PDA

View Full Version : Disney Reward Dollars

chipscinderelly
05-15-2003, 02:58 PM
Has anyone cashed in and used their rewards yet? I have some in my account from last month and didn't know if it was a good idea to cash out a little at a time or to wait until I am almost ready to go to Disney - planning on using the rewards at WDW.

Also - according to the information the dollars can be used on "select merchandise" and at "select locations"... anyone have a list of these locations?

Thanks!

Eilonwy
05-15-2003, 05:18 PM
Nobody seems to have a list of the locations. Even the certs themselves don't have anymore info on them, I'm told. I haven't cashed out yet--but someone here has (I don't know if they've used them yet). I don't have enough to cashout yet, but I was figuring I'd just wait until about 2 months before our trip. But then knowing me, I'll probably cashout once I hit 20.

Remember, you have to have earned 20 pts(dollars) before you can cashout.

Some other things to think about. They claim it takes 6 weeks for the certs/cards to arrive, but I think the person that cashed out got them faster. The points you earn expire 5 years after they're earned. The certs/cards have their own expiration dates, but I can't find any info on when that is.

snwwhite
05-15-2003, 08:38 PM
I cashed out at $20. The certs arrived in 2 weeks. They have the same vague language about "select merchandise and locations". I guess I will find out at the end of June.

chipscinderelly
05-18-2003, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the replies!

Snwwhite - after you head out this summer please post back on any restrictions.

Liv2CdWorld
05-20-2003, 04:36 PM
I've used them last week!! :)

I forgot to use them on our room, but asked if I could have, and they said yes.

I actually forgot to use them when we were buying our AP's, but asked if I could have, they said yes.

We were at Mama Melrose's at MGM and I remembered this time!! I asked and they said no problem.

Worked well. I'm already planning the next trip!

BTW, it took less than 2 weeks for mine to arrive. I think it was 8 days. Also, once you cash them out, the certs expire December of the following year (the certs I had had an expiration of 12/31/04).