PDA

View Full Version : GRRR I could ^%(*& someone!!

bcorso
05-15-2003, 07:56 PM
Did anyone else get some "DownloadPlus" browser PITA??? I am not sure if I got it from a rewards site or if it is something my daughter infected my PC with. I am running Ad-Aware now and it said it was a "Possible Browser Hack"

Just venting, but looking for empathy!

Bonnie

Beanie
05-16-2003, 06:55 AM
Sorry that has happened, Bonnie...I use ad aware also and run it constantly now! Seems like every reward site has some sort of spy now:confused:

I hope ad aware takes care of it!

Maleficent2
05-16-2003, 07:05 AM
sorry that happened to you...do you have a firewall?

I was hit the other day while downloading virus definitions 253 times from 3 different locations my Nortons firewall caught them all.

It seems that the internet is becoming laden with hackers trying to steal any info they can and a firewall is now not just an option but a necessity.

Sad state huh?

Hope AdAware takes care of it.

Mal

bcorso
05-16-2003, 11:10 AM
Thank you, guys,
AdAware caught the program, but I still get an error dialog box that the shortcut can't be found.
I have a firewall, but I am wondering if it was something my daughter said OK to allow as she wouldn't know. I HATE when my kids use my pc!

On another note, when I get my laptop, it will only have Win2KServer Professional installed and NO ONE will get into it w/o a password! So no more kids allowed! Sad that I have to do that, but they don't understand my pc is for CttM and NO ONE messes with my baby!

B