PDA

View Full Version : MyPoints and Tupperware

lilsonicfan
05-22-2003, 05:48 AM
Hello all!

Thanks to the great tip on buying $1 e-gift certificates so long ago (and no longer available, sniff sniff!) I had in my email inbox $7 worth of e-gift certificates. I decided it was finally time to purchase something (they don't ship to Canada, so I had to convince a friend in the States to have it sent there.) So I bought something that was $9.99, ended up paying $4.48 with shipping. On top of that - I went through MyPoints and earned 800 points after my order (even got the blue popup.) So I got 800 points on all of those $1 gc's, plus another 800 points for actually using them.

Just in case anyone was wondering if you can "double dip" - apparently you can. I wonder if you bought a $10 gc, and then bought something that you wanted/needed anyway, you'd get the points twice. Well, I suppose it's still not as good as the $1 deal that used to exist.

It's almost 4am right now....

mazzarafe
05-22-2003, 06:01 AM
I don't think you can buy e-certs with e-certs but you will get your points as long as your order total comes out to more than what you have in e-certs. You have to spend some $$. But it is a great thing isn't it? I wanted to get the burger press which is $15 I believe and I have only $6 in e-certs. Was gonna buy a $10 e-cert because with shipping it would still only cost me an extra couple of dollars and I would get 800 points two more times.

Well I was at Mypoints the other day and decided to right click on the banners to check and see the different url addresses as I did during the $1 e-cert spending sprees and you can't do it anymore. The properties category does not come up, its a totally different set of options when you right click. I wanted to make sure I would get the points from two different links but it doesn't seem to work anymore.

And if I have to wait 30 days in between purchasing the e-cert and actually buying what I want I have to wait until the end of June to actually get it. Not sure yet what I'm gonna do, but I hate the thought of missing out on the extra 800 points, but I think Mypoints is onto us!

txadmin
05-22-2003, 07:17 AM
Has anyone boought a 10 ecertificate and gotten points for it recently? My DS told me that MyPoints was no longer awarding the 800 points for a ecertificate. Just wondering. :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Eilonwy
05-22-2003, 09:27 AM
Right clicking on the banner doesn't work. What you want to do is mouse over them and look at what shows up in the box at the bottom of your browser (I'm using Internet Explorer, so I don't know how it works for other browsers). There should be a six digit number that shows up. You should also be able to see the number when you mouse over the text on the confirmation page that you need to click to get the points, if memory serves me correctly.

276837 is the one on the Shopping homepage.
276821 is the one of the Earns Points homepage.
I just checked them. So you should be able to get points off of both of those links. And I'm sure there are more, but I didn't want to go looking for them right now.

I haven't tried to order a $10 eCert yet (haven't decided what I want). But I don't see why you shouldn't get the points for them. If they weren't going to give points for them, why'd they raise the min. to $10? You just can't get the 10% off when you buy an eCert (meaning it's always $10, not $9). But you should get the 10% off of any merch. that you buy with or without the eCerts.

Beanie
05-22-2003, 07:52 PM
I just recently bought an e gift certificate at Tupperware...I think it was Monday night and on Tuesday I had the points in my account...Now I have to wait a month? or can I wait until the banner changes again?? I have that $10 gift certificate to spend, but dont' want to chance it if I am not going to get the credit...

Does anyone know??

Eilonwy
05-22-2003, 08:02 PM
Beanie,

You should be able to use it and get points as long as you pick a different banner. Which one did you use the other night? Do you remember? Also the text offer on the home page and the picture banner on the home page should be two different offers if I remember correctly.

I haven't ordered from them since they stopped the $1 eCerts. I have $9 to use, but haven't found anything I desparately want yet.

Beanie
05-22-2003, 11:00 PM
Sue, I used the banner on the home page...the big one on the right hand side...Is there another banner that can be used and I would still get credit??

Thanks!

Eilonwy
05-23-2003, 01:06 AM
There should be a big banner on the Shopping page and a big banner on the Earn Points page. You may have to refresh. They seem to have different ID's from the main homepage. But I haven't used any of them lately. If use to work in the past. See a few posts up in this thread where I mention the 6-digit numbers.

Letsbgoofy
05-23-2003, 06:07 AM
I was told by a My Points member care person that I was misusing the offer by ordering several times in a month. I responded that another person at My Points had told me that there were several Tupperware offers a month which could be used for points (which is true). They were pretty nasty to me. Just a word of warning to others who order from different links each month.

mazzarafe
05-23-2003, 06:25 AM
I just ordered my $10 e-cert and got the blue pop-up box for 800 points. I used the big banner on the main page. There is also the little side Tupperware on the main page too, on the left side. You may have to refresh.

I did see Sue where the number came up on the bottom of my screen. It even shows your user id, how cute.

I'm gonna wait until the beginning of June to order what I want so I don't press my luck with Mypoints. The last time I ordered from them it only took a few days to come, but I'm too anxious to have my burger press because it's burger season!;)

Beanie
05-23-2003, 09:26 AM
Mazzarafe, I think I will wait until June as well, that way if they say anything, I guess I could just say that I thought it was the start of each month!

Thanks for the help, everyone! :)

mazzarafe
05-23-2003, 09:38 AM
Beanie,

Playing dumb is fun isn't it?;)

Beanie
05-23-2003, 09:59 AM
LOL Mazzarafe!! :)

Eilonwy
05-23-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Letsbgoofy
I was told by a My Points member care person that I was misusing the offer by ordering several times in a month. I responded that another person at My Points had told me that there were several Tupperware offers a month which could be used for points (which is true). They were pretty nasty to me. Just a word of warning to others who order from different links each month.

Then why do they have all those offers!?! I'm not asking you, I'm asking "them." If they don't want us to use all those links they shouldn't have them available. :mad: :confused:

I've got a while until my eCerts expire, so I've got some time to use (and abuse) them. I was thinking about the hamburger press, too. And a whole bunch of other things. But there's nothing that I really *need* right now.