PDA

View Full Version : Anyone cruising May 8, 2004 Western?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

nursegardener
05-15-2003, 06:53 PM
Just curious if anyone else is cruising with us (DH and me) on the May 8, 2004 Western. We had booked for this past Jan. but had to cancel, so we are really looking forward to this cruise - even though it is almost a year away!! Seems like time is really passing quickly anyway!!

Does anyone have a non-expensive Cocoa Beach hotel recommendation for the night before - preferably oceanfront??

thanks!!
:D :D :D

aprilgail2
05-15-2003, 07:46 PM
We are on that cruise with you! It is me and my then 4 year old and a friend of mine and her then 14 year old. I know we are driving down and probably will get there a day early and need someplace to stay also!

nursegardener
05-15-2003, 09:55 PM
Great! We are driving down from NC - takes about 10 1/2 hours. Hopefully someone will reply about a good place to stay. My DH and I may go down a couple days earlier just to have some Florida beach time.

ohiominnie
05-19-2003, 08:52 AM
We were just on the Wonder (5/4-8) and booked the May 8th Western for next year while onboard!!!!

We'll get there the night before and stay at the Hampton Inn like we did this last time. It was a nice hotel. Awesome free breakfast in the morning, and close proximity to the beach. The kids loved that! :)

Glad to see there's already others! :)

Mjasp
05-19-2003, 09:28 AM
How much was the Hampton Inn? We stayed Radisson last year, it was $59 per night, but those deals seem to be gone along with the STM rate. It is now $89 a night but breakfast isn't included. So it may be worth staying elsewhere. But...Oh the DIS meet.

Decisions, Decisions. LOL

Joanna

ohiominnie
05-19-2003, 10:37 AM
Don't know what the base rate was at the Hampton, but according to my credit card statement, we were charged $88.11 (that would be after taxes and all that jazz) :) dh is the travel planner in the family....I just pay the bills. :)
Breakfast was well worth it....they had hot and cold selections....let me try to remember....
cereals, instant oatmeal, toaster waffles, bagels, english muffins, doughnuts, pastries, coffee/tea/juice/milk, hard boiled eggs... the spread was incredible, more than enough food, and very quick for a family who didn't want to waste time eating, but rather wanted to get to the port!!!
HTH

aprilgail2
05-19-2003, 03:05 PM
OhioMinnie who is all going with you? I have a then 4 year old girl and a then 14 year old girl in my party!

ohiominnie
05-19-2003, 04:02 PM
That trip will be me, my dh (ohiomickey) and dd (then almost 10) and ds who will be 7. :)

And who knows, we're taking my parents on a 4 day this December....if they LOVE it, they'll probably be booking with us in May. ;)

CSX2
05-20-2003, 04:03 PM
We will be on the May 8, 2004 Western: Myself (43), DW (44), DD (8). We booked this cruise while on board the May 3, 2003 Eastern and got the $200 on board credit. This will make our 4th DCL cruise (Wonder 11/00 and 5/01; Magic 5/03). Will probably add a few WDW days on to the end of the trip – hate to go straight from the ship to the airport!

ohiominnie
05-20-2003, 04:23 PM
CSX,
My dd may be interested in emailing your dd. They'll both be in the 8-9 yr old group and she'd love to have a "friend" on board.
PM me if you (and/or your dd) are interested.

aprilgail2
05-20-2003, 05:15 PM
There are other people booked on the same cruise we are....see.... http://www.casshew.com/cruisebydate.htm

OurDogCisco
05-20-2003, 06:08 PM
Me, me, me!!! I am going with my family dh and two dds (3 years old and 6 1/2 years old). Plus, I talked dh's aunt's family in going too. They have a dd that is 11 years old. I can't wait..... I'd love to meet everyone too...

Tina

aprilgail2
05-20-2003, 06:31 PM
Tina is your daughter 3 now or will she be 3 when you cruise? My daughter is 3 now and will be 4 when we cruise....

CSX2
05-21-2003, 09:44 AM
Ohiominnie,

I have no idea how to PM somebody. Sorry, my computer knowledge does not extend much beyond MS Office and basic surfing. My DD (7 now; 8 in Feb) is a 1st grader and has not really discovered email yet but is rapidly improving her reading and writing skills. An email pal might be a good idea and she does have an AOL account.

If you PM me will I get some kind of notification?

We have barely finished unpacking from our recent cruise and we are already planning and counting down to the next one!

OurDogCisco
05-21-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by aprilgail2
Tina is your daughter 3 now or will she be 3 when you cruise? My daughter is 3 now and will be 4 when we cruise....

Actually, she turns two on thursday but will be almost 3 on the cruise. Bummer! But I think they would be in the same age group but your dd would be more mature than my definitely. I hope, my dd like the clubs enough for dinner, brunch and high tea at Palo. Other than that I can take her on all the tours, etc...

Tina

ohiominnie
05-21-2003, 11:12 AM
CSX,
I'll PM you. Hopefully your account is set up so it bleeps you a message. :) If not, go to "The DIS Discussion Forums" at the top of this page. Then click "User CP" From that page you should be able to access PM's.
If you have trouble, post here and we'll figure out another way. :)

DreaminDisney
07-18-2003, 06:57 PM
We'll be on this cruise too! DH, myself, DS who will be 7 (when we cruise) DD will be 4 when we cruise:)

We're staying at the Radisson the night before:)

aprilgail2
07-18-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by DreaminDisney
We'll be on this cruise too! DH, myself, DS who will be 7 (when we cruise) DD will be 4 when we cruise:)

We're staying at the Radisson the night before:)

That is where I think we are going to stay too, I hope to meet you at the hotel and let my then 4 year old daughter meet yours so maybe she won't be so scared going into the club if she knows someone else there!

OurDogCisco
07-18-2003, 11:24 PM
DreaminDisney glad you decided to come on our cruise! I'll be going with my dh, dd6, dd3 and dh's aunt's family including dh and dd11 and Grandma/sister. I think, we are going to stay at the Hyatt though because our flight doesn't get in until midnight. So, hopefully, I'll meet you on the boat.

DreaminDisney
07-25-2003, 09:47 PM
Bumping up for Ismac.....

lsmac
07-26-2003, 09:25 AM
We are cruisin on this cruise also! Will be myself, dh and ds (who will be 14 at cruise time). We are also thinking of doing the vow renewal as we are sailing for our anniverary. We stayed at the Radisson in December when we cruised and I was NOT impressed (very dirty and disorganized) so I am looking for a place to stay night prior as well. Has anyone ever looked into the Holiday Inn Express? It is down the street from the Radisson (across from Ron Jon's?) and offers a full breakfast as well. I figure, if Avis is moving their spot anyway, why bother with the Radisson?:)

Hope we can get a Dis meet together for this cruise, our December was great!

Lisa

aprilgail2
07-26-2003, 02:06 PM
Ismac, I was going to stay at the Raddison but after reading another thread on it I may have changed my mind!
I will have my 14 year old god daughter with me on the cruise and my 4 year old daughter.

tpseller
07-26-2003, 02:35 PM
This will be our second cruise. We were on the May 4th Wonder this year.

We will have my DH, DD (she will be almost 6 then) my parents and my husband's parents.

Hey "OurDogCisco" I see we both have a DD6 and we are both from California!

Not sure when we are getting in yet. I am sure it will be the night before, but not sure where we will stay.

Hope to meet you all on the boat!

OurDogCisco
07-26-2003, 03:21 PM
How exciting our list is growing. Well, now my aunt and uncle are coming too along with their dd11.

tpseller-- hopefully our dds will meet on the cruise!

Tina

deebs
07-26-2003, 09:22 PM
We'll be on board! My husband (38), myself (34) and two kids (3 onboard and 7 months)...! It's our second ... can't wait!

ohiominnie
11-01-2003, 09:57 AM
Hey all!

Last post was in JULY? We must have been at the bottom of page 50! Luckily, search is working this morning!!

Moderators....can you please move us to the cruise meets board?

Thx!

OurDogCisco
11-01-2003, 01:54 PM
This so exciting! We're in the 100s.... Yipee....

Tina

aprilgail2
11-01-2003, 04:51 PM
It seems like yesterday we were still in the 300's!! I can't wait to go!! I am SO hoping my god daughter has a good time and meets some kids to hang out with (she will be a week shy of 15 when we go). I am going to order my Dis tshirt to wear on boarding day soon and I have my lime green Mickeys all ready!!!

bface
11-02-2003, 07:24 PM
We are going too!!! My husband and I will be on our first cruise. I've been spending DAYS reading these boards and we are really getting excited. From everyone's comments and enthusiasm, I can't believe we waited so long to cruise (we've been married 31 years). We just haven't been willing to not go to WDW on our vacation....
:earsgirl: :earsboy:

aprilgail2
11-02-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by bface
We are going too!!! My husband and I will be on our first cruise. I've been spending DAYS reading these boards and we are really getting excited.

I hope we can arrange a Dis-meet while we are all onboard!!

aprilgail2
11-10-2003, 12:47 PM
We ended up booking at the Radisson, previous cruisers have all had positive things to say about it recently so we will give it a shot...its nice and close and has a early shuttle and we are only there for one night so how bad could it be....I hope others are staying there prior to the cruise so we can meet up with them!
Where has everyone else decided to stay??

tpseller
11-10-2003, 10:42 PM
I think we are going to stay at the Raddisson too.

I haven't booked yet though. What rate did you get, aprilgail2?
I need to look into getting a room there soon.

We are getting there on the 6th - so we will have one whole day there prior to sailing.

I hope we can all meet on board or at the raddisson - that would be fun!

OurDogCisco
11-11-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by tpseller

We are getting there on the 6th - so we will have one whole day there prior to sailing.

Hi tpseller,

We booked at the Hyatt because our flight now gets in at 1 am and I don't want to spend another hour on road. So hopefully we'll meet on the cruise. My dd keeps talking about spending all her time at the club or on the mickey slide. I can't wait.

Tina

aprilgail2
11-12-2003, 08:34 PM

We didn't get a suite, just a regular room with 2 beds for 89.00....I figrue by the time we get there, all we are going to do is maybe go for a swim and then go to sleep so why spend the extra money for a suite...

aprilgail2
11-30-2003, 06:16 PM
159 days to go!!!!

aprilgail2
12-15-2003, 05:09 AM
bumping up for Leahpie

ohiominnie
12-17-2003, 05:31 PM
Ok guys, I'm here. The recent cruise/WDW trip is now behind us and I can focus on the next trip. I'll have to go back and read all of the replies so I don't miss anything! :)

Do we have plans for a DIS meet yet?

aprilgail2
12-17-2003, 09:23 PM
No plans yet! I keep bumping this thread up hoping someone will start posting!

DisneyForLife
12-24-2003, 12:21 PM
Hi, we'll be there. Four adults and an 8 year old girl.

My second time, going with a family on their first cruise.
Boy are they in for a treat.

A little over four months, can't wait.
We have reservations at the Radisson the night before and would be very interested in a Dis meet. :wave:

Now that I have found this post I won't let it out of my sight.

aprilgail2
12-25-2003, 10:28 AM
What time is everyone who is staying at the Radisson going to be arriving there? We don't have our plane reservations yet since Jet Blue is only booking until pPril right now but I think we will be getting in early evening. My 14 year old god daughter is going to be going to school in the morning then getting signed out really early so it doesn't count as a day absent since she is already going to miss the whole next week!

DisneyForLife
12-27-2003, 05:01 AM
We have no flights booked yet either. We are also waiting for dates to open up on either Jetblue or Southwest.
But we are hoping to get there by at least dinner, there are a few of us working half days.

aprilgail2
12-27-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by DisneyForLife
We have no flights booked yet either. We are also waiting for dates to open up on either Jetblue or Southwest.
But we are hoping to get there by at least dinner, there are a few of us working half days.

We were going to go southwest but when I called to book it they told us that there was no guarantee that you would be sitting with the rest of your party, they said I would "probably" be able to sit with my 4 year old (PROBABLY???) but that my friend might not be sitting with her 14 year old .....now the 14 year old is worse with flying than my 4 year old and she certainly would need to be sitting by her mom!

DisneyForLife
12-28-2003, 07:30 AM
Aprilgail2, thank you for that info.
We usually go Delta so have never had that problem.
I will not use Southwest if we can't sit together. Not only does the 8 year old have to be with her Mom but I am not to keen on flying so I need my support. HaHa

The flight you were looking at must have been almost booked. I keep checking the Southwest site and they are only booking up to May 8th. Are they taking ressies further out on the phone?

Thank You

aprilgail2
12-28-2003, 10:45 PM
Aprilgail2, thank you for that info.
We usually go Delta so have never had that problem.
I will not use Southwest if we can't sit together. Not only does the 8 year old have to be with her Mom but I am not to keen on flying so I need my support. HaHa

The flight you were looking at must have been almost booked. I keep checking the Southwest site and they are only booking up to May 8th. Are they taking ressies further out on the phone?

Thank You

No, they are not booking for May yet, I had called them on the phone to try to book but they told me they weren't booking for May yet and then they told me their seating policy. I went to their website and was reading some things about how if you are more than 30 pounds overweight you will be asked to purchase 2 seats....

OurDogCisco
12-29-2003, 02:45 PM
I can't wait until the cruise. I am so excited! I even started exercising today so, I'll look fit for the cruise.

I know, this is kinda off topic but Does anyone know if Southwest is offering the internet rate both ways? I was looking at their site today to book a flight to Norfolk VA and it said that I could only book the internet rate one way and the other way I had to use the Fun Fare rate or full rate. It didn't seem like much of deal that way. Maybe I am just missing the boat somewhere. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tina

DisneyForLife
01-02-2004, 09:37 AM
Tina, I find the same thing when I go to their site. It seems like you can never get the same cheap rate. I figure either they really are booked or it is just a way to get us to pay more.
I am just going to keep watching and hopefully something will come up that isn't too bad pricewise. I need 5 flights.

DisneyForLife
01-02-2004, 09:42 AM
WOW, 5 flights, I didn't think it would take that long to get to Florida from Ma.

I, of course meant to write 5 seats.

OurDogCisco
01-02-2004, 10:45 AM
Thanks! I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. I just booked with USAir To Dulles instead because it was way cheaper and I get to watch a movie and eat wonderful airline food (ha-ha).... SWA doesn't offer that.

I got lucky last May I got a great deal on a flight to Orlando from CA for $200 a person. I was so excited to get that deal. Good Luck with yours.

Tina

DisneyForLife
01-15-2004, 11:16 AM
Hi all, I finally booked our flights. I got non-stop Boston to Orlando for 160.00. I have found cheaper flights before but with no flexibility on the days I needed I got a great deal.
We will not be getting to the Radisson until about 7:30 pm.
Plenty of time for a Dis Meet I hope. :teeth:

tpseller
01-15-2004, 02:24 PM
Hi Everyone!!!

I am getting excited now! I am trying to book some shore excursions on my own, that is taking some research.

We had a reservation at the Radisson, but I saw that someone else got a room at the Doubletree in Cocoa Beach for $39 from priceline! I read the review on Dave's tribute site and it says the pool is small but it is right on the beach. He also said that some people say that it is the nicest resort in Cocoa Beach.

So I have never done Priceline before (and it was a little scary) but I did it and we got three rooms for $39! WOO HOO

So if you guys are going to have a dismeet on the ship we would love to be there!

aprilgail2
01-15-2004, 09:55 PM
Hi all, I finally booked our flights. I got non-stop Boston to Orlando for 160.00. I have found cheaper flights before but with no flexibility on the days I needed I got a great deal.
We will not be getting to the Radisson until about 7:30 pm.
Plenty of time for a Dis Meet I hope. :teeth:

Our plane doesn't land until 445 so by the time we pick up the luggage, rental car and drive to the hotel we won't be getting there much earlier than you! We are going to leave our car at the hotel so once we get off the ship we can just hop a cab back to get it and head right off to DIsney for 2 days. We booked a late flight home Sunday night (7pm) so we can spend Saturday at Magic Kingdom and Sunday at Animal Kingdom!

aprilgail2
01-15-2004, 09:58 PM
Hi Everyone!!!

I am getting excited now! I am trying to book some shore excursions on my own, that is taking some research.

Which ones are you going to book? We are going to do the Stingray one but I am not sure who we are using yet...I guess I should get to work on that! I don't want to do the Disney one though since my 4 year old can't go if we book through Disney, if I do it myself she can come..even if she doesn't get off the boat at least she will be able to go watch and the 14 year old who won't go in either will watch her on the boat....she says she is going in but I am not sure if I will be able to hold her and keep her head above the water, have to wait and see when we get out there.

tpseller
01-16-2004, 03:04 AM
We are going to rent a private boat for 1/2 day to go to Stingray City and snorkel at a couple of other sites.

I have heard good things about Captain Marvins. Check them out!

My husband and I are also certified divers, so we are trying to set up a couple of dives when we get to Cozumel.

aprilgail2
01-18-2004, 05:30 PM
I just booked Capt. Marvins for the 2 1/2 hour stingray feeding and snorkling the reef...they had a longer one but I will have a 4 year old with me and I don't know how she would make half day on a small boat. She is really excited about being swarmed by stingrays while she is in my arms but she is to young to snorkle so she will just be hanging out on the boat with the 14 year old while we do that. I think I finished booking everything now, the precruise hotel, the airfare, rental car, after cruise hotel, Capt Marvins...I think on Cozumel we are going to go over to Mr Snachos for awhile instead of doing any excursions there....now I just have to find something in Key West to do, I was thinking of the trolly tour. I am happy I am renting a car now, we are going to leave it at the Raddison while we are on the cruise but at least I can leave my daughters car seat in there and not have to store it in our stateroom now. I do still have to order one thing, a nice basket from Shirley for my daughter for when she walks into the stateroom!

DisneyForLife
01-18-2004, 09:52 PM
I suppose I should start thinking about excursions now also.

I know that two of the people going with me want to do the Dophin Swim but their daughter will only be 7 and you have to be 8. They don't want to do it without her.

I am considering Mr Sanchos also, it sounds like fun. Of course I will be doing a bit of shopping at each port. That is a given.

Swimming with the stingrays sounds exciting but I am not sailing with my husband and I know he wants to do that so I will wait to go with him another time.

We're getting closer and closer to May. Yeaaaaaaaa!!!!!

PoohFan2004
01-21-2004, 09:00 PM
Hi! We just booked our cruise a couple weeks ago and are really looking forward to it. My husband and I will be on our second cruise (first Disney cruise) and our kids (DS5 and DD5) will be on their first cruise.

Since we booked so late, they only had late seating available for dinner. We are on the waitlist for early seating, but I am starting to think that late seating might be ok. I read some posts about having more time in port and being able to see the sunset if you have late seating. I'm not sure if our kids will be more interested in eating with us, going to the shows or spending time in the kids club. Are there any others with young kids who are going to be at the late dinner seating? Any advice for me?

OurDogCisco
01-21-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by PoohFan2004
Hi! We just booked our cruise a couple weeks ago and are really looking forward to it. My husband and I will be on our second cruise (first Disney cruise) and our kids (DS5 and DD5) will be on their first cruise.

Since we booked so late, they only had late seating available for dinner. We are on the waitlist for early seating, but I am starting to think that late seating might be ok. I read some posts about having more time in port and being able to see the sunset if you have late seating. I'm not sure if our kids will be more interested in eating with us, going to the shows or spending time in the kids club. Are there any others with young kids who are going to be at the late dinner seating? Any advice for me?

Welcome Poohfan2004, you're kids are gonna love the cruise. We did our first cruise in 2001 with our dd4 and dd1 and had late seating. We had no problems with it because for one we ate all day (so I guess we are pigs) So, I doubt we'd been hungry for the early seating. Second, we live in CA so, 8 pm was really 5 pm to us so, it really didn't matter. And, for the reason you stated we didn't feel rush to get ready for dinner at the earlier seating. My kids did use the club and flounders during dinner. I am a SAHM so, dinner alone with dh was a treat for me. We usually spent the entire day together as a family and then, dh and I had a date in the evening to enjoy the shows and dinner and roaming around the ship. Last but not least my kids are late risers in the morning so, the late seating really didn't bother them sleep wise. On vacation they tend to stay up late which helps on the long plane ride home because they basically sleep the whole way home. Hopefully we'll meet at a dis meet.

Tina

Leahpie
01-22-2004, 12:16 PM
Hi there,

We also have late seating and our kids are 8 and 10. We are on a waiting list for early seating. My only reservation about late seating is feeling too full to sleep. I will have to feed my kids something between 5 and 6 to tide them over till dinner as my son will get a migraine if he waits too long to eat.

I hadn't thought about not having to rush back for early seating and seeing the sunsets, so hopefully this will be a good thing for us.

Leahpie

aprilgail2
01-22-2004, 09:57 PM
I liked the early seating last cruise....one day we were busy and didn't go to the dinner but had room service later in the evening....the late seating would be to late for my 4 year old to eat....she stays up that late but if she didn't eat until that late she would be a monster...I want to have dinner with her and for us to have fun at dinner so I wold like her to be nice and awake and pleasant and i know bthat wouldn't be the case if we had late seating.

OurDogCisco
01-23-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Leahpie
Hi there,

We also have late seating and our kids are 8 and 10. We are on a waiting list for early seating. My only reservation about late seating is feeling too full to sleep. I will have to feed my kids something between 5 and 6 to tide them over till dinner as my son will get a migraine if he waits too long to eat.

I hadn't thought about not having to rush back for early seating and seeing the sunsets, so hopefully this will be a good thing for us.

Leahpie

If you have problems sleeping on a full stomach then definitely try to switch to the earlier seating. I was trying to point out the positives of late seating since, there is a possibility you might not get the earlier seating. Both seatings have their pluses and minues it just depends on your attitude. For us, late seating works however when we cruise on the West Coast the earlier seating definitely works for us. Good Luck! I hope you get what you want...

PoohFan2004
01-23-2004, 12:29 PM
That's the problem - I don't know what I want !:confused:

Oh well, I'm sure we'll have a great time no matter which seating we have. I'm looking forward to all the great food and the fun atmosphere. My next decision is which night to try to go to Palos. I don't want to miss the first meal in any of the restaraunts and all the special menus for later in the week look so good, I don't want to miss any of them either!

Katdb
01-23-2004, 01:07 PM
I can't wait for May!!!!!
Anyways, I'll be sailing with my Mom (wenabre), my Nana and hopefully my sister, on the May 8th cruise!

I really hope we can have a Dis meet, everytime we've organized one before, they've always been a blast! (I know it's still a little ways away... 5 exams and 4 midterms for me... but it's my light at the end of the tunnel)

For the excursion, I would most definitely recommend stingray city. My mom, sister and I did this excursion last year and I absolutely loved it!!!

That's about it, I think I hear homework calling.

See you soon

Katdb

OurDogCisco
01-28-2004, 01:54 PM
Has any one done the Sunset tour at Key West? Trying to decide if it would be worth it to miss the show for to do. The guide book stated that we'd be back in time for dinner.

Tina

CAMICKEY
01-29-2004, 01:11 PM
My wife, myself and DS (age 6) will also be going (along with Brother, his wife and my mother). We went on the 4 day cruise last June and loved it - my son did not want to leave the Kids Club. Alas the 4 day cruise was not long enough so that is why we are going on this one. We fly out on the 7th from LAX and then will be staying overnight at the Hyatt MCO. I believe our stateroom number is 6554 (convenient to the kids club) My only fear is it will ne noisy being by the elevators. Has anyone stayed close to the midship elevators before and if so, did you have a problem with the noise? Can't wait to go. - CAMICKEY

aprilgail2
01-29-2004, 09:44 PM
We took the 4 day also and it was no where near long enough! Before I knew it the cruise was over...we got off the ship in Nassau, Freeport and Castaway Cay so we never got to spend a full day on the ship...I didn't eat lunch onboard once!
We are now into the double digits....no more 100+ days!!! WOOO HOOOO!!!!
I've never stayed by the elevators but I have seen posts from people who have and they said they weren't bothered by noise....we are in 6608, right down the hall on the same side as you!

nursegardener
01-30-2004, 06:58 PM
We stayed close to the elevators on deck 7 on our first cruise - a 3-day in 2001. We were never bothered by any noise. And at that time we spent WAY TOO much time in the room - we had been upgraded to a balcony. It was very romantic but we stayed out there way too long!! Needless to say, this cruise we booked an inside cabin on purpose!!

Can't wait until May!!!

DisneyForLife
01-31-2004, 08:37 AM
We were literally right around the corner from the elevators on our last cruise. We heard no noise at all. I don't think that is a problem at all. Actually, it was very convenient.

We're almost there, double digits. :bounce: :bounce:

Katdb
01-31-2004, 04:27 PM
As I watch the snow outside, I can't help getting even more excited that we're under 100 days until the cruise!!!

Anyways, a couple of people have mentioned a Dis meet, and I was thinking that Monday might be a good day to have one (especially as that is a day at sea and I'm sure most of us could spare a few minutes to meet other Disers!)

I'd love to hear your suggestions (date, time, place, activities)!!! I know at our past meets, we've had pin trading (or in my case, drooling!!!), postcard exchanges from our home town etc... and the promenade lounge seemed to work really well.

Hope to get some feedback!
Katdb

aprilgail2
01-31-2004, 10:43 PM
Any day you want to have a Dis meet is ok with me! Last cruise I took I didn't hear of anyone doing one so we didn't get to meet anyone! I don't collect pins so I can't help you with that but I would love to have a meet!

nursegardener
02-01-2004, 03:36 PM
Me too!! Would love to meet anywhere anyone wants to - just keep me posted! I'v never been to a DIS meet, so this will be great. We wear lime green ribbons, right?? Hope to meet everyone there - Monday sounds good to me!

aprilgail2
02-01-2004, 03:41 PM
I have the lime green mickey head that I got in home depot that I am going to hang from my neck or zipper!

Katdb
02-01-2004, 03:44 PM
I'm even more excited with the prospect of a Dis Meet :)

aprilgail2... just because you don't collect 'em... you can still love them right? Coming from Canada, it's hard for us to bring a lot of our pins down (I'm worried going through security that they will confiscate them, or that they will get lost in the luggage) so we normally only bring down our cheapy traders. I'm hoping to be able to bring down some more of my special ones, but I'm normally the one oggling everyone else's pins :)

nursegardener, you don't have to wear the ribbons if you dont want to... i know we did last year (and I managed to find a lanyard that's bright green that helped too).

One thing I'm looking forward to making for this cruise is a little door sign. Our tablemates last year made a Dis sign and it was amazing. I know at some of the Home Hardware stores where they have the Disney Paint, you can get the pain sample stickers shaped like Mickey's Head (lets just say they're all over my dorm room) and I've got some lime green ones at home ot use for my door :)

just keep thinking... sailing sailing, on a Disney Ship :)

DisneyForLife
02-02-2004, 09:25 AM
I would love a Dis meet.

Hopefully we can have one on the ship and also one at the Radisson for those of us who are staying there.
I will be with a 7 year old girl and we are hoping she can make a friend before we board.

Maybe for the ship meet we can wear the Mickey heads from Home Depot with our screennames on them. That way we won't have to keep repeating "who are you". Just a suggestion, I am up for anything, I just want May to get here.

:jumping1:

Leahpie
02-02-2004, 03:37 PM
Hello,

For those of us who are new to this board, could I get a little more info on the Dis meet? Is there significance to the lime green color?

My family and I would be up for a social event of any type to try and meet other people. My children have a few pins that they traded at WDW, so we could bring those with us.

Thanks for the h elp.:bounce:

Katdb
02-02-2004, 04:06 PM
Hi Leahpie,

Basically, a Dis meet is just a fun gathering of DIsers (those of us who post on the DisBoards).

I'm not exactly sure how the lime green started, but wearing lime greem is a way to identify yourself as a Diser. (Ribbons, lanyards, bandanas... anything.)

Every Dis Meet is different, but it's a great way to meet the people that you've been posting to, face to face.

Our Dis meet is definitely still in the planning stages, so any ideas that you have would be greatly appreciated :)

Hope to see you and your family there!
Katdb

aprilgail2
02-03-2004, 05:41 AM

Maybe for the ship meet we can wear the Mickey heads from Home Depot with our screennames on them. That way we won't have to keep repeating "who are you".

Good idea! I will put my screen name on before I laminate it....after all the years of having AprilGail as my aol screen name, email address and name for all boards I actually answer to it when people call me it real time LOL! I would love to have a room sign too to hang on my door, I am NOT very creative or artistic though LOL!
Another quick question.....where did you all book through? I booked through Dreams Unlimited.

DisneyForLife
02-03-2004, 07:46 AM
Laminate the mickey heads. Good idea.

I booked through All Seasons. They have been great.
My last cruise I knew nothing and went to a TA and let her do everything. I paid much more than this time and learned my lesson.

aprilgail2
02-03-2004, 10:54 AM
Laminate the mickey heads. Good idea.

I booked through All Seasons. They have been great.
My last cruise I knew nothing and went to a TA and let her do everything. I paid much more than this time and learned my lesson.

Last cruise I went right through disneycruise.com so I paid top dollar too!

Maybe I will just put a pagnet on the back of one of the green mickey heads for my stateroom door!

OurDogCisco
02-03-2004, 10:54 AM
I like the mickey's head idea....

I booked on board when we were doing our 3 day in August 2002 for April 2004. Then, in January 2003 I rebooked to the May trip the day the phone lines opened. I looked into Dreams Unlimited and the savings was only $50. I really didn't think it was worth the switch. So, I am booked through Disney.

Tina

OurDogCisco
02-03-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by CAMICKEY
My wife, myself and DS (age 6) will also be going (along with Brother, his wife and my mother). We went on the 4 day cruise last June and loved it - my son did not want to leave the Kids Club. Alas the 4 day cruise was not long enough so that is why we are going on this one. We fly out on the 7th from LAX and then will be staying overnight at the Hyatt MCO. I believe our stateroom number is 6554 (convenient to the kids club) My only fear is it will ne noisy being by the elevators. Has anyone stayed close to the midship elevators before and if so, did you have a problem with the noise? Can't wait to go. - CAMICKEY

Hi Camickey,

We're in room 6062 right outside the elevators. Last time we were in stateroom 6606 and decided I rather be closer to the stairs or elevator. So, I picked closer to the kids club elevator. And, we are staying at Hyatt the night before. OUr flight doesn't arrive until 12:45 am (UGH...)...

Leahpie
02-03-2004, 12:19 PM
Katdb

Thanks for the information. Now the lime green makes sense. I'll have to invest in some lime green "stuff" for us to wear.

My daughter always picks up the "mickey's ears" at the paint store and I like the idea of decorating our door with them, so we'll have to get some more!

I'll give some thought to ideas for a meet-how big is the whilrlpool/hot tub.......... Oh well, it was a thought.

My lunch break is over so I'll check back later.

CAMICKEY
02-06-2004, 01:40 PM
To everyone else who answered my question about elevator noise. Thanks, gives me a feeling of relief. We wanted to be close to the Oceaneer's Club for our DS.

To Our Dog Cisco and everyone else as well. We will be getting in around 4:00 PM the day before the cruise. I think I prefer our arrival time over yours. Where do you live in California? We live in Fullerton (about 8 miles from Disneyland). Well I hope that you will still be able to get a good nights rest before the first day of the cruise. What time to you plan on catching the Disney Bus to the Port (I'm assuming you have Disney transfers). I understand that Disney has a desk at the Hyatt and will take care of all the arrangements for getting our luggage there and letting us know what time to board the bus. Has any one else ever stayed at the Hyatt before and used the Disney desk there? I would also look forward to a Dis-meet - sounds like fun.
Why do the days seem to get longer as the time to leave gets closer!!! - CAMICKEY

OurDogCisco
02-06-2004, 08:06 PM
To Our Dog Cisco and everyone else as well. We will be getting in around 4:00 PM the day before the cruise. I think I prefer our arrival time over yours. Where do you live in California? We live in Fullerton (about 8 miles from Disneyland). Well I hope that you will still be able to get a good nights rest before the first day of the cruise. What time to you plan on catching the Disney Bus to the Port (I'm assuming you have Disney transfers). I understand that Disney has a desk at the Hyatt and will take care of all the arrangements for getting our luggage there and letting us know what time to board the bus. Has any one else ever stayed at the Hyatt before and used the Disney desk there? I would also look forward to a Dis-meet - sounds like fun.
Why do the days seem to get longer as the time to leave gets closer!!! - CAMICKEY

HI CAMICKEY,

Unfortunately, I live about 400 miles from the Mouse in Sacramento. I do wished I lived closer sometimes. I love the LA area.

My flight leaves Sacto Airport around 3 pm. My dd is in the 1st grade and I am really pushing it by taking her out of school for a week. So, she'll only miss 1/2 day on Friday from lunch on through the next week. And, on Friday afternoons they do art and other fun stuff so, she isn't missing math & reading. So, maybe I'll make brownie points with the teacher. Our flight arrives at 12:45 am. We'll definitely be tired but no choice at this point.

Since, we are traveling with other family members dh's aunt, uncle and cousin10 we opted to take a stretch limo to the airport. The cost is just a little cheaper than taking Disney transportation. This way we can make a grocery stop to pick up bottled water & juice boxes & snacks for the little ones for any tours we take. Also, then, we can make a grocery stop on the way back to the airport as well for snacks and beverages. Both of our flights do not offer any meals because the flights are under 4 hours. We are flying Sacto to Houston then, Houston to Orlando.

I am not sure about the Hyatt situation. We did the land sea cruise thing before so, we came from the Polynesian last time. I'm sure the check-in clerk will have the answer.

Can't wait to meet everyone at a DIS meet! Yes, the days sure drag as we get closer doesn't it. Especially since, I don't see my dh much these days since, he is in the heart of tax season.....

Tina

aprilgail2
02-08-2004, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by OurDogCisco

My flight leaves Sacto Airport around 3 pm. My dd is in the 1st grade and I am really pushing it by taking her out of school for a week. So, she'll only miss 1/2 day on Friday from lunch on through the next week.

Tina

Our flight leaves around 2pm on the Friday so we have to take the 14 year old out around 11am to get to the airport and then we have a late flight home on Sunday around 8pm so she will make it home in time for school that Monday morning, may be tired but she will be there. So she will miss 5 1/2 days also. She will miss some review for finals but thats about it and she is a honor student so she should be fine. I don't have any problem with pulling them out of school for vacations because when they actually HAVE vacation from school they get so much work to do during it that you can't go away with them anyway.....we are renting a car and driving right to the Raddison Friday night and keeping it until Sunday night when we leave. I want it to be right there when we disembark so we can get right to Magic Kingdom and not waste to much of the day!

Katdb
02-08-2004, 08:55 AM
I must admit, one of my biggest perks for these cruises is that I will have NO HOMEWORK!!! For the first time, I won't be stuck in the cabin doing bio, or calculus, or physics or any other homework!

Even though university is a heck of a lot more work now, I'm glad we're done so much earlier. Lat year I did calc homework on the plane, and Bio homework in the cabin. Not fun!

So yay me, no homework!!!

Sorry, I just had to reply when the homework was mentioned!

Katdb

OurDogCisco
02-08-2004, 11:42 AM
aprilgail2 --- I too have no problem pulling my child out of school for vacation but unfortunately the school district does not share the same view. I could get kicked out of the school and sent to another school. And, that would be a big deal if it happened to us. My dd attends one of the best schools in the district which has a waiting list of kids wanting in the school. So, instead we'll do independent study which will is about 6 hours of homework a day. Per the district rules it is a full day of class instruction. UGH.... so, I am really not looking forward to that part. Hopefully, she'll be able to finish a lot of it on the plane or on Sunday before going back to school that Monday. I am hoping to avoid homework during the actual cruise part.

Katdb-- I'm sure you fully enjoy the cruise this time without homework. I remember those days.....

CAMICKEY
02-10-2004, 12:02 PM
Reply to OurDogCisco:

Sorry I did not reply to your last post but when I read it, I got a chuckle. So your DH is in the Tax business. I actually develop tax Software for CCH INCORPORATED. Responsible for the Print engine. We have been busy since September developing and releasing the software, so I can relate to the stress that Tax season can bring. I am also an EA but not actively practicing as CCH keeps me too busy (I do however prepare about 15 relatives returns each year). Give your DH my best and looking forward to April 15th - a time to rest and get prepared for the cruise in May.

We also are pulling or DS out of kindergarten for 6 days but feel that the family timetogether far outweighs what he will miss for a week in kindergarten - besides, my wife is an elementary school teacher in Anaheim and we plan on doing about an hours school work a day to keep him up to date. - Mike

bossladypu
02-11-2004, 10:42 AM
My husband and I are going on this cruise also.
Having a hard time deciding what excursions to pick.
My husband wants to do the Atlantis submarine plus we
want to do Stingray City. I've been reading to do the
submarine in Grand Cayman, was wondering if anyone
had done both submarine and Stingray City in one day?
We are celebrating our 35th anniversary, it's June 7 but
we both work at a university and June wasn't good for
us. So this was the closest to our date, plus cheapest.

OurDogCisco
02-11-2004, 10:55 AM
Reply to OurDogCisco:

Sorry I did not reply to your last post but when I read it, I got a chuckle. So your DH is in the Tax business. I actually develop tax Software for CCH INCORPORATED. Responsible for the Print engine. We have been busy since September developing and releasing the software, so I can relate to the stress that Tax season can bring. I am also an EA but not actively practicing as CCH keeps me too busy (I do however prepare about 15 relatives returns each year). Give your DH my best and looking forward to April 15th - a time to rest and get prepared for the cruise in May.

We also are pulling or DS out of kindergarten for 6 days but feel that the family timetogether far outweighs what he will miss for a week in kindergarten - besides, my wife is an elementary school teacher in Anaheim and we plan on doing about an hours school work a day to keep him up to date. - Mike

Thanks! My dh is definitely one of your customers....

ohiominnie
02-11-2004, 02:07 PM
Hi Camickey,

We're in room 6062 right outside the elevators.

Hey, Neighbor!

We'll be in 6060!! :)

OurDogCisco
02-11-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by ohiominnie
Hey, Neighbor!

We'll be in 6060!! :)

OMGOSH!!! we are totally neighbors. How funny. We'll be traveling with dh's aunt, uncle & niece. I think, his niece will be almost 11 so, close in age with your dd. How exciting.... Hopefully, we won't be too noisy for you all. Just joking.... I can't wait to meet you and your family.

Tina

CAMICKEY
02-11-2004, 04:20 PM
Did anyone make final plans for a Dis-meet or did I overlook it in the posts?

Katdb
02-11-2004, 06:35 PM
hi CAMICKEY,

I volunteered to plan it a little while ago, but nothing definite has been set. I was thinking Sunday in the Promenade lounge, but the date and location is entirely changeable. Last year we had planned to use one of those "secret" (but not so secret anymore balconies, but there was too much wind, so we ended up in the Promenade lounge and it worked really well.

Happy Disney Day Everyone
Katdb

aprilgail2
02-11-2004, 08:56 PM
OMGOSH!!! we are totally neighbors.
Tina

We are in 6608...not far from you either but on the other side of the ship I think.

tpseller
02-13-2004, 02:36 PM
I am getting excited!!!!

Hey Katdb if you plan the Dismeet - we will be there!! I think someone suggested doing it on a sea-day when we have more free time (and we all for sure will be on board!).

OurDogCisco - we need to hook up our DD's - mine will be less than a month short of her 6th bday - she would love to meet a friend. We are also coming from CA - Northern though. We get in on Thursday and are staying at the Doubletree.

Not too much longer now - I really need to start the diet
:rolleyes: - It is amazing how just buying the South Beach Diet book, really doesn't take the pounds off - I guess I need to actually read and follow it to show results!!;)

aprilgail2
02-13-2004, 03:32 PM

Not too much longer now - I really need to start the diet
:rolleyes: - It is amazing how just buying the South Beach Diet book, really doesn't take the pounds off - I guess I need to actually read and follow it to show results!!;)

I am having gastric banding done in 2 weeks so I will have lost some weight prior to the cruise but not enough....but it will be a start.

DisneyForLife
02-16-2004, 05:04 PM
aprilgail2, just wanted to say good luck on your upcoming surgery.
A friend of mine had it done last June, she did a lot of research on it before and was well prepared. She is doing well and looking fantastic.

aprilgail2
02-16-2004, 05:30 PM
Thanks...my friend who I am traveling with had it done a month ago and she is doing just fine now....

palisa
02-24-2004, 08:30 PM
DH, myself, DS (15) and DD (10) will be crusing on May 8. We will be spending two days at Beach Club prior to the cruise and one day at Universal after.

CAMICKEY
02-25-2004, 12:26 PM
Welcome palisa - Sounds like you are going to have a busy vacation - and a pleasurable one as well. - Mike

fireguy5620
02-29-2004, 09:07 PM
Hello all, we are from Southeast Iowa and will going on our first DC on May 8th. Myself, wife and two Daughters 9 and 10 will be going. It's my daughters B-day present, on is in April the other May. The ages are their cruising ages.

We will go on the cruise and then spend a few days in DW...We can't wait. Would love to meet other people while on the cruise.

aprilgail2
02-29-2004, 09:13 PM
Welcome!! Hope we can arrange something to all meet up on the cruise! ::MinnieMo
The kids I am bringing are far from the ages of yours though...I am bringing a 4 year old and a almost 15 year old... we are also goign on the cruise then striaght to Disney for 2 days!

DisneyForLife
03-01-2004, 07:15 AM
Welcome to all the new posters, glad you found this thread.
We will have a DD7 with us.

For those of you staying at the Radisson the night before, have you signed up for the shuttle yet? I thought it was too early but by the sounds of things now would be the time to do it.

We are just about at the 60 day mark, never thought we would get there. Now is the exciting time, waiting for those Docs, another 30 or so days should do it.

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

aprilgail2
03-01-2004, 07:22 AM
We are staying at the Raddison but I don't think we are goingto take the shuttle...we debated about it and I think I will just dirve and pay to park our rental car there...we want to get off the ship and at Magic Kingdom as soon as possible and to have to wait for a shuttle or taxi to take us back to the hotel after the cruise would be wasting time I think. You should call the Raddisson, did you see the other trhread where some people had to upgrade to the cruise package to be able to book the shuttle?

DisneyForLife
03-01-2004, 08:49 AM
Hi aprilgail2, yes, I did see that thread.

I will be calling the Radisson today because I went on their site to check on my reservation and it says there isn't one. When I call to check what the problem may be I am going to get the shuttle ressies at the same time hopefully. I will upgrade if I have to.

Sounds like you have a good plan to me. I would want to get over to Disney quickly also if I were going. This trip I am going right home after the cruise but I don't mind because I will be at Fort Wilderness the first week in December.

DreaminDisney
03-01-2004, 02:39 PM
Welcome to all the new posters, glad you found this thread.

For those of you staying at the Radisson the night before, have you signed up for the shuttle yet? I thought it was too early but by the sounds of things now would be the time to do it.

We are just about at the 60 day mark, never thought we would get there. Now is the exciting time, waiting for those Docs, another 30 or so days should do it.

I called Radisson last night and put our name on a shuttle list. Apparently it's not too early.

DisneyForLife
03-01-2004, 02:57 PM
I called this morning and was told they did not do that anymore, I would have to wait till I got there. I will call back tonight when I am sure there will have been a shift change and hopefully I can make a ressie then. It makes a difference who you talk to I guess.

I think it should be consistent though. You would think that all the employees would know the policy of the hotel.

Oh well, I am sure one of these times I will get someone who will help me. The funny thing is I don't even want an early shuttle but I don't want to be stuck there till 1 either.

DreaminDisney
03-01-2004, 05:25 PM
I called this morning and was told they did not do that anymore, I would have to wait till I got there.
I think it should be consistent though. You would think that all the employees would know the policy of the hotel.

I agree. When I called last night, I asked if 'it was possible' I could put my name on a shuttle list. She asked what cruise I was taking, my name and the time preference we wanted. I still plan on checking as soon as we check in to make sure we're on some kind of list or wait list....or whatever they're doing at that time:confused:

bulacat
03-01-2004, 11:05 PM
Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a while as i gather information for our first Disney Cruise! I just wanted to come out and say HI! I will be cruising with my wonderful dh, dd (7) and ds (5). We are doing a big 10 yr Anniv trip, starting with a week at DW (staying at the Swan), followed by the cruise. We booked a vow renewal, and i was wondering if anyone out there was doing the same?

DisneyForLife
03-02-2004, 07:03 AM
Welcome bulacat. Sounds like you have a great vacation planned. You will have a Magical time on your first cruise. Isn't it more fun posting than lurking?
No renewal of vows here, my husband is not cruising with me this time. We are four adults with an 8 year old girl. Maybe she will meet up with your daughter. It is nice if the kids have a friend to go to the clubs with, especially that first day.

ohiominnie
03-02-2004, 07:11 AM
OMGOSH!!! we are totally neighbors. How funny. We'll be traveling with dh's aunt, uncle & niece. I think, his niece will be almost 11 so, close in age with your dd. How exciting.... Hopefully, we won't be too noisy for you all. Just joking.... I can't wait to meet you and your family.

Tina

How fun! Yes, my dd will be almost 11 too! Maybe they'll hang out together.

Haven't been around much on these boards. Feel like I'm out of the loop! Just have been SOOOOO busy! Can't wait for a week to kick back and forget real life!

About DIS meets.....We will most likely be at the Mickey pool from Embarkation until the life boat drill. That has been, in the past, a nice place to meet because the kids can be occupied in the pool and aren't upset that you're dragging them away from the fun to meet "strangers!"

Just a thought! :)

DreaminDisney
03-02-2004, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by bulacat
Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a while as i gather information for our first Disney Cruise! I just wanted to come out and say HI! I will be cruising with my wonderful dh, dd (7) and ds (5). We are doing a big 10 yr Anniv trip, starting with a week at DW (staying at the Swan), followed by the cruise. We booked a vow renewal, and i was wondering if anyone out there was doing the same?
Hi bulacat! Sounds like a wonderful vacation you have planned! DH and I will be celebrating our Anniversary too!! I will be cruising with my DH, DS (who will be 7 when we cruise) and DD who is 4:D

PoohFan2004
03-02-2004, 12:31 PM
How exciting! We will be celebrating our anniversary too (11 years), but no renewal of vows. We have a DS, 5, and DD, 5. It would be great to meet with everyone so that they can meet up with some other kids around their age. My son will make friends with anyone, but my daughter is a little more shy. I was planning on trying to spend some time at the pool before the lifeboat drill anyway. That sounds like it might be a less busy time for the pool than the rest of the cruise! I can't believe it is getting so close to cruise time! I need to go shopping!

tpseller
03-05-2004, 12:08 AM
: PoohFan2004

We have a DD5 that will be with us too!
We will probably be at the Mickey Pool right after lunch also - so hopefully we will see you there.
My daughter makes friends fairly easy so hopefully we can meet up and they can get to know each other before the club!

On our last land/sea vacation we happen to meet a couple with a daughter the same age at the Polynesian. They also went on the cruise and my daughter loved having a "pal"!

I need to go to Home Depot for my lime green Mickey's so I can be identified as a diser!! :earsboy:

aprilgail2
03-05-2004, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by DreaminDisney
I will be cruising with my DH, DS (who will be 7 when we cruise) and DD who is 4:D

My daughter is 4 too...I am hoping she meets some kids her age before going to the club so she won't be scared walking in to a room full of strange kids....

goofyguy1958
03-05-2004, 05:34 PM
Hey, there actually is a thread for our May 8th Magic cruise. I think I have been told this a number of times but being the forum neophyte I am it took a miss click to stumble onto the thread. Hi all, great to finally find you. Two questions, are there any 7-year-old DDs cruising -- my 7-year-old DD asked if she is going to make any new friends? Also, any 4-year-old dinosaur-loving DSs cruising to discuss paleontology with my 4-year-old paleontologist?:crazy:

DisneyForLife
03-05-2004, 07:41 PM
Hi Goofyguy, welcome to our thread. I'm glad you found us. We will have an 8 yr old DD. That's close enough, they will be in the same group. It is always good to have a friend before going into the clubs for the first time. Hopefully we will get a dis meet going and they can meet.

aprilgail2
03-06-2004, 01:39 PM
Excursion info came today!! Anyone else get theres??

CAMICKEY
03-08-2004, 03:06 PM
Have not received my excurion info but did call my TA to book the excursions we alrady had planned as we are now 60 days out. - Getting anxious in California. BTW we have a DS6 who is interested in dinosaurs. - Mike

goofyguy1958
03-08-2004, 06:07 PM
Hey guys, when do you usually get the excursion packet? I can't contain the excitement and need to do some more planning. My daughter and I already are planning on parasailing and snorkeling. What can I do with DS:crazy: . Also, must have adult excursions for me and DW.Any suggestions for Cozamel?: :jumping1::Pinkbounc

bulacat
03-08-2004, 07:09 PM
hey goofyguy, is your dw celebrating a birthday on the cruise? Me too! May 13. My dd7 and ds5 are both dinosaur lovers among other things. I had the kids watch the Disney Cruise show on the travel chanel to get them excited about the trip, and every day I hear about how they can't wait to make new friends on the ship. Especially my ds, who has informed me that he also wants to "eat dinner with his new friends". We havn't planned any excursions, since we've been to Cayman and KeyWest. I would like to do the Tulum ruins, but that is a whole other trip in itself. We only plan to get off the boat at Castaway Cay.

Dana::MinnieMo

aprilgail2
03-08-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by goofyguy1958
Hey guys, when do you usually get the excursion packet? I can't contain the excitement and need to do some more planning. My daughter and I already are planning on parasailing and snorkeling. What can I do with DS:crazy: . Also, must have adult excursions for me and DW.Any suggestions for Cozamel?: :jumping1::Pinkbounc

I faxed my excursion sheet over tonight that came with the packet. The only thing I am doing through Disney is the banana boat at Castaway Cay. We booked Captain Marvins on our own, looking into the royal dolphin swim (NOT just an encounter) http://www.dolphindiscovery.com./cozumel.htm either that or we will just catch a cab to Mr Sanchos for some beach fun. I already bought tickets for the Conch Trolley in Key West for all 4 of us. It was so much cheaper to do things without having to do a Disney excursion and we booked everything on line and even printed out our tickets to the Conch Trolley already!

OurDogCisco
03-08-2004, 09:12 PM
I faxed my excursion sheet over tonight that came with the packet. The only thing I am doing through Disney is the banana boat at Castaway Cay. We booked Captain Marvins on our own, looking into the royal dolphin swim (NOT just an encounter) http://www.dolphindiscovery.com./cozumel.htm either that or we will just catch a cab to Mr Sanchos for some beach fun. I already bought tickets for the Conch Trolley in Key West for all 4 of us. It was so much cheaper to do things without having to do a Disney excursion and we booked everything on line and even printed out our tickets to the Conch Trolley already!

Hi Aprilgail2,

I had thought about doing the royal Dolpin Swim but mostly likely we'll have our almost 3 year old with us because I doubt she'll be potty trained in 60 days. She isn't in a preschool program so, even if she is potty trained I am not sure how she'd do. Anyways, are you taking your kids? I noticed the site says for 8 and older. Looks like a lot of fun though....

Also, do you have the web site for the conch trolley in key West... We'll probably do the Sunset Cruise but before hand we might do the conch trolley. Can you buy tickets the day of? or do the sell out?

Thanks for all the information! Can't wait less than 60 days out...

Tina

cindalu
03-09-2004, 02:14 PM
I am going on the Cruise on May 8 also along with my husband and my 3 girls. They are 7,6 and 3.

Maybe we can meet

goofyguy1958
03-09-2004, 06:59 PM
Bulacat, my wife actually turned fourty :eek: in November and this cruise is her birthday present (at least that's what she thinks). In reality, I have contacted the Magic staff and she will be getting a little bling bling suprise, delivered to her during dinner (have not decided which dinner yet), from Mickey Mouse. How much past 5 is your DS? My DS will be 3 months away from his 5th birthday come May. My DD is also 7 and both her and my DS are saying the same thing -- "Daddy can we have dinner and play with our new friendsa on the ship?" If there is a meet, we can introduce the children and who knows from then.:tongue:

aprilgirl2, How do I find Captain Marvins? Is that the swim with the rays excursion? I have been to Key West twice BK (before kids) and loved it. Probably not doing any excursion but will get off the ship and enjoy Duval St. and Margaretaville and maybe rent a moped for the day. :crazy: :moped:

cindalu, My DD can't wait to meet other DDs her age in the "kids only club:p ."

We are getting sooooo close yet soooo far. I have posted more here in the last 5 days than I did in the almost year since I discovered DISboards. :earseek: :crazy:

DisneyForLife
03-10-2004, 09:34 AM
Goofyguy, what a nice guy to surprise your wife, that's very thoughtful.

We will also have a DD7 with us. I hope all the children can meet up and become friends before they go to the kids clubs.

These next two months are going to crawl by but before we know it those wonderful docs will be at our doors and that will get us through.

goofyguy1958
03-10-2004, 07:04 PM
Hi Disneyforlife, looks like there are a lot more 7-year-old DDs than 4-year-old DSs going on May 8th. My DD cannot wait to meet "all the silly people who put up those bouncing guys." :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :crazy:

CAMICKEY
03-11-2004, 03:10 PM
Anyone else getting excited yet? Made our excursion reservations yesterday - checked our airline for any flight changes - read the board again. - Now just need to wait for May 8th. Any more ideas about a Meet or am I still asking too soon. Just an FYI - Everyone will recognize me as the one wearing colorful pullover Hawaiian shirts. I even wear them to work. They are so comfortable. I think DW sometimes regrets getting me my first one as they have become addictive. - Mike

goofyguy1958
03-11-2004, 06:46 PM
Getting excited??? I have doubled my posts in the last week. I haven't booked any excursions because we didn't get the packet yet. You and I may get confused because I am the king of the Hawaiian shirts. I wear one to work every Friday -- they are button down with a collar aren't they -- they louder the better.:boat: :jumping3: :cool1: :jumping2: :crazy2: :tongue: :love2:

:3dglasses :jumping1:

Can anyone tell that DD and DS are standing right beside the computer while I post. They are smiley happy!!!!

OurDogCisco
03-11-2004, 07:15 PM
Yep we are excited here too! I booked my tours the other day, too. My dh can't wait because he is suffering in Tax Season H*LL right now! It will be so nice to be waited on hand and foot...

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

aprilgail2
03-11-2004, 08:04 PM

aprilgirl2, How do I find Captain Marvins? Is that the swim with the rays excursion? I have been to Key West twice BK (before kids) and loved it. Probably not doing any excursion but will get off the ship and enjoy Duval St. and Margaretaville and maybe rent a moped for the day. :crazy: :moped:

Sorry it took me so long to reply...I had surgery this week and just got out of the hospital today.... Here is captain marvins site...

http://captainmarvins.com/

We got our confirmation fax back for the banana boat on castaway cay. I am not positive that I will be able to do it by then, depends on my Dr so I may end up cancelling that.

CAMICKEY
03-12-2004, 11:02 AM
GOOFYGUY1958 - I wear them every day to work - even in the winter (Upper management at first frowned on it but I guess they have grown accustomed to it now). Well people should be able to tell us apart as I have only two button down ones - all the rest are pullovers. Have you ever been out to reyns.com? They have an excellent selection - a little pricey but made extremely well.

OurDogCisco - I prepared my next to last return yesterday. Can you believe my Mom's took me almost 12 hours!!! Hardest one I did this year - 2 rentals, 2 sales of rental properties with recomuted basis (my Dad passed away in 2002 and I had to re-determine basis for Mom). Hope your husband gets out of H@ll soon and into Cruise Heaven. Still busy releasing Tax software but able to work from home on Saturdays makes it a little easier. We should be winding down by the end of the month and then I can get even more excited than I am now about the cruise. I really look forward to meeting all of you so I can place a name to all of your monikors. - Mike

goofyguy1958
03-12-2004, 11:53 AM
Hey aprilgail2, hope everything went well with your surgery and I will be lifting a toast to your speedy recovery tonight. Thanks for the link to Capt. Marvin’s, I will check it out tonight when I have more time.

Camickey, never heard of reyns.com but can guaranty I will be checking them out. I usually wait until the end of the summer and go out and buy a few new ones at about 30% of original price. Back in 1993, while in Key West for a week vacation, I found a little shop off Duval St. that made custom shirts. They had you pick out the fabric then they do up all your measurements and you returned the next day to your very-own custom-tailored as-loud-as-you-want Hawaiian shirt. Mine is green with lots of palm trees and a Parrot in each one (as tacky as you can be but FUN).
:crazy: :crazy: :D

CAMICKEY
03-12-2004, 12:16 PM
goofyguy1958 - Do you know if this place in Key West is still there? - Mike

KC22
03-12-2004, 01:32 PM
Any cruisers out there traveling with a ds age 7?

CAMICKEY
03-12-2004, 02:03 PM
We have a DS6. - Mike

OurDogCisco
03-12-2004, 02:15 PM
I'll be traveling with dd2 (almost 3 by one week) & dd6 1/2 and niece 10 but no boys...

OurDogCisco
03-12-2004, 02:22 PM
Okay I am getting worried about my flights. I booked through AA when then had this great airfare deal of $200 from California. Anyways, our flight going to Orlando is empty. And, by empty I mean there are 10 to 15 rows missing on both flights (we have connection in Dallas). Do you think they will cancel if the plane isn't booked? I sure hope not...

And, on the way home they bumped us off the original plane and now we aren't sitting together as a family. This really annoys me because I booked two seats in one row and then, the same two seats in the next row. This way I can put my kicking seat dd in a seat where she kicks a family memeber in front instead of a stranger. So, now we get to spend the entire trip trying to prevent her from kicking. UGH.....

So, how is everyone else's flight arrangements going? I might give AA a call because I am really nervous about the flight going. The only next flight available is at 11:25 pm. Or Delta flies out of here at 10:20 pm. So, both would be a red eye....

Tina

aprilgail2
03-12-2004, 02:50 PM
I just double checked and it all seems to be ok.....

From New York City (JFK) to Orlando, FL (MCO)
Friday, 07 May 04 Depart New York City (JFK) at 3:40 pm and arrive in Orlando, FL (MCO) at 6:25 pm

From Orlando, FL (MCO) to New York City (JFK)
Sunday, 16 May 04 Depart Orlando, FL (MCO) at 7:10 pm and arrive in New York City (JFK) at 9:40 pm

I just have to get the limo booked to take us back and forth to the airport in NY and it will be all set. But since I have off from work until Mid-April I will have plenty of spare time to work on it!

goofyguy1958
03-12-2004, 06:12 PM
Camickey, not sure if it is still there but you can bet I will seek it out.

ohiominnie
03-12-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by KC22
Any cruisers out there traveling with a ds age 7?

YUP! I've got a DS, age 7. Turned 7 in January!!

KC22
03-13-2004, 03:00 PM
That's great mine turned 7 in Feb,

huge sports nut. looking forward to shooting baskets on board, ping pong, shuffle board..

KC22
03-13-2004, 03:09 PM
We have a DS6. - Mike

First readings seemed like there was all girls, glad to see some boys... mines a big sports nut.. look forward to meeting.

goofyguy1958
03-14-2004, 07:32 AM
Just curious. Has there been any further discussion on a meet for all of us May 8th cruisers? I think it would be great to have the DDs and DSs meet before they attend the clubs so there are some familiar faces. I can't take this wait, I am driving my DW nuts with all my planning and talking about the cruise. Come on May...........

aprilgail2
03-14-2004, 07:36 AM
Just curious. Has there been any further discussion on a meet for all of us May 8th cruisers? I think it would be great to have the DDs and DSs meet before they attend the clubs so there are some familiar faces. I can't take this wait, I am driving my DW nuts with all my planning and talking about the cruise. Come on May...........

I was hoping for one before they went to the clubs too but not sure what time everyone is boarding...we will be at the port at 10:30 so we will be on board early. After the lifeboat drill is a little hectic with the deck party and then getting ready for early dinners. I already told my daughter she has to wear a wrist band for the clubs and she is freaking out about that, she can't stand to have anything on her wrists!

goofyguy1958
03-14-2004, 07:45 AM
Aprilgail2, this web thing is becoming an obsession with me, I never thought I would be posting before 9 am on a Sunday morning.:) We too will be at the port between 10:30 and 11:00 to board early and get those reservations settled (also, the sooner I am there the better). W:bounce: :Pinkbounc :tongue: :teeth:

What are the wrist bands you are talking about?

aprilgail2
03-14-2004, 08:16 AM

What are the wrist bands you are talking about?

The ones they put on the kids when you register them in the kids clubs. I remember last cruise the kids in the clubs had bracelets to wear to identify them unless it has changed since then....The only reservations I am really going to try for are 7 days worth of Spa treatments! It would not be worth it to go to Palo since I just had Gastric Banding done and I can't eat more than 1/4 cup food for each meal LOL...

goofyguy1958
03-14-2004, 08:26 AM
Just booked the 11:15 to 1:15 snorkel trip with Captain Marvins. Wanted to keep it short as I do not know how 4-year-old DS and DW will handle the stingrays. No worries about DD because she is a lot more like me in that she is willing to try new things with minimal fears. Should I start worring about her now or wait until she becomes, God help us, a teenager?:eek:

aprilgail2
03-14-2004, 08:30 AM
Just booked the 11:15 to 1:15 snorkel trip with Captain Marvins. Wanted to keep it short as I do not know how 4-year-old DS and DW will handle the stingrays. No worries about DD because she is a lot more like me in that she is willing to try new things with minimal fears. Should I start worring about her now or wait until she becomes, God help us, a teenager?:eek:

Thats the one we are on also...you did it directly with Capt. Marvins right?

Katdb
03-14-2004, 08:46 AM
Hey everyone,

I know some people are wondering about the dis meet. I was going to wait until a little closer to the time, but if everyone is getting excited, I'm sure we can start picking dates sooner.

Some of you have mentioned the first day, and while I know of some cruises that this has been pulled off, I have also heard of many more that it doesn't work. (there are too many things to do on the first day, and then people that said they'd come don't show up etc...) and the family pool is ackward for large groups.

What I was thinking is maybe if all you Disers with children met at the family pool or wherever on the first day, that we could also have a meet on the Monday (sea day, that way no one has ANY excuses for not coming... and we'll come find you...) for pin trading and more getting to know you. Trust me, you cannot get a lot of talking done by the family pool, it doesn't really work for a large group of people.

A fun idea that we have used on our last cruises is that every family brings a postcard from their hometown (or just fun Disney postcard if you can't find a decent one from where you live), and you put your Dis name, real name, cabin, hometown of your group and any info that you want, and you bring one for every family attending the Dis meet. This might be a little difficult depending on how many families attend, but it's been a great momento from our past cruises.

Also, what I'd like to do for the cruise, if you are all willing, is to make up a cruisers list (basically same info as the postcards, but I could send it out before the cruise). It would be totally voluntary, and you could send as much or as little info as you want. For those of you that like this idea, if you could e-mail me (kbrett@uoguelph.ca) ;

names (and Dis ID's) of your group
ages of your group (probably just the young'uns... although at Disney, everyone can be a kid again)
cabin number
dinner seating
email
home address
Something fun like favourite Disney Ride, or activity or character... use that Disney imagination!!!

Hope to hear some suggestions soon:)
Katdb

DisneyForLife
03-15-2004, 07:18 AM
Hi KathB
Thank you for taking the time to organize this for us. Your suggestions sound great.
Although this is my second Disney cruise I did not know about the Dis boards before so I did not do a Dis meet.
I for one would love to have the kids meet on the first day. We hope to board early also (depending if we can get on that early shuttle at the Radisson, that is another story though). If we can do it either right after everyone gets their's ressies or soon after lunch it should work. I know how crazy it gets later.
The days are going by, we will be sailing before we know it.
Sharon
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

ohiominnie
03-15-2004, 06:55 PM
Having done a few Disney cruises, I've liked meeting by the Mickey pool sometime after embarkation. Typically we go straight up there and are there until life boat drill time. This will be our first 7 day cruise, so we may be trying the spa or Palo (as of yet we haven't tried these) but otherwise we'll be planted by the pool. :)

Any meet sounds great, if there's something planned we'll probably show up. :) If you want to get kids together before clubs open, join us at the pool. :)

ohiominnie
03-15-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by KC22
That's great mine turned 7 in Feb,

huge sports nut. looking forward to shooting baskets on board, ping pong, shuffle board..

Ack. Mine is about as uncoordinated as his mom and dad. He'll play ping pong and shuffle board but he probably won't be good at it. :) More time chasing the ball with ping pong than hitting it. :(

aprilgail2
03-15-2004, 07:07 PM
This will be our first 7 day cruise, so we may be trying the spa or Palo (as of yet we haven't tried these) but otherwise we'll be planted by the pool. :)

We will going for Spa reservations, I really want to get in one a day so I know I will have to get there early to get these done, my friend wants to do the same thing so we will both be at the spa early. I had a neck and shoulder massage last cruise during the sailaway party and right before dinner...it was great!

bossladypu
03-16-2004, 07:39 AM
I can't wait to meet people. I think it'll be nice meeting
people from different areas. My husband is just an old
hippie and we're just plain mid-westerners.

KC22
03-16-2004, 07:44 PM
Ack. Mine is about as uncoordinated as his mom and dad. He'll play ping pong and shuffle board but he probably won't be good at it. :) More time chasing the ball with ping pong than hitting it. :(

As long as they he has someone his age to share the experience..

Meeting by the Mickey pool sounds like a winner:cool:

aprilgail2
03-17-2004, 09:09 PM
Having done a few Disney cruises, I've liked meeting by the Mickey pool sometime after embarkation. Typically we go straight up there and are there until life boat drill time. This will be our first 7 day cruise, so we may be trying the spa or Palo (as of yet we haven't tried these) but otherwise we'll be planted by the pool. :)

Last cruise we ate lunch then napped before the life boat drill but this time we will stay awake LOL! We will be glad to meet near the Mickey Pool with our lime green Mickeys! I want to make one into a magnet for our cabin door!

ohiominnie
03-17-2004, 09:15 PM
lime green Mickeys! I want to make one into a magnet for our cabin door!

We did this the last time for both of our cabins (ours and my parents) then we kept moving the kid's Mickey head magnets depending on where they slept that night. :)

Made it very easy to identify our doors, that's for sure!

goofyguy1958
03-19-2004, 08:24 AM
I HATE SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! Please, Please, Please get here May 8th. If not, at least get over the snow already. :mad: :mad: :mad: :(

aprilgail2
03-19-2004, 09:09 AM
Its snowing here too...I HATE it!! My neighbors just dropped off their key to their house, they are going for a long weekend to Florida and I am taking care of another neighbors house who is spending the month in Florida...this is NOT fair LOL!!

goofyguy1958
03-20-2004, 10:06 AM
Aprilgail2, think of it this way; in May you can turn the tables and have both of your neighbors watch your house. Have one check the lights, etc and the other one get the mail. This way you can share the feeling you are having now with them:laughing: come May. Just thought I would try and look for the silver lining. Hey, by Thursday it could be 70 here outside Philadelphia. WOO HOO, go away snow!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

goofyguy1958
03-21-2004, 03:37 PM
Hey where is everyone at. This thread is starting to collect dust.:p I am going absolutely goofy with anticipation:crazy: :crazy:. Has anyone checked out the port cam at keywest, the MAGIC is docked there right know. You know the sight of her actually helps but it also increases the excitement.:bounce: :Pinkbounc :earseek:

aprilgail2
03-21-2004, 04:02 PM
I'm here! Just enjoying my 6 week vacation from work right now! I actually started buying some things for the cruise like shampoo, sunscreen and things like that but no clothes yet. I am hoping to be down a size by then! I lost 25 pounds in the past 2 weeks so I should be able to get a size smaller by then!

goofyguy1958
03-21-2004, 05:48 PM
Nice to hear your getting well Aprilgail2 -- great progress:jumping1: on the weight loss!!!!!

Now for the questions. I have been watching the Magic on Mallory Square today but right around 5 PM it vanished. I know that the ship is to stay in Key West until 10 PM. How come the Magic left Mallory Square and where did it go?

I also keep seeing all these posts about booking on shore activities; where do you go to book these activities? Is Disney supposed to send excursion booking information? I have not gotten anything from Disney since we completed our payment 3 weeks ago. Should I be expecting something? :confused:

aprilgail2
03-21-2004, 05:55 PM
Nice to hear your getting well Aprilgail2 -- great progress:jumping1: on the weight loss!!!!!

Now for the questions. I have been watching the Magic on Mallory Square today but right around 5 PM it vanished. I know that the ship is to stay in Key West until 10 PM. How come the Magic left Mallory Square and where did it go?

I also keep seeing all these posts about booking on shore activities; where do you go to book these activities? Is Disney supposed to send excursion booking information? I have not gotten anything from Disney since we completed our payment 3 weeks ago. Should I be expecting something? :confused:
iIf you wanted to book a Disney excursion you can call 60 days prior....and that was almost 2 weeks ago! You can go oh rhw disney cruise website and ssee the excursions and call 1-877-566-0968 to book them. If you wanted parasailing or banana boat at castaway cay you should call as soon as you can becuase they book up fast. In Grand Cayman we booked dierctly with Captain Marvins on their website for the stingray feeding and we bought our tickets for the trolly in key west online so save a few dollars. In Cozumel we are taking a cab to either paradise beach or Mr Sanchos, we were going to do the dolphin thing but the 14 yer old changed her mind. But we did book the banana boat in Castaway Cay already. Good luck! I actually have the excursion brochure here and I would snail mail it to you if you PM me your name and address so you can choose if you want to.

goofyguy1958
03-21-2004, 06:05 PM
Aprilgail2, thanks for the info.. I will go to the cruise web site to check out the excursions. I do not think we will be doing much other than Captain Marvin's, which I already booked thanks to a previous post you replyed to, and parasailing (DD 7 really, really wants to do this with dear dad who can't wait). Thank you for offering to send me the brochure but I will wait a couple of more days to see if I get anything from Disney.

You know that the last few posters have only been you and I. If we keep this up, people are going to start to talk.:rotfl: :jumping4: :cool1: :duck: (my DD just joined me, can you tell) :hug: :happy1: :love1:

ThreeCircles
03-21-2004, 06:06 PM

Disney should have sent you a "Shore Excursions - Your Personal Guide" booklet and an order form for pre-ordering your desired selections. (You can view a PDF version of the booklet <a href="http://www.dcltribute.com/excursions/catalog_eastern/">here</a>, but this is actually for the Eastern cruise and not the Western.) We received ours about three weeks ago and am surprised to hear that you haven't gotten anything in the mail from DCL yet, Goofyguy1958!

At any rate, all of the excursions listed in the book are also listed on the Disney Cruise Line web site.

The DCL FAQ states:

Shore Excursion Request

Three easy ways to reserve your shore excursions:

Call the Special Services Desk at (877) 566-0968†.

E-mail your shore excursion requests along with your name and reservation number to dcl.shore.excursions@disneycruise.com*

Click here to download and print a PDF of the Shore Excursion Request Form. Then fill out the form completely and fax to (407) 566-7031† .

Shore excursions can be made within 60 days prior to sailing. Some excursions have capacity limits so be sure to make your request early. Reservations are taken on a first come first served basis. You can alter your shore excursion requests anytime up to two (2) days prior to sailing. You should note that after that time, no new excursion reservations can be made and all existing shore excursion reservations are considered final and unfortunately cannot be changed or refunded. Of course if you decide not to pre-reserve shore excursions prior to your cruise, you can still stop by the ship's Shore Excursion Desk, located on Deck 3, on embarkation day, to check availability and purchase excursions. But remember, some excursions may already be full and therefore unavailable.

When your shore excursion is pre-reserved, you will receive excursion tickets delivered to your stateroom on embarkation day. Payment for confirmed excursions is conveniently billed directly to your shipboard account. We unfortunately will not be able to accept payment in advance.

*We are unable to accept attachments with email requests. Please provide the required detail from the Excursion Request Form into a text email.

† If you are not 18 years of age or older, you must have your parent or guardian's permission to dial this number.

I always e-mail our shore excursion requests in and DCL has always been very prompt about sending a confirmation. In fact, I just booked our excursions for the May 1st Cruise last week!

Hope this helps a little!

BTW, Travis and I have been toying with the notion of doing a back-to-back sailing for the May 1st and May 8th sailings. But, it looks like your cruise may be pretty full and we would have to shell out some major $$$. I think that we're going to keep checking in with DCL but may end up having to wait for our back-to-backs in Aug/Sep later this year. Who knows, maybe Donna will be able to hook us up with the second week while we're onboard! I've actually heard of other Dis Board members doing just that! (Here's keeping my fingers crossed!)

And to all the May 8th Cruisers--

Hope you all enjoy your cruise!!! Us May 1st Cruisers will be sure to have everything top-notch for you before we leave! ::yes::

goofyguy1958
03-21-2004, 06:24 PM
Jason, thanks for the information. Now I am getting a little concerned since we paid the balance over 3 weeks ago. Guess I will be calling Disney tomorrow. I hope you have luck getting your back-to-back cruises in May. I and my DW would love to induldge in a couple of foo-fo drinks with you guys.
:tilt: :cool1:

By the way, if you do get your back-to-back cruises, we need to introduce you to my DD and DS who have become badger, mushroom, snake nuts. I have had to play that blasted thing at least 5 times today. It is such a hoot to see their faces and DS 4 roars laughing each and every time. However, my DW is asking me what that goofy song was that I was humming in my sleep last night.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

aprilgail2
03-21-2004, 07:20 PM
Hey that was a dirty trick ************ LOL!! For a minute I thought you were goign to be on the May 8th cruise with us!!!!

PoohFan2004
03-21-2004, 11:05 PM
GoofyGuy1958,

We have not received any information from Disney about the shore excursions either. When I asked my TA about it, she just said to check out the web site. I haven't booked anything yet. I've been thinking about booking the Captain Marvin's trip with you guys (you and aprilgail2), but I might just do the Disney excursion with the sting rays (I don't know if that's Captain Marvins or not). Since this is our first cruise, I'm thinking of just sticking with the Disney excursions so I know everything's taken care of. I guess I should probably make up my mind soon!:confused:

Hope all of your snow is melted. We only had a little snow last week and it has melted again. My kids don't quite understand how it can be spring when it still feels like winter! I just keep picturing myself on the ship with a fruity drink in my hand.::yes::

PizzieDuster
03-22-2004, 01:15 AM
Hi everyone!

We have been so busy with kids and their sports, I had to make myself sit down with the family and plan our excursions. I called Disney direct and spent a good 30 minutes with the rep going over all excursions and what would work best for us.

I thought about booking Captain Marvins but I went through Disney and I hope I won't regret it.

Mike, we too are coming from Southern California, flying in on Friday, May 7th staying at the MCO Hyatt! Last year we took a 3 day land/4 day Wonder Cruise and knew immediately upon boarding we wanted to stay longer so we rebooked on board.

We have DS14, DS11 and DD5 and are late seating. We had early seating last year and felt too rushed.

We did not plan anything for Key West. We thought we would explore with the kids and maybe DH and I would get to have some fun in the evening. Our kids are really excited about returning to their respective clubs.

For Grand Cayman, I booked the 1:00 pm Stingray City Snorkel tour because .... I have a teenager and I was so thrilled to have a late excursion! In the brochure and on the website I didn't know that you could book a 1:00 pm. time.

For Cozumel we booked the 12:30 pm Furyman Catamaran Sail & Beach Party.

And on Thursday 5-13, it's our anniversary and a day at sea which works out great!

Castaway Cay, the kids mentioned this time they want to see what their friends are doing on the island with their clubs, my DS14 wants to do the Wild Side - he missed out last year.

Tonight I pulled out my two boxes of "cruise" stuff I put away last year to start my check off list. I feel more relaxed this time, not having to deal with the LAND portion and this time around and we are so much more excited knowing how much fun we will have.

This is the best time now..... looking forward to a vacation that is getting so close now!

I second the 'getting excited about ************' on our cruise. I'd love to meet you both!

Katdb
03-22-2004, 05:57 AM
Hey everyone,

I know how you all feel about getting excited... May8th just can't get here soon enough! Between school, upcoming exams and looking for a job, I'm looking forward to relaxing on DCL.

Anyways, I have 2 e-mails with info for the Dis meet... anyone else?!?!?!?

THanks
Katdb

ohiominnie
03-22-2004, 06:34 AM
I'm thinking of just sticking with the Disney excursions so I know everything's taken care of.

That was our feeling. 3 cruises and we've never done an official excursion, so we're newbie in that sense.

After much discussion with the family and many changes, here's what we're doing:

Key West: my dh and I are doing the walking tour. Kids want to stay in their clubs.

Grand Cayman: Stingray City observatory and island tour.

Cozumel: dh and dd are doing the Tulum Ruins while ds and I are doing the Dolphin discovery thing.

We'll see how this all goes. :)

aprilgail2
03-22-2004, 06:44 AM
GoofyGuy1958,

I haven't booked anything yet. I've been thinking about booking the Captain Marvin's trip with you guys (you and aprilgail2), but I might just do the Disney excursion with the sting rays (I don't know if that's Captain Marvins or not). Since this is our first cruise, I'm thinking of just sticking with the Disney excursions so I know everything's taken care of. I guess I should probably make up my mind soon!:confused:

Let us know if you book with Capt. Marvins or with Disney. I did a Disney excursion and I just hated being herded into on room and then marched out of the bus to the excursion, I just prefer to do it on my own. But I understand wanting to be safe and goign through Disney...I am just trying to save a few dollars here and there so I can spend more time in the spa if my daughter goes to the kids club, still not sure that will work out but if it doesn't I hope to have my god daughter babysit at least once so I can get there.
I wish you were on our Capt. Marvins boat PizzieDuster I have a 14 year old girl going with us and a 4 1/2 year old daughter, not far from your kids ages!!

DisneyForLife
03-22-2004, 06:55 AM
Hi Everyone, I am happy to see more posts here.
We had the excursion booklet sent out with the ALL PAID invoice. I don't know why you didn't get one Goofyguy but as previously posted you can look online for the same info.
By the way, I would love to have ************ sail with us. Here's some pixie dust for those back to backs, (although I will be insanely jealous)********

We have booked the parasailing on CC, we will either be going to Mr. Sanchos or Paradise Beach on Cozumel, and some on us may be doing some type of Dolphin excursion on Grand Cayman. I know we have to move on this booking quickly though. On Key West we are just looking forward to the sunset Ahhhhhh !!!!

We are getting so close now, finally. Before we know it, those Docs will be here.

aprilgail2
03-22-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Katdb
I know some people are wondering about the dis meet. I was going to wait until a little closer to the time, but if everyone is getting excited, I'm sure we can start picking dates sooner.
Also, what I'd like to do for the cruise, if you are all willing, is to make up a cruisers list (basically same info as the postcards, but I could send it out before the cruise). It would be totally voluntary, and you could send as much or as little info as you want. For those of you that like this idea, if you could e-mail me (kbrett@uoguelph.ca) ;
names (and Dis ID's) of your group
ages of your group (probably just the young'uns... although at Disney, everyone can be a kid again)
cabin number
dinner seating
email
home address
Something fun like favourite Disney Ride, or activity or character... use that Disney imagination!!!
Hope to hear some suggestions soon:)
Katdb

Come on May 8th Cruisers...send in your info so we can get a meet organized!!

goofyguy1958
03-22-2004, 11:00 AM
Aprilgail2,

I just pm'd you with my details. Goofyguy1958 (Mike):crazy:

aprilgail2
03-22-2004, 12:26 PM
Aprilgail2,

I just pm'd you with my details. Goofyguy1958 (Mike):crazy: I will forward it to KATDB since she is really the one organizing it...I just wanted to post a reminder to say "COME ON MAY 8th CRUISERS JOIN IN!!!

cindalu
03-23-2004, 01:23 PM
Hi goofyguy,
Where in Pa are you from. I live in Lansdale which is near Philly. Are you flying or driving to FL. When are you leaving.

Talk to you soon.

goofyguy1958
03-23-2004, 06:06 PM
cindalu,

We are from Downingtown since May 2000. Before that we lived in the Roxborough section of Philadelphia. We are flying down on Friday the 7th so we can have a nice relaxed breakfast before our towncar picks up at the Hawthorne suites and takes us to the Magic. Each and every time I type that I get all goofy :crazy: -- man I cannot wait. :sunny: :boat: :jumping1: :wizard:

aprilgail2
03-23-2004, 09:46 PM
The May 1st Cruisers have their documents already so ours should be here next week!! WOO HOO!!!
After watching all these weeks of Survivor I read that the finale is the week I am on the cruise!! And worst is I am reading that we won't get that station on the cruise! I will have to log on the computer that evening to find out who wins!!

DisneyForLife
03-23-2004, 10:10 PM
Now that's the best news I've heard all day.

goofyguy1958
03-24-2004, 06:40 AM
Hey did anyone else get dumped off the Dis boards last night. Around 8 pm I got dumped and every time I tried to re-enter I got the old server too busy pop up box.:confused:

aprilgail2
03-24-2004, 06:50 AM
Hey did anyone else get dumped off the Dis boards last night. Around 8 pm I got dumped and every time I tried to re-enter I got the old server too busy pop up box.:confused:
Nope, I was on here most of last night, but last week I had a LOT of trouble here!

DisneyForLife
03-24-2004, 07:00 AM
No problem here, I know how frustrating that can be. I can't live without my daily Dis fix. ::yes::

palisa
03-24-2004, 10:39 AM
hey cindalu and goofyguy -

We are all neighbors. We moved to Collegeville three years ago from Cherry Hill, NJ. I will be cruising with DH, DS - 15 and DD 10. It looks like my children will be in the older groups.

I can't wait. We are spending 2 days at the Beach Club before and 1 day after at Universal.

Lisa

goofyguy1958
03-24-2004, 06:21 PM
Now all we need is someone from daowtown or south Philly and we will have a geographic diamond. Palisa, when are you going down for your cruise?

Is anyone out there staying at the Hawthorne Suites Orlando Airport on the 7th of May? If so let me know and maybe we can get together at the pool for one of those foo-foo drinks they are talking about so much on the May 1st thread.:crazy:

palisa
03-25-2004, 08:39 AM
Palisa, when are you going down for your cruise?

Goofyguy -

We will be heading down to Orlando on May 6 and will be staying at the Beach Club until Saturday, 5/8. As a surprise to my children (and husband too), we will be picked up on Saturday in a stretch limo! I can't wait to see their faces.

Gotta go -- time to do some work.

Lisa

goofyguy1958
03-25-2004, 07:07 PM
palisa, I am actually trying to suprise DW, DD and DS by having a limo pick us up at home to transport us to the airport -- just waiting for a couple of them to get back with me on $. This would be a really stress-free neat way to start DW's speacial trip.

aprilgail2
03-25-2004, 07:42 PM
We are using a limo to and from the airport....whenever I go to JFK or Laguardia I use a limo, if I go from Islip I just have someone drop us off becuase its close to here. The limo to and from usually runs about 70.00 each way for us.

goofyguy1958
03-27-2004, 08:33 AM
All right, I am officially going nuts. I just keep on buying things because I need them for the cruise;) . I went out yesterday, at lunch, and bought a new Sony digital Camcorder with all the trimings. I think I am going to spend more on things for the cruise than the actual cruise itself.

Drop the credit card and step away from the counter. He cannot be stopped!!!! He is out of control!!!:crazy:

DisneyForLife
03-27-2004, 08:45 AM
I'm know how you feel Goofyguy, I went out and bought a Sony Digital camera yesterday.

But hey, we have a good excuse. We have to capture all those MAGICal moments on the newest equipment out there.

::yes:: :bounce: ::yes:: :bounce:

aprilgail2
03-27-2004, 10:32 AM
I want to get one of the video camera that record right onto DVD but they are to expensive for me right now. I have a video camera I am bringing but I recall last cruise when I took it out to use it from the air conditioned cabin to the hot outside that little "moisture" thingie came on and it all fogged up. My friend picked up the over the door shoe holder since there will be 4 of us and we will need someplace to store all our cameras and junk. I still have yet to buy any clothes for the cruise though but everything else I have bought...especially the Bonine!!

DisneyForLife
03-27-2004, 07:07 PM
I had the problem with the moisture in my video camera last time also. I am just going to have to settle for the little movie I can make with the digital camera. I hope the same thing doesn't happen with that.

We are getting closer, finally!!!!!!!!!!

aprilgail2
03-27-2004, 07:09 PM
I saw someone post they got their May 8th docs...anyone here get them yet??

goofyguy1958
03-28-2004, 07:43 AM
Aprilgail2, Nope, no documents here but waiting impatiently for their arrival. By the way, where do you get one of those over-the-door shoe holder things? The camcorder, I bought on Friday, allows me to download still pictures and some footage right onto my computer to forward -- and drive family and friends nuts -- and post for future enjoyment. Can you tell I have been reading the manual?

DisneyForLife, did your camera clear up after a while? I hope there was no permanent damage to it. I bought a bag with my new camcorder that is supposed to reduce that type of thing -- let's hope it works.

aprilgail2
03-28-2004, 07:45 AM
You can get it in Familoy Dollar I think but we got it in Linens and Things....I am hoping it will reduce the "clutter" that always seems to be laying around everywhere on our vacations! You figure there are 4 of us so 4 regular cameras, my digital, my camcorder(which wont fit in those pockets LOL) and all our other garbage, at least there will be a set pace for htem.

DisneyForLife
03-29-2004, 06:48 AM
Googyguy, the condensation did leave after a while. I will have to look into the bag you are talking about. I never heard of them, I guess it helps the transition from cool to warm. A lot of people have had the same problem so it would be a good seller.

The over the door shoe holder can be found in almost every dept. store. I loved having it, made all the small things easier to find.

msh8675
03-29-2004, 02:27 PM
I have been reading your posts and I wanted to drop a line and say hello. I am cruising on May 8th on the Western Magic with my DD who is 6...a great Mothers day gift to ourselves. Since I am traveling with only her, I am interested in meeting new people and seeing all that I can during our trip, for both her and for just me!! :crazy:
The days to the cruise are just flying by and I am wondering..."sheesh, I wonder what I will forget to bring?!?"

GUNER
03-29-2004, 02:50 PM
WE JUST RECEIVED OUR DOCUMENTS FOR MAY 8 ON FRIDAY. STILL WONDERING IF I SHOULD BOTHER STAYING ON THE WAIT LIST FOR EARLY DINNER OR JUST STICK WITH LATE. ANY SUGGESTIONS. WE HAVE ONLY EVER DONE EARLY.IT MIGHT BE NICE TO NOT BE RUSHED.

aprilgail2
03-29-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by msh8675
I have been reading your posts and I wanted to drop a line and say hello. I am cruising on May 8th on the Western Magic with my DD who is 6...a great Mothers day gift to ourselves. Since I am traveling with only her, I am interested in meeting new people and seeing all that I can during our trip, for both her and for just me!! :crazy:
The days to the cruise are just flying by and I am wondering..."sheesh, I wonder what I will forget to bring?!?"

I am crusing with just my daughter and a friend and her daughter! WHat cabin are you in? Are you first or second seating?? We are in 6608 and have 1st seating for dinner. What excursions are you planning to do?
I am glad to have a few new names added to our cruise!!

msh8675
03-29-2004, 03:03 PM
:smooth:

I have heard that the late seating is more convenient but I dont' know either way.

I think it will be easier if you have things planned for the day not to interrupt or have to leave early to go get ready or anything...this way you know you will be on the ship at that time...

I dunno...I suppose if you are starving and need something to hold you over, there are plenty of things you can snack on.

Its just a matter of opinion. I am on the late seating, however this was the only time available when I booked.

I booked my cruise over the phone with expedia. I am hoping the paperwork will come at least 2 weeks or so prior.... :earseek:

msh8675
03-29-2004, 03:05 PM
I do not have a cabin # assigned yet as it is a guaranteed cabin.

Therefor I am hoping for an upgrade!! :hyper:

OurDogCisco
03-29-2004, 06:21 PM
Wow, you already got your docs. I wasn't expecting them until late April. Hopefully, we'll get ours soon! I'm sure we are last since, we live way out on the West Coast.

I am excited because I was able to book a StingRay Tour through Captain Marvin's.... Disney wouldn't let me take my 3 year old on the tour so, I had to book it separately. I AM DOING THE HAPPY DANCE!!!! I can't wait to meet the Stingrays....

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :wave: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

DisneyForLife
03-29-2004, 06:39 PM
Welcome to our thread msh8675. Glad you decided to join in.
See you soon.

KC22
03-30-2004, 07:15 AM
No documents have arrived in Northern New Jersey as of yet (3/29).

I took the early dinner to keep with the usual routine.

DS age 7 needs food before 8pm.

39 days 8 hrs and 45 mins to go..:smooth:

aprilgail2
03-30-2004, 07:57 AM

I am excited because I was able to book a StingRay Tour through Captain Marvin's.... Disney wouldn't let me take my 3 year old on the tour so, I had to book it separately. I AM DOING THE HAPPY DANCE!!!! I can't wait to meet the Stingrays....

What time are youo doing the stingrays with Cpt Marvins? We have the 11:15 one booked!

msh8675
03-30-2004, 08:25 AM
Thank you for your warm welcome....
I think I read somewhere that you (disneyforlife) were flying out of Logan...ME TOO!!!
We haven't yet booked our flight...as we are decided with Florida family if we are going to go on Wednesday or the day of the cruise (sat) so we are still debating....
I hope we can plan a meet somewhere at some point...it would be nice to have some adult time and for the kids to make new friends...
Talk to you soon!
Meesh

goofyguy1958
03-30-2004, 09:38 AM
Hey aprilgail2, are you doing the 11:15 to 1:15 with Captain Marvin's? If so, that is the one we are doing. It is a small world after all.

DisneyForLife
03-30-2004, 09:42 AM
Hi Meesh, yes we are flying out of Logan on Friday at 3:00. My first choice is always TF Green in Rhode Island (a much smaller airport), but with a 160.00 RT direct, I will go into Boston.
Good luck with your flights.

PS There is going to be a very informal meet by the pool the day we board so the kids can make some friends. Hope to see you there.

Katdb
03-30-2004, 09:47 AM
We're almost there, we're almost there!!! (I just keep thinking... four more days of classes, two weeks of exams and I'm home free for the cruise!!!)

Anyways, thanks to everyone who has sent me some information. If anything needs to be changed, that's not a problem. I have the info put together on my computer, but it can still be modified and added to (hint, hint to anyone who hasn't sent in infor...)

We still have to pick a date and time. I'm still hoping to meet on the Saturday (since it's a day at sea, and that way those of us that can't make it to the pool on the first day meet everyone as soon as possible!). The location, well, all I have is the little alcove off of promenade lounge. If anyone has had a Dis meet somewhere else that worked well, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. We've tried other placed, but haven't been successful due to weather, and always end up back at the promenade lounge.

That's it for now. Have a great Disney Day everyone

Katdb

msh8675
03-30-2004, 10:22 AM
Sounds good! We will be looking forward to it. (I hate flying!!) :earseek: :(
Providence is usually the cheaper of the 2 airports....however Jetblue is giving the better rate and they only fly out of Boston...soo.....
gotta go with whats gonna go easy on the pocket!!

I will let DD know we have plans to meet she will be so excited...
we are counting down the days!!! whoohooo :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

aprilgail2
03-30-2004, 11:27 AM
Hey aprilgail2, are you doing the 11:15 to 1:15 with Captain Marvin's? If so, that is the one we are doing. It is a small world after all.

Yup...thats the one we are on!

OurDogCisco
03-30-2004, 01:05 PM
What time are youo doing the stingrays with Cpt Marvins? We have the 11:15 one booked!

Darn, we are going to miss you. We booked the 10 am one. Our tour includes the Coral Reef snorkel too. I can't wait....

Tina

aprilgail2
03-30-2004, 01:15 PM
Darn, we are going to miss you. We booked the 10 am one. Our tour includes the Coral Reef snorkel too. I can't wait....

Tina

We were going to do the longer one but I will have a 4 year old with me and I think 2-3 hours out there will be enough for her. Plus I figured we would do some shopping and get back on the boat and relax while everyone else is on shore.

msh8675
03-30-2004, 01:24 PM
Where do you see captain marvin? You are talking about the stingray one right?
My daughter and i want to do the stingray and the dolphin excursion.
I know I should book ahead but I wanted to get opinions on the different ones first....
Any ideas?
We are also doing a horseback riding (depending on the price) with Nikki, which i read about in another post. (if she ever emails me back)!!
Well, give me any ideas you have my daugher has been nonstop ranting about the dolphins and the sea lions and so on and so forth!!
thanks.
:smooth:

:wave:

aprilgail2
03-30-2004, 01:27 PM
www.captainmarvins.com

We booked on our own, its cheaper and my 4 year old can come, unlke on the Disney Excursions. I am not sure if you can walk up the same day and go or not. My daughter is to young to do the dolphins and the 14 year old changed her mind and doesn't want to do it.

http://www.dolphindiscovery.com./cozumel.htm

DisneyForLife
03-31-2004, 09:30 AM
Any docs yet?

Some may be showing up soon. I assume if you book through Disney the docs would arrive sooner than booking through an agent. No middle man so to speak. Anyone know if this is how it works? I am just anxious to receive them (as is everyone I'm sure) and booked with an agent so I think mine will take longer.

The wait is almost over.

:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

bossladypu
03-31-2004, 09:38 AM
We got our docs yesterday, yeah!! I don't know if I'm blind or what, but I didn't see a time for our dining seating. I am on a wait list, so I'm hoping that's why I didn't see a time listed or do they list it?

aprilgail2
03-31-2004, 09:48 AM
None for me yet! UPS pulled up in front of my house last night, I got all excited then he walked across the street to my neighbors
:( hopefully tonight they will come!!

OurDogCisco
03-31-2004, 09:51 AM
We got our docs last night TOO!!!! I'm doing the HAPPY DANCE!!!! One step closer to the cruise. I booked through Disney.... Does it take longer if you book through a travel agent like DU? My aunt who is on the same cruise booked through them but hasn't gotten her docs yet.

Tina

msh8675
03-31-2004, 09:53 AM
Well when I booked on/about March 18th thru an online travel agent there was no first seating available. So I went ahead with the second, figuring that was what I wanted anyway...this way not to break up the day.
Heck, as long as I eat and I am on that ship, who really cares what time it is!! You will lose track of time anyway....LOL

:wave:

OurDogCisco
03-31-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by bossladypu
We got our docs yesterday, yeah!! I don't know if I'm blind or what, but I didn't see a time for our dining seating. I am on a wait list, so I'm hoping that's why I didn't see a time listed or do they list it?

You should see on the page labeled CRUISE INFORMATION. In our booklet it is the 6th page in the booklet. Our says under confirmed dining: SECOND... HTH...

bossladypu
03-31-2004, 10:43 AM
OurDogCisco, Thanks for the info. I will look as soon as I get
home tonight. I'm getting so excited. I have to start planning my activities now.

Queenofthecastle
03-31-2004, 11:39 AM
Hi everyone!

We booked ours through Costco and we haven't gotten ours yet. I called and they said the docs should be sent out 2-3 weeks before the cruise. :(

We'll just keep on waiting!

Q

KC22
03-31-2004, 01:54 PM
Got ours yesterday 3-30, regular standard mail..:bounce: :Pinkbounc :wave2:

can't wait to go.. 38 days 2 hours and change.................

ohiominnie
03-31-2004, 02:59 PM
Got home from my kids' weekly YMCA program and they were waiting on my doorstep!! Port Canaveral, here I come.

aprilgail2
03-31-2004, 03:08 PM
Got home from my kids' weekly YMCA program and they were waiting on my doorstep!! Port Canaveral, here I come.

How did they come? UPS, FedEx or snail mail??

OurDogCisco
03-31-2004, 03:10 PM

I know, you didn't ask me but ours were shipped 3 day UPS....

I'm sooooo HAPPY.... By the way, how are you feeling....

Tina

aprilgail2
03-31-2004, 03:20 PM
I know, you didn't ask me but ours were shipped 3 day UPS....

I'm sooooo HAPPY.... By the way, how are you feeling....

Tina

LOL....I meant that to ask anyone...as long as someone tells me lol!

I am feeling pretty good..enjoying staying home for awhile instead of working!

ohiominnie
04-01-2004, 06:14 AM

Sorry, didn't know b/c dh opened them and threw out the trash. But, I dug out the box just for you.....

UPS 3 day select.

HTH!

KC22
04-01-2004, 07:02 AM

They arrived via regular mail.. in a small brown box. :smooth:

goofyguy1958
04-01-2004, 01:30 PM
Just got off the phone with TA and mty documents were in her hands. So, I guess they will be in my hands by Monday when the post man visits. She actually reviewed them over the phone and no upgrade:( . Oh well, if I didn't think we would love our room, I wouldn't have booked it in the first place. And besides, I don't plan on any time in the room other than sleeping time.:tongue: :crazy:

aprilgail2
04-01-2004, 01:33 PM
Sorry, didn't know b/c dh opened them and threw out the trash. But, I dug out the box just for you.....

UPS 3 day select.

HTH!

Thanks, I wasn't sure if it was UPS or FEDEX...last cruise they came fedex......our UPS guy doesn't come until close to 7pm so maybe they will come today!

aprilgail2
04-02-2004, 12:01 PM
Waaaaaaaa no documents yesterday!! Maybe they were holding them off until today to deliver since its my birthday!!

OurDogCisco
04-02-2004, 01:48 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

My aunt who is traveling with us hasn't gotten her docs either. She booked through DU so, I am wondering if that is the hold up....

Hang in there!!!

Leahpie
04-02-2004, 03:12 PM
My travel agent just left a message that he mailed our documents and they should be here Monday. That almost makes our awful weather bearable.

37 more days!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Gotta love it.

Queenofthecastle
04-02-2004, 06:06 PM
Boo hoo, we missed our Fedex guy by 40 minutes! He won't be back until Monday, and I can't pick it up today because I have to work.

We booked through Costco, but the package said it was coming directly from Orlando!

Q

aprilgail2
04-05-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Queenofthecastle
Boo hoo, we missed our Fedex guy by 40 minutes! He won't be back until Monday, and I can't pick it up today because I have to work.

We booked through Costco, but the package said it was coming directly from Orlando!

Q

Did you go get them today?? Still no signs of ours!!

Leahpie
04-05-2004, 01:17 PM
Yep, they arrived on Friday and our DD hid them on us. She was going to surprise us on Easter with them. She started asking me a bunch of questions about the documents and must have gotten nervous about holding onto them so she fessed up and gave them to us Friday night.

If they hadn't arrived by today I would have called the TA to follow up so it's a good thing she handed them over. We had a very busy weekend so I haven't had a chance to read everything yet.

Yours should arrive soon I'm sure.

msh8675
04-05-2004, 03:05 PM
Well I called my TA today (Expedia) and they stated that they should be mailed to THEM from DCL in a week to two weeks. They then look them over and mail them out to us. He stated I should be receiving them approx 2 weeks prior to sailing...
Whatever.....it is not worth the anxiety we need to just forget about them!!!!

nursegardener
04-05-2004, 05:54 PM
Yippee!!!! The docs are here!!! They were sent regular mail directly from Wal-Mart Travel (aka Sam's Club). I am so happy that they arrived early - now I feel like it's almost here!!! Unfortunately we were not upgraded, but since we had an upgrade on our first cruise, I won't cry! We have cabin 7537, cat. 11 with late dinner seating for just the two of us.

Now just waiting to hear from Disney about the REAS reservations. If they've not called by Wed. or Thurs., I'm calling Debbie myself!!

DreaminDisney
04-05-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by nursegardener

Now just waiting to hear from Disney about the REAS reservations. If they've not called by Wed. or Thurs., I'm calling Debbie myself!!
I agree with you. Call Debbie if you don't get a call this week. I called her and booked all our REAS reservations on 2/26 for our May 8th cruise.

goofyguy1958
04-05-2004, 06:15 PM
WAAAAAAAAAAA HOOOOOOOOOOO I got them in my grubby little hands and can't stop reading them!!!! This after a day of taking DW out to the outlets in Lancaster, PA to buy cruise attire for all. We are almost all set for the cruise now, we just need the little things like film, booze, sun screen, booze, motion sickness stuff, booze; oops, I think I am letting on a little. Can you tell, I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :earseek: :teeth:

Queenofthecastle
04-05-2004, 07:20 PM
Our docs arrived Saturday via USPS Priority Mail from Costco! The Fedex package that I thought I had missed on Friday turned out to be something else!

We booked Cat 6 room 6652, no upgrade, can't wait to go! Woo hoo!

Q

KC22
04-06-2004, 07:07 AM
WAAAAAAAAAAA HOOOOOOOOOOO I got them in my grubby little hands and can't stop reading them!!!! This after a day of taking DW out to the outlets in Lancaster, PA to buy cruise attire for all. We are almost all set for the cruise now, we just need the little things like film, booze, sun screen, booze, motion sickness stuff, booze; oops, I think I am letting on a little. Can you tell, I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :earseek: :teeth:

you certainly are NOT ALONE ON THAT ONE:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

msh8675
04-06-2004, 08:35 AM
Congrats to all....I will continue to be patient and hope for an upgrade...I know I know..wishful thinking....

Ok, well....booze? LMBO...That will be the first thing on my list...

Well, it won't be long now!!!

Well, are we planning a cruise meet and if so where are we meeting and when?

DisneyForLife
04-06-2004, 08:51 AM
Hi all, I have been busy and have not been here for a few days. I am so happy to hear the docs are starting to come. I am waiting patiently over here for mine. Four and a half weeks guys, the single digits are right around the corner.
Like the rest of you, I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!

Wishing you all MAGICal Disney days till then.

Katdb
04-06-2004, 09:38 AM
Hi msh8675,

Yes we are planning a cruise, but I haven't set a specific time until people start letting me know their preferences. We decided that there would be an informal meet before the lifeboat drill on the friday at the pool... but since many of us won' tbe able to make it (and it's difficult to have a proper meet at the pool), we will be having another meet on the Monday (sea day).

I don't recognize your dis ID, have you sent me your information yet?

Thanks
Kaighley

msh8675
04-06-2004, 10:23 AM
I have only mentioned that I am interested in meeting some people. I am actually flying out of Boston on the Wednesday before to stay with family and visit WDW...so could meet up somewhere on the ship.
This is my first cruise and I dont' know where a good place would be so I'm sorry for the lack of suggestions...but I thought the lime green was a great idea...and my DD6 has just recently started her pin collection and has only visited WDW once prior to our upcoming in May. However she has had several friends return from trips with pin gifts for her.
I don't have a cabin number assigned yet but I'm sure we will be out and about (poolside) during the later afternoon hours so please keep me informed on whatever you all decide.
Looking forward to our trip I wish I could just take a nap and wake up in May!!
Take care all.
Meesh