PDA

View Full Version : Trying to convince DH to switch to Poly

jel0511
05-22-2003, 06:04 PM
O.K. This trip has been an evolution in constant process. First off, we were going to stay at CBR for 6 nights. After visiting and checking it out, we decided the rooms were too small for us for that long. Then we decided to do BC for 6 nights. Well, after we thought about how much that cost, we decided to use it and buy more DVC points ( a sickness visit the DVC boards and you might understand). The add-on, with banking (more DVC talk) we could stay 5 nights in a studio, so we decided to do that. Well, then we decided 5 nights wasn't enough we decided to keep costs down to add 2 nights at CBR. Well, then AP rates came out and it was only $30 more per night to stay at WL (our FAV resort) so we upgraded. Now, we've been to the WL 3 times in the past 2 years, and will stay there again next summer. So, I want to MAYBE stay at a different resort, and I'm thinking Poly. It's my DD's favorite resort, and I LOVE the pool at the Poly. DH thinks the additional $100 per night is a little much, since this was supposed to be a budgeted additional stay. Now, as you can see by my signature, we're WDW veterans, and DH knows all about WDW so the usual arguments won't work. I'm looking for some unusual and pervasive arguments to try to get DH to spend the additional $200. Please help!!!

P.S. thanks for getting this far, it ended being MUCH longer than I thought!!

daannzzz
05-22-2003, 07:23 PM
I think you should try a place you have not yet stayed. So far all the places I have stayed have been great. But since that isn't what you are asking just tell your husband that you promise to stay at the All Stars next time so that you can do the Polynesian this time!!!!

lucysdad
05-22-2003, 11:09 PM
Lori, if you have to talk him into it , you'd better not do it. You know you'd feel worried the whole time because you were the one who twisted his arm, or whatever, to make him spend the extra money. Then, when any little thing goes ever so slightly wrong, he'll remind you it was your idea anyway. Then when you get home, he'll insist on such a tight budget to accommodate your extra spending, you'll have to munch those boxes of chocolate covered Mickey pretzels in secrecy for fear that he will notice that you bought them. Oh, what a nightmare you're setting yourself up for. On the other hand, the Poly is so grand a getaway, what could go wrong? He'll be so relaxed, he'll probably thank you for doing all that twisting to get him there. He'll insist that you take an extra fifty or so just to buy those pretzels to enjoy when you get home. Yeah....that's it....the Poly here you come. This is Lucy's mom saying have a great time!

DNSDisney
05-23-2003, 12:39 AM
Not exactly an arguement but has worked for me in the past.
Has he forgotten any birthdays , annv., or other present giving holidays?

My dh was very busy at work around valentines day and ended up getting me no present other than a card, promising to get me something special soon. Well March rolled around and I started planning our vacation , we were going to stay just GV at the Poly. Then a light bulb went off in my head! Ok Hon, for my valentines day gift I want to stay in concierge again. What could he say, he had already been in the dog house about it. So now we are staying concierge again. And I keep commenting what other gift could you give me that would also save us $$. Thinking about the bfast, sodas and snacks. :cool:

jel0511
05-23-2003, 10:03 AM
It's really not a money issue here, we can afford the extra $$$, we're just trying to be a little conservative. We usually go all out on vacations, and this year, we're trying to scale back a little since we have a VERY expensive vacation coming up in November, but a couple hundred dollars won't be the end of the world!! It's just that since we're DVC members we always stay in at least 1 bedrooms, and when we do stay in resorts, we always stay concierge level. We haven't stayed in a non-concierge level room at a WDW resort since 2001, and are a little leary of starting now. I did talk to DH last night, and I think we are going to upgrade, it's just now where. We LOVE the grounds of the Poly, but the interior really doesn't do anything for us. Now, we also like the GF (I have had problems with CM's there) and like the interior of the rooms, but that's more money. Oh well.... My trials and tribulations continue!!

DNSDisney - I wish that was the case, except DH is pretty good with that kind of stuff. I got black pearl and diamond earings for Mothers Day and 2 dozen roses for our anniversary the other day. If he had missed or "screwed up" with the gift selection, I'd definately try it!!! I'll have to file this one, and keep it for future use though!!