PDA

View Full Version : ZW's Journal (posters also welcome :) )

zurgswife
04-28-2003, 10:05 AM
OK...I'm starting this in hopes of getting me through the entire week....I do great for Monday - Thursday and I totally fall apart on Friday to Sunday. It has been sooooo frustrating... I 'm not losing weight because I'm totally adicited to sugar and carbs....I'm starting over today and I'm planning on making it through this weekend.....Maybe if I can Journal publically it might help my get through the really tough cravings....

ANd it's not that I just eat a little somthing >>>>I munch out on everything I can get my hands on....and this weekend I had 2 cokes and I felt like....crap the rest of the weekend...but that didn't stop me.....

I'm going to take it one day at a time this week and will post in my journal to get me through.....

Desiree
04-28-2003, 10:21 AM
I think the cokes have been the hardest thing for me since I started. I know that I can do it though. I have previously went a whole year without any carbonated drink. So I know that it is possible.

I'm hoping that this is going to be the toughest week for me and it's almost over anyways. I've had some pretty bad headaches from the lack of caffiene, but I know in the long run my body and my health will thank me for it!

Best of luck to you! You can do it!!!!

zurgswife
04-28-2003, 03:08 PM
Ok...I'm taking full advantage of this journal thing...

Thanks for the support....

checking in 3pm...Doing well today so far....I think carbs are at zero and Water is at about 40oz....Days seem to be the easiest...so, I'll check in with myself later....

Love ya...Bye...

zurgswife
04-28-2003, 05:43 PM
OK....5:40 craving have begun....Damn just remembered I left dinner on the grill...no wonder I'm hungry....It's not burned....So, me and grilled chicken for dinner with a little sauce...1 tbsp...4 carbs....( I can't eat plain chicken)...OK I'm up to 7 carbs...not too bad....

zurgswife
04-28-2003, 07:56 PM
A few more hours down....cravings have begun again....I'm going to drink more water to help....It doesn't help that my DD's bday cake is still on the counter....trying to get the kids to eat it as quick as possible....Who would have Guessed that 16 12/13 yr olds would only have eaten 3 piecesof cake.....i bought a 1/2 sheet.....So, four days later we still have cake.......but I've been able to skip it all day so I'm hoping for the rest of the night as well.....

WATER, WATER, WATER......

:D :cool:

zurgswife
04-28-2003, 09:55 PM
10pm.....OK...I've almost made it throught the night...YIPPEEE.....

WATER, WATER, WATER

zurgswife
04-29-2003, 07:39 AM
1 day down.....YIPPEEE

I made it through last night. I did have to have some tomato as a snack later in the night but better then 4 or5 pieces of the cake sitting on my counter....

Haven't had breakfast yet but....we will see how the day goes....

TigH
04-29-2003, 07:41 AM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! You made it through the day! Now you know that you CAN DO IT!!! You have to keep that in mind ALLLL day today. Keep telling yourself, "I did it before, I can do it again. I'm living proof that I can choose a healthy tomato over empty calories of cake!"

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lmhall2000
04-29-2003, 03:02 PM
I crack up reading your posts- you sound just like you're in my head!!! I've never been one for alcohol but I used to pour a little champagne glass full of coca-cola and savor the sugar! I haven't had a "real" coke since March and the only advice I have is to just AVOID them like the plague- if I had one then I'd probably have another and another! :)

You're doing great and your attitude is the tops! You can master those carbs!! Strawberries are in good season right now- they are a great sweet reward and I think allowable on the 2nd phase of Atkins- can't remember what you're doing but knew you're cutting back the carbs. Good luck and lots of WISH support headed your way!
Tara

zurgswife
04-29-2003, 04:03 PM
4pm.....I've eaten only exceptablle foods on Atkins......I think I need some water......but soo far so good.....I did eat my low carb (3) candy bar.....Only about 7 more hours in the day....keeping my fingers crossed....

karebear1
04-29-2003, 04:38 PM
If you need sweet, do the sugar free jello! It'll stop those cravings! It helps me a lot. I didn't know the sf candy was ok on induction. I thought it had to be used after??? Do you know for sure?? ALso- Katholyn told me she would just cook up a bunch of bacon every morning and just nibble on that all day for snacks as well. She sent me a list of snacks that were good for induction. If you want- I'll send it to you as well. You sound like me- I don't eat in the morning, but love that food for afternoon and night! KEPP UP THE GOOD WORK- I'm feeling your pain too!!!

Karen

zurgswife
04-29-2003, 07:49 PM
Never thought about the candy bar and not working on Induction...OOOPPSSS.....I'll have to try and find something else..thanks karebear....

Water is my friend....only about 3 hrs to go....:D

glo
04-29-2003, 09:56 PM
You can do it Kimball...just a few more hours. I am about to head to the kitchen for some water too. Try a cheese stick, or cucumbers with dressing. SUgar free jello with real whipped cream is good too....

hugs...you can do it!!!

zurgswife
04-30-2003, 07:07 AM
day 2 YIPPEEE!!!!

Peeked at the Scale this morning ( I refused to weigh-in on Monday)....and it was finally going in the right direction again...

OK...the beginning of another day.....I'll check in later

Glo...I'll find some sugar-free jello...that sounds like a good treat..

zurgswife
04-30-2003, 05:49 PM
Fairly decent day....I break with induction with my carbolite candy bar but it seems to take the edge off my day....todays carb totals are about 6gm....

WATER, WATER, WATER...

glo
04-30-2003, 08:46 PM
Are you doing Alex's challenge? You know you can do upto 20 carbs right? They have not found that no carbs makes people loose weight more than 20 carbs...a few more carbs may help the sweet tooth.

Hugs sweetie...you are doing well...Keep it up :) DO what is best for you and don't worry about anything else!

zurgswife
04-30-2003, 10:39 PM
I've made it through the night....

I'll head off to bed in a few minutes....

zurgswife
05-01-2003, 08:26 AM
OK...had a little slip last night...must have something to do with that growling stomach....and TOM...I just gave in a little....

had a small sugar headache this morning....

but it was such a small slip and it didn't even really put me over total carbs....

Today is still day 3.....YIPPEEE

WATER,WATER, WATER....

zurgswife
05-01-2003, 10:22 PM
Looks like another day down...haven't been really hungry today...but I'll managed to make sure I eat 3 meals at least....

Looks like another day under my belt....

zurgswife
05-02-2003, 06:33 AM
Day 4 and the scale is still moving in the right direction.....:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Today starts the beginning of my difficult period...THE WEEKEND.....

My focus is going to be on water like the other days, and the fact that I really do feel better....

zurgswife
05-02-2003, 08:40 PM
OK...8:40 pm.....I guess I'm not a true inductionest.....I had a glass of wine tonight....but I didn't cheat or feel the need to in any other manner.....If I can get throught the next 2.5 hrs...I've finally got one weekend night under my belt without any sever cheating.....

WATER, WATER, WATER.....

zurgswife
05-03-2003, 08:55 AM
I made through my late night Poptart/Milk craving without eating anything.....YIPPEEE One night down 2 to go...

I think I need to get breakfast before I go for the lucky charms...;) ;)

zurgswife
05-04-2003, 08:22 AM
OK....I've decided to judge this weekends success by last weeks failure...;) ;) ;) That said.....

Friday did well except for that glass of wine....which was much better then the candy, cake and coke that I had last weekend...

Saturday did very well UNTIL 11:30pm when I brought my kids home from the play ..the poptart fairy attacked..:( :( :( .....but tha was it......which was why better then last saturday....lots of cake, coke, mega candy, cheesecake and glass of wine....

So, all in all I have been success thus far in the weekend because I have done better then the previous ones...That's what I strive for bettering myself not beating my self up....

karebear1
05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
And, the way you are looking at it is a very healthy way! Good for you for cutting back! You should take great pride in your ability to resist what you have this weekend! Next weekend will be better for you too. And it will become easier and easier to resist. Think of the amount of will power you had to be able to accomplish what you did this weekend!!! I'm so proud of you! Good going!

zurgswife
05-05-2003, 09:07 AM
It's Monday morning weigh in and I am down 10 lbs....YIPPEE.....picked up my clippie.....YIPPEEE.....

It will make this week go easier I hope.....

But I have decided already in celebration for last weekend, getting my clippie and up coming Mother's day....On Sunday Mother's day when we go to KK and get the doughnuts and my mother day's special T-shirt at KK.... I will get to eat 1 doughtnut....That way I know this week I will have to be more deligent in the rest of the week and weekend to be able to do this without guilt.....

zurgswife
05-06-2003, 07:30 AM
Still going...I'm trying to set a goal of adding regular exercise in the mix this week....

zurgswife
05-09-2003, 07:20 AM
It is now May 9th the weekend has begun.....but I've had a really great week and yesterday was especially great....So, I'm going into the weekend with an aire of confidence....

Besides I'm a scale watcher and this morning the scale was lower then it has ever been in 7 yrs.....I realize my official weigh in isn't until Monday am...but if I can maintain and continue to exercise I'm hoping that my OFFICIAL weight will be that low..:D :D :D :D

I purchased Winsor yesterday and I'm planning on starting that today also....

So, here is to crossed fingers and toes.....:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

zurgswife
05-17-2003, 01:17 PM
Time to begin again...officially...May 17, 2003....I want to lose 20lbs....my short term goal is 10lbs by July 4th...that is about 7 weeks away....

I'm going to try to get Zurg into the game also...see if we can work together....

zurgswife
05-20-2003, 10:35 AM
OK I've gotten back on track...eating closer to plan and have begun exercising....Winsor Pilates yesterday and today...hopefully later to day i'll also walk on the treadmill....but it's a good start to the next 10 lbs....for my Jul 4th goal...

zurgswife
05-22-2003, 09:31 PM
OK...9:30 pm and todays carb total is a whopping 12 carbs and I exercised today....YIPPEE....only 1.5 hrs until bed...I think I'm going to make today....

zurgswife
05-23-2003, 07:45 AM
I'm back in my groove...well at least for 1 day....starting out with day two....I didn't exercise cause my muscles were sore...I'll maybe try a little weight lifting this afternoon....

Unoffical weighin gives me hope....we well have to see what happens on Monday...:D :D :D

zurgswife
05-23-2003, 08:38 PM
Looks like for the second day I will finish the day with 6 carbs....YIPPEEE......can't wait for the weigh in on Monday...my be I will have changed my direction with the scale...

zurgswife
05-25-2003, 10:05 AM
OK Sunday am...bad back but I've only had Atkins OK food.....So, if I can make it through today...

zurgswife
05-26-2003, 06:28 PM
OK the weekend wasn't perfect but it was the best weekened I've had yet.....the pounds aren't quite back to my 10lb clippie...(ouch am' I aloud to admit that...)but they have started going in the right direction...only 1lb to go....I'm hoping next week I will be well on my way to the 15lb clippie...

zurgswife
05-27-2003, 07:41 PM
Back is still really bad but the eating is great....now if I could just exercise I think I'd start losing weight again...:(

zurgswife
06-07-2003, 06:08 AM
I'm doing really good the stuck scale is inching in the right direction...I'm really hoping to stay on track this weekend and weigh on monday and pick up another clippie (one can dream):D :D :D