PDA

View Full Version : what is best rate for minivan in august?

pokeysmom
05-01-2003, 11:46 AM
I'm late on planning our vacation so I need help, what is the best rate you have gotten or seen on a minivan or possibly full size for beginning of August? I plan on continuing to watch rates but would like to reserve something just in case rates were to go up.

gallaj0
05-01-2003, 03:17 PM
national and alamo have some pretty decent rates, I got 8 days at alamo for about 270 total.I think you can get some for less, (payless shows up) but I like having it in the terminal.

WDWorBUST
05-01-2003, 05:22 PM
Are you renting in Orlando? Or at home and driving? Right now the best rate I can get in Tulsa starting 8/29 going through 9/7 is $491.00 with all taxes and fees. That's with Alamo and unlimited miles. National has a great $179 / week rate I am getting with my DC discount but it only has 1000 miles - that won't even get us to Orlando :D However I have gotten an SUV for $325 that same week with unlimited miles....I am keeping my fingers crossed for a better minivan rate though. We could survive in an SUV but a minivan will be MUCH better. Right now I have them both booked so we can figure it out closer to our dates. Granted I am renting over the Labor Day holiday.

megnsamsgrace
05-01-2003, 05:38 PM
We used the wal mart code on mousesavers for our minivan rental for October (2 weeks) and the total with taxes was $461 with Alamo. It was $180 a week... Steph

OhMari
05-01-2003, 10:37 PM
Call Alamo. I did over Easter and the price was $89. I whined and he said his parent company is National. Gave me the same car for $47. I asked if it is clean or yukky and he said if you don't like it, go back to Alamo.

Car was a blazer. SCORE! National is right in Alamo! Same counter. Will do business any day with National. Didn't even need a credit card to reserve. Just my name and telephone number.

pokeysmom
05-02-2003, 12:48 AM
thanks to all of you for the info-we will be renting in Orlando from 8-1 to 8-18. I went to Alamo and used the Walmart code and it is cheapest so far, $517 before taxes. I am going to continue to watch National and all others hopefully I can get even cheaper rate as we get closer to vacation.

gallaj0
05-02-2003, 09:27 AM
I have recieved an email from Alamo this morning advertising $199 a week minivans nationwide. Give the website a try, use rate code "RD"; if the web site doesn't have the info, PM me, I can forward the email to you.

WDWorBUST
05-02-2003, 05:21 PM
The $199.99 a week rate at Alamo is only good through 6/25/03. Just visit the rental car websites daily and keep your fingers crossed. I have seen tons of good rates advertised through 5/13/03 and then now Alamo through 6/25/03. There's just a better chance of a "good deal" closer to the time you are going. I am hoping that since Alamo has that rate over Memorial Day that I will be as equally lucky over Labor Day. Good Luck getting Great Rates to All!!