PDA

View Full Version : southwest arrivals at MCO

TripletDad
05-28-2003, 10:28 PM
We will be flying into MCO on July 9 a Wednesday on Southwest. Our flight arrives at 11:00am. About how long should we expect it to take to get from the plane to getting our baggage. We have a MiniVan reserved thorugh dollar. How far is the dollar desk from the baggage claim. I have been to MCO website but it is hard to get an idea form their maps. Thanks

TripletDad. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

donmil723
05-28-2003, 10:52 PM
It usually takes us about 15 minutes from the time we get off the plane to get to the baggage claim area and that usually includes a stop at the restroom. They are very fast at unloading luggage and we never have to wait more than a couple of minutes to get our bags. We used Dollar last November and I think it was one of the farthest from SWA's baggage claim but I'm not sure. Anyway, we are usually at our Disney resort about 1 hour after getting off the plane.

Donna

GAIL HAYDEN
05-28-2003, 11:31 PM
Dollar, and the rest of the onsite rental agencies, are one floor down from baggage claim. There are many signs, you cannot miss it.

mareed
05-29-2003, 12:24 PM
I can confirm that Dollar & National are at the opposite end from Southwest baggage claim. It's a pretty long walk to get there, so I'd recommend getting a luggage cart if you have much luggage at all.

GAIL HAYDEN
05-29-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by mareed
I can confirm that Dollar & National are at the opposite end from Southwest baggage claim. It's a pretty long walk to get there, so I'd recommend getting a luggage cart if you have much luggage at all.

That is a great piece of advice. And....don't take the luggage cart down the escalator ( I see that a lot).