PDA

View Full Version : Dollar Rental Credit?

mom_rules
05-26-2003, 02:47 PM
Has anyone had experience with trying to get a credit from Dollar after the fact?

Here's what happened. We had a rate confirmed before we left plus a coupon for a free upgrade. When we arrived there was no upgrade available (another question: Has anyone actually received a free upgrade?). They offerred us a 10% discount-no problem. When my MC bill came in my discount should have been $28 and they gave us a $3.00 discount (1% not 10%). I have emailed but haven't gotten an answer yet.

GAIL HAYDEN
05-26-2003, 11:57 PM
I would call them. They won't give you 10% of the total rental, just the base, and I am surprised they did not give it to you at the time of rental.

sgtdisney
05-27-2003, 09:31 AM
I emailed Dollar last year regarding an upgrade that I was charged for that I shouldn't have been. Long story, but they started charging a premium for extended minivans at Dollar. At the time I booked it said the Grand Caravan on the website was the standard van (now it just says Caravan.) Anyway, I emailed Dollar, they have a form you fill in and it asks for your receipt # and everything. I explained to them what happened and they agreed with my point and credited my account the amount extra I was charged. They were extremely nice, and quick and very helpful in taking care of it.

mom_rules
05-27-2003, 09:44 AM
Hopefully I will receive similar service. Still waiting (It's only been 4 days).

mom_rules
06-05-2003, 11:37 AM
Well, I'm still waiting for a response (other than the automated one I received right after sending my email). They stated it could take up to 15 days for an answer.