PDA

View Full Version : 11/29/03 Eastern-only 2 days left !!! SINGLE DIGITS!!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

gassmandy
11-07-2003, 10:44 AM
Shelley--if Brad Pitt shows up at your table--come and get me.

izzinmac
11-07-2003, 11:11 AM
Shelly,
No flames from the Izzinmac/Gassmandy group on "proper dress" The threads that annoy me the most are "Proper Dinner Attire" and "Palo or Palo's" If DCL only wanted formal attire at formal night, they would not have made it "suggested" I think they handle it well, and really the purpose is to give people a chance to "be fancy" if they like that stuff! If you don't, do what is comfortable for you!! My experience is that you see all kinds of dress, and to me that is great!

If Brad Pitt shows up ... I'll pass!!! (Although six of my seven kids might be interested)

Bob

LAMPSKIES
11-07-2003, 11:19 AM
Shelly.........no flames from us here. Actually I agree with Bob it is "suggested". We have our own table and I really could care less what other people wear. Hey don't tell my DW and DD's Brad Pitt is showing up in his birthday suit....oh never mind I read that wrong. LOL
Amanda......If you'd like I'll bring Shawn a "clip on tie".

gassmandy
11-07-2003, 11:42 AM
I think I ruined it for him when I made him wear a tomato Veggie tale tie a couple years ago...................and of course--it was all set to slip over his head and just pull.....courtesy of pops.
He's a GM, in training for a Dir. of Operations spot, for a steakhouse and, even when the promotion goes through, dress is resort casual so to speak--khakis and rest. logo polo as a gm and then khakis and polo or button up short sleeve shirt as DO. So--since prior to that he was born and raised in Montana--poor boy can't figure out a tie for the life of him. Yes.......bring the clip-on......lol.

PenskeSth1
11-07-2003, 01:04 PM
All this talk about how formal is formal. Yuck-- I can't remember a time when I dressed up. I am most comfortable in jeans and racing Ts. DH on the other hand loves to get all dudded up in his Sunday best. He is bringing two suits with nice shirts and the tie to go with. I haven't even began to look for a dress yet. I won't be showing up to dinner in shorts and tee though I promise. I agree though it is our cruise whatever you are comfortable in should do.

Oh and you can come get DD and myself also, if Brad Pitt shows up! :teeth:

LAMPSKIES
11-07-2003, 01:57 PM
Hey Amanda and all...........I see in that wine tasting thread that it is on all "sea days". So maybe Monday?? That won't effect Football.

jkovick
11-07-2003, 04:14 PM
Anyone have any idea how many people can do the wine tasting per session? We may just fill it up!

princssdisnygina
11-07-2003, 04:54 PM
Anyone have any ideas for an intimate time with my DH? It is our 1 year anniversary and was thinking about doing the Suriel Bath at the spa. Any other ideas that won't cost a fortune? I want to surprise him!

Gina::MinnieMo

izzinmac
11-07-2003, 05:52 PM
Gina
Surial Bath is the spot know for its romantic potential!

However.... some words of warning/advice
1. Make sure all the equipment works before slathering each other with mud! I heard horror stories of people covered with the stuff and no water or steam to get it off!
2. Depending on the sport events you plan on trying while locked in the place, take along tons of towels. The place can quickly lose its romantic appeal once you relaize the floors, sitting/laying area and everything else is hard as rock tile! If you want padding - take towels!!!
3. Take a watch with you! Without one you are either done way too soon looking at each other trying to decide what to do now, or you are interrupted by the attendant mid game telling you time is up!! Either one takes the fun out of the sport! Like everything else in life, timing is everything!!!
4. Be careful what you rub on and where you rub it. Some of that stuff has a life of its own!!!

Otherwise, have a good time!

One side note. Disney advertises that place as an experience to be shared by two or three people. The three part always baffled me! Other than the obvious, which I can't see Disney promoting, how and why would you ever have three people in there?? Just a rhetorical question - no reply necessary!!!!

Bob

LAMPSKIES
11-07-2003, 07:57 PM
Gina.......hmmmmmmmm intimate time with DH............hmmmmmmmmmm, well I'm a DH and have been married for over 14 years........let me think......what would I consider romantic from my DW????? I know.......you could watch Sunday football with HIM and ALL of us DH's.............or, hmmmmmmm how 'bout Monday night football???? O.K. maybe Bobs idea slopping mud all over each other, with no water to get it off with or "sitting or laying (whatever that means) on a rock tile floor". (probably cold too)........Having the preassure of "finishing too early" (way too much preassure for a newlywed DH in my opinion) or "getting interrupted mid-game?" (isn't that an hour long??? BOB....YOU THE MAN!!!!!!) Or rubbing stuff that has a "life of it's own" on yourself or DH. Is that what you young newleyweds consider romantic??? "When I was your age..........." Hey wait a miniute..........what's this about a third person??? Is it like one of those fancy resturants where there is someone in the bathroom to hold a towel while you dry your hands??? Well that IS romantic. LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!! Sorry guys I just couldn't help but to poke fun.....................I think that WOULD be romantic fun.......Maybe I'll book it and surprise DW..........

RON

LAMPSKIES
11-07-2003, 08:46 PM
HEEELLLPPPPPP!!!!!! Youngest DD Alli just informed me that she is going to be spending "a lot of time in the room by herself" because DD13 Jessica has found some friends and will be in the teens clubs. Poor Alli......Anyone have any DD's around 11 looking for a "pal" on our cruise????

Ron

Momof4princesses
11-07-2003, 10:12 PM
HEY I CAN HELP IN THE GROUP OF PEOPLE GOING WITH US THE KIDS ARE ALL GIRLS BUT ONE
my kids are
Rachel is 13
Olivia is 10
Abby is 6
Sarah is 4
My sisters kids are
Alyssa is 10
Richie is 6
My uncles kids are
Dani is 10
Alex is 6
Sami is 4

So i think Olivia, Alyssa & Dani would love to hang out with your daughter if they are in the same club

LAMPSKIES
11-07-2003, 11:03 PM
I believe the teen age group is 13-17 thus leaving "poor big Al" without her big sis. (Even if they say "they hate each other" at home). Now, we have been on two DCL cruises and they have NEVER been in ANY club. They have either been with us or themselves. Soooooo we'll see.

1GoofyPittsburgher
11-07-2003, 11:26 PM
Hi!!! My name is Sean. I am 12 years old and I love the clubs! I will be on the cruise with siblings and cousinshttp://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/family/jumpinggreens.gif:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

1GoofyPittsburgher
11-07-2003, 11:29 PM
Siblings + Cousins

Amanda 16
Tina 16
Andrew 14
(Me) Sean 12
Nicole 10
Sarah 10
Carolyn 10
Joey 6
Alyssa 6

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TChrist05
11-08-2003, 05:44 AM
Just talking to my DW and laughing about 21 days from right now we will be heading for the airport. Unfortunately, I work for a supermarket and cannot get the Friday after Thanksgiving off, so we must leave on Saturday morning....you just have to pray there is no snow....which there usually is not and there is no problem with the flight. On thing that I do is I make sure we get the early flight out of JFK....so that if there is a problem with the flight we have a little back up with other flights that morning.....but....three weeks and counting my friends.....
Tom

princssdisnygina
11-08-2003, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the advice Bob, and as always.....thanks for the humor Ron. Basically we are wanting some time away from the parents. Romance is in the eye of the beholder and to me, being on the top deck at night can be romantic. But, I want to do something he wouldn't expect and this would be very unexpected. Although Ron, I am very lucky, Jason isn't a sports fan all that much. He will watch it but he doesn't go out of his way to not miss a game! I could always to a room celebration and have champagne and strawberries delivered to the room but we did that on our honeymoon. I think the suriel bath is the way to go, but I will take your advice Bob, I definitely want to make sure the water and steam is working before I go to the mud.

Thanks!

ObsessedwithDisney
11-08-2003, 08:53 AM
I've finally gotten a chance to upload our pictures to Lampskies' website. It was difficult to find a picture of all 3 of us together, so I had to post 2 different ones.

Kathy

DisneyGator01
11-08-2003, 08:57 AM
So 3 weeks from this minute and I'll be driving to Port!!

So is it just me, or is all you think about this cruise? And I still have THREE WHOLE WEEKS to go! By the time it get's closer, they might as well go ahead and send me on vacation early, because I won't be productive at work. I am already driving people crazy talking about my cruise so much. They should give me a onboard credit because every other person who comes off the Tower of Terror, I tell them.. you gotta go on the Disney Cruise.

Well it's off to Super Soap... Cameron Mathison here I come!!! Maybe I can fit him in my suitcase. He won't mind waiting three weeks in there!

DisneyGator01
11-08-2003, 09:07 AM
P.S. With a little help from my computer-literate brother I uploaded my pic on the yahoo site... It's from my last 4 day cruise with the dueling piano stud's Dino and Danny!

izzinmac
11-08-2003, 09:22 AM
Its 9:18EST.Saturday and in less than 15 minutes three weeks from right now our 5 car caravan heads out to the port!!!

Sure glad I don't have the same problem as Shelly!

LAMPSKIES
11-08-2003, 10:21 AM
Let's see it's 9:20 cst............10:20 Eastern yep, about now in three weeks we'll be making sure we have our carryon bags with enought "stuff" to make it thru the day after we board the ship. Alli do you have your suit? Jessica how 'bout you? Kim, "you did make sure my ESPN mug is in the carryon, right?"

bffttsiu
11-08-2003, 10:34 AM
Hey Lampskies, my ESPN mug is staying safely at home. I don't want to take a chance on getting it swapped out for another mug like they tried on me last time. I'm sure you won't let that happen though or you may force them to stop the ship until they bring you your mug back.

LAMPSKIES
11-08-2003, 11:02 AM
As you know it WILL be permenately attatched to my hand (at least for the first three days). If they want to take it they are going to have to sever my hand off!!! Still no answer to the question........."Are they still doing the 20 oz. mug with ESPN being gone." I have 3 at home but it would be mice to get another for my collection.

ObsessedwithDisney
11-08-2003, 04:54 PM
We got our docs today!

Favorite Auntie
11-09-2003, 08:23 AM
Three weeks from right now and we will be enjoying our first day at sea......nice thought.

I do believe they still do the refillable mug, but I think they are phasing out the ESPN logo.

Pretty soon we will be doing the single digit dance!!!

TChrist05
11-09-2003, 12:27 PM
I have always felt that a good part of the vacation is the anticipation and planning you go through before the actual good time vacation. Maybe that is why when our cruise was cancelled last November it had such a hard effect on myself and my wife. I I met a lot of you guys on the replacement Wonder cruise, and looking forward to meeting you again with our real cruise....but maybe I am in the minority but I just feel it is so nice looking forward to the thing....and maybe that is why I keep booking 2 at a time....so I always have something to look forward to....can you guys relate?
Tom

LAMPSKIES
11-09-2003, 06:49 PM
...........bump!!!:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :wave2: :jumping1:

Favorite Auntie
11-09-2003, 09:09 PM
I ahve always said that the planning and the anticipation is one of the best parts of a vacation. I love planning! Might be why I love this board so much!!!

Less than three weeks now!!!:cool:

TChrist05
11-09-2003, 10:04 PM
Yup...I knew I was not alone.....anyone else?
Tom

ObsessedwithDisney
11-10-2003, 04:53 AM
Yes, Tom. I agree - the planning and anticipation is as much fun (if not more) than the vacation itself. As soon as I get back from one, I start planning the next. I guess that's one reason why I love Disney vacations so much. A Disney trip - whether to WDW or a cruise requires so much more advanced planning (or so it seems), no matter how many times you've been there.

princssdisnygina
11-10-2003, 07:05 AM
Can you believe it? We are less than 20 days! It can't get here soon enough! I hope the weather is going to be good! Yes, I am ALL ABOUT the planning and getting ready! It just makes me happy to do it to know I have somewhere to go! I am looking forward to being off work for 10 days! But most importantly, I am looking forward to my time on the ship with the parents and the hubby! Its almost time to start packing! YEAH!

gassmandy
11-10-2003, 07:50 AM
Have to agree--I think the planning and anticipation are a huge part. Someone once said to me that they didn't want to talk about it (the vacation) cause they felt it would make it get here faster, thus make it feel like it ended faster, if that makes any sense. And my response to that is--I feel like I'm extending the vacation by anticipating its arrival!!!! Thats why when I see posts about not wanting to get to PCanaveral too early so they don't have to wait in line--I disagree!!! We love being there right away to help build the excitement and anticipation!!! Not that I need any help in the excitement department!!!:Pinkbounc

princssdisnygina
11-10-2003, 09:13 AM
I agree with you Amanda! I think planning makes it longer! I thin about it 24/7, therefore, it is almost like i am on vacation, even though right now I am at work!

izzinmac
11-10-2003, 09:43 AM
Less than 3 weeks away and we already have one suitcase packed. Of course, this one is full of toys for all the grandkids. Talk about compulsive behavior - we have two major disorders......Disney cruises and spoiling grandkids......Between the two, I will soon be in the poorhouse!!!!!

We are converting the dining room into our pre cruise staging area....preparing for our 29November assault on Port Canaveral at 0900 hours!!! Our preassault briefing will be at 1800 hours on 28November in Gassmandy's tent!!!! Roll call will be taken! (Oops! Forgot....I retired from the Military 12 years ago - get a hold of yourself, Bob)

(Bob is my civilian name)

LAMPSKIES
11-10-2003, 10:55 AM
O.K., eldest DD (Jessica 13) "got it" today. Yep, I was my turn to car pool her and three friends to school..........so as I look down at at the "outside temp" on the dashboard and it said 26 degrees, Jessica was turning up the "butt warmers" on the cold leather seats, she looks at me and says, "what is the temperature in the carribean, and how many more days?" I said "it's supposed to be 87 (I've got the temp in St. Thomas defaulted on my desktop at work), and you only have 12 more days left of school before we fly out!"

Ron

princssdisnygina
11-10-2003, 11:12 AM
Oh my goodness! 87 degrees! That is wonderful! It was about 30 here this morning too! I only like the cold weather christmas day and the rest of the time it can go away! Someday I want to move to Florida! That is wishful thinking though, I would have a hard time getting my husband to move away from his family! I can't believe I only have to work 13 more days! YEAH!

gassmandy
11-10-2003, 12:01 PM
Hey Padre---Don't forget the flip charts so we can issue assignments to each part of the family as far as who goes where for reservations. Maybe we can work it out where THEY'RE the ones running around like mad-men while you and I enjoy the fruits of our labours (ie--buffet at Topsiders).:hyper:
p.s. It's a balmy 85 today!!! Shorts, tank top, sneakers, and a tan!!
p.s.s. My dd's suitcase is packed--just to make sure everything fits--I'll un-pack it the week before to wash all her new cruise clothes!!!!:Pinkbounc

LAMPSKIES
11-10-2003, 12:30 PM
........Just got back from the local Walmart......O.K., I baught two more underwater and 4 more indoor out door disposables for DD's. DW has 12 rolls for her 35mm camera (she a big scrapbooker) and just like last trip have 64k worth of digital pics. (That's 269 pics!) I picked up the shaving cream we ALWAYS forget and another shaving rasor. Those disposables are horrible!!! Now what other "little things" do we always forget???

jkovick
11-10-2003, 01:48 PM
Got out the suitcases this weekend. The snorkel gear is ready. A few items are in the toiletries bag. Are we there yet????:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Crazy Momma
11-10-2003, 02:02 PM
I haven't started packing yet, I did make a list of what I'm packing. I don't think I will pack until the weekend of Nov 22-23. This weekend I'm decorating for Christmas. It's against the Benoit Family holiday rules: No Christmas Tree until after Thanksgiving. Since we are leaving on Nov 24th it has to be done before leaving on vaction.

I'm doing the Disney Happy Dance

Susan

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

1GoofyPittsburgher
11-10-2003, 02:41 PM
I cant wait any longer!!!!!!!!!!! The cruise is so exciting!!!!
#1 Oh yah
:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

THINGS ARE LOOKING SUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

princssdisnygina
11-10-2003, 03:39 PM
OH...I have my christmas stuff up already! I am SO excited for this holiday season! I have my new mickey ornaments up that I bought last year at downtown disney! I am going to get some more this year! I can't wait. I just remembered reading the other posts, to pick up an underwater camera! Since we are taking a snorkeling excursion I want to get some pics! I can hardly stand it! I may have to go home and start getting things ready.

LAMPSKIES
11-10-2003, 06:38 PM
Last year we had family over the weekend before Thanksgiving and DW(Kim) didn't have decorations up yet. It was way too rushed when we got back. Back on Sat the unpacking and getting things back in order.....we didn't have the stuff up 'till the 16th. This year it's going up this weekend!!!!!!!! She is bypassing the Thanksgiving stuff and going right to Christmas.

Gina........which snorkeling excursion are you doing??? We're on the Golden Eagle.....

princssdisnygina
11-10-2003, 06:46 PM
We are doing the Golden Eagle too! On St Maarten right? Just look for the heavy family!

LAMPSKIES
11-10-2003, 07:38 PM
yep, golden eagle St. Maarten 7:45 reservations. Us 4, bfftsiu and Tenna4. DD's wanted early so they had time to shop afterwards..

princssdisnygina
11-10-2003, 07:51 PM
ME TOO! We are going on the 7:45 so we can shop afterwards! I am excited about it, I hear it is a great excursion!

Favorite Auntie
11-10-2003, 08:46 PM
My luggage left yesterday! My parents were kind enough to take it with them on their drive to Florida (they are snow birds and winter in Florida) This way, I will only have one carry on and one five year old very tired little boy (our flight leaves at 7AM!). So I am pretty much all packed....excepte my carry on!!!

87 in St Thomas!!!! Disney, take me away!!!!

Joanne

DisneyGator01
11-10-2003, 08:57 PM
18 days, I can hardly wait! I can almost taste the creme brulee right now!

princssdisnygina
11-10-2003, 09:04 PM
WOW Joanne, must be nice to have that much stuff to be able to pack one suitcase and send it on and still be fine with what you have at home. If I did that I would be wearing the same thing every other day. Well, not really, but close! Good for you! I can't wait to start packing mine!

LAMPSKIES
11-11-2003, 10:27 AM
15 days 'till we fly out to WDW.......2 days at POR then that bus ride to "the ship".
Ron

princssdisnygina
11-11-2003, 10:45 AM
Ron:
What are you going to do at WDW while you are there? Anything exciting? We are staying at POR after the cruise for 4 days! We are doing the Christmas Party and the Candlelight Processional!

Crazy Momma
11-11-2003, 01:53 PM
We are leaving in 14 days. Matthew has a virus and has been out of school for the last 2 days. His fever has been 104. If he has to get sick I'm glad it's this week. I'm hoping Gary and I don't get sick. I don't know about anyone else but, I'm going to bring some anti-bactria wipes with me to wipe down the phone, remote etc... around the room. Better safe than sorry.

I'm doing the Disney Happy Dance!!!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Susan

LAMPSKIES
11-11-2003, 02:05 PM
Gina..........we actually book the two days prior just in the case of bad weather on Sat. Flying out of Chicago in Nov. can be like rolling the dice. And we don't want to miss the ship. Actually my DD's really aren't that excited about WDW. They have season passes for Six Flags and go quite often. Other than MGMs Tower of Terror and Rockin' Rollercoaster DD's don't get excited about anything there. That's what was so dissappointing about being cancelled last year. Yes, we got three days at The Swan, the four night cruise Sun thru Thurs. and the two days at The Dolphin. DCL DID pay for meals at WDW and give half of our $$$$ back but, they LOVE the ship. Sooooooo back to your question.....We land at 10:50 in Orlando so we will probably go to the hotel, check our bags, and head to MGM. Maybe Thanksgiving dinner in Downtown Disney. Planet Hollywood or Rainforest cafe'. As far as Friday, we have hoop dee do review (sp?) booked for 8:30 Fri. night (I've heard good and bad reviews) So Friday is open. I'm sure Jessica (DD 13) will want to "hang" by the pool and Alli (DD 11) will want to go to EPCOT or something with DW Kim.

TCROMW1013
11-11-2003, 03:15 PM
Goofypittsburgher - (Sean) my son will also be cruising and is 12. Maybe you two will meet, his name is Justin.

We are Bengals fans though - if thats OK.

By the way we also got our docs - Orlando here we come.

Tammy

princssdisnygina
11-11-2003, 03:49 PM
Ron:
I have to say, we do the Hoop Dee Doo every year and we love it! I took my DH last year for the first time on our honeymoon and he insisted we go again! The only thing I can think of that stinks about it would be the seating. If you don't have a good table it can be annoying. I hope you booked far enough ahead of time that you will get a good seat. The sooner you book, the better the seat. The food is pretty good and the entertainment is great. However, since your girls are 11 and 13 they might be annoyed. At that age kids go through the "cool" stage so who knows. I think you made a good choice. Send them to Disney Quest if they are into that kind of stuff. There is all kinds of stuff to do for them. They are probably going through the, "I am too cool for Disney" stage! But you are smart arriving early! We come in early saturday morning, heaven forbid we have a delay! Oh, now I am nervous about it!

LAMPSKIES
11-11-2003, 05:14 PM
Hey Gina...first of all where is Pendleton??? Secondly.......the review IS moms idea so they WILL have fun. And if they don't they wouldn't dare say.LOL DQ they like.........as a matter of fact I might like it better, Galaga, missle command, space invaders (am I dating myself?) probably do that Thurs. And yes they are getting THAT attitude. But guess what.....the first time I was at WDW I was 34, and with them. So this is our third time since Feb 2000. All with cruises included. Soooooo yes, they may be "too cool" but they WILL keep that to themselves. I booked the review 3 months ago.....seats aren't all that inportant.......I hear all the beer is included!?!?!?!?!?!? Oh ya, food too, and any time I can take advantage of that "mouse" I will.

Ron

TChrist05
11-11-2003, 05:33 PM
My daughter has been traveling to Disney with us since she was 9 months old....she is now 24 and ususally goes with us on all the Disney trips....honestly she does not like to cruise.....but loves the parks and the nighttime shows in them.....she never ever would say she would not go with us....and she always has the choice.....and it is a good thing she loves it since we bought into the vacation club last May....so we have 39 years to enjoy!
Tom

princssdisnygina
11-11-2003, 05:55 PM
Ron:

Pendleton is about 15 miles NE of Indianapolis. Close to Anderson area if you know where that is at. But yes, the beer is included and so is Sangria! I LOVE the strawberry shortcake too! Your daughters will grow out of that, someday they will enjoy the parks again I am sure. If not, they you will always enjoy them. I used to be that way, but honestly, I could never get enough and I have been going every year since I was born! I am a Disney Groupie! I know you will have a good time and I sure your girls will too even if they don't say it!

lezleyg
11-11-2003, 10:09 PM
We are cruise newbies---and can't wait to experience that Dsney magic! We also have an 8 yo DD, named Courtney, who will be spending a lot of time in the lab. She is very social and is looking forward to meeting new friends. Maybe your DD and she will find eachother:earsgirl:

DisneyGator01
11-12-2003, 08:18 AM
Welcome Lezleyg!!! Glad you found us! This is a great group of cruisers. We are planning a few "meets" The first one will be deck 10 during the sailaway party! You are so lucky you found these boards before your cruise. Be sure to ask away! You are going to love DCL!

LAMPSKIES
11-12-2003, 10:18 AM
Welcome lezleyg!!!!!! I joined these boards after our second DCL vacation (Jan 2003) . Mostly to complain and vent about our cancelled cruise last year. After many hours on these boards I have "met" a lot of people and learned a lot. This will be our best vacation yet!!! My DD's are 13 and 11 and believe it or not have NEVER been in the "clubs" on either of our last two DCL cruises. DD13 jessica is looking foreward to meeting friends in the teen clubs but DD11 Alli (moms velcro child) says she's not interested in the "pre teen clubs". Maybe that will change when she meets other people her age at the "dis meet".

princssdisnygina
11-12-2003, 11:03 AM
welcome lezleyg! We are all VERY excited about our cruise! As you can see, we are counting the days and dwindling away planning and thinking about it!
Ron:
Do you know where Pendleton is now? I am familiar with Crown Point because of winter guard competitions at Chesterton. We used to go and stay at Lake Central High School!

I can't believe it is almost time to see Mickey again!

LAMPSKIES
11-12-2003, 11:20 AM
Gina..........yep I know where you are now. We usually head the other way when we go south. I am at the auction (auto) quite a bit in Indy and we camp A LOT in souther Indiana. Turkey Run, Raccoon Lake, Mc Cormicks Creek etc.
14 more days 'till we fly out!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

LAMPSKIES
11-12-2003, 11:22 AM
Hey..................anyone ever stay at POR before heading to port????? If so, any idea what time the bus leaves?????

Ron

DisneyGator01
11-12-2003, 11:49 AM
Ron, if you don't find out sooner.. I will call Port Orleans when I am at work on Friday and find out for you. :)

LAMPSKIES
11-12-2003, 12:32 PM
Thanks Shelly.......I was just curious. Some of us disers were talking about possibly having a pre meet at topsiders. DW Kim just can't wait to get on the ship and hit the buffett!!!!!!

izzinmac
11-12-2003, 01:00 PM
Just got back from my daily 4 mile walk at lunch. On the spacecoast it is 83 degrees, sunny, and dry. I'm sticking with my original forecast of 78-79 degrees and sunny on sail day!!!

Ron,
Saw you camped at Racoon Lake. Way back when (1967 to be exact), I was in Aircraft Maintenance Officers School at Chanute AFB near Champaign. Towed a ski boat all the way from Calif, and couldn't find anyplace decent in Illinois to ski, so we spent several weekends at Racoon Lake. I'm sure it has changed since then. Small world. That was way before Gassmandy was even a glint in my eye!

Regarding the busses from POR, don't know their specific times, but based on my experience seeing them at WDW and on the beeline, most seem to depart the hotels between 11am and 1 pm. We were just at AKL for a few nights and I noticed the pick up time there was 11:45. Don't know how soon you want to get to the port, or how tied you are to the busses, but they run later than I would like.

We'll leave some shrimp peelings for you!
Bob

jkovick
11-12-2003, 01:13 PM
I was wondering.... has anybody done a recent head count on how many of us will be on the cruise? I haven't been keeping track but am always curious.......

izzinmac? Do you know?:D

TChrist05
11-12-2003, 01:16 PM
Ron...last year when we were picked up at POR for our cancelled cruise we left about 12:15....I know because I was concerned we would get there late and miss those big shrimp at the welcome aboard lunch.....we didn't miss out.....they had plenty....and I did indulge also.....
Lezley.....welcome aboard our thread and our cruise......we know we will have smooth sea's and nice weather cause a bunch of us is owed from last year being cancelled......
See you all soon....you will find me on those nice comfortable chairs on deck four with my discman....my book....and my mug of soda.....(sorry, don't drink).......and the beautiful water and ship....
Tom

LAMPSKIES
11-12-2003, 01:31 PM
Izzinmac.........oouuucchhhhh that hurts!!! 83 degrees? Well it was 59 and foggy, real foggy this morning. A cold front is supposed to be on us around 1:00pm. Then down to the teens tonight and a high of 40 tomorrow. Raccoon lake (Cecil Hardin Resivoir sp?) is probably the same, except, VERY CROWDED since 911. All Indiana State Parks are 100% reservable and impossibe to get a site without a 2 month advance reservation. But, still as pretty as always. We did Turkey Run the last weekend in October.
SHRIMP PEELINGS?????? Who do ya think you are Rae519??LOL..............Ya how 'bout that head count update????

LAMPSKIES
11-12-2003, 01:39 PM
Hey TChrist05, did you read the trip report from the 11/01 sailing??? 18-23 foot waves!!!!! I guess that the boat was a 'rockin. Remember the last night on our Dec. 1 Wonder last year?? If I remember correctly those were only 10-14 footers!!! There is nothing like the first night at sea. A little chilly as we sail away then after dinner (we're late seating) I head to the top deck and it is usually 20 degrees warmer. Nothing like the smell of that Carribean air.

Maybe we'll head to Animal Kingdom for that breakfast if the busses really don't leave 'till 12:15. I think they leave at 11:00 from AK. THEN LOOK OUT SHRIMP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron

jkovick
11-12-2003, 01:52 PM
Lampskies-- We had that fog this morning too. It was crazy-most places had a 2 hr delay in opening because of it. 83 degrees sounds great right now.

DisneyGirlTinkerbell
11-12-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by LAMPSKIES
Welcome lezleyg!!!!!! I joined these boards after our second DCL vacation (Jan 2003) . Mostly to complain and vent about our cancelled cruise last year. After many hours on these boards I have "met" a lot of people and learned a lot. This will be our best vacation yet!!! My DD's are 13 and 11 and believe it or not have NEVER been in the "clubs" on either of our last two DCL cruises. DD13 jessica is looking foreward to meeting friends in the teen clubs but DD11 Alli (moms velcro child) says she's not interested in the "pre teen clubs". Maybe that will change when she meets other people her age at the "dis meet".

That's interesting that your DD age 11 has NEVER been in the clubs. What does she do during the cruise? My not so DS (age 10), decided on last year's cruise, that he was NOT going to the lab. He kept disappearing and we wondered what he was doing. Come to find out, he had charged $160 in cards at QuarterMasters to occupy his time! Good thing I checked our bill a few days into the cruise--would have had to sell the house to pay the bill! :eek:

Needless to say, DS WILL NOT have charging privleges this time! And he IS going to the Lab.

STILL NO DOCS...must call TA TODAY!:mad:

DisneyGirlTinkerbell
11-12-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by smittygl
:earsboy: Firstime Cruisers Here. We are so excited!. There are 7 of us in two deluxe state rooms with verandas. FREE UPGRADE!:cool1: My parents and me wife and three girls. 5, 4 and 8 months.

Can anyone tell me if there is baby food onboard the ship? I know that you can request pack n plays, buy was wondering about the food.

Thanks and have a great trip!

New Cruisers!

::MinnieMo princess: pirate:

I noticed others mention Free Upgrades. This will be our 4th DC--never had a free upgrade! How do you get those? We use AAA for TA, perhaps I should change?

LAMPSKIES
11-12-2003, 02:45 PM
DisneyGirltinkerbell.......our first cruise Feb. of 2000 I called DCL 3 weeks prior to our sailing. My DDs watched Titanic and asked "where are we staying on the ship?" We were in a cat 9. They looked at the brochure and saw it was in the lower level of the ship where the people were locked in as the Titanic was going down. I called DCL and being that it was "off peak" there were many rooms available higher up. I was given a verandah for 50.00 per person more. (4 nighter) I don't know if DCL will talk to you about it. I always book directly thru DCL. Friends of our use a TA and when we were cancelled last year (The night before Thanksgiving.....14 hours before our flight was to leave) DCL called US. They had to contact our friends TA (what are the odds of that happening the night before Thanksgiving????)

LAMPSKIES
11-12-2003, 02:51 PM
My DDs 13 and 11 aren't THAT in the video game thing. They really enjoyed hangin' around the pools and having a few "virgin" strawberry daqueries. The 4 nighters really aren't enough time. It seems like by the time you get on and settled down it's time for a shore excursion, then showers, then dinner and a show, then the same again, then Castaway Cay then disembarking.:(

LAMPSKIES
11-12-2003, 02:55 PM
jkovick............you should have seen me driving back from my friends house at 10:30 last night on my golf cart!!! It was like driving thru a cloud!!!!!!!

LAMPSKIES
11-12-2003, 06:31 PM
ONLY 19 PICS!?!?!?!?!?!!? Here's the link.............For all you newbies to this forum I figured I'd move this link closer to the "chat". http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dclsnov29eastern

princssdisnygina
11-12-2003, 06:57 PM
Ok. So I just posted two pictures on your website! The one is Jason and I's wedding pic (Oct 5,2002) and the other one is one of my favorites! It is a pic of me and Justin Guarini! Hope you like them! Sorry it took me so long to post them!

LAMPSKIES
11-12-2003, 07:45 PM
As of 10/16 these were the official 11/29/03 Eastern sailors...........
TCROMW1013 (4) ROOM 6112
I am looking for families on the November 29, 2003 7-Day Eastern. This will be our first cruise ever and are looking forward to it. (Hubby is a little worried about getting bored) We have a son 12 and a daughter 8 with us. Would love to hear from families also on this cruise

LAMPSKIES (4) ROOM 6608
We'll be there......myself, DW, and DD's 13 and 11. We've been on the 4 nighters and it didn't seem like enough time on the ship. We couldn't get it all in. We were one of the cancelled Magic cruisers last year so we can't wait!!!!!!!!

IZZINMAC (22) ROOMS 6610, 6616, 6618, 6638, 7505,7507, 2605, 2611
We have a family group of 22 going! My wife and I and our seven grown kids w/families in 8 rooms. First time for about 7 in the group. The rest of us have gone several times. Most of us were on a 4 day right after Thanksgiving two years ago and loved that time of year.

FAVORITE AUNTIE (4) ROOM 5000
Hi,
I am going on that cruise with my parents and my nephew who will be 5. It is going to be so much fun!! We do not know what cabin we will have yet, but it won't really matter!!

HULA GIRL (5)
Hi all,
I will be there too with my husband and 3 little boys who are 3, 4, and 9 (or will be at the time). Can't wait!

MOM OF 4 PRINCESSES (10) ROOMS 5522, 5524
We'll be there too along with some other family members. It me, DH, DDs 13, 10, 6, and 4. Lampskies--do you think you DDs would like to correspond with mine? They both have e-mail or I can show them how to post here.
you can add 4 more to your list for me my sis her hubby and her dd 10 and ds 6 are goin with us too
GASSMANDY (3) ROOM 2611
I'm one of izzinmac's daughters. My husband, 7 1/2 month old daughter (in Nov. --she's only a month right now), and myself will also be there!!! This is our 3rd Dis. cruise-- 2nd 7 day. We loved our 4 day right after Thanksgiving 2 years ago!! The ship is all decked out for Christmas!

BFFTTSIU (2)
We'll be on this cruise enjoying our Honeymoon after our October Vegas wedding. We, as with Lampskies, were to be on the cancelled cruise of last year. Hopefully we will have better luck this year (although we were suppose to be at POFQ and that has been closed down, hopefully it will only get better).

OBSESSEDWITHDISNEY (3)
This will be our first DCL cruise (although it will be our 3rd cruise). It's me, DH and DS7. November seems so far away, and the wait is killing us!
Kathy

CRUISERDEW73/PENGUINSFAN (15)
I'll be on there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm 14..., i'm goin w/ my mom dad, and siblings, 16, 11, 9, and 6
I'm cruiserDew's mom, we have a group of 15 going. We are calling it the Cousin Cruise - 9 cousins under the age of 16. We have 5 kids 16, 14, 12, 9 and 5, cousins 16 & 9 and other set 9 and 6. We ended up with late seating, we'll see what kids dump us to go to the clubs. This is the first DCL trip for the other two families. We took our crew for a 7 day 1/19/02 and fell in love with it. There looks like lots of folks ready to enjoy the holidays early. We'll see you there

SCHROLLS (7)
We'll be there. DH, DS (9) and my MIL, FIL, and 2 SIL's. This is third DCL cruise for us. Last cruise was 7 day eastern October 2002.

MICKEYSWIFE (7) ROOMS 5639 & ?
Hi, we will be cruising with 7 people. Myself, DH, DMIL, DD(26), DS(23) DS(11) and DD's friend, Kimberly. We have late seating. DMIL and Kim have never cruised before. What a treat awaits them. DD and DS have cruised another line. They are somewhat nervous about not seeing people their own age. We are using one cat 11.. cabin 5639 and one cabin in cat 6. (Don't know that number yet). I can't wait!! Hi to everybody...Nancy

CRUISINCHICK (3)
We'll be there (on the November 29th cruise). My DH and 4 year old DS. We can't wait. All my son talks about is when he's going on "Mickey's boat". (I'll have him saying "Mickey's Ship" before November).
My DH and I have cruised a LOT (15+), but this is the first Disney cruise AND the first in 4 years. It's been WDW for the past 3 years and we're both having cruise withdrawal. And now we'll get the best of both!!!

ARMYFAMILY (3)
We will be there too! It will be our first Disney cruise and DS (6) first cruise. He's so excited.
We are also on deck 6 with late seating dinner.
I am so glad I found these boards! It is so useful and it's nice to "know" some of the fellow cruisers.
Lisa

BEARFAN (2)
Hey!
We'll be there too! DH(39) and me(38). Hey Lampskies, do you have your tickets yet? Does ATA leave out of only Midway?
Lisa Marie Smith

JKOVICK (2)
DH and I will be on this cruise too. Not our first cruise, but our first DISNEY CRUISE and that (I'm told) makes a big difference. We are both so excited!
PENSKESTH1 (4) ROOM 7020
We will be there for the Nov. 29 seven day Eastern... We have room 7020. DH, DD(14) DS(5) and myself. We can't wait to set sail. It will be our first Cruise ever.
We also are doing the late seating. We are use to eating Late anyway.

NJCRUISERS (3)
Please add us to the list!! We're cruising with you on November 29th ..... my DH and DS4 and me, of course. This is our first Disney Cruise but DH and I have been on lots of other cruises. We LOVE cruising and hope DS does too. This could be the first of many for him

DISNEYGIRLTINKERBELL (3) ROOM 7565
Any SCUBA divers?
I will be on this cruise with my sons, ages 16 & 10 (well, 11 since he'll have a birthday on the cruise!). We are in cabin 7565, but hope to upgrade at the terminal.

PRINCSSDISNYGINA (4) ROOMS 5137 & 5139
I will be there
My husband and I will be there in room 5139 with my parents in room 5137. We have taken two 4 night disney cruises but this is our first 7 day. We are SO excited! We are also going to WDW afterwards and staying in the Caribbean Beach for 4 days. We are frequent disney travelers, I have been every year since I was born and I am 25 years old! We are from Indiana.
Jason & Gina Bowman

WILE13 (4) ROOM 2066
Found You Guys!
Thanks we found out where all the Novermber 29th cruisers are!
This will be our 2nd cruise, we were just Upgraded to a Cat # 9 from an 11. Will be staying at 2066 anyone else, we are bringing our 3 year old and 6 year old with us. I see we are looking at meeting at the Bon Voyage Party.
Thanks,
Eric
ROHU13 (4)
first time cruisers
My family will also be on the 11/29 cruise. myself, DH, DS10, and DD6. We are so excited! I'm also nervous with this being our 1st time on a cruise. This trip has been in the planning for 2yrs....oh by the way we have late seating. Hope to meet a few of you all on the ship.

CRAZY MOMMA (3)
DH and DS 7 and I will be sailing. We are going for our 10 year anniversary. This is our 2nd disney cruise. Our son is giving us a hard time about staying in the kids club while we go to dinner a Palo's.

TCHRIST05 (2?)
The black cloud has passed....
Hello all.....the black cloud over my head has finally passed and I will be on the 11/29 cruise with all you guys.....9 weeks to go.....ready to go now!
Tom

Who are we missing?????????????????

Ron

TChrist05
11-12-2003, 08:07 PM
Ron....it is my wife and I sailing this time.....DD does not like to cruise.....we are in cabin 6136..........just a couple of weeks left.....
Tom

gassmandy
11-12-2003, 08:17 PM
Have to admit Gina--little jealous of you in the pic. w/ Justin!!! I always thought he was a cutie patootie!:p

izzinmac
11-12-2003, 08:36 PM
Ron,
I spent part of today going from page 20 to 39 identifying the newbies who have joined the group since then. I'll post them in the morning. It was interesting reading where this group has been over the past 20 pages- World Series hopes, first snow storms, getting our first names up, Dismeet plans, waiting for Brown, excursion plans, counting the weeks to go and then the days, and Wino meet plans. After we update the list, maybe it will be time for a roll call on who plans on meeting at the Dismeet!
bob

princssdisnygina
11-12-2003, 08:51 PM
Amanda:
I have to admit, he is even cuter in person! AND...he is super nice, he just made my heart melt. We talked to him for a while and he is really cool! I have an 8 x 10 of that pic hanging in my apartment!

Favorite Auntie
11-12-2003, 09:03 PM
It is getting very cold here, and tomorrow and Friday we are supposed to have wind storms...not fun! I can't wait...three weeks from today and it will be St Thomas for us!!!:sunny:

DisneyGator01
11-12-2003, 09:49 PM
Well news just said that the high is 85 tomorrow!!! When will it be fall in Florida???!!!??!!?

Well my grandmother and I are pretty excited now. We are still trying to decide if we will just do the islands on our own, or do an excursion. Maybe we will do the cable car thing in St. Thomas? Has anyone done that before? can you walk to it from the port?

Oh well.. we are nearing the TWO WEEK mark! Yipeee!!!
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

ObsessedwithDisney
11-13-2003, 05:48 AM
princssdisnygina, that is a cool picture. When did you get a chance to meet him?

DisneyGator01 - My son and I've done the tramway at St. Thomas. Yes, it is within walking distance from the ship. It's nice - not spectacular, although the view from the mountaintop is worth the trip alone. Once you're there, there's a bird show (cute), and some shopping (souvenior type items), and a place where you can order drinks and relax as you enjoy the view of Charlotte Amalie. We're planning to do it again this time.

We haven't decided what we're going to do yet. I'm interested too, to know if anyone has done any of the islands on their own, and what it is. We want to do a beach day and a catamaran, but can't decide when/where. Of the two islands, which is better to do on your own?

To make it even the decision even more difficult, we want to do something DMIL will enjoy too. I've thought about the Under 2 Flags tour of St. Martin/Maarten. Has anyone done that?

DisneyGator and Izzinmac, all your talk about the weather in Florida makes very jealous. I want to move to Florida, but DH just laughs. He thinks I'm kidding, but I'm not. And I get more persistent when the snow falls!

princssdisnygina
11-13-2003, 06:58 AM
obsessedwithDisney:

Justin was doing a concert downtown Indianapolis and my sister and I decided to go. I watched American Idol since it started so I am a HUGE fan! We were really close to the stage so I was thrilled! Then, we decided to see where he went after he performed and he ended up going to do an interview in a radio station. I don't know if you know downtown indy but this all happened on monument circle so there was no driving involved, he has his body guards and security walk him over. I actually had seen Kelly Clarkson the month before at the State Fair and got many pictures of her! So, I stood there and waited. Finally, one of the guards saw me and noticed I had been there for a while and asked me if I wanted to come in! Like I would say no! So, I got to spend about 45 minutes with him. It was cool!

DisneyGator01
11-13-2003, 07:08 AM
85 is okay now when it's not so humid.. but when its 98, 100% humidity, and you are standing on the black concrete at MGM, with the sun beating down on you.. you wonder, "Why the heck do I live in Florida?:sunny:. It's pretty brutal. But I have never had to go through a bad snow storm or put up with that for a few months, so not sure what is worse.. the cold, wet, snow or the blazing hot and humid sunshine... hmm. Maybe you could convince your dh and tell him you need to do a very scientific study:teeth: .

I was thinking about the Under to Flags tour, but I am worried if they drive around in the mountains. I took my grandmother on a tour of the Blue Ridge Mountians once, and she was so nervous the entire time... thinking the car would drive off a cliff!

Maybe we will just take a water taxi in St. Martin and do some shopping and head back to the ship. She is a lot more familar with St. Thomas because she has been there several times--her brother owns a rental house in St. John, so she has taken a few vacations there. So she can be my St. Thomas tourguide.

I can't wait til we reach the TWO WEEK mark! I have 11 working days left!!! (Im not counting down):hyper:

jkovick
11-13-2003, 07:17 AM
Ok, this morning- guess what I woke up to? High winds and snow! All this 80 degree weather talk and it is snowing here! Ugh! Is it time to go yet?

gassmandy
11-13-2003, 07:24 AM
Yay--it's supposed to be only 81 here on the Space Coast--and dry air--which is a TREAT for us Floridians!!!! I got to turn my a/c off and open up all the windows!!!!!:Pinkbounc

jkovick
11-13-2003, 07:51 AM
gassmandy- I am so jealous right now it's not even funny! As I sit here in my office in my turtleneck sweater, winter coat hanging on the coat rack, all I can think is-- IT"S NOT FAIR!!! Oh please, please let it be time to go!

izzinmac
11-13-2003, 07:58 AM
With the news of Nate Page, this doesn't seem quite as important as it did last night. But here goes!

I am attaching all the "newbies" info since we last did this way back on page 20. A VERY rough count says we have at least 137 people identified in our group (including all our families/fellow travellers). While a few of us seem to be the loud mouths and dominate the thread, we sure want to meet everyone who has let us know they are cruisin.

As I understand it, our MAIN get together will be on deck 10, midship, starboard side (terminal side) right after the Safety Drill is complete (about 4:30). Some of us will have big Mickey Hands to identify ourselves. That sounds about as organized as we will get. Let's start a rollcall of who plans on showing up for the Dismeet at 4:30!

In the meantime, here is the "newbie" list to go along with the one Lampski reposted yesterday.

Bob

DISNEYGATOR01 (2) Shelly and Grandma
late joiner, but excited!!!
Well up until today I was going on the 11/30 4 day, but I decided what the heck... it's 7 days for me!!

SMITTYGL (7)
Firstime Cruisers Here. We are so excited!. There are 7 of us in two deluxe state rooms with verandas. FREE UPGRADE! My parents and me wife and three girls. 5, 4 and 8 months

4OFUSFROMPA (4)
We can't wait! The November 29th Magic trip will be our family's 3rd. Last year we were on the Thanksgiving 'Western Magic' and the year before on the Wonder. We are very excited for the Christmas activities/decorations this trip. Our trip on the Wonder was a Christmas one and the ship looks so festive.
I am travelling with DH and 2 DD (ages 8 and 4

1GOOFYPITTSBURGHER (1+)
Hi!!! My name is Sean. I am 12 years old and I love the clubs! I will be on the cruise with siblings and cousins

LEZLEYG (3)
We are cruise newbies---and can't wait to experience that Dsney magic! We also have an 8 yo DD, named Courtney,

izzinmac
11-13-2003, 08:00 AM
Some portion, if not all, of the IZZINMAC group will be at the Dismeet! Can't wait to see the ship pull away from the dock!!!

jkovick
11-13-2003, 08:11 AM
DH and I will be there.

gassmandy
11-13-2003, 10:01 AM
My dh--Shawn, my dd--Addison, and myself will all be there!! Yay!!!
Can't wait!!!!:hyper:

DisneyGator01
11-13-2003, 10:05 AM
me and my grandmother will be there :)

:wave2: :hyper: ::yes:: :wave2: :hyper:

Favorite Auntie
11-13-2003, 10:27 AM
I will be there with Bobby, and I assume that my parents will be there too.... Fruity drinks for everyone??!!?? I love the melon daiquaris! There is one night, St Thomas maybe , that they are two for one in the souvenier cup....YUM!!

LAMPSKIES
11-13-2003, 11:01 AM
Favorite Auntie..........if you get today what we got yesterday......hold on to your hat!!!!!!!! 60mph winds and 16ft waves on Lake Michigan. The temp went fron 59 to 30 in a couple of hours.
Amanda..........you opened your windows to let the air in???? The wind last night blew the scheens off of the north side of my house...........Things different???? 82 degrees by you 22 by us......Things the same..........looks like the air wants inside our homes!!!!!!
Bob............did you say you can't wait 'till the shrimp leaves port....or the ship??? I'm starting to lose concentration on everything........I have my carrebean music in the cd player in my jeep.......I wore a hawiian shirt to dinner the other night and I refuse to wear jeans 'till we get back from the cruise. IT'S SHORTS 'TILL IT SNOWS FOR ME!!!!!
If I start screaming Minnies name while in bed (if you know what I mean) DW Kim is going to have me committed!!!!!!!!

LAMPSKIES
11-13-2003, 11:04 AM
Myself and Brad (bfftsiu) will be on deck 10. (mugs in hand) DW Kim, DDs Jessica and Alli and Brads DW Kristen will be on deck 9 dancing as usual!!!!!!!

Crazy Momma
11-13-2003, 03:35 PM
The Benoit crew will be there. Susan Gary & Matthew

Ron, Beware!! you may become shark bait because you sent the cold weather our way. It's so windy I'm waiting for the Washington Monument to blow over. I hate the COLD!!!!

12 more days before we leave for Disney!!! I will be glad to leave the cold weather behind me!!!!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Susan

Mickeyswife
11-13-2003, 04:01 PM
Hi, did I read somewhere that the starboard side of deck 10, overlooking the pool, is the designated handicap space for the sailaway party? Not a problem, right? I am sure some of our group will be there. Nancy

LAMPSKIES
11-13-2003, 05:16 PM
The last 2 sailaways I stayed on the side opposite of where you board. When goofy does his thing and waves to the crowd on the dock I prefer to be on the opposite side. It's less crowded. Port or starboard....? The question was raised earlier in these threads......I guess the ship doesn't always dock the same way. Isn't that the conclusion we came to earlier?? I guess it's time to figure it out.......... Getting close........:bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

DisneyGator01
11-14-2003, 09:26 AM
so is it safe to say we have hit the TWO WEEK mark?

WOOHOO!!!:hyper:

princssdisnygina
11-14-2003, 09:35 AM
2 WEEKS! 2 WEEKS! 2 WEEKS! 2 WEEKS! 2 WEEKS! 2 WEEKS! 2 WEEKS! 2 WEEKS! 2 WEEKS! 2 WEEKS! 2 WEEKS! 2 WEEKS! 2 WEEKS! 2 WEEKS! 2 WEEKS! 2 WEEKS! 2 WEEKS! 2 WEEKS! 2 WEEKS! 2 WEEKS! 2 WEEKS! 2 WEEKS! 2 WEEKS! 2 WEEKS! 2 WEEKS! WWWWOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Can you tell I am a little excited?

Crazy Momma
11-14-2003, 09:42 AM
We've hit our 2-week mark for the cruise!!! I've hit my 1-week mark for working. Next Friday's my last day in the office until December 8th!!!

Susan

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

LAMPSKIES
11-14-2003, 10:14 AM
I dropped youngest DD Alli 11, off at school this morning.......and only 8 more days of school before we fly out Thanksgiving morning!!!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

DisneyGator01
11-14-2003, 10:18 AM
I'm so excited :)

It's starting to get very very close now! I went shopping yesterday, got my tropical pants (only $4.99!! Great sales at Parisian, for those living in the south!) and I got my "formal" A new black cocktail dress.. about as formal as I get. It was so fun to shop. Now I need to start collect the little items, and get packing, since I work right up to the night before we sailaway.

This weekend though is all about getting Xmas decorations up. I usually wait until the weeked after Thanksgiving, but I will be CRUISING with all of you and Mickey then!! So rather have an early start then a late start!

:Pinkbounc :bounce:
Well off to work now, maybe I'll go watch the parade and get a Mickey Fix!

Crazy Momma
11-14-2003, 10:32 AM
Shelley,

We are putting our decorations up this weekend. I always play Christmas music when we decorate. DH will freak out!!! He believes you shouldn't play Christmas music until after Thanksgiving. NOT this year!!!!!

Since we will be around a few days prior to sailing, what days are you working at MGM that week? I think I remember you worked at the gift shop neat Tower of Terror. Am I correct?

Susan

DisneyGator01
11-14-2003, 10:36 AM
I'll bee there Tues-Fri.... Mainly in the afternoon and evenings. Just ask for me, and I should be around ::yes::

LAMPSKIES
11-14-2003, 11:21 AM
14 days 'till:wave: I don't want to put a negative spin on what has been such a positive thread......... But.................has anyone read other posts about the rough seas?????????? I can only get a 10 day forcast for St. Thomas, thru Nov. 23rd. And it is going to rain almost every day. TChrist05.........are you sure that that black cloud is gone???:confused: :confused: :confused: LOL

jkovick
11-14-2003, 12:48 PM
I was reading the reports about the rough seas and the amount of ill passengers. It has me a little worried. What really sort of freaked me out was the post about people crawling out of the theater because they couldn't stay upright. Wow! I hope that isn't true for us!

LAMPSKIES
11-14-2003, 12:53 PM
That wouldn't be the first time I've ever crawled out of a theatre:tongue: LOL....................

princssdisnygina
11-14-2003, 12:56 PM
I found a 15 day forecast for St. Thomas and this one shows it to be clear and sunny! Follow this link

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/adcbin/public/8to15day_local.asp?partner=accuweather&zipcode=00801&metric=0

LAMPSKIES
11-14-2003, 01:08 PM
I guess this means we don't have to make TChrist05 and his "black cloud" walk the plank at our sailaway party...LOL

izzinmac
11-14-2003, 01:11 PM
Ron,
Are you worried about getting seasick, or just looking for an excuse to crawl everywhere? I answered your other post with a cure to your concern. Also, for this group, here is a good site to bookmark for the next few weeks. Looks like that storm in the NE sure has the Northern Atlantic churning.

https://www.fnmoc.navy.mil/products/WAM/natl_swht_000.gif

Hopefully, all will be calm in two weeks (except our heartbeats!!!)

Bob

DisneyGirlTinkerbell
11-14-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by jkovick
I was reading the reports about the rough seas and the amount of ill passengers. It has me a little worried. What really sort of freaked me out was the post about people crawling out of the theater because they couldn't stay upright. Wow! I hope that isn't true for us!

That happened to us on our '99 sailing on the Wonder. The ship had only been in service for a few weeks. It was still "creaking and settling". My DM and I were in the theater watching the "Sixth Sense" ...of all movies, when the boat started rocking so much the theater was creaking...sounded like a haunted house:scared1:

I left to check on the kids at the Lab. I was literally hanging on to the rails...almost crawling just to get a feet down the hall. It was BAAAAAD!:faint: My oldest DS was down for the count the rest of that day. DM went to bed too. The youngest DS and I managed to make it without too much discomfort.

At dinner, Triton's looked like a ghost town...so many passengers too sick to make dinner.

The captain finally got us to calmer seas...all was not lost. Let's hope that scene is not repeated.

BTW--Finally got docs today! AAA sent them to the other office. TA had to got get them from the other location.:D

TChrist05
11-14-2003, 02:37 PM
One way or the other, I will be at the sailaway party....no walking the plank since the black cloud is long gone...in September the sea's were quite rough on the 3 day we went on...and we were hanging on the walls at times....but we made it and nobody appeared to sick to have a good time.....so.....two weeks and counting....two weeks from now I will have 3 hours of work left before the fun begins....and that means when I walk out of work and get in my car I am on vacation....sooooooo...let's get ready to have a great cruise.......
Tom

LAMPSKIES
11-14-2003, 03:19 PM
Disneygirltinkerbell.......how wierd!!!!!!! Feb. 2000 was our first Wonder cruise.......sixth sence was the movie then too. Hey Bob, maybe all this beer drinking I've benn doing all my life could finally pay off. Maybe my stagger could work out to be a "counter stagger".

NJ Cruisers
11-14-2003, 10:07 PM
WOW ... this thread has really exploded in the last 2 weeks. Everyone is getting in cruise mode ... ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO!!! Work has been very hectic and stressful lately, but its slowing down and I am MORE than ready for a vacation.

We will be at the DIS Meet for the sail away party - drink in hand. We'll be looking for the waving hands!! We'll also be attending the beer tasting party ... what? ... wine you say? ... never mind!!

We'll be staying at the Radisson on Friday night, but won't be getting there until 7:30 at the earliest. Anyone else? Will you be hanging out by the pool?

Diane and Rick (DH) and Matt (DS4)

LAMPSKIES
11-14-2003, 10:30 PM
Diane.............POR for us Thursday night..........trying to get an early bus to port so I can get ahead of Bob inthe shrimp line.............

NJ Cruisers
11-14-2003, 10:32 PM
Does our group have any 4 year old boys besides my DS Matt? I see several 4 year old girls, but no other boys. Well, he is used to that - his regular play group has 4 girls and Matt. His pre school class has twice as many girls. But it is very strange that it's this way everywhere.

Diane

p.s. izzinmac - please cross CruisinChick off your the list of our group. That was my old name. I thought my DH would get into this and wouldn't want to use that name so I changed it.

PenskeSth1
11-15-2003, 01:30 AM
N.J cruisers I have a 5 year old son (Davey) who will most likely spend ALL the time he can in the clubs. He always wants to go to the cubs den at WL when we are there. Davey likes to make friends with as many kids as possible. He is mr social bug.:chat:

Favorite Auntie
11-15-2003, 10:03 AM
Not 4, but is 5 close enough? I am sure he will love the clubs. Bobby has never been on a cruise before, but knowing him he will have to be taken kicking ans screaming from the clubs! I will bring him to the meet with me!::MickeyMo

Joanne

LAMPSKIES
11-15-2003, 10:41 AM
After today.............only one more Saturday of work before we sail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce:

DisneyGator01
11-15-2003, 10:47 AM
I can taste the peel and eat shrimp already...

Did someone say Bahama Mama? 13 days now... :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

LAMPSKIES
11-15-2003, 12:05 PM
So I'm looking at the ship at www.local6.com, the port canavaral cam and it looks like the "port" side is dock side. Port is the right side....right??? Which means I am usually starboard side for the "sailaway" party. Have we decided yet which side for the dismeet? I do believe the ship docks both ways.

Ron

LAMPSKIES
11-15-2003, 12:10 PM
HEY GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think of this............After today the next time The Magic sails for the Eastern Carribean.......WE WILL BE ON HER!!!!!!!!!!:wave2: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :smooth:

gassmandy
11-15-2003, 04:06 PM
Hey Ron--that's a good way to look at it!!!! Next Eastern--the ship is ours!!
Just got back from 4 hrs. @ Magic Kingdom---gorgeous weather! Will be at MGM on Thanksgiving--can't wait...........
Might have to go up to the port next Sat. and watch the ship leave one last time before we're on it!!!!!!!!:hyper:

izzinmac
11-15-2003, 09:09 PM
Ron,Ron,Ron....
Retraining for an Indiana Sailor!!!

Port=Left
Starboard=Right

The way to remember - the two short, four letter words go together(Port-Left) and the longer words go together (Starboard-Right) Always determined looking towards the Bow (pointy end) of the ship.

Also, the Disney ships always dock at Canaveral with the pointy end heading out the channel and the Starboard side next to the terminal. Since we board on deck 4, they need to put the side with the hole in it next to the terminal.

I think we decided for the dismeet to be halfway between the pointy end and the round end on the side nearest the terminal up on the top floor.(Test question - define that in Sailor's terms) We can change that if thats what everyone wants, but I know at 5pm my family likes to watch the ship pull away from the dock and go past Rusty's and Jetty park which are on the right.

Bob

lezleyg
11-15-2003, 09:10 PM
We are cruising with friends who have a 4 year old boy, Jack, who will be spending alot of time in the club

TChrist05
11-15-2003, 10:00 PM
Two weeks from right now we will be just finishing up our first dinner on the MAGICal ship......10 more working days for me and it is 7 on the ship and 5 nights in heaven......so we are very close to single digits........
Tom

Crazy Momma
11-16-2003, 09:19 AM
Good Mornng,

Two weeks from today 9:16 am I will be having coffee on the veranda. The open sea, fresh air, DH and DS sleeping ( I hope).
Gee, life is grand. What more could I ask for???? maybe..... a frozen drink or two.

I have one more week of work!!!! Then 2 full weeks out of the office!!!!!

I'm doing the Disney Happy Dance!!!

gassmandy
11-16-2003, 09:49 AM
Crazy Momma--I am very jealous because while you're drinking your coffee at 9:16 am--I will have been up for almost 3 hours, had my coffee, walked around deck 4 at least a mile, took a shower, and had breakfast up at Topsiders. All because of my DD..............:eek: Who needs an alarm clock when I have her, huh?? Can't wait for the day when I can sleep in (just once).

DisneyGator01
11-16-2003, 10:31 AM
Well, two weeks from today, I'll be lounging around the Quiet Cove pool on our first day at sea!!

I'd have had my coffee and danish in my room already.. gone to Topsiders for some yummy breakfast buffet, and would now be sipping some nice frosty beverage, catching some rays and reading my book!

Less then two weeks now but it still seems TOO FAR away!

NJ Cruisers
11-16-2003, 10:43 AM
Thanks lezleyg - glad to hear that there is another 4 year old boy on the cruise. Matt will be looking for Jack - then they can both hang out with all of those 4 year old princesses.

I am getting so EXCITED about this cruise. I love cruising and it has been 4 long years since our last one.

Let's see .... 2 weeks from now ... our first day at sea .... all finished with the running around, standing in lines, packing/unpacking. Hmmmmm ... I think I'll just be relaxing on a deck chair and soaking up the rays. Maybe pinching myself to see if it's real.

Diane (cruising with Rick and Matt)

LAMPSKIES
11-16-2003, 12:21 PM
Amamda...........We'll be at MGM on Thanksgiving also. Our plane land at the airport at 10:50, the bus to POR where we will leave our luggage get a bite to eat and the head to the Tower os terror and Rockin' rollercoaster. Anyone in your party of 23 have nextel service? I'll have my "work leash" with me.
Bob.......port or starboard............military terms.....as close as I got to the military was that I was a patrol boy in grade school. LOL And as far as laft and rights on boats all I ever worried about was where the cooler was in the ski boat!!!!!!!!1

Favorite Auntie
11-16-2003, 06:36 PM
So....is everyone packed?

Joanne

Crazy Momma
11-16-2003, 09:06 PM
Not yet,

My Christmas tree is up with no decorations. I'm going to decorate it tomorrow night.

Did you put your tree up yet?

Susan

DisneyGator01
11-16-2003, 10:51 PM
Ron,

Not sure if you every found out, but I called POR front desk and they told me the DCL bus leaves at 12pm.

So you'd be 30 mins behind on shrimp eating...at least. :eek:

Shelley

princssdisnygina
11-16-2003, 10:54 PM
My tree is up and I have all my suitcases out, but there is nothing in them. I can't believe it, less than 2 weeks away! I am counting the hours! I can imaging it now, sitting on the beach, getting a tan while everyone else is home freezing! LOL.

Gina

::MinnieMo

gassmandy
11-17-2003, 07:11 AM
No, Ron--no nextels, just Verizon--can you hear me now? good, but maybe we can figure out a time to meet up (in the ToT gift shop where Shelley is!!).
Went up to the port yesterday to watch the Wonder leave and the area was packed w/ people. We finally figured out it was because it was Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Seas first sailing. What a huge ship!! I think that means it's 7 day cruises leave on Sunday which is good--we look dinky next to it. OK not dinky--but smaller. Wasn't impressed w/ the look of Carnivals new ship (glory?) but I liked the Mariner.

DisneyGator01
11-17-2003, 07:35 AM
Well my first step in packaging is complete... got my suitcase back from my sister, who's away at college now! The little stinker "borrowed" it.

Next step... laundry :eek: And I sure do have a lot of it. It's a never ending battle to keep up with it, and I think I am loosing big time.

Ah well, have a great day fellow cruisers!! 11 days left!!

jkovick
11-17-2003, 08:26 AM
Our bags are mostly packed (all but the dress clothes in the garment bag) Now comes the next week and a half where I semi-obsessively pack and re-pack, check my list and re-check my list. (See, I have what you might call a "system".) hehehe :laughing:

LAMPSKIES
11-17-2003, 10:22 AM
It's down to one more Saturday, on more Sunday and one more Monday before we fly to WDW an Thursday morming!!!!!!! We're having DD's make the final "necessity count" as far as what is needed. Shorts, swim suits, underwear etc...... DW is having a scrapbook workshop here Friday so she claims the decorations go up on Saturday. Then the inlaws and parents come over on Sunday for some "deep fried Turkey"!!!!

TChrist05
11-17-2003, 12:46 PM
We started decorating for Christmas yesterday, and since we always get a real tree we decided to look at the artificial ones so we could put that up also....just cannot do it....love the smell and look of the real....and we go cut ours down ourselves so it is like a tradition....like sailing on a Disney ship after Thanksgiving seeing it decorated for Christmas.....I go back to work Wednesday and then work 10 days straight.....and then 2 weeks off....7 MAGICal nights and 5 great WISHES nights in Disney World....and by the way....if you have not seen the new fireworks show in the Magic Kingdom find a way to do so....it is incredible....breathtaking.....true Disney....so all.....only 11 days left...and looking so forward to it....
Tom....the black cloud lifted!

LAMPSKIES
11-17-2003, 12:58 PM
Doing the single digit dance here!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: ..............we're leaving Thursday morning!!!!!!!

TChrist05.......all clouds in Northwest Indiana have just lifted....it's sunny and 58 degrees!!!!!!!!

princssdisnygina
11-17-2003, 01:45 PM
You are SO LUCKY! You leave this thursday? You going to be at WDW for 8 days before the cruise?
I thought you were leaving on Thanksgiving?

LAMPSKIES
11-17-2003, 02:12 PM
Ya....................Thursday...Thanksgiving. 9 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!

princssdisnygina
11-17-2003, 04:43 PM
Ok, I am an idiot! I am still in 11 day mode! I just can't believe it is getting so close!

TChrist05
11-17-2003, 11:40 PM
OK all....almost 10 days out.....I must admit I am jealous of you guys going to Disney before the cruise....had to do it after due to job....but would love to run around the world and then relax for 7 MAGICal days.......
Tom

izzinmac
11-18-2003, 09:14 AM
Went back to page 40 and so far the following groups have said they will be at the Dismeet on Deck 10. Anyone else???????

Izzinmac
JKovick
Gassmandy
DisneyGator01
FavoriteAuntie
Lampskies
Bfftsiu
CrazyMomma
MickeysWife
TChrist05
NJCruisers

Did I miss anyone???

Almost down to single digits!!!!!!!

jkovick
11-18-2003, 10:04 AM
***WARNING***- I am gonna get a little shmucky here

I was sitting here going over my packing list, kinda stressing over if I had everything right.... and then it hit me-- I am so "sweating the small stuff." What was I thinking?
How fortunate all of us on this thread are! How many people only dream of being able to take the kind of trip we are all taking? With the state of the world right now, politically, economically and otherwise, we are able to take this wonderful trip with our loved ones, meet new friends and enjoy time together. I think we are all truly blessed to be able to have this "magical" time.

No more stressing for me. ( I can see the forest, the trees are no longer in my way!)
:D :D :D :D :D :D

princssdisnygina
11-18-2003, 10:20 AM
I agree with you 100% Jen. However, I am still going to stress out a little, I am always afraid I will forget something. But as soon as I arrive everything will be fine, forgot something or not!

Single digit dance tomorrow!

LAMPSKIES
11-18-2003, 10:53 AM
I agree with you 100% jkovick........but you are forgetting 1 thing.......health. When I was absolutely furious at DCL for the way DCL handled our cancellation last year Rae519 (on these boards) who had lost a daughter (I think she was 7) brought up the same thing........how fortunate we are to, 1)In todays economy be able to take a trip like this, and for many of us it is numbers three, four, five etc....and 2) Just be fortunate enough to still have the ones we love with us. Just get me there with Kim, Jessica and Alli all healthy and if we forgot something.......I'll just buy it!!! No stress no fuss!!! And once we get on the ship what else do we need?? A pair of shorts, some tanning oil, my KTTW card (to be supplied by DCL) and my ESPN mug.

Ron

princssdisnygina
11-18-2003, 11:22 AM
I don't plan on forgetting something and if I do I will figure it out. I don't have that much money where I can just go buy what I forgot unless it is necessary! But yes, most importantly I have my husband and my parents! It will be my dads 60th bday on the ship and we will be celebrating our first wedding anniversary too! I am very happy and blessed to be going with the people I love. And my parents are flying my sister down to meet us at WDW on the 6th when we return, that will be even more special! She is 14 years older than me so the last time we got to go somewhere together was 21 years ago! I am SO excited because we have become so close over the years! The most important thing is that we are going and we will be together!

Crazy Momma
11-18-2003, 02:03 PM
Calling all winos... oops I meant wine tasters.

I wanted to get a head count to see who's still interested in doing the wine tasting. I think the wine tasting will be on Monday afternoon because of the football game on Sunday. I could be wrong but, regardless I'm going to the wine tasting. I'm not going to sit around watching the Redskins blow another game. I'm going to sign-up on Saturday before it's sold out. I heard the wine tasting fills up fast. Let me know who's missing or if you want to go or if you have changed your mind.

Here's the list I have so far,

Favorite Auntie (with DP maybe)
DisneyGator (DG)
ObsessedwithDisney (DMIL)
jkovic (DH)
Crazy Momma
gassmandy (maybe depending on day)
Lampskies (DW maybe, I couldn't find the post)

gassmandy
11-18-2003, 04:28 PM
I'll definitely go if it's on Monday!!!

izzinmac
11-18-2003, 04:51 PM
There are two, maybe, four, from the Izzinmac group that are planning on wine tasting This is in addition to Gassmandy

DisneyGirlTinkerbell
11-18-2003, 05:30 PM
I'm "in" for the wine tasting. Setting up spa time for Monday too. Hope there's no conflict.

DisneyGirlTinkerbell
11-18-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by izzinmac
Went back to page 40 and so far the following groups have said they will be at the Dismeet on Deck 10. Anyone else???????

Izzinmac
JKovick
Gassmandy
DisneyGator01
FavoriteAuntie
Lampskies
Bfftsiu
CrazyMomma
MickeysWife
TChrist05
NJCruisers

Did I miss anyone???

Almost down to single digits!!!!!!!

I think you need to go back further....seems like quite a few are missing from this list. Add me to the list, w/ DSs age 10 & 16. They are looking forward to meeting other kids before the Lab and the Stack "officially" open.

BTW-I finally got pics posted on yahoogroups.

wile13
11-18-2003, 05:56 PM
Myself & Wife Robin and Dominick 2 years old and Jeremy 6 years old will be there.

Thanks,

Eric
:earseek:

TChrist05
11-18-2003, 06:54 PM
Guys....could you tell me something about the High Tea....my DW wants to go and I know nothing about it....when do they have it and do you make special reservations for it? What do they serve?
Thanks...
Tom

izzinmac
11-18-2003, 08:27 PM
Tom
We have never been to High Tea, and probably never will. It is at 3:30pm on each day at sea in Palo. It is free, but you must have reservations, which you make upon boarding along with other Palo reservations (Brunch, Dinner) Everything I have read says these are the hardest reservations to get - very limited in numbers. Lots of people who want them don't get them.

Barb from www.***************** loves High Tea and has a copy of the menu and pictures of the food on the Food and Drink portion of her website. I think she talks about it in several of her trip reports on her site. I would go there and get the scoop from someone who has done it several times on one of her 30+ cruises,

Bob

DisneyGator01
11-18-2003, 08:29 PM
Tchrist05,

High tea is free, but you have to make ressie's for it, and from what I have read on the boards they go very very fast. I believe they have scones, pastries, finger sandwiches, etc a long with specialty teas. I am going to try to get ressie's for it. It's a cool way to experience palo without having to miss a dinner rotation. I am going to try to do high tea and brunch at palo, and skip dinner there.

Can't believe Tommorrow means SINGLE DIDGITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:bounce: :hyper: :bounce: :hyper: :bounce:

LAMPSKIES
11-18-2003, 09:59 PM
I'm in for the "high wine tasting" Monday of course. I'm sure Dw Kim will tag along. By then she will be "loose enough" to be social. She doesn't travel well. By then she will know what she forgot and have figured out what she doesn't need. That will be day 5 on vaca.
Don't forget 'bout us at "sailaway". Hey Bob, you know you keep that "I'm just going to leve to shrimp shells" stuff up.......I just remembered.......Aren't we rooming next to each other???? That means lifeboat drills together....doesn't it??? LOL

izzinmac
11-19-2003, 08:10 AM
Ron,
Yaa...well see you at the lifeboats. We have rooms 6610, 6616, and 6618 near you. Your next door neighbors,are my daughter,SIL, my 2year old grandson, and 8 month old grandaughter. You can meet the two year old at the safety drill and decide right then if you want to jump overboard or wait until 3am the first night!

The good thing about jumping overboard right away is you'll already have your lifevest on. And we can toss you a couple of beers! Bad thing is everone will see you and you may get drug back on the ship, and still have to face him!!!

DisneyGator01
11-19-2003, 09:56 AM
:Pinkbounc SINGLE DIDGITS DANCE:bounce:

Can you believe it?:hyper:

If anyone is coming to WDW before or after, be sure you checkout some of the Mickey Statues! They are pretty cool :smooth: .

Happy Birthday Mickey! See you in 9 days!

LAMPSKIES
11-19-2003, 10:29 AM
Bob, at 3a.m. I hear nothing!!! The only time you may see me jumping off the boat could be Friday as the ship sail away from Castaway Cay.

7 days left!!!! :bounce: :tongue: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: !!!!!!!!!! It has to get here quick!!!!!!!!I ssooooooooooo need a break!!!! My patience is running REALLY thin.:smooth:

LAMPSKIES
11-19-2003, 12:01 PM
It started this morning......................I'm just sitting drinking my coffee watching the local news and it started......"So, how many suitcases do we have and who gets which ones?"

LAMPSKIES
11-19-2003, 01:12 PM
I saw this in another post............these are the movies showing on the Dec. 6 sailing.........I'm assiming that they are the same for us.................The movies will be as follows:
Haunted Mansion
Brother Bear
Pirates of Carribean
Finding Nemo
Lizzie McGuire
Freaky Friday
Spy Kids 3D
Chicago
Under the Tuscan Sun
Cold Creek Manor

Crazy Momma
11-19-2003, 01:23 PM
I feel like the "Little Train that Could" I think I can, I think I can.

I have two more days at work. I think I can, I think I can.

I'm doing the Disney Happy Dance.

Susan

CruiserDew73
11-19-2003, 03:21 PM
Whooo!!! Single digit dance!!!:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

princssdisnygina
11-19-2003, 04:25 PM
Are the days getting longer to anyone else? I feel like I am working 12 hour days and we should be sailing by now!

Crazy Momma
11-19-2003, 04:31 PM
It's 4:30 I'm leaving work for the day. I have two more days to go it's tough. I told my boss if I wasn't going to be out for 2 weeks I would call in sick on Friday.

I'm the little train that could.... I think I can I can...

susan

NJ Cruisers
11-19-2003, 08:48 PM
If you are in Category 11 you should check with your travel agent about the rate reduction. On Monday Disney reduced the Cat 11 rate of our cruise to $629. There's also a reduction on the kid's rate. I called AAA today and we're getting $410 back. Now I'm glad we didn't get an upgrade - who needs light anyway.

I'm not sure if there are any reductions for other categories. I think some travel agents give the discount automatically for Cat 11's, but in our case, nothing would have happened if I didn't call her.

So ... all my time on this board paid off in real money. Think of all the umbrella drinks and disney stuff I can buy now!!!

See you real soon!!

Diane

izzinmac
11-19-2003, 09:08 PM
Just checked the Accuweather forecast for the port ON 11/29.......MOSTLY SUNNY AND WARM, HIGH OF 81 DEGREES!!!!!!!

I'M READY TO SAIL!!!!!!

LAMPSKIES
11-19-2003, 09:18 PM
Hmmmmmmmm........I booked an 8, used my 50% off for being cancelled last year and was sent a "free upgrade" letter of apology that I used to upgrade to a cat. 6..............IF, I down grade now, to an 11,and IF I take the difference back in cash, then IF I call for an upgrade like I did in Feb of 2000, (they charged me 50.00 per person to go from an 8 to a 6) then IF they give gassmandy my 6608 stateroom 'cause she REALLY wants an upgrade and, it IS next to her Dad, and IF all the 6's are gone (they are)........then they would have to give me a cat. 5....right???? LOL No wonder my head hurts............Congrats NJ Cruisers.....I have the feeling that is the start of a lot of good things to come for all of us.

Too many IF's????? Remember a wise old man once said, "IF frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their butts!!"
(Well, maybe not a wise old man but me)

LAMPSKIES
11-19-2003, 09:28 PM
"Just got back from my daily 4 mile walk at lunch. On the spacecoast it is 83 degrees, sunny, and dry. I'm sticking with my original forecast of 78-79 degrees and sunny on sail day!!!"

Origionally posted by izzinmac.......page 38

TChrist05
11-19-2003, 11:01 PM
HEllo all .....went back to work today after 5 weeks on the shelf from knee surgery....only 9 working days for me.....and then the MAGIC!!!! It seems like we were just in triple digits...so I booked a category 11....they upgraded me to an 8 and I had a one category upgrade which I used.....and there are 2 category 6 cabins left as of 8:00 tonight.....I think I will keep my 7 and be estaticly happy with it......looking forward to deck 10 on sailaway.....but first the shrimp.......
Tom

antidiva
11-19-2003, 11:06 PM
Hi, all!
I, my sweet DH, and our gentle, darling 4-yr-old DS will be with you all in 9 days!
I, and we, would love to join the celebratory cabal you've planned for our departure... I need to go back over this thread (all 47 or so pages!), to get the details, but we don't want to infringe on what seems very familial... do you encourage newcomers...? Keep in mind I have an almost-reluctant spouse in tow! And, BTW, How do you all know about the wine-tasting on Monday? All of my books mention the event, but not the day... maybe my late-night excursions on thew previous pages of this thread will enlighten...! Thanks for all your expertise, and I hope my less-enlightened interloping won't offend... this is our first cruise and our second (port orleans, dec. 2002) disney vacation, ever. I am so very convinced of the wonder of the magic...and I'm not talking simply about names of the ships! Anyone have any advice about how I can sell my reluctant hubby on the fabulous-ness of Disney, once and for all, on this cruise?... I was considering the Surial tratment at the spa... ! Hmmm...
Can't wait to see you all... BTW, we are also staying at the Radisson on friday...

TChrist05
11-19-2003, 11:16 PM
Antidiva....welcome to the thread and welcome aboard the cruise....you got that right....the wonder of the magic......and you will not have to do much to convince your hubby....the way you are treated so special....the great meals.....service....shows.....rest and relaxation.....the holiday decorations....it all plays into it...he should love it....and please do join us...it is for everyone.....so come on everyone....welcome them aboard......Looking forward to meeting you....
Tom

LAMPSKIES
11-19-2003, 11:33 PM
antidiva....first of all, welcome.........secondly good luck on reading all 46 or 47 pages, (by the time you are done)..........thirdly...WHERE ARE YOU FROM?????? Forthly.............if you want to be accepted.....hmmmmmmm let me think?!?!?!? Since you are going to read all 600 and something posts, your job (since you haven't been around) is to count individual posts. Izzinmac counts people, gassmandy bumps us to the top.....well you get the hint.....Me, well I like the title of "the class clown". So I was going to go to the first post and see how many each of us did(post)...........How 'bout you??

antidiva
11-19-2003, 11:34 PM
Thanks, Tom! I do feel so welcome on this thread... everyone seems so helpful and enthusiastic! I can't wait to meet you alL!... we also booked a cat.11, and were upgratded (joyously!) to an 8!! Can we still get the rebate...? It would help tremendously... we're in the arts/academia... enough said...! You'll (we'll!) meet where on deck 10? Will you all be wearing red roses on your lapels and/or hair? Can't wait...!!!!!!

LAMPSKIES
11-19-2003, 11:37 PM
antidiva....................deck 10 starboard side.........me an ESPN mug in hand, and all others with "a big hand" in hand. You'll see as you read.........

LAMPSKIES
11-19-2003, 11:40 PM
OOppssss....forgot, TChrist05 will have that black clowd we are trying to remove over his head.........and maybe walking the plank........antidiva.read, read, read.:confused:

princssdisnygina
11-20-2003, 07:55 AM
welcome antidiva! The time is drawing near! First thanksgiving turkey then Disney Magic!

I have a cat 11, I have a call into my TA. I hope she tells me we are getting some money back. That would be great!

gassmandy
11-20-2003, 09:39 AM
Y'all know why they've reduced the price on the cat. 11's, don't you????? Because they need to fill the ship.......bumping others up after booking newcomers in the reduced 11's.......I'm in a 10--and Shawn wants to stay there(probably so he can sleep in--i.e. no light) and could use some bumping up to a higher cat!!!!!!!! Yes--Ron--I'll take your room if you get a 5!!!LOL!
Welcome antidiva!!!!!! Have fun reading!!!!:wave:

jkovick
11-20-2003, 11:02 AM
NJ Cruisers- Thanks for the heads up on the rate reduction! We are getting $356 back, how great is that! All the more $$ to spend on the trip. Thanks Again!!

Crazy Momma
11-20-2003, 11:48 AM
I called Dreams this morning to check to see if we were lucky enough to get a refund. NOT :( I thought it was worth a shot. You never know when Disney may toss a little magic our way.

Susan

Mickeyswife
11-20-2003, 12:57 PM
NJCRUISER, thank you so much for the heads up on the reduction. I called Costco Travel who then called DCL and YAHOO! Cabin 5639 gets over a $300 credit. They didn't know the exact amount since Costco has already received the commission, but she assured me the total would be over$300. Thanks again. May we buy you a drink?

Also, my DMIL would like to do the wine tasting with everyone. Does she need to sign up herself or is someone making all the reservations for the group? SEE YA REAL SOON, Nancy

Crazy Momma
11-20-2003, 01:04 PM
You are so.... lucky. In regards to the wine tasting you will need to sign up at guest services. The cost is $12.00. It will be either Sunday or Monday. I'm guessng Monday since the Football games will be on. We have a nice size group attending.

Susan

Mickeyswife
11-20-2003, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the info Susan. I am sorry you didn't get a reduction. The other cabin in our group didn't get one either. But aren't we still happy we get to go CRUISIN'. YA!!!!! Nancy

izzinmac
11-20-2003, 01:31 PM
Welcome Antidiva,

Glad you were able to find us. MOST of us appear to be normal. At least I know I am!!!

(sssshhh....were not real sure about Lampskies!!!)

LostBoyinVA
11-20-2003, 01:37 PM
Crazy Momma failed to mention that she didn't get a price reductions because she isn't in a Cat 11. (This is her husband) I made the mistake of letting her book us on a Cat 6 for the four day a few years ago and now she won't give up her Veranda. I guess we could hope for an upgrade, but certainly not a price reduction since I know someone on here mentioned Cat 6 is full or almost full. Its always nice to try though, and If someone wants to throw some pixie dust our way I'd certainly settle for an upgrade to Cat 3 instead. :)

Crazy Momma
11-20-2003, 01:58 PM
Hey LostBoyinVA

Your loving and thoughtful wife deserves a cat 6 so, it's never mistake. You come home every night to a nice home cooked meal.
Instead to throwing pixie dust your way. How about throwing some cash Disneys way, I bet you could get a Cat. 3 and wouldn't have to worry about an upgrade.

Gee, I wish I had thought about a Cat 3 when I made our reservations. Maybe next year.......

Signed,

Your Loving Wife

izzinmac
11-20-2003, 01:58 PM
Ron,
All your talk about beer and crawling worried me, so I did a BS(Beer Source) analysis....I have some good news for you!!!

A few facts -
the Magic is 964 feet long
About 800 feet of that is open to cruisers
Most activity occurs on deck Decks 10 & 11) or in the entertainment area (Decks 3 & 4)

Analysis-
On Decks 10 & 11, BS is available at Signals, Outlook, Pinocchios, and Plutos

On Decks 3 & 4, BS is available at Preludes, Studio Sea, Sessions, Diversions, RockinBarD, and Promenade Lounge.

Assuming most of our travel is fore and aft, I have disregarding any side to side travel, including chronic staggering. Based on this info, on decks 10 & 11, BS are an average of 200 feet apart. Therefore you should never have to crawl more than 100 feet for a refill!!!

Decks 3 & 4 are even better!!! BS are only an average of 133 feet apart. Crawling is limited to a max of 67 feet. Even I could do that!!!

One word of warning - Beware of the outside doors on Deck 4. If in your stupor you accidently crawl through one of those doors, you could find yourself lost on the Promonade! Out there you could do endless 1/4 mile crawls and never find BS!! Go back inside immediately!!! And whatever you do out there, DO NOT assume those nozzles you see hanging on the walls are BS....they are Fire Hoses!!!!

Hope this helps

Crazy Momma
11-20-2003, 02:08 PM
Thanks izzinmac

I needed a laugh to help get through the day.!!!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

LostBoyinVA
11-20-2003, 02:14 PM
Ok let's do a little quick Disney math. The DW works 60 miles away from home in Washington DC. The DH (me) works 10 miles from home. If the DW and the DH both leave work at 4:30PM. Who will be making the hot meals in this Disney household? :confused:

However, it has been 10 wonderful years (this is our 10 year annivesary cruise 1 week early:bride: :groom: ) and you are the mother of our wonderful DS. Yes you do deserve a Cat 6.:love2:

princssdisnygina
11-20-2003, 02:42 PM
I AM GETTING A RATE REDUCTION TOO! Both myself and the parents are! We are getting back $350 each! I am SOOOO excited! Thank you to making us aware of this because otherwise I wouldn't have called my TA! So, I got this cruise for $700/each (including taxes and everything)!!! Although, they did say it could take up to 2 months for the refund! WHO CARES!! WOO HOO!!!!
I am DEFINITELY dancing now!

DisneyGator01
11-20-2003, 02:53 PM
:jumping1: :jumping1:
8 days dance!!!!
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

DisneyGator01
11-20-2003, 08:19 PM
It seems like every other person at work is getting the cold/flu..

NOT ME... I am starting the "I WILL NOT GET SICK BEFORE MY CRUISE" Defensive...

OJ, OJ, and more OJ to drink.. Vitamins, lots of vitamin C, Lysol spray on everything... clorox wipes on everything, purell every other second, washing my hands every other second...lots of rest for my immune system...

I will not get a cold!!! No germs will get past my antibacterial/viral barriers!!

CruiserDew73
11-21-2003, 06:48 AM
One week left till we leave!!

Favorite Auntie
11-21-2003, 06:48 AM
DisneyGator1,
I am downing the vitamin c too! I refuse to get sick. I have been on two 7 day cruises, and was sick for each one! NOT THIS TIME! I refuse.

Are we doing the first wine tasting? So if it is offered on Sunday that will be the one, otherwise Monday?

8 MORE DAYS! I can't believe it is almost here!!!

Joanne

princssdisnygina
11-21-2003, 08:24 AM
A WEEK FROM TOMORROW!

:wave2: :wave: :Pinkbounc :hyper: :wave2: :wave: :bounce:

TCROMW1013
11-21-2003, 09:37 AM
Right now, at this time next week we will be landing in sunny Florida. So far our swimsuits are packed.

Hopefully I can make better headway this weekend.

princssdisnygina
11-21-2003, 10:03 AM
I am going to start packing this weekend! YEAH!

WE'RE DANCING!

:cool1: :jumping3: :jumping1: :rotfl:

We're on the move!

:moped: :boat: :wave2:

jkovick
11-21-2003, 10:46 AM
One week from today DH & I will be at the MK!!!!!!!
:jumping1:

LAMPSKIES
11-21-2003, 10:50 AM
izzinmac...........Are you ready for a funny "true story"??? Altough a beer drinker very seldome do I "get drunk". Maybe after a few of those "foofy" drinks around the pool I'll get a little tipsy.......but reading about that 964 foot long "hallway" brings back memories.......So we finally get on the Dec. 1 Wonder after being cancelled for our Magic Nov. 30 sailing (on Wed the 27th) the nigh before we we to fly out. So after going round and round with DCL Wed. night re-booking for three days prior and two days after the replaced Dec. 1 Wonder sailing......having three days at WDW where our hoppers and hotel rooms weren't ready anyways, you get the idea. Once on the ship I WAS READY. After dinner (late seating) I headed to deck 10 foreward and had a few "cold ones" while DD's and DW went to bed. Well at about 1:30 I decide to head back to the room.........down the elevator to the port side and started to head aft. Do you remember Willie Wanka and the Chocolate Factory when they walk in the room and as they go foreward it gets smaller and smaller? that's what that 964 foot long hall looked like!!!!!!!!!! YES, Bob I did make it to the room took of my glasses and put them on the table next to the bed (as I always do) and went to sleep. Well, I, the first one up (as always) was looking foreward to going back to beck 10 grabbing a coffe and watch the ship dock!!!!! Where is my glasses??? SShhhhhhh be quiet, don't wake anyone up. I look on the table, next to the table, on the floor, then on the dresser.....I can't find them. DW Kim rolls over and says "what are you making all that noise for?" I say "I can't find my glasses!" She says "look under the bed so I take my arm and gently feel under the bed. "What is this???? A bra!!!!!!!!!!! And it's not DW's!!!!!!! OOpppsssss. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! My first night at sea!!!!!!!!!!1

DisneyGator01
11-21-2003, 10:53 AM
A just think you are going to have 7 whole days to get into mischief!!:teeth:

:jumping2: :jumping1: :jumping2: :jumping1:

LAMPSKIES
11-21-2003, 11:07 AM
Just got my last paycheck before we sail!!!!!!!1:bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: more days before we will be in WDW!!!!!!!!!! Exactly 120 more hours our plane will be touching down in Orlando!!!!!!!

gassmandy
11-21-2003, 12:18 PM
Getting Shawn's sports coat and slacks (among other things) sent out to be dry cleaned today. Washed all of Addison's clothes--ironed the ones that needed it. Packed our smallest suitcase w/ her diapers, wipes, little swimmers, and now just need some formula. Her other suitcase is empty and ready for her clothes..............and then w/ the 2 largest suitcases--hopefully can get Shawn's and my clothes/shoes/etc. Also have the hanging garmet bag for the nicer clothes. That better be enough space for the 3 of us!!!!!! Hope I'm not stressing out at the last minute............trying to stay a little ahead of the game!!!:hyper:

gassmandy
11-21-2003, 12:22 PM
Ron--you're like Shawn--drinks enough but RARELY drunk. He was actually out for a week after hitting his head at work--we think he sustained a mild concussion--nausea, tunnel vision, headaches, dizziness, fatigue, etc. Cat scans were good--but he was so freaked out by the way he was feeling that he stopped his regular beer consumption--hence w/drawal on top of the other symptoms. Anyway--if he decides to stick w/ no drinking--we may be queen and king of the virgin drinks all week.(gotta support him--but if you see a beer in his hand--you know he's decided otherwise!!LOL)

bffttsiu
11-21-2003, 03:42 PM
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. the weather report just said possible SNOW on Monday. Get me out of here and onto the Magic quick!

LAMPSKIES
11-21-2003, 04:11 PM
Looks like sunny and 83 on our arrival in Orlando Thursday morning..............

izzinmac
11-21-2003, 04:56 PM
Hey Ron,
Weather is my job!!! ....Looks like partly sunny and low 80s all next week in Central Florida. I'm sticking with the Izzinmac Super Doppler Eye in the Sky Long Range Forecast of 79 degrees and sunny at Sailaway!!! Next update in 48 hours!!

Ron, Got your PM. We are still looking at TurkeyDay at MGM!!!:sunny: :sunny:

LAMPSKIES
11-21-2003, 06:01 PM
Izzinmac.........we'll be there turkey day!!!!!!! HEY...........has anyone seen or heard from antidiva???? or is she still reading and counting????

degrees and snow for Sunday night and Monday morning here in the Chicago 'burbs.

LAMPSKIES
11-21-2003, 10:23 PM
bump:bounce: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

DisneyGator01
11-21-2003, 10:29 PM
So who is excited?:hyper:

I was just reviewing the menu's for the 100th time.. still can't decide what to get on Tropical Night or It's a Small Word...

Also turn about the Palo buffet... I know it's great, but still haven't decided yet... what's the atmosphere like? is it just good food, or is it special some how?

I am thinking of just doing High Tea, since that is something you don't do every day.. it be a cool experience.

Any imput? who here has done buffet at PAlo before?

NJ Cruisers
11-21-2003, 10:43 PM
Who is excited? ... ME ME ME ME ..... just 2 more work days!!!

We haven't decided about Palo yet either. In the beginning I was sure we were going to do the brunch - crab legs are my favorite. But may not feel like getting dressed up in the middle of the day. If DS4 is content in the club for a few hours we may just want to spend the time relaxing, reading and just enjoying the sun and breezes. But I still have time to change my mind AGAIN.

Diane

DisneyGator01
11-21-2003, 10:52 PM
NJ, that is what I was wondering.. am I going to want to HAVE to get dressed up in the middle of the day, even a day at sea, and have to be somewhere.... I know the food is supposed to be incredible, but I am wondering if it is really special.. or just great food.

I suppose I'll decide on Saturday around 1pm :)

gassmandy
11-22-2003, 06:56 AM
You don't have to get dressed up for brunch like you do for the dinner. My dad--izzi--and my husband Shawn wore khaki pants and a resort casual shirt (i.e. Tommy Bahama like)...............I mean--yes--not what we walked around the ship in--but less dressy than church. I just wore a sundress w/ thong sandals. I believe my sisters had on jeans--I have a pic. of all of us outside afterwards and they're in jeans(and I don't remember them going to the rooms to change). And if they did wear those jeans--we didn't feel uncomfortable at all. Basically I'm saying--do the brunch--it was my favorite--I was amazed at the vast choices of food for a brunch!! And it wasn't the typical stuff. Some was--but it was delicious. Our server was awesome--Maurizio--he kept bringing things to sample that he noticed we hadn't tried yet. I'm doing that for sure and debating on the dinner!!!!!

izzinmac
11-22-2003, 08:33 AM
I second Gassmandy on Brunch!!!

Of the things I rate a "must do!!" Palo Brunch is #1, followed by Rainforest at #2!

DisneyGator01
11-22-2003, 08:44 AM
How long does brunch usually last?

gassmandy
11-22-2003, 09:45 AM
Maybe an hour--hour and a half?? It's more up to your pace than any other meal because it's a buffet type. There are 3 or 4 entrees to choose from but they're making the one you order while you scarf down on the other stuff(or at least I was scarfing!!) Anyway--it was a laid back atmosphere--very experimental too. You get to try a lot of stuff you might never have thought of before. I think we had reservations around 9 or 10?? not sure--anyway--no need for lunch!! And then we had early dinner so those were my 2 meals for the day. Even though the amt. of food probably equalled 10 meals!!
I SAY-------DO IT!!!!!!!

LAMPSKIES
11-22-2003, 10:19 AM
Previously quoted by Gassmandy:Anyway--it was a laid back atmosphere--very experimental too. You get to try a lot of stuff you might never have thought of before. I SAY-------DO IT!!!!!!!

Where is this thread going?? Oh, never mind I may have taken that quote out of context!!! LOL

LAMPSKIES
11-22-2003, 10:25 AM
Hey Amanda.......hope your hubby feels better......You are going to be in competion with DD's Jessica and Alli for those "virgin" daqueries......

Crazy Momma
11-22-2003, 10:54 AM
Well my Christmas tree is done. I'm heading out to Walmart and the dry cleaners for a few last minute items. Matthew and I are going to see the Cat in the Hat today while Gary puts up the Christmas Village. Matthew is going to a sleep over after the movies so, while the house is quite I'm going to start packing.
Gary and I are going to do the brunch at Palo. yummy!!!!

Hey Ron, I'm taking 8 pairs of shoes. What Kim's total???

Later

Susan

LAMPSKIES
11-22-2003, 10:59 AM
Susan...........I'm not worried about Kim.......it's the 11 year old DD Alli (Imelda Morcos) last year she took 13 pairs!!!! Kim is probably at 5 pair and me.......just my deck shoes, aqua socks and nikes. As far as Jessica....who knows we aren't ALLOWED in her room, "you know she will be 14 in March". LOL

CruiserDew73
11-22-2003, 11:12 AM
My brother (1goofypittsburgher) and I made a disney cruise website... it's not nearly done, but we'd really like your input!

Click here to go to our site! (http://www.geocities.com/andy73j/disneycruise.html)

Favorite Auntie
11-22-2003, 11:24 AM
One week from right now we will be waking up to our first morning on the Magic!

I took fewer shoes this time, I think 5 pair. Pretty good for me.

I want to try the Palo brinch this time, I have never done it before. The dinner was great though.

I CAN'T WAIT!!

Joanne

princssdisnygina
11-22-2003, 11:56 AM
Joanne! I think you are a little ahead of yourself! Tomorrow will be one week from our first morning on the ship. We will be getting on the ship one week from today! Hey, I am ready now too! If we could get on friday and just sleep I would be all for it! One week from this moment I will be arriving at port or close to it!

LAMPSKIES
11-22-2003, 12:10 PM
Yep...........in almost exactly 1 week from right now we should be crossing the bridge, on the bus about 10 mins. from port.........(Wondering how many shrimp Bob has left for me.)

holldoll
11-22-2003, 01:01 PM
:earsgirl:

Hi, We just yesterday found that we will be able to go on this cruise (talk about last minute) We have a ds-13 and dd-10.
We went on the western cruise in june and the kids said the only thing they did not like about it was having to leave.
We're trying the cat 11 this time from cat 6 last. Someone here will owe us a smoothie as I'm pretty sure they bumped someone up to open more cat 11's. :wave: See ya soon.

izzinmac
11-22-2003, 01:13 PM
Andrew (CruiserDew73)..

How old are you guys anyway! I checked out your website and it is great...very professional!! I have trouble just getting those little smillies on my posts,,I hate computer people!!!

Welcome holliedoll
We had another new joiner a couple of days ago. Said she was going to read all our posts! Haven't heard from her since.... she's either lost on about page 28, or what she read scared her off.

LAMPSKIES
11-22-2003, 03:08 PM
Bob.............I think she's scared!!!

Holldoll welcome.....hope you got that discounted rate that they started giving last Monday!

50 pages of posts!!!!!!!!!! Who wpold have thunk it when this thread was started. The Magic sails in one hour and fifty minutes then guess what??? Nexy sailing is OURS!!!!!!

gassmandy
11-22-2003, 04:10 PM
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

Momof4princesses
11-22-2003, 04:51 PM
HELLO I AM RACHEL HER DAUGHTER AND MY WHOLE FAMILY OF 16 IS GOING AND WE ARE ALL SO EXCITED AND IT IS GOING TO BE SO FUN!!
tWO MOREE DAYS OF SCHOOL FOR ME AND I WILL PARTY TILL I GO BACK TO SCHOOL ON MONDAY

Crazy Momma
11-22-2003, 11:07 PM
Bump!!

:wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

Crazy Momma
11-23-2003, 08:01 AM
One week from today 7:56 am I will be seating on the veranda having coffee. Yeah!!!

I'm going to pack today, so we can have our bags in the car ready to roll when DS gets home from school tomorrow. We will stop some where in SC tomorrow night.

I don't think we will make it to a park on Tuesday but, MK here we come on Wednesday. We are going to Epcot Wed evening for dinner at Le Cellar. yummy!!! I want to try the ice wine.

Thursday: Turkey Day is up in the air. Our plans fell through. Gary was happy because now we can go to the parks.

We are thinking about MGM for the day. I would like to find some where to go for a nice turkey dinner. (non-Disney)

Bob since this is your neck of the woods do you have any suggestions?

I'm doing the Disney Happy Dance we leave tommorow.

Susan

DisneyGator01
11-23-2003, 09:25 AM
Crazy Momma.. be sure you check out the Mickey Statues.. you can't miss them at the MK, but they are super cool!!

If you come to the studios on Thursday, look me up at the Tower in the afternoon :)

Yippee.. next Sunday we will be at sea!!!!!
:cool1: :jumping3: :cool1: :jumping3: :cool1:

TChrist05
11-23-2003, 10:27 AM
Hello guys....my itinerary for next week...Monday through Friday is to work.....yes, I work in a supermarket and they would not let me ever have this week off...but as jealous of you all that will be in Disney World before the cruise....I will be there is spirit....since we truly love the place also....I have always said....and my wife laughs at me about it is that my worst day in Disney is better than my best day at work....and I am sure many would agree....We are spending the first week with all of you great people and then 5 nights at Old Key West.....we joined the vacation club last May so this will be our first time staying at OKW.....so anyone who has stayed there could let me know how the place is......and yes, next week at this time we will be sitting on our verandah looking at the beautiful blue ocean....
Tom:bounce: ::MinnieMo (DW)::MickeyMo (ME)
:wave2:

TChrist05
11-23-2003, 04:24 PM
HEY....I ALMOST FORGOT...SINCE WE WILL BE LEAVING LAST I WILL HAVE TO WATCH AND TAKE CARE OF OUR THREAD!
TOM:wave2:

izzinmac
11-23-2003, 06:24 PM
Tom
Us locals will be around to help you out. Last one to leave, turn out the lights!
Next stop - THE MAGIC!!!!

Susan,
Not real familiar with what might be available in the disney area for Thanksgiving. Maybe DisneyGator has some ideas. We are going to the park, but when I tried to get ressies for anything in the park, no luck! We will probably just grab a turkey leg and a hot dog or two and save the feasting for 7 delicious days beginning Saturday!!!

lezleyg
11-23-2003, 09:12 PM
Add us to the lists for both the Dismeet and the wine tasting! For the meet, all 8 of us in our group will be there; for the wine it will just be the 4 adults. We can't wait for our first Disney cruise experience (actually our first cruise ever). Woohoo!

Crazy Momma
11-23-2003, 09:40 PM
Yeah!! We are packed and ready to roll. We plan to leave around 4:00 pm after Gary gets home form work and Matthew from school. We will stop in SC for the night.

I can't belive after a year of planning our vaction is here. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone on Saturday.

It looks like we may have around 20 people for the wine tasting. So, all of you wino's make sure you sign up for the wine tasting. I think DCL has the tasting once while we are on the cruise. In case they decide to have it twice pick the 1st tasting. Because of football season I think the tasting will probably be on Monday afternoon. You should check with guest services.

Ron, I think we might do the same thing for dinning at MGM, There's nothing better than a big juicey turkey leg. Since it's Thanksgiving it will taste all the better!! yummy!!!

Shelley,
We will try to stop by on Thursday.

Susan

Crazy Momma
11-23-2003, 09:47 PM
I had a brain freeze. Bob, I called you Ron, I'm Sorry.

I don't know how I made that mistake...
When I think of Bob, I think of:

Turkey Legs... Shrimp.... 22 people in his group. Lives in Florida

When I think of Ron I think of:
Beer.... foofoo drinks... beer....wine....beer.....and more beer....
DW and DD like to shop until they drop.

I think I have it straight now. All this packing has gone to the brain.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Susan

Favorite Auntie
11-24-2003, 06:58 AM
Three more days of work and then I am off! I can't believe it is finally here!:tongue:

princssdisnygina
11-24-2003, 07:31 AM
Can you believe it is almost here? I started packing last night and getting things together! I realize I am going to need another suitcase, isn't that terrrible? :confused: We are going to be gone for 11 days and I was trying to make it all fit in a big one and a small one :earseek: didn't work! I have 3 1/2 days to work and we are off! YEAH! Looks like it is going to be a beautiful week for us!