassional use only.
I love my little xyron for little things
I don't use my big xyron to often though (it is so expensive for refills and I could buy new dies with that kind of $)

I do not use regular glue sticks though.

PAttyT

crazyforpooh
05-31-2003, 06:42 PM
I use my zig glue pen and my CM Photo tape and splits.

I don't like the CM tape runner, I loved the old refillable one though.

I have the xyron 150 but it's stll in it's little plastic bag.

BevS97
06-01-2003, 07:51 AM
Hermafix, Hermafix, Hermafix, I can't scrap without it. I use the repositionable dots for nearly everything.

I usually hide my adhesive on vellum, or use brads, but I will use glue stick in a pinch, it's the only thing I use glue stick for.

I have some glue dots for buttons and larger objects, but they don't get used regularly.

I have a little xyron (oh, and a big one!) which I mainly use for cut-out letters. I love the repositionable xyron adhesive, it doesn't even leave any little dots to rub off, but it's too expensive for everything, or I would use it for everything.

Bev

Pammy jo
06-02-2003, 09:30 AM
Mostly my hermafix tape dispenser and glue dispenser. Use my xyron 150 lots too. Don't seem to use my glue sticks nearly as much as I used to. From hearing you all talk I think I'm going to have to get some vellum tape and try that soon.

chi-mom
06-02-2003, 10:10 AM
I use:

CM tape runner for photos and mats
Tombow glue for small things (it has a nice fine point)
Xyron for die cuts or big items or vellum
Glue Dots for buttons, charms,anything 3-D