PDA

View Full Version : Food Coloring Markers

autochick
05-28-2003, 09:14 AM
does anybody know any stores in the south of Boston area that carry food coloring markers. I was going to order them online but dont really want to pay more for the shipping then the price of the markers.

thank you
meggan

pattievers
05-28-2003, 10:31 AM
But...I saw that WILTON now has color markers, when I was at MICHAELS the other day.

Alot of strores carry the WILTON brand, so they should be pretty easy to get a hold of.

Good luck!

Patti

bananiem
05-28-2003, 10:35 AM
I don't know the Boston area but my WalMart and grocery store both carry them.

autochick
05-28-2003, 11:13 AM
I have both Walmart and Michael's in my area, I will have to see if they have them. I looked in the grocery storestore yesturday and didnt see any.

thank you very much

aunties
05-28-2003, 10:16 PM
I saw these for the first time the other day. I was tempted to buy them, but was wondering if they were worth the price. Has anyone tried them yet? I'd love to hear your comments about them.

Thanks!

Beanie
05-29-2003, 12:13 AM
Not sure about Boston, but our local IGA store in NH has them! I saw them the other day and was tempted to buy them! I would love to have some input on these if anyone has used them?
:)

autochick
05-29-2003, 09:12 AM
I have not used them this will be my first time using them. I am having a birthday party for my dd3 and thought it might nice to have the kids decorate thier own cookies.

I have been told that they are perfect for kids to uses because they do not make that big of a mess. So I will let you know how it goes after the party.

aunties
05-29-2003, 09:13 AM
Thanks! I'd love to know what you think of them.

Beanie
05-29-2003, 03:15 PM
Thanks, Autochick! I would love to know what you thought of them also! :)

figmentvi
06-02-2003, 12:24 PM
Meg......

Make sure the cookies have a hard frosting (like royal icing) on them first. I have some of those markers and tried using them on some valentine's cookies. If the cookies did not have a hard frosting on them, the markers got all clogged with crumbs.

You can make a basic sugar cookie and glaze them with a thin coat of royal icing, let them dry and they're good to go.

See........you should have called your mother.
;) ;) ;)

autochick
06-02-2003, 02:12 PM
well who would have know that my mom has become crafty :jester:

Thanks mom I will keep that in mind when I do the cookies. I was going to have the kids do them at Em's party. I saw that they have a kit that has Dora the explorer cookie cutters and the markers to decorate with. I will have to think about since the theme of the party is Dora.