PDA

View Full Version : D'oooohhhhhh!!!!(Slapping forehead)

frannn
05-19-2003, 03:56 PM
I'm clicking away furiously, trying to earn certs for our Oct trip. In the past few weeks, I have ordered online at both the DS and Sears. But did I do it through Mypoints or Milesource, or any other point yielding venue? No.....so those are lost points I could have easily had. I feel so stupid. Oh well....

dtuleya
05-19-2003, 04:04 PM
If you download the Mypoints Point Alert reminder program (get 25 points for downloading it) it will remind you if it is a participating merchant. Don't worry, I lost 60,000 pts. from Blink when I bought my airfare to MCO last year through Expedia.

AdventurerKat
05-19-2003, 04:05 PM
When Disney Awards was around and I actually thought I was going to get PAID for doing the program I missed a HUGE amount of points by forgetting to go through the link for Expedia for some plane tickets. I know how you feel. Except of course Kris stole my money and it would have just meant she would have gotten more of it if I had gone through her link so maybe that's a good thing in my case. :)

In any event, I think I am programmed now to know who has what and have since that day remembered to go through a link to buy it. So you will learn from this experience. :)

bcorso
05-19-2003, 04:15 PM
Careful of MyPoints reminder. It is parasiteware. Meaning, of course they will send you offers and shopping, etc... BUT if you ever decide to shop via another site offering more points for your dollar, it will automatically over-write your cookies so that MyPoints receives your credit.

dtuleya
05-20-2003, 07:48 AM
Point well taken Bonnie, thanks for the warning.

Beanie
05-20-2003, 10:09 AM
Thanks, Bonnie, I had no idea that happens!