PDA

View Full Version : Time from airport to All Stars

Miscrapper
05-19-2003, 02:23 PM
We are flying to Orlando in October (probably arrive Sat) and hope to get a morning flight so we can go to parks in afternoon. How long does it usually take to get off plane, get luggage, get car and drive to hotel. I am thinking if we arrive around 11:30 we should be able to get to a park by 3:00 p.m. (this is assuming we have no major hassles). Does this seem reasonable?

Lewisc
05-19-2003, 03:17 PM
The key is to get one of the "quick"rent cards so you don't have to wait in line to get your car and also rent from an on-site agency (Dollar and National are both good). You can get to your hotel in under an hour (maybe 30 minutes to get your luggage and car and another 30 minutes to get to the hotel). If you don't have a quick rent car have one of you get the luggage while the other goes downstairs to fill out the paperwork. If both are going to be listed drivers bring the drivers license with you.

Before the quick rent cars (and before I knew better) I literally waited more than an hour at the counter in Alamo. It was off-season and it was the longest line of my trip.

safetymom
05-19-2003, 07:42 PM
We were there last week and it took about 1/2 hour to get our luggage, in less than 10 mins we were on the road with our rental car from off site Hertz and it took less than 30 mins to get to CBR.

helenk
05-19-2003, 10:55 PM
This past December my son and I arrived at MCO at 10:30, my son waited for the luggage and I got went downstairs to Dollar (used the fast lane) got the papers for the car, went upstairs to get my son and the luggage. We got the car, took a wrong turn in WDW, went to AK instead of WL, no big deal. Went to WL parked and we were in line to register by 12:00. Our rooms were not ready so we left the luggage in the car and went straight to MK it was just before 1:00 by the time we got to Caseys on Main Street for some lunch.