PDA

View Full Version : Giving up on mypoints

CJK
05-29-2003, 06:24 PM
Dh and I don't seem to be getting bonus emails anymore. We average on about 1 a month. We've emailed mypoints and just got a response saying that we'd receive these emails when they match our interests (we've both checked ALL categories). We're Canadian so we can't really shop through the site. Dh changed email addresses and still nothing (3 weeks later). At this rate, we'll never be able to cash out. I used to really like this program but I guess it's not for us anymore. :(

cindala
05-29-2003, 08:23 PM
Why don't you send them an email and tell MyPoints that all the categories are checked in your profiles, and still you don't receive emails. It may be that these offers aren't good in Canada, but ask anyway. I can't hurt. Good luck!http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/family/flowerface.com

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

lilsonicfan
05-30-2003, 04:09 AM
CJK, don't give up! I had the same exact problem a while back, noticed that for weeks i would get maybe one bonus mail, and that was it. That was right around the time when they took almost all the shopping links right off the page and all i could see were home depot and giftcertificates.ca . it was very sad :(

so here's what i did. i changed my address info to an american address (entirely made up...ie, i put vancouver, washington) and kept the same email. that is ALL i did, and now i receive pretty much the same bonus mails that everyone else here gets. When i cashed out for a gc with (you guessed it) giftcertificates.ca i just entered my real shipping address - or maybe i didn't even have to do that, since mypoints just emails you with a number that you redeem at the actual gc site.

it might seem dishonest, but at least i'm still getting points. i don't think mypoints even cares what address you use, since it's not like a site where you have to have a credit card that matches your address.

Try it out - give it a week or so and see if you get more bonus mail! Maybe try it with either account and see how it goes. Let me know!!! i love mypoints but it certainly isn't canadian-friendly!!!

CJK
05-30-2003, 07:04 AM
Thanks for your help guys! I'll give it a whirl and will post if things change! Have a great weekend!

Baileymouse
05-30-2003, 09:11 AM
If you're using an account that filters mail, you'll find the offers in your bulk mail files. That's what was happening to those of us with Yahoo and Hotmail accounts.

Check there and change the settings so anything that is from mypoints is delivered to the inbox.

Eilonwy
05-30-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Baileymouse
If you're using an account that filters mail, you'll find the offers in your bulk mail files. That's what was happening to those of us with Yahoo and Hotmail accounts.

Check there and change the settings so anything that is from mypoints is delivered to the inbox.

Or delived to a folder called "MyPoints Email." That's what I do. Then I can see as soon as I login that I have MyPoints Mail (I use Yahoo Mail and it shows the number of unread messages next to the folder name), and go straight there instead of weeding through everything in my inbox.

CJK
05-30-2003, 10:23 AM
Thanks. I have a hotmail address and I haven't been getting any mypoints emails in my junk folder either. I check both daily (regular and junk folders). *sigh* Maybe mypoints figures we've both cashed out too much since 2001!!

lilsonicfan
05-30-2003, 02:58 PM
It's definitely in this case not a hotmail/junk mail issue, as I also use hotmail and don't even have any filters (the whole address is my junk mail address) and for a while, I still wasn't getting bonus mails. It's entirely to do with the US-based system of Mypoints. makes sense - almost all of their sponsors, affiliated companies etc are for Americans. But it still makes me sad :)