PDA

View Full Version : Desiree's Journal - (Posts welcome)

Pages : [1] 2

Desiree
04-25-2003, 09:48 AM
I havent gone out and bought that scale yet so I dont quite know what my starting weight is. I plan on going out and getting one today. I just need to know where I'm at to start this.

I officially started my diet on Sunday, April 20th. I have been drinking water (lots of it), juice, milk or smoothies since then. I am trying to drink about 100 oz. of H20 a day if at all possible. Which I've been able to do so far.

I've been eating mainly salads, crackers, fruit. I'm leary of any diet plans because I am a picky eater anyway. :(

This is what I ate yesterday..... Crackers and an apple for lunch.

Last night had a small salad and a chicken pot pie.

If I get cravings for snacks I usually munch on crackers or fruit.

This morning I've done about 20 lunges, 20 squats and 20 sit-ups. Each day I'm going to try to increase the number that I do by 5. By the way, what are some good exercizes for the upper body and arms? I need to work on them as well. Any ideas and tips would be appreciated!!!

I'm about to go jog. Starting out slowly of course. This is my first "real" day of exercising!!! I'm eager to start. I may attempt some push ups too but forsee that going very badly LOL!!!

I will post my weight once I find a scale.

Desiree'

Desiree
04-25-2003, 10:00 AM
Here's a little about my background.... to give you an idea of where I've come from and where I want to be.

I was born severely premature and have been really underweight most of my life. I dont remember what my weight was back then. (I really didnt care or even think about it at the time), but When I was in 8th Grade I know I wore a size "0". Way to small looking back on it now.

By the time I graduated from High School, I was a size 3-4. I may have gotten up to a size 6 before I got pregnant at the age of 19.

Once I did get pregnant... I made the worst mistake anyone could possibly do. I stopped moving or doing anything. Not to blame it on morning sickness, but I was really bad off with it and didnt have any energy to do anything. I ended up gaining ALOT of weight during my pregnancy. 50 lbs I believe it was. After giving birth to Devyn, I SQUEEZED into a size 12.

At my worst, during a bad marraige I weighed 180 or more and was wearing a size 18. After Ex and I divorced, I managed to get down to about 158 and then I plateaued. I was a size 14 and was very pleased but then got back in to poor eating habits again and I'm back to a size 16 currently. I want to see myself in single digit sizes again!!!

Desiree'

Desiree
04-26-2003, 08:14 AM
Breakfast: A Hard Boiled Egg, 5 Crackers and a piece of fruit

Lunch/Supper: Chicken and Rice casserole and (gulp!) 2 Brownies. :(

The previous post listed what exercises I did yesterday. I didnt manage to go jog yesterday but I did mow the entire lawn without the riding mower. I push-mowered the whole thing! And suprisingly I'm not too sore today.

Still no scale yet..... I really want to see a starting point.

Oh well, off to exercise and get my morning water.

Best of luck to everyone today! I need to go work off those brownies now!!!!

Des

Desiree
04-26-2003, 09:31 AM
And I must say I'm pleasently surprised.... I thought I was more than that. But hey, I still have a ways to go.

Starting point from today forward.........

169/169/130

Desiree
04-27-2003, 10:07 AM
Well I know I'm only supposed to weigh once a week, but I hoped on there this morning after the first bathroom trip of the morning and I've shed a pound from yesterday!!!! I will try to resist the temptation of the scale until my once a week weigh in from now on.

Yesterday,
25 sit-ups, 25 squats. Unfortunately that was it for exercise :(

Breakfast: Nothing
Lunch: Grilled Chicken Ceasar w/ 1 1/2 yeast rolls
I wasn't really hungry for dinner until I got off work at 12:45 am, and by then the only things open were fast food. Sooooo I caved in and ate a cheesburger. (But I didnt get any fries).

Today so far...
25 sit-ups ( can't quite do more than that in one sitting just yet), about to do lunges and squats and attempt the bloody push ups again. I have to work during the day today so I'm hoping when Chris and I get home from work this evening that we will go jog tonight.

I plan on going to Fazzoli's today to get a Chicken Fettucini Alfredo for lunch. And I'm going to treat myself to a smoothie this morning too.

Desiree'

TigH
04-27-2003, 10:19 AM
http://www.muscleandfitnesshers.com/hers/062502/strength_train.html

Follow that link for some good information on working out your upper body (well, all of you!) ;) You have a great attitude! Don't forget to give your body a rest between workouts though. If you do lunges and squats every day you might not see the results you want. It's a good idea to give your muscles a break between workouts, so maybe try doing lunges and squats on Mondays and then again on Thursday (just an example). I'd hate to see you doing all this hard work and then not see your body change as much as you'd like it to.

When I started lifting weights, I worked the same body parts every day. I felt like I was doing something good for my body, but I didn't see the results I wanted. A friend of mine who is a gym rat (has a great bodybuilder body) told me to not train each body part every day, but to spread things out. It took me a while to get used to that idea, but it worked! Now I just have to get back into that part of my exercise routine! Good luck!!!

Desiree
04-27-2003, 10:39 AM
TigH!!!

Wow, I guess I never thought of that. It sounds reasonalbe though. I will give it a whirl this week. Thanks for the tip and the link! I'm about to go check it out now.

Des

Desiree
04-28-2003, 07:51 AM
Well I did better eating yesterday. I've finally gotten to the point where I'm not starving and I seem to be eating a considerable amount less than I was before. I think the water is helping.

No sit=ups, etc. for me today with my neck. It's not as bad as it was yesterday but it is still hurting pretty badly.

B - nothing
L - Baked Chicken Fettucini
D - Chicken and rice

Dessert - one small piece of choc. cake that Dev won at a fair this weekend. It needs to hurry up and disappear from the house!!! Honestly, I dont even have much of a desire for it.

I really hope the weight will start coming off. (sigh) I hate not seeing results.

I *might* go try to play tennis today while Dev is in school. I have some problems trying to motivate Chris to do any exercise with me. I dont want to sit around all day but I dont want to go anywhere by myself either. I can't afford a gym membership right now also. Chris did mention to me last night that he wants to lose some weight too so maybe he's found his motivation.

Desiree
04-29-2003, 08:40 AM
Ok so I'm still holding steady at 168. I've accepted the fact that I cant hide my scale from myself. So I guess I'm doing daily weigh ins.

Yesterday wasn't great but at least I didnt gain any.

B - Peanut butter and jelly sandwich w/ 1 tbsp of jelly
L - Hamburger (no bread)
D - Uggh, here's where I did bad. I planned on eating my salad last night, but the kids at work did so well with the sneak preview and selling combos I bought pizza for them and helped myself to 3 dang slices! :( At least they were small ones. (sigh)

But I did do well on my water.

Today will be a different story. I started off with a banana and at some point today I'm going to drive to my mom's house and use her treadmill.

Desiree
04-30-2003, 08:01 AM
Uggh, what am I doing wrong?!? I am still at 168. I hate not seeing results. Maybe the fat is just turning into muscle so I'm holding steady. I have got to start jogging. Maybe then I'll start seeing other results.

Yesterday,
B - Banana
L - Ham and Cheese Sand.
D - Sm. portion of Chicken and dumplings.

No snacks in between and alot of water yesterday. I did have two small sips of Chris's coke at Devyns game last night. Other than that I did manage to avoid the temptation of donuts. A whole dozen of them. I didnt have one bite.

Exercise wise, I tried those new sit ups suggested and some suggested by a co-worker. Feet up in the air and doing crunches. Man, those were hard. But I do see where they will help. I did 3 sets of 12 of those. I also got a sturdy chair and did dips by extending my feet and pushing up and down. I will go and get some dumbells to start working my arms. (Chris says we already have two dumbells.... buzz and grendel *the dogs*) LOL

Somehow I dont think they would like me doing lunges and working on my arms with them.... :rolleyes:

Ok back to my sulking......

Maybe tonight we will finally get to go jog.

(sigh)

Des

Desiree
05-01-2003, 07:27 AM
Back up to 169. :( I'm getting very discouraged about all this. But I vow not to give up. I know this is the right thing for me to do.

Yesterday, I didnt do bad at all. I did sit ups, lunges, squats. I bought some dumbells and worked on my arms. And we even got to go jog a wee bit. Of course, I couldn't do much. But I started out jogging 1/2 a mile and walking 1 1/2 miles. I dont anticipate that we'll be able to go jog tonight. I work until 6, and then we've got Devyn's softball game, and then I have to go back to work for 10:00 pm for inventory. :( I hope at some point we'll be able to squeeze it in somehow.

Yesterdays food:

B- Banana
L- Chicken Caesar Salad
D - 1 slice of pizza and 3 cheesy breadsticks

:confused: What am I doing wrong?!?!

TigH
05-01-2003, 08:27 AM
Hang in there!!!!

Do you think it's possible to have your larger meal earlier in the day? Maybe just have more at lunch and less at dinner?

What about scrambling some egg whites for breakfast instead of the banana? :) I hated egg whites a long time ago, so I would use one egg white and one whole egg, then two egg whites and one whole egg, then eventually went with just egg whites. Maybe you could have some turkey bacon and egg whites and a small piece of wheat toast for breakfast? I know alot of people don't like to eat early in the morning, but I love breakfast and like to think I'm stoking the fires of my metabolism early in the day! :)

You can do it!!!

lmhall2000
05-01-2003, 01:43 PM
I have to admit- I think we were raised by the same family! All the foods you listed you ate are my all-time favorites- all starchy veggies are my faves and love pizza, alfredo, dumplings- but ya gotta cut these down some. I saw where you bought slim-fast- I agree that they're way too high in CARBS but it's working for me- but just use them to help you shrink your appetite for awhile- this really helped me.

Add more raw veggies- I can't stand cooked carrots/spinach/bell peppers- but I can eat them raw- a good salad to try is spinach leaves, strawberries, and almonds with a raspberry vinegarette. Very tasty. If I eat bread I eat it at lunch and slimfast breakfast and dinner- I think this has really helped me- and I ONLY eat whole wheat bread- the kind that lists whole wheat flour as its first ingredient.

Drink lots of water and try to add more protein into your diet- deviled eggs are good, turkey salads, salmon steaks are great broiled with dill sauce, steak, you name it!

But I think the key to consistent weight loss is moving for more than 30 minutes a day. Due to the Alex challenge I had to bump it up to an hour today! But I could really feel my metabolism pumped up for several hours after the walk-- I walk as fast as I can for as long as I can- an hour is about my limit. I do this 6x a week. Crunches and all are great but they don't get the larger muscles working (legs, derrier) these are your buddies- if you get them hot for an hour a day they'll carry those pounds right off you!

Hope this helps!! You listed my favorite veggies! corn, Carrots, green beans and potatoes- try to slip in some red peppers, scallions, purple onions anything- you might find you like some of them!!
It's hailing here got to get off the computer!!!!
Tara

Desiree
05-02-2003, 08:04 AM
Thanks Tara,

I am planning on getting out there and moving more for sure. Problem is that I woke up with a very sore throat and I'm hoarse. :( I think I need to take it easy today.

I didnt gain anything from yesterday, still at 169.

B- Banana
L - Slim Fast and 3 carrot sticks
D - Sm. portion of Hamburger Helper.

I've been doing alot of thinking since my other post. I've thought about each and every posters suggestions. I am going to cut back on the fruit and the crackers for sure, but as far as everything else, I think *I* just need to eat sensibally. (sp?) I will just watch the calories myself and start educating myself more on what is healthy and what is not. Water is not a problem, I've been drinking a ton of water a day. I just need to get out there and move. I'm not so sure I could just stick to one type of program without getting sick of other stuff. So I think if I just cut back on the stuff I already am eating right and check into the light cooking recipes and such I should *hopefully* be ok.

On the positive note, I must be doing something right, as a few of the pants that are usually cutting into me are fitting nicely now. And my legs are getting really strong too. My body is sore so something must be working somehow!

Des

lmhall2000
05-02-2003, 08:26 AM
That reminds me- with your pants feeling nicer- you might want to take measurements every 2 weeks- I know I'll have weeks where I won't move the scale but it is encouraging to see my inches going down- I measure my arms, thighs, waist, hips (yuck!) and my chest- in two weeks I was down 5.5 inches! Somehow I gained 1/2 inch in my calves- blech- starting to look like Popeye! But this really helps me stay motivated!
You're doing great!! I think when eating sensibly- portion control and moving more are key- you can't lose with that combination.

Keep us updated- reading other's journals really keeps me on target and encourages me so much!
Tara

Desiree
05-03-2003, 08:19 AM
Well I fell off the wagon yesterday.

My day started out good enough. I had nothing for breakfast. Wasn't really hungry. Then Chris and I went to see X-Men 2 at 10:30. All I had there was water! Afterwards we ran alot of errands and by the time the car was in the shop to get our a/c fixed, we were beginning to get a little hungry so we opted for the vending machine. :( I got a sprite and a milky way. I did manage to not drink all the sprite, only 2/3's of it. That was my first carbonated drink in 2 weeks. We knew we were going out to eat later on yesterday evening so we didnt want to eat anything big for lunch.

So, after more errands in our nice cool car, it was time to get ready to go meet up with some of our friends at On The Border and then go see Identity. They had a Cinco De Mayo special running where there margarita's were only $2.00 a piece. Uggh, I had 2. I ate a Chimichanga, fried rice and beans.

Today doesn't look like it's going to be much better. We're about out the door to go to a Festival that they're having downtown. Then after that looking at some houses, and then I have to be at work for 6 to boot.

The even worse news is that I'm still sick. Not as bad off as yesterday was, but still pretty bad. I think I've got laryngitis.

I think I may call this my lost weekend. To paraphrase John Lennon's Lost Weekend. (sigh)

Well the good news is that I am holding steady at 169. Hopefully I'll feel better soon and be back to full force with the exercising. Off to get my water and try to do a few crunches for now until time to go.

Desiree
05-04-2003, 09:23 AM
Well, considering that I did so crappy on Friday, I had a much better day yesterday.

B - nothing
L - Pot roast, w/ steamed veggies plus one bite of Devyn's cheesecake
D- Here's where it went bad, I was not hungry at the *normal* eating hours for dinner, but after I got off work last night I was ravenous. Taco Bell was beaconing. :( I ate 2 Cheesy Crunchy Gorditas.

Didn't do as well on my water as in previous days plus I did manage to walk (not a good pace though), but we went to a festival that was downtown. And then we went to look at houses, and then it was time for work. So I was basically moving around all day long.

On the plus side, I'm feeling a little better. Still stopped up though.

This morning I weighed............. (drumroll) 167!

Desiree
05-05-2003, 07:08 AM
Still holding steady at 167. I'm pleased with that since I've been off the exercise wagon since Thursday. I'm still a little stuffy but I can't wait any longer. I will do my exercises today.

Yesterday was ok, but not great.

B- Boiled Egg
L- Subway Turkey Sand. w/ light mayo & pickles on wheat bread. No chips!
S-Leftover Hamburger Helper. Very small portion

Other than that I'm rarin to get back and do stuff today. Hope the wheater cooperates!

Des

lmhall2000
05-05-2003, 07:13 AM
2 pounds!!! That's awesome- but sorry you're not feeling well! Also looking at your diet, I would make two recommendations- always eat something at breakfast within an hour to when you wake up- it jump starts your metabolism- a boiled egg and a piece of toast would be fine and easy- also try and sneak in a fruit snack between meals- this keeps your body from entering "starving" mode and keeps your blood sugar stable. These are just recommendations but I feel much better making myself eat that piece of fruit mid morning and mid afternoon! And yes especially if you're sick water yourself up! :) You're doing great!!!!!
Tara

Desiree
05-05-2003, 07:17 AM
Tara,
Thanks for the suggestions! You know what is weird though... I havent been hungry in between meals though!! I usually do eat fruit here and there, (just need to go to the grocery store LOL).

And water has been the drink of choice. I dont even crave cokes anymore. I'm so proud of that! It's been easy once my headaches have gone.

Desiree
05-07-2003, 07:45 AM
Well I had a bad couple of days, but when I weighed this morning i was at 165!?! I have no idea how. But why is it when I get back on the scale 5 minutes later, it goes back to the dreaded 167? I usually weigh immidately after using the bathroom first thing in the morning.

Desiree
05-13-2003, 08:58 AM
holding steady at 166. And I had a terrible dieting weekend! This weekend doesn't look more promising. 2 weekends in a row I've got weddings so with all the rehearsals & various other festivities it's been a baaad week.

Desiree
09-08-2003, 11:16 AM
:(

Ok, so I've been avoiding this place like the plaque for the past few months. I've lost all will and determination. Last time I checked, I'm back up at 174.

I just finished watching Rock Bodies: From Fat to Fab on VH1 and now I'm more depressed than ever. I've noticed that I'm now eating when I'm bored. I'm constantly nibbling on things.

I want to desperately join a gym. I really think that I need someone pushing me to do this. I obviously dont have what it takes to do this on my own. The problem is that I can't afford one right now. And because I can't afford one I just have no motivation to do anything.

I need help.

DoeWDW
09-08-2003, 02:23 PM
Desiree {{ hugs }} to you!! I'm sorry that you're feeling so down at the moment. Could you commit to something small, like walking around the outside of the house once a day? Just a little something to get you moving? You know, you don't have to run a marathon or anything, just set a very small goal.

I nibble when I'm unhappy and it is SO HARD to stop that kind of emotional eating. Maybe that's what you're going through. You can do this. You DO have what it takes, Desiree, but you may need to take baby steps for a while. Eat just one healthy meal a day for a week. Then make it two healthy meals for the next week. Pretty soon you'll be back on track and feeling much better about yourself.

Also, keep posting to your journal, even during the bad times. We're here for you, whether to celebrate the good times or help you through the bad times.

I'll keep checking back here to see how you're doing.

Remember, baby steps are OK!

Desiree
09-09-2003, 08:10 AM
Thanks for your words of kindness Doreen.

Today is a new day. I'm going to recommit myself to doing this.

Had a piece of toast and 1 boiled egg so far.

I'm going today to join our local YMCA. I can make it work financially. I was just using it as an excuse before. Hopefully I can get with a trainer today as well to show me how to do everything.

Desiree
09-11-2003, 07:30 AM
172 Today! Headed in the right direction anyways.

I joined the Y yesterday and went to the new member orientation thingy. After I get Devyn to school I'll go on the treadmill for a bit I think. My fitness evaluation is scheduled for Monday then they'll set up a personal workout just for me.

All I've been drinking is water, juice or milk. And have been eating cautiously. Going to the bathroom like crazy too! I guess that's a good thing!

IrishAngel
09-11-2003, 08:24 AM
Ok you're so like me it's scary. I go on a healthy eating program, have a few setbacks, weigh myself after a month, and start all over again. Except this time i'm going to do it.
One of the things inspiring me (and depressing me a little) is thinking that if i had stuck to the plan the first time i decided to lose weight I would be at my ideal weight bout 3 years ago!
I also went through the scales thing, even weighted myself the same time of day as you. Up down, up, down, up, you know what it's like. I eventually decided that home scales just don't work that well and started using a reliable scales in a shop that cost $1 each time. It really works better. Now i don't even think bout the home scales.
The only advise i can give is stay with it. Yes you'll have setbacks but such is life. Just make the best choices you can every day and try to just weigh yourself once a week wearing the same clothes. I know your not following any specific programme but you could try counting calories for a while, just to make sure your keeping on track.
You CAN do this.

Desiree
09-11-2003, 10:08 AM
Thanks IrishAngel! I feel pretty determined this time. Of course, I've said that every time too though. But I know the only way I'm going to see any goal is by doing it myself, watching my food intake and exercising.

Best of luck to you with your weight loss.

Desiree
09-15-2003, 07:52 AM
Well I go in for my fitness assessment today at noon. I'm not looking forward to this. I dont need them to tell me I'm fat. :( I know it's better for me in the long run to know where my starting point is. After today they'll set up my appointment with a trainer. Soooo this is the week. I've been eating pretty well all weekend. Only one slipup with a doughnut Saturday morning at our employee meeting. Other than that been doing well with my no cokes rule.

Des

DoeWDW
09-17-2003, 08:30 AM
Desiree, how did your fitness evaluation go??

Be careful about your attitude - this is NOT "just another attempt to get thinner". This is the first step in being healthier. The weight loss is just a nice side effect of doing those things that make your body healthier, like eating right and exercising. Every time you make a good choice to exercise or eat healthy food, you are choosing to love yourself and take good care of yourself. You're getting healthier for you and for all those around you who love you, like Devyn & Chris.

Take good care of yourself, Desiree, and let us know how it's going!!

Desiree
09-19-2003, 11:27 AM
Ok I've managed to survive the assessment and my first training session! I have to admit, when the training session was over, I was a little sad. I wanted to keep working! This is a major development! I'm so excited. I'm going back tonight with Devyn and we're going to swim.

My trainer, Jennifer, didnt quite get to do everything we had hoped. There is a fitlinx system there that she was going to set me up on but their computers were down this morning. I'll go back Monday morning to get put in the system. But she showed me all the machines and how to properly use them.

My goal......

5 days a week to the gym. M - F. Tues & Thurs. weight training & cardio. M, W, & F just cardio.

Breakfast this morning. Just a boiled Egg and some orange juice. By now I'm usually starving. I'm not even hungry right now.

I am contemplating doing something also like Atkin's. I'm about to start researching it to see what I need to do.

ANYHOO... I'm excited! (I may feel sore tomorrow, but I'm actually looking forward to that too!) I know I'm doing something right for once!

DoeWDW
09-21-2003, 03:07 PM
Desiree, you go girl!!! I can just hear the excitement in your post! You may have to work up to every day. If you're too sore, don't quit but talk to your trainer about scheduling a rest day here and there.

Keep us posted!!

Desiree
09-22-2003, 07:31 AM
Thanks Doreen!

I'm going in this morning to finish getting put into the fitlinx system. After that, uggh, I have to go and order the cake for my mom's birthday party tonight! (Why do I always wait to the last minute on things!)

But I'm hoping to do cardio and weight training today. I think the yoga classes are tomorrow too so I may look into going to do that.

Desiree
09-28-2003, 08:20 AM
Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. My big news for the week is.....................

MY SHINY NEW 5 LB. CLIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been doing just as I'd hoped at the gym. Tues. & Thurs. Cardio and sit-ups. Mon., Wed., & Fri. Cardio and weights. I managed to get in (albieit only 30 minutes worth) of laps at the pool. And I've been trying to eat better.

This gym thing is addictive! And the thing I LOVE about the YMCA is that there isn't any pressure to look like a 120 pounder. There are people of all shapes and sizes there just trying to do the right thing and exercise for a healthier lifestyle. This is the best investment I've made in a long time!

It's my day off from the gym and I want to go and work out!!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

DoeWDW
09-29-2003, 08:12 AM
Desiree, you look BEAUTIFUL in that shiny new clippie AND that wonderful healthy ATTITUDE!! I bet you are just glowing!!

I'm so glad you're enjoying the Y and all that healthy exercise! Doesn't it feel so good to move??? Finding a way to fit exercise into your life is key to getting healthier and you're doing a wonderful job! The results are starting to show!!

HOORAY!!!! Have a wonderful day, Desiree!!

Desiree
09-30-2003, 07:57 AM
Phew.. I was only able to do 15 minutes on the cardio machine thingy today. Yesterday I went twice. Once in the morning for 20 min & the afternoon for 20 more with my weight training afterwards.

I've put on a bit of weight. 2 lbs to be exact, but I'm not fretting as that may be muscle.

I may go back for a bit this afternoon and do something else cardio before going to work tonight.

Desiree
03-11-2004, 09:46 AM
We'll I'm back here again. I know exactly where my downfall began. I was going so well. My friend Cristi and her son came down in October and ended up staying with us for about 3 weeks. She's going through a nasty divorce and basically left her husband in Chattanooga. In all my dealings with her and assisting her with what I could, I pretty much stopped everything. Going to the gym eating right, etc.

So now, I've topped my maximum weight ever. I was 188. The other day I weighed and am down to 186. Needless to say I am very depressed. None of my clothes fit. I've been going back to the gym regularly for about a week now. Chris joined up with me and has been going also. That's a great incentive. I just feel like I'm going through all the motions again. I'm so sick of this. Why oh why can't I ever stick to something and see it through?

I guess I needed to reread all my other posts too. So anyways, here I am again. :(

Des

Desiree
03-11-2004, 10:11 AM
I guess I should post my "new" goal just so I can see it out there looming.

188/188/130

I've got to throw away all the girl scout cookies at my house!!!

And I will say that I havent had a coke in over a week. Only water, milk, juices and gatorade for me. That doesnt seem to be too hard of a hurdle since I've laid off the cokes alot before. I get to where I dont even miss them after a while.

marsh0013
03-11-2004, 11:41 AM
hey desiree, i haven't had a chance to read through your whole journal yet, but i wanted to pop in and say hi :wave2:

good for you for getting back on track, i know it can be very hard to start over again once you've fallen off the wagon. but you can do it! it looks like you've made the commitment, now all you have to do is stick to it.

i'm going to try to read through your journal today, and hope to return later.

have a great day today :sunny:

DoeWDW
03-11-2004, 01:15 PM
Desiree, welcome back!! You knew we'd all still be here to welcome you with open arms, right? That's what WISH buddies are for!

Good for you for recommitting to your goal. I know it isn't easy but every day you have a new opportunity. The road will have occasional bumps and detours but you've found your way back and now you can start to live the healthy life again. You'll feel much better after you've got a few days under your belt!

Glad you're back on the journey with us!! :sunny:

Desiree
03-11-2004, 01:38 PM
Thanks Marcia and Doreen. I know the weight wont come off until I start working at it. I know where I need to go and get to.

Thanks for your support! It really does mean alot!
(I've got alot of catching up to do myself on everyone's journals too).

Best of luck to you both as well.

Des

tkd lisa
03-11-2004, 02:50 PM
Hi Desiree, I wasn't here last year when you started, but boy I'm glad you decided to come back. It takes a lot of courage to come back and post in your same journal. Kudos to you! I'm thinking I would have just started a new one instead of facing that old one. But take the chance to look at what went right in your last journal, and focus on those things.

BTW, your daughter is very cute!

Desiree
03-11-2004, 03:02 PM
Thanks so much TKD Lisa!

Yea, Devyn is another reason I want to get back into shape. She's starting softball again this year, and I really would like to be able to be there and help her and NOT get tired or worn out in the process.

Trust me it was very daunting reading over my prior posts. I thought I was big when I started this. Now I've managed to add 10 more pounds! Boy is that a waker-upper.

Desiree
03-12-2004, 08:29 AM
Well yesterday I didnt do so bad, well, with the execption of a baby shower we had at work during lunch. I did fairly well with my water too. Trying to drink 64 + ounces a day. I did scarf down a small helping of banana pudding at the baby shower but for supper we had baked fish and 2 small baked potatoes.

Chris and I also did our full exercises last night. I walked 1.75 miles (I feel like I can do more) and did my weight training. Tonight it will just be the cardio.

I did have a weak moment this morning already though. I forgot my nutrigrain bar at home and had to make an emergency stop at the vending machine. Which, by the way, is FILLED with nothing but evil things. I ended up with M&M Peanuts. 250 calories. I've already started on my water and when my break gets here I'm going to try to make a few laps around our building.

So other than the M&M's I'm hoping to have a good day.

Our scale broke at home so I need to go out and get another one. I did check last night at the gym and that one said 186.5 but my Aunt Flo is leaving so I'm hoping it will go down a bit after all the bloating subsides.

toystoryduo
03-12-2004, 09:37 AM
Desiree~ Hi there! I haven't had a chance to read through your journal yet, but I just wanted to stop in and thank you for your encouragement in my journal. These days, I feel like I need all of the encouragement I can get and your post put a smile on my face this morning. Thank you!:teeth: I hope that you have a wonderful day today!:Pinkbounc

Tracy:wave2:

Desiree
03-12-2004, 09:42 AM
No problem Tracy! We all could use some encouragement from time to time! Hope you have a great and relaxing day!

Strings
03-12-2004, 10:20 AM
Hi Desiree,

I just finished your journal. You are very brave to come back. Welcome back and I'm proud of you. The whole weightloss thing takes ALOT of time. Yo've had a blip, but now you are back. Congratulations. I'll keep an eye out for your journal. Thanks for the encouragement on mine. Keep up the good work.
Beth

vald1977
03-12-2004, 10:24 AM
:wave2: Hi Desiree,
I just finished reading through your journal as well and wanted say welcome back :D ! Your daughter sure is a cutie.

Desiree
03-12-2004, 10:27 AM
Thanks Strings and Vald. It's good to be back!!

LAinSEA
03-12-2004, 09:01 PM
Desiree:

Just finished catching up on your journal.

You and I must have the same body type and slow metabolism. I'm a lose 2 lbs, gain gack 6 person (off Atkins). Hey baby, if I can slowly lose weight - then you can slowing lose weight. We'll do it together.

My biggest problem is getting in my excercise - I have a few good weeks and then life gets in the way and I'm struggling to find the time and energy all over again. Eating on plan is easy now - a habit. I need to make excercise the same. Do you still go to the "Y"?

From looking at your menus, it looks to me like you might not be giving yourself enough food. In my case, I'm not much of a breakfast fan - but if I get something down before noon it makes a huge difference in my energy level and appetite for the rest of the day. I also try to eat something every 2-3 hours during the day. This way I avoid getting too hungry or having a low-blood sugar spell. I've learned the hard way that cutting back and cutting back and cutting back some more only slows my metabolism down so much that I can gain weight on 800-900 calories a day! On Atkins, I'm rarely hungry but I do watch portion size - especially on those foods with a carb count. I carry prepacked snacks with me (oz. packages of nuts and sometimes string cheese) - that way I avoid the vending machine at work.

You have to find the plan that works for you. But I do believe there is definitely a link between eating the "white" carbs and gaining weight. A good way to find out if you are sensitive to these things is just try to go a week without the white flour, potatos, rice, pasta & refined sugar. Don't worry about how much you eat of everything else and just see if the scale moves in the right direction.

take care!
-Laurie

:sunny:

myhandd
03-13-2004, 01:33 AM
Hey Desiree,

Thanks so much for posting in my journal. Weight really can be a struggle. Just think of your diet as one day struggles. Just try to make it to the end of the day. Tomorrow set the same goal. I never would have dreamed I could have lost the weight I have. I noticed you have given up soft drinks. I feel that is one of the best things that I have done. My wife says that Cokes just kept me bloated all the time. Really try to suck that water down. You can mix a diet drink in occassionally. Some of my faves are Diet Sprite and another one I have discovered is Minute Maid Lite...It has 2 carbs, but the taste is wonderful and it is a nice pick me up two or three times per week when the taste buds need it.

We were in Baton Rouge a week or two ago. I really love the town, that was our third trip. While I bleed Blue, I have an affinity for LSU especially in Baseball and Football (as UK doesn't seem to know how to win in those two).

While we were in town, we went to the State Capital. I really wanted to see where Huey P. Long was assasinated. I wrote my freshman English research paper on him. I have to say the inside of your Capital building is gorgeous. We went to the top (26th floor I believe) and got to see up and down the Miss. River. Also got to see Huey P.'s grave. It was a thrill for me.

Good to talk with you and stay in touch and we'll have to meet next time we get down there and have some crawfish ( i believe that is on Atkins....what a tough diet :-} )

Later!

Dax

Desiree
03-13-2004, 08:42 AM
Well overall yesterday wasn't too bad despite the M&M fiasco.

Here was yesterday's menu:
B- M&M Peanuts
L- 2 Tuna Fish (Trying to use up the white bread in the house, we made the switch to wheat)
S- Low Fat Yogert
D- Chicken Pot Pie

I managed to get in almost 94 oz of water yesterday and we were only able to do 30 minutes of cardio. I'll only do 30 minutes until I get comfortable with it then I will try to up it 5 minutes at a time. Today is the full workout and I noticed this morning that I'm a little sore in my upper back area. No pain, no gain, er, lose in this case I guess!

Next week (on payday) I will go out and buy a new scale. A good one this time, since the last one I bought didnt last very long at all.

Laurie: Thanks so much! Yes, I still go to the Y. Well, as you read, just got back to going religiously anyways. I think I will try the no rice, potatoes, etc. and see how that works. Thanks so much for your ideas. They sound great. I usually do try to prepackage my lunch and snacks, I just need to not forget them on the counter at home!

Dax: Yea, I haven't quite managed to leap over to diet drinks just yet. I never really liked the taste of them before. I'm sure before too much longer I will be yearning for something besides water so I may give them a whirl soon enough.

Glad you like ole BR! I must admit it is a pretty nice place to live. Of course, I'm partial! :) KY usually spanks us in basketball every year. I'm a sports nut so we go to all the basketball, football and baseball games. We totally lost it bad yesterday in the SEC Tourney in basketball. At least there's always women's basketball for hopes of post-season games! (I really dont think LSU will get the bid on Sunday in the Men's tourney, not without Lloreda).

Yea, now that you mention it we do have a pretty nice capital. I love LSU's campus though. It's the most beautiful place. Yea, ole Huey was something else. They say his ghost roams around the Old Capital Building.... I've never encountered it personally, but an interesting tidbit!

Y'all have a great day today! Thanks for stopping by my journal!

vald1977
03-13-2004, 09:55 AM
:wave: Hi Desiree,
I'm so happy to hear you are still going to the Y :D . From reading your journal, I got the impression you really enjoyed it before. You sound like you are really on the right track ::yes:: .

Wishing you a Happy Weekend :sunny: !

luvmy2sams
03-13-2004, 10:23 AM
Hi Desiree! :wave:

Thanks for stopping by my journal. From reading yours, it sounds like you're back on track. Bravo to you for coming back here!

Take things one day (I even have to do 1 hour sometimes) at a time. Losing weight in a healthy way is the best way to go about things, and that can't be accomplished overnight. Just think about how different you'll be this time next year. Or, in my case, I think about how much worse I'd be at this time next year if I didn't do anything. It's quite motivating. :earseek:

I see from your tag (and some posts) that you're an LSU fan. As a proud OSU alum, I must thank you for putting those Sooners in their rightful place last January. :teeth:

Hope you have a great weekend!

~Angela :wave2:

lulu201
03-14-2004, 05:50 AM
Hi, Desiree. :wave2: Just wanted to stop by and wish you well today. Treat yourself in a healthy way and take it day by day. Amazing things will happen!

:sunny: Enjoy your Sunday,
Erin

Desiree
03-14-2004, 08:51 AM
Phew, I'm actually proud of myself yesterday. Here's the menu:

B- 2 hard boiled eggs
L- Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
D- Hamburger Helper leftovers (ok, not so proud of that one, but it needed to be gone from my fridge)
S - 4 Girl Scout Cookies (Trefoils)

As far as exercise goes, I did 35 minutes on the Eliptical machine. I feel I did far better on it yesterday than I have in the past. I really worked it! And the strength training I got in pretty much 12 reps on everything verses the 8 I had been doing. So I feel like I really accomplished something yesterday.

I've got a few things to do around the house today. I was hoping to get some yardwork in but it looks like the rain may beat me to it. Oh well, I can just concentrate on the inside then. That shouldn't take too long. The gym doesn't open until noon today so I've got some time this morning to do some things. Devyn is *supposed* to have softball practice at 2:00 today but again that may be called off due to the rain as well. Today is an easy day at the gym anyways. Only cardio. And once that's done we can goof off by watching Futurama DVD that we bought at Best Buy the other night.

Vald: Thanks! Yes, I really do enjoy going. I must admit it gets rather addictive after a while! That has to be a good thing right?!

2 sams: I do know what you mean by one hour at a time. There are definately days when that rings true. Oh, and anytime you want me to put the Sooners in their rightful place again in the future just let me know! :) I'd be happy to do it! LOL (as if I had anything to do with it! hehehehe)

Lulu: Wishing you a healthy and happy Sunday too!

Desiree
03-14-2004, 08:58 AM
I forgot to mention that I didn't do very well on my water intake yesterday. I think I only managed about 64 oz in.

Oh, and I'm starting to take vitamins again. Anyone know anything about One-A-Day Weight Smart? That's the one I'm taking.

marsh0013
03-14-2004, 11:38 AM
hey desiree, i haven't been by in a few days, but it looks like you're doing a really great job getting back on track! i think it's a really good idea to get the stuff out of your house that you don't want to be eating (like finishing up the white bread, hamburger helper, etc). it's great to know it's gone so that you don' thave to worry about eating it anymore ::yes::

as for one-a-day weight smart, i don't know. i take one-a-day active, just because that's what is in my house. i think i've read that some people here on wish take the weight smart one, so maybe they'll have a better idea for you. i figure, taking any vitamin is better than taking none, so you've got that covered :). and if it helps your weight loss, even better!

hope the rain stayed away so you could get out into the yard and devyn could have practice! either way, hope you have a great day :sunny:

Desiree
03-15-2004, 07:45 AM
Yesterday went pretty well also.
B - Nutrigrain bar
L - Raisin' Canes box (4 pieces of chicken tenders, 1/2 fries and one toast) - my weak moment of the day, but I didnt eat the whole thing!
D - 2 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (last of the white bread!)

Water, I think I had about 64 oz. alltogether.

Exercise - Cardio for 35 minutes and I can tell I'm getting better at that. I was able to work harder and go a bit stronger on that.

Today so far, I've had a piece of wheat toast and 2 hard boiled eggs. For lunch I brought a tuna fish sand. & a low-fat yogert. I'm already starting on my water. Oh, and I took my vitamin too.

I think on Friday I'm going to go by a pedometer and keep it on me at all times. That and a scale.

Marcia - we have the worst luck I tell you. Both of our lawnmowers wouldn't start. We just got them back from the repairman too. Needless to say, that didnt get done and Chris was pretty peeved. So, we're looking for a new lawnmower repairman too. But the rain did come eventually too, so no practice for Dev either.

vald1977
03-15-2004, 09:23 AM
:wave: Good morning Desiree,
You are really on the right track :D . Aren't you glad all of that bad stuff is out of the house now and you can replace it with healthier alternatives? Hope you have a very Happy Monday :sunny: !

luvmy2sams
03-15-2004, 10:23 AM

You are doing a fantastic job! Keep up the good work, and you're goals will be met before you know it!

Hope you have a great day! :sunny:

toystoryduo
03-15-2004, 10:45 PM
Hi Desiree!
You are doing such a great job! Keep up the good work!

Did I read in a previous post that you were thinking about doing yardwork? Oh! You are so lucky! Tomorrow, I'll probably be shoveling the snow off of my driveway for exercise.:rolleyes: If you have warm and sunny weather where you are at, can you please send some to Ohio????? :teeth: :sunny: :sunny:

Have a great day!

Tracy:teeth: :wave2:

lulu201
03-16-2004, 05:39 AM
:wave2: Hi, Desiree! Just stopped by to say hi and wish you well today. I hope your day's filled with :sunny: .

:hug: ,
Erin

Desiree
03-16-2004, 06:07 AM
I dont have much time to post since I need to get my behind going this morning and get ready for work. But I do want to go ahead and post my status for yesterday.

B- 2 hard boiled eggs and 1 peice of wheat toast
L- 6 " Subway sub on wheat
D- Baked chicken w/ veggies
S- 7 crackers

Exercise - Walked outside on the track yesterday for 30 minutes at roughly 1.73 miles. Plus did the full strength training yesterday.

All in all it wasn't a bad day. I managed to stay on track with no cheating! woohoo! BIG accomplishment for me. I know that I can do it!

Ok, now I really need to go and get ready! I will try to get to some journals at work if I'm not too busy.

Everyone, thanks for yor posts of encouragement!!! I feel really good! So far so good anyway!

Tracy: My dad has a big industrial fan, maybe if I point it northwards you'll get some of the heat?!?! (It's worth a try, eh?)

septbride2002
03-16-2004, 09:08 AM
You've been a busy girl this morning! My lord - how many journals did you visit? Thanks for the encouragement!

Your menu looks great!

~Amanda

toystoryduo
03-16-2004, 09:10 AM
Desiree~
I say, "Let's give it a try!" Anything beats the foot of snow that they're predicting today!:(

You are doing such a great job! Your food choices look good and you're sticking with the exercise. Those pounds will melt off in no time at all! (Now..... if we can just get that fan to melt all the snow....:teeth: :crazy: )

Thanks again for stopping by my journal. The encouragement really helps!

Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!

Tracy:teeth: :wave2: :sunny: :sunny:

vald1977
03-16-2004, 09:22 AM
:wave2: Good Morning Desiree,
You're doing such a great job :D . No cheating is always a big accomplishment for me too ;) . Do you think you could point the fan my way after you send some warmth to Tracy? We're supposed to get snow today too :( .

Wishing you a Happy Tuesday :sunny: !

Desiree
03-16-2004, 09:38 AM
Thanks everyone. That fan should be set up in no time!

It's been rather slow here in IT land so I decided to undo my 5 lb. clippie since I'm pretty much starting from scratch here. Of course, I'm hoping to add it back real soon!

wovenwonder
03-16-2004, 11:32 AM
Way to go Desiree! You will have that clippie back in no time!:sunny:

Desiree
03-16-2004, 07:01 PM
Today's update:

B- Apples and Cinnamon oatmeal
L- Tuna Fish Sandwich and low-fat yogert
D- Chicken Quesidillas. (I didn't over do it either)
S- A dill pickle

Exercise - 2.17 miles on the track

Another good day for me. No cheating! I've removed *almost* all the tempation from my house. One thing looming (and it's mainly for Devyn) is the Brownie Mix in the cabinet. But it's still in there and I havent actually made any so that has to account for something!

Tomorrow, planning to get up *UGGH* at 5:00 to be at the gym for 5:30 to do weights or cardo, one or the other. I have to be at work for 7 so I dont see that I'll be able to do both in that time. After work, I have to get Devyn to softball practice and I'm hoping to be able to finish what I didnt get to in the morning.

myhandd
03-16-2004, 09:34 PM
Desiree,

Doesn't temptation really stink! When I think of cheating I say to my self, think of it as peer pressure and the fact that you will have to get on here and dare I say....confess to your legion of fans and supporters!lol

Really work hard at your exercise. I know that I started walking 1 hour per day on Dec. 20 and it was the middle of February before the pain in my shins totally went away...now I feel like a drug addict who has got to get it in everyday. I really get a rush from the walk now.

I would love to be in Baton Rouge walking around that beautiful lake on LSU's campus.

Remember we are behind you!

Later!

Desiree
03-17-2004, 06:14 AM
Yea, it does get addicting! I find that my knees and shins HURT so bad when I walk outside on the track. But after the first lap, I'm fine. It's just that first gruelling one.

Needless to say, I didn't get up and go to the gym yet :( Of course, going to bed at 11:30 didnt help. For some reason, I just couldn't fall asleep.

Oh well, I'm hoping Dev's practice doesn't last too long tonight so I can do the full thing then.

An update!!!!! I weighed myself yesterday since I started back exercising at the beginning of the month, I've lost 6 lbs total! Since back on Wish, it's only 2 lbs, but that's a big deal! So I'm only actually counting the 2. Of course, alot of this is probably water weight too. But hey! I'm still excited!

Have a great day everyone!!

vald1977
03-17-2004, 08:44 AM
:Pinkbounc :bounce: A 2 pound loss is great, Desiree!! Don't you just love it when all that exercising starts paying off in results :D ?
Hope you have a fantastic day :sunny: .

luvmy2sams
03-17-2004, 09:35 AM

Congratulations on the weight loss! :bounce: :Pinkbounc I know you said it is water weight, but weight is weight in my book. Good for you!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Strings
03-17-2004, 10:05 AM
Hi Desiree,

Congrats on the weight loss. You are doing a great job. Quick question. Do you stretch before and after exercise? It might help with the shin pain.

Thank you for your support the last few days. It has helped alot.

:hug:
Beth

marsh0013
03-17-2004, 11:23 AM
2 pounds lost on wish and 6 pounds lost since the beginning of the month??? wooo hoooo!!! clippie party time!!! :jumping1: :jumping1:

you are doing such an excellent job, making great food choice, and getting your exercise in! 5am is really early, especially when you went to bed so late...so sleeping in was probably a good idea. hope you get time to squeeze in some exercise this evening instead ::yes::

as for the pain, i'm with beth, make sure you are stretching, that can do wonders :hyper:

hope you have a great day today :sunny:

Cheryl N. WI
03-17-2004, 12:09 PM
Hi Desiree, I thought I'd stop by your journal and say hi and thanks for supporting me on mine!

A 2 pound/6 pound loss is great and it is great that you removed all the tempting foods from your house!!!! I have done that a number of times too but it seems that sometimes when I go to the grocery store those tempting foods jump in the cart again LOL. I did resist this morning though the low carb Keto raspberry ice cream bars. I am going to wait to try them after I reclaim my 10 pound clippie. Maybe that's not such a good idea though to reward myself with food when I am trying to loose weight :confused: but they are only 2 net carbs per bar and there are only 3 in the box so I can't blow it too big with them if I let DD have 1 too ;) .

I agree about the stretching! Marcia recommende that I make sure I am stretching enough when I was having shin pain a few weeks ago and boy has it made a difference.

Could you point your fan my way too and blow some warm ait up here to WI. It has been snowing here all morning :( .

Have a good day!

Cheryl

tkd lisa
03-17-2004, 12:12 PM
Desiree: thanks for posting in my journal. I wanted to stop by and see how you're doing. Looking good! 2 pounds gone (bye bye)! That's wonderful! And you're staying on track with the exercise.

Enjoy! Lisa

wovenwonder
03-17-2004, 12:56 PM
YOU are doing terrifc Desiree! I'm going to chime in my 2 cents in case you care to listen.:) I believe that once you are a WISHer you will always be a WISHer. So, even though you lost a couple pounds before you 'officially' stopped back with us again you were part of us the entire time! I say grab that 5 pound clippie and count all of those pounds! You didn't quit WISH sweetie, you just took a little break.

ZerasPride
03-17-2004, 02:25 PM
Desiree - first I want to thank you for posting to my journal. That is just so sweet of you!

Second, and more important welcome back to journaling! I've just read your journal through and I want to say what a great job I think you are doing with modifying your eating and your exercise program.

Keep up the great work! ::yes::

mickeysdsnyprncs
03-17-2004, 06:29 PM
Just wanted to stop by. Thanks for posting on my journal, and for the support.

you seem to be doing well. and a little sleep can definatley be a good thing. TRUST ME. LOL::yes::

Keep it up! We're all behind ya!

Karen

Desiree
03-18-2004, 06:25 AM
Well I have good news and bad news about yesterday. Good news: I got all my water in, and ate pretty sensably, plus I added my clippie back. Now for the bad. I didnt get to the gym yesterday at all. We didn't get home from Devyn's softball practice until 7. After that, we cooked supper and I promptly fell asleep on the couch. I dont even have any idea what time I fell asleep. I guess I needed it! But I do feel a bit bummed today that I missed. :(

Anyhoo, here's the food

B- Nutrigrain Bar
L- Lunchable (not good I know...) and a yogert
D- Grilled Chicken peices and corn

NO SNACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did run around a bit yesterday with Dev before practice working with her on some stuff. So I did move a bit, although it wasn't much.

Desiree
03-18-2004, 06:27 AM
I suppose I need a cheat free clippie. I'll get that when I get to work I guess!

vald1977
03-18-2004, 09:45 AM
Sounds like your body really needed the rest last night. Try not to feel bad about missing a day at the gym. Just make sure you go tonight and you will feel much better about it :D . Hope you have a great day :sunny: ! Oh yeah, anytime you want some snow, feel free to come on over and pick some up ;) :teeth: !

marsh0013
03-18-2004, 10:55 AM
hey desiree, please don't beat yourself up over missing one day of exercise! you were so busy that you really didn't have any time to fit it in, and seeing as you fell asleep so early on the couch, your body really needed that rest! i knwo it's hard to take days off from exercise, but sometime, your body just needs it. it's actually recommended to take days off to give your body recovery time ::yes::

you're doing a really great job sticking to your food plan, getting in your water, and yes, doing your exercise. a rest day every now and again still counts as part of your exercise plan, because your body needs it :bounce:

hope you have a great day today :sunny:

tkd lisa
03-18-2004, 11:47 AM
Desiree, you and I both missed some exercise this week. But don't sweat it, your body was telling you to take that break. It's a journey, right?

Have a great day! Lisa

Desiree
03-18-2004, 07:28 PM
Phew! Today was another good day for me.

B- 1 pkg of Apples & Cinnamon oatmeal
L- Lunchable and yogurt
S- Pickle
D- 6" Subway sand on wheat

Provided I get through the rest of the night with no snacks I can change my bear over in the morning!

Exercise - Didn't do strength training tonight like I had hoped, but I did get (DRUMROLL PLEASE)... 2 minutes of jogging in! I know you are saying, huh? only 2 minutes?!? Trust me that is a big deal for me. I'm going to try to do that for 2 more times this week (every other day), then after that, I'm hoping to up it to 4 minutes and so on each week. I didn't even die like I thought I would after the 2 min mark! I also got in 30 minutes of walking.

:hyper: YAY!!!!!

Sorry I didn't get to everyone's journals today. Its been rather busy today with that stupid virus going around. Someone at work opened up the attachment and it mass emailed itself to everyone. Sooo, needless to say other than the one infected person we still had to run virus scans on EVERYONE's pc today plus removing it from the perpetrator's. Hopefully tomorrow will be much slower at work and I can get some quality goofing off time in! :)

tlgoblue
03-19-2004, 07:37 AM
Good Morning Desiree!
Just wanted to stop by and say hello and thank you for stopping by and encouraging me! It sounds like you and I have similar issues with exercise, namely we love it once we do it, but maybe we over do it. Then when we miss, we feel guilty. Well, you know what, we really do need to take rest days. It is better for your body, and your fitness to give your body time to recover. I was talking to one of the fitness people at the Y and told her how I seem to have stalled and she said I see you in here too much! Anyway, I have promised myself to take at least one day off, and have some light workout days, at her recommendation. We'll see.
You take care!

Keep the Faith!
Tracy

Desiree
03-19-2004, 07:56 AM
Tracy, yea.. Chris and I were talking last night while we were doing our walk and I mentioned to him about taking a day off. He agreed and said, well Wednesday was our day then for this week.

That is true though, once I'm motivated, I dont want to not go!

We have to squeeze in some cardio tonight too since we are going to see Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind tonight!

Tomorrow we've got some makeup work to do. We haven't done Strength workouts since Tuesday. I'm hoping to get 12 reps in this time.

So far so good today. I'm working on my water as we speak and I took my vitamins.

Desiree
03-19-2004, 07:59 AM
OH forgot to mention, I have two new clippies! I turned over my exercise one since I've been doing it since the 3rd of this month and my bear is new! YAY!

Strings
03-19-2004, 08:30 AM
Hi Desiree,

Those bears look great on you. I have to agree with Tracy. Your body does need occasional rest. I am always afraid that i will lose my momentum, but I always work really hard on the day after my rest day. Take care of yourself this weekend.
Beth

vald1977
03-19-2004, 09:56 AM
Love the new clippies :) . You are doing so well with your exercise and healthy eating. Keep up the great work :Pinkbounc :bounce: ! Hope you have a nice day :sunny: !

marsh0013
03-19-2004, 02:03 PM
beautiful new clippies desiree, they look fabulous on you :smooth:

cinmell
03-20-2004, 06:22 AM

Sounds like you are doing great! Congratulations on the clippies and keep up the great work. :D :D

toystoryduo
03-20-2004, 07:41 AM
Hi Desiree!
Those clippies look absolutely marvelous! ::yes:: Keep up the good work!:jumping1:

Have a great weekend!

ZerasPride
03-20-2004, 05:10 PM
Hi Desiree!

I want to add my voice to the chorus. Those are wonderful clippies you have there! Keep up the great work and congratulations on the jogging. You are doing so well and we're all proud of you! :)

Desiree
03-20-2004, 05:58 PM
Busy weekend so far! Yesterday, I wasn't able to get any exercising in. But I made up for it today.

Here's the lowdown from yesterday and today so far:
Friday:
B-Nutrigrain
L- Subway
D- A pickle at the movie theater :(

Today:
B- 2 Hard boiled eggs
S-Power Punch smoothie. Yum!!!
L- 2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I know, 2=bad! Didn't eat lunch until around 3.
D- unsure so far. Will update once we figure that out!

Today, I took Dev swimming and we did that for about 30 minutes. I got only about 5 laps in then goofed off with her. I walked 40 minutes and jogged 2.

We picked up a scale while running errands this morning and it says 185 so another pound gone!!! YAY! Not bad since I weighed on Tuesday I think, and it was 186. Chris also picked up a heart rate monitor and watch and I finally got a pedometer! Since I turned it on around 3 pm and since going to the gym, it says I did 5069 steps. It's a pretty cool toy. It was only 20 bucks, which makes it even better!

Doesn't look like I'll get to journals today. I'm hoping tomorrow maybe. I'm going to go take a nice hot bath and relax. It's been a busy day. I cleaned house this morning, then we went and got Chris's car inspected, from there went to Wal-Mart and then Sam's. Then swimming, then gym!

I think I shall reward myself with a Mike's Hard Lemonade light! Only 84 calories! :teeth:

192/185/135

Desiree
03-20-2004, 05:59 PM
Oh, forgot to add that I haven't done to well with the H2O the last two days. I did drink a liter at the theater last night but maybe had a total of about 50-55 oz all day long yesterday. Today, I'm only at 48 oz. I'll try to do better tomorrow!

R_Judy
03-20-2004, 08:44 PM
Hi Desiree:wave2: Sounds to me like enough water to :boat: . I wish I was that good. I only drink half of what I am supposed to and that is in the form of foofoo water, decaf coffee, tea and soda. I wish I could keep up with you.

Castillo Mom
03-20-2004, 11:58 PM
Desiree, that's one of my weak points too. I feel like I get water logged. But we must drink our water! Congratulations on losing another pound, you're doing great!:D

lulu201
03-21-2004, 06:49 AM
:confused: Did I hear you right? Mike's Hard Lemonade LITE? Umm, I think I've got to get some of that yummy stuff!

Desiree, congratulations on losing that pound! :Pinkbounc It's gone and will never find you again! :p

Did I read it right: you had a pickle for dinner?:rotfl: That's an interesting menu choice. If it changes that :( to a :D , maybe it helps to know that if you're counting points that would be a 0 point meal. Watch out, girl. You've got to eat healthfully now.

Here's some :sunny: for your Sunday. Enjoy!

Erin

Desiree
03-21-2004, 07:38 AM
R_Judy & Castillo Mom: I had been doing really well during the week with the water and then on the weekend it went downhill. I'm usually able to average 80-100oz of water a day. It just seems harder on the weekends. (I guess I have more options at home than I give myself at work).

Erin: Yes! A pickle! 0 calories! :) I know it's not the best of choices for Dinner, but we were at a movie and I didn't want a hot dog or anything else. I even resisted the nachos that Chris scarfed down! I really wasn't that hungry Friday night either for some reason.

Last night's update: I ate 10 small breaded chicken nuggets and drank my Mike's. (Erin, they're brand new down here... check them out!) I only had one too. That was my treat.

We've been invited to breakfast this morning to Chris's parent's house. I hope I don't overdo it. If Chris's mom is cooking, then I know I won't eat too much (she's not a very good cook! Is that terrible to say?!) But if it's his dad, uh oh. I'm in trouble.

We'll I'm off to check other journals and read the paper for a bit. Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday! Tonight we're going to watch LSU's Women's Basketball in the first round of the NCAA tournament. GEAUX TIGERS!

DavidandDenise
03-21-2004, 08:30 AM
Desiree! I finally got to check in on you. I went back and read your whole journal and just want to say welcome back and we're not letting you leave us this time! :) Even minor setbacks are best dealt with right here with friends! :hug: I'm glad to see you got your walking/jogging in yesterday--how did it feel? I was really excited when I saw real breakfast start showing up on your menu. I hope you've felt a difference since you added that into your routine. I think are off to a great start and you're going to make it! Work hard and above all HAVE FUN!!! Have a great day! :sunny:

Desiree
03-21-2004, 08:56 AM
Thanks Denise! Yes, I do notice a difference in my energy level. I'm not depriving myself of anything, but just cutting back and keeping an eye on everything I eat.

The jogging went fine yesterday. Today is a rest day of it so I'll get back to it on Monday.

Thanks for checking in and I hope you have a great day!

septbride2002
03-21-2004, 09:52 AM
Sounds like you have a great day planned ahead of you. Don't worry about the comment about your MIL - mine isn't a very good cook either. ;)

~Amanda

Desiree
03-21-2004, 03:17 PM
Thanks Amanda. We were able to get out of it this morning and I'm rather relieved. I could have easily overeaten.

I have stats for today already too. :)

B-2 pkgs of Oatmeal (260 cal) & 1 Banana
L- Baked fish, carrots and small serving of mashed potatoes w/ 5 crackers
D- Since I'll be at the game and there aren't much choices there, I'm thinking I will have a hot sausage poboy with a little mustard.

I have been starving all day long today. I'm having one of those days that no matter what I eat, I'm still hungry but I've resisted so far. I think I shall go lay down and take a nap (which will get my mind of the munchies). There are 2 games tonight that we're watching, with LSU playing last at 8:00 pm.

I'm working on ounce 96 today as far as water goes which is a whole lot better than yesterday. And I did 32 minutes walking and 5 minutes jogging today. (I jogged 2 min. straight, walked a minute and a half, and then jogged another minute, rotating until I did a full 5 minutes of the jogging). And I also did strength training today too and I took my time with it, which means I'll probably be sore tomorrow!

Got a pretty busy week next week. Monday we have Softball practice for Dev. (I'm only doing cardio tomorrow, so I should still get everything in). Tuesday we've got the finals for these games tonight. The winners of both games pair up and play on Tues. I'm sure there will be more practices for Devyn this week too as her first tournament starts next weekend. The only day I'm really worried about is Tuesday, I've got the full workout due then. I may take Wed. or Thursday off from the gym. I'm not sure which, but one of those days will be my rest day. No jogging for me tomorrow, since I did it today and yesterday (I know I'm sorry! I was supposed to wait a day!). It was so pretty outside today and I think I managed to get a bit of sun today too. (I'm sorry all you northerners!!! I swear I'm not bragging!)

marsh0013
03-21-2004, 04:23 PM
oooh, mike's hard lemonade light!!! i'm with erin, i must check these out! the first time i ever got drunk was on mike's hard lemonade :p . haha, not saying i want to use these to do that, but well, 84 calories sounds like a great deal to me! :p

good idea to take a nap to get your mind off of food! plus, extra rest never hurts :bounce:

you really do have a busy week ahead of you! knowing that make that nap an even better idea! get ahead on your sleep, because i'm sure you'll be going crazy trying to fit everything in this week! good luck!

hope the rest of your day goes well :hyper:

Desiree
03-22-2004, 06:15 AM
Well last night I did eat my poboy, but also did a bad thing. I snacked on Devyn's funnel cake. I could have killed her when she brought it back!!! Those things are evil. :( Back to square one on the Cheaty bear. :(

No change in weight (THANK GOODNESS!) I do need to decide what my official weigh in day is. I suppose I'll have it on Saturday morning. I think I finished yesterday off with 102 oz. of water total.

wovenwonder
03-22-2004, 09:33 AM
Desiree ---- I'm going to give you MY OPINION on the cheat free bear. I think splurges [notices I did NOT say cheats] are a part of life sometimes. And as long as you work them in to your program you will still be succesful. When I originally introduces the cheat free star to WISH it was to inspire a friend that was struggling. I had worked in two 'small splurges' in to her plan for her for each month. She could pick any two days a month to have a splurge or to treat herself and it would not be considered a cheat. But all I asked was that she be sensible and honest with this. If she chose to have popcorn at the movie theatre -- then have the small popcorn and not the refillable tub as her 'treat'. I think sometimes that it is better to plan in the 2 treats a month [or maybe even one treat a week if that is what you need]. The important part is to make it a plan that you can live with for LIFE and still feel that you can be succesful with it.

It is your decision how you handle this Desiree. But there is my opinion.

vald1977
03-22-2004, 09:45 AM
:wave: Hey Desiree,
Don't let that funnel cake get you down. We all need a treat once in a while. I hope you had fun at the games. I forgot to ask what you thought of the movie the other day. I can't figure out what it's supposed to be about from the commercials. Hope you have a fantastic day today :sunny: !

toystoryduo
03-22-2004, 10:07 AM
Desiree~
Hey girl! You have been doing a great job lately with your exercising and food choices. Please don't beat yourself up about a small indulgence every once in awhile. I agree with Val~ we all need a treat sometimes.::yes:: Today is a new day and the funnel cake is forgotten.....I forget... what were we talking about?
:teeth:

I hope you have a great day and a wonderful week ahead!

DoeWDW
03-22-2004, 10:17 AM
Desiree, I finally got caught up on your journal and you are doing a GREAT job of watching your food and getting your exercise in!! :Pinkbounc

I know this week will be a busy one but you can do it! Can you walk around while Devyn has softball practice?? Now that you have that handy pedometer, you should be able to figure out how many steps you need to take for a mile. Then you can walk anywhere, any time and count it as exercise!

Today's a new day, Desiree - let's make it a good one!! :sunny:

Strings
03-22-2004, 10:25 AM
Hi Desiree,

You have been doing so well with your exercise and eating proram. Please don't beat yourself up about the funnel cake. I have to agree that funnel cakes belong on the evil list.

About the Cheat free clippie. Some of us had a discussion about it the end of January. Erin, Doe, Marcia, myself and others were involved. We are doing monthly Cheat free challenges. We aren't starting over at 1. It is the number of Cheat free days in a month. We can calculate Percentages at the end of the month. I can also trend the months when I tend to cheat more frequently. The healthy living days is a running total of all my cheat free days for the year. Just something to consider.

You are doing a great job. Noone is perfect on this journey. Wht makes this time different is that we continue despite cheats and plateaus.

Beth

Desiree
03-22-2004, 10:30 AM
Thanks everyone. I see you're points, but I really think I made the right decision to start my bear over. I could have stopped eating it, but I ended up splitting it with her. CURSE THOSE THINGS!!! Next game (Tuesday) I will remember moderation!!

Val: The movie was AWESOME! We loved it. It's not your typical movie, but we though Jim Carrey did an amazing job. It kind of had a Memento feel to it, if you've seen Memento that is! I can't wait until this one comes out on DVD. It's definatly a keeper, IMO!

I'm off to a good start today. I dont really feel too bad about yesterday's Funnel Cake episode, since I did eat rather well prior and got some good exercising in. And I do agree with the majority here that a treat is a good thing every now and then. I keep saying to myself, that I could have eaten the whole thing. And would have done so in the past. I think I ended up eating about 1/3 of it.

Alas, today is a new day (without funnel cakes). :teeth:

septbride2002
03-22-2004, 10:39 AM
Did someone say funnel cake? Where! Where is the funnel Cake! Oh there is no sweeter pleasure then a warm funnel cake with lots and lots of powdered sugar. I would have had no self- control - good for you for only eating a 1/3!!! I would have scarfed down the whole thing ::yes::

Sounds like you had a great weekend and you are back on track today! Remember to do something for yourself today!

~Amanda

cinmell
03-23-2004, 05:27 AM
Hi Desiree!

Sounds like you are doing a great job here. Don't worry about that funnel cake, today is a new day :sunny: . I think every once in a while it's good to have a treat. And I wouldn't worry too much since you are exercising. I swear exercising is what saves me! Have a great day today! :sunny:

Desiree
03-23-2004, 06:41 AM
Ah! BUSY BUSY BUSY! Can you say busy? I didnt get to exercise yesterday and it doesn't look like I'll get to do it today either. I'll try to do a couple laps around the building at work today and take the stairs vs. the elevator. Yesterday, Dev had practice and then afterwards, my mom & dad took us to eat Mexican. I didnt do too bad. I cut exactly half my entree and put it in a doggie bag so I at least have that for lunch today. Today looks just as busy as Dev has practice again and then at 8:00 we've got the second round of the NCAA Women's basketball game to go to. GEAUX TIGERS!

And on top of that I'm going to be busy at work so I really dont think I'll have a chance to get to journals. :(

Here's the lo down for yesterday
B- Nutrigrain Bar
S- Apple
L- WW Turkey w/ ff cheese & Light mayo. And a pickle
D- Chicken Chimichanga w/ rice & beans and one margarita (I think it was only 16 oz.

Anyway, gotta run but will try to check in on everyone later.

Y'all have a great day! :sunny:

lulu201
03-23-2004, 06:56 AM
:wave: Good morning, Desiree! How are you doing today? Let me guess--you're BUSY! :p Sounds like you're busy in a happy way, though, and you're doing your very best to take care of yourself. I really admire how you cut your entree in half and doggie bagged it--I've never been able to be that strong, but now you're inspiring me to try. Thank you!

Have a great day! :Pinkbounc
Erin

Desiree
03-23-2004, 07:27 AM
Thanks Erin! I felt comfortably full after eating only half too! That was a nice surprise! Ok, I'm really going to leave the DIS for a bit now and get to work!!! :hyper:

Strings
03-23-2004, 02:38 PM
Hi Desiree,

I Love Margarita;s, and I've heard a wonderful rumor that Don Pablos now has low carb magaritas. Trust me when I say, "We'll be having Mexican soon!"

I hope you got the chance to stretch your legs today. Don't forget to have some ME ttime.
Beth

Desiree
03-24-2004, 06:02 AM
191/185/135

Well I didn't eat too well yesterday but I didn't gain today. I'm sticking it out at 185 at least. Needless to say I didnt make it to the gym either. I'm going tonight however. Devyn's team has been cramming practices in to prepare for their upcoming tournament and tonight is the first day off this week from them. So I'm going to the gym. I haven't been since Sunday!! Ack! I may be able to go tomorrow night after their practice but will only have time for cardio and then Friday I dont think I'll have time either. Their tourney starts at 7:00 on Friday night. After her practice yesterday we went to the Women's Bball game last night. LSU won! Woooohooo!!! Geaux Tigers! It was a good game. Maryland really has a great team.

I guess I should post my meals now. :(

B-Nutrigrain Bar
L-Leftover chimichanga w/ beans & rice
S-Banana
S#2- Leftover small portion of crawfish jambalaya
D- Hamburger at the game

I did get all my water in yesterday but forgot to take my vitamins. I'm off to do that right now.

I'm looking forward to getting back at the gym. I've been missing it!

vald1977
03-24-2004, 08:53 AM
I think it's something in the air, Desiree. Yesterday wasn't my best effort at healthy eating either. But today is a new day, right? All we can do is move on from here and vow to do better :D . At least you didn't gain. I'm afraid to look at the scale today. Hope you have a great day today :sunny: :wave: !

Desiree
03-24-2004, 05:51 PM
I had a much better day today! (Although still working on the water). This morning I took my vitamin. Here's the meals for the day:

B-Nutrigrain Bar
L- Retirement party at work. I had 2 of the quartered pieces of ham & mayo and 2 of the quartered of Ham & mustard. I also had a small helping of potato salad, 4 chips (I'm not sure what brand, but they were nacho cheesy) and a handful of pretzels. NO CAKE or other bad stuff!!!
D- Baked fish, carrots & mashed potatoes.

I may have a pickle later too. :) If I feel hungry still.

Exercise- I walked 30 minutes at 1.73 miles, and JOGGED 4 MINUTES! Can you say, pass me the oxygen! But I made it and I'm still alive! I guess that's the important part. Chris says I "look" thinner, but the scale doesn't agree with me. I'm guessing maybe it must be in the inches. I feel lighter but that could be all in my head too.

I'm kinda of stiff in one of my calves. It doesn't hurt but I can definatly feel something there. Like a knot I guess. So I'm not really sure what is up with that. But as I said, it doesn't hurt. I may do a few more stretches just to make sure it doesn't become a problem.

That's it for me for today! Hope y'all had a great day and made great choices!

LAinSEA
03-24-2004, 07:30 PM
Desiree:

It sure looks like your motivation is up and weight is starting to drop. Good for you. Your menus look like you are making some good choices and it's great you're getting back to the Y.

I was wondering if there was a place for you to walk/jog while Dev is at ball practice??? That way you could get your cardio in while he's practicing and save your weight training and machine work for the Y.

Keep up you great work.

-Laurie

p.s. funnel cakes, like cinnibon, are just plain evil! The smell alone is enough to put inches on your thighs. But a taste here and there is sometimes necessary so you don't feel deprived!

myhandd
03-24-2004, 09:29 PM
Hey girl,

I want to sympathize with you on the "you look thinner" but the scale doesn't show it. I know exactly where you are coming from. Keep it up though the scale will follow....slowly I promise!

You'll have to read my page and check out the computer meltdown I had...all I will say is make sure your anti-virus software is up to date.

Anyway congrats on the exercise you are getting in. It will make you feel better and is a total necessity for weight loss. I have been carrying headphones and listening to ESPN radio. Also, I walk in the town cemetary. It is great motivation.... as I am exercising to keep out of the place lol haha!

Keep up the great work!

Later,

Dax

toystoryduo
03-25-2004, 04:49 AM
Desiree~
Good morning! If Chris says you look thinner and you feel thinner, then you must be thinner.::yes:: I wouldn't worry too much about the scale. It will cooperate soon or else we'll all get together and have a scale bashing party.:crazy: (Of course if I get to the doctor today, then I may have my own scale bashing party later this afternoon.;) )

Hope you have a great Thursday! Oh, by the way... thanks for sending the warmer weather our way... now if we can just get the sun to come out every once in awhile..:sunny: :teeth:Take care!

Tracy :wave2:

cinmell
03-25-2004, 05:44 AM
Good morning Desiree! :wave:

Congratulations on the jogging! Jogging is something that I just can't do. I understand what you mean about feeling lighter & looking thinner but the scale not agreeing. I have learned from this board that the scale isn't the most important tool for gaging your weight loss and progress so don't worry about what that scale says, you are doing great! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Desiree
03-25-2004, 07:30 AM
Thanks everyone! Well, I did a no no and got on the scale this morning (My regular weigh in is Saturday) I'm down another pound!!! That makes 7 pounds so far!! 3 more to a new clippie!

I really think I'm going to stick with everything for real this time. I know watching what you eat and exercise works! Why in the heck would I stop? I'm feeling much better than I have in a long time! And I put on a pair of slacks today that 3 weeks ago cut into me. And that's an awful feeling, btw. Now they fit comfortably. So I guess there has been improvement after all!

Laurie: There really isn't much room for me to walk or anything while I'm at Devyn's practices. Most of the time I'm out there helping too. So I kinda have to pay attention and see where I'm needed, if I am. I really am hoping tonight that I'll be able to get in some cardio after her practice lets out. I think we can do it. I have to make sure Chris gets supper cooked by the time we get home then right after supper he and I can go to the gym. It's all in the timing!

Dax: Whew that was quite a stunner! That KY/UAB game! Man, I totally didn't see that one coming! LOL I guess walking around the cemetary would give anyone motivation! Hahaha I may have to remember that!

Tracy: Have you seen Office Space? After we all reach our goal weights, we should grab a couple of baseball bats and bash those scales a la Office Space! ;)

Cinmell: Thanks so much! It's not easy, but I'm working at it! It's nice to actually FEEL that you're legs have muscles in them. I havent felt that in a long time!

Strings
03-25-2004, 08:13 AM
:wave: Desiree,

Congrats on the pound, but more importantly, CONGRATS on the pants fitting. I'd rather have inches than pounds. Actually, I'm greedy and I want both. Keep up the good work, and you'll be melting away.
Beth

vald1977
03-25-2004, 09:37 AM
WTG losing another pound ::yes:: :teeth: ! That's awesome!! Sending some pixie dust your way that you can get to the gym tonight. Sounds like it's going to be a tight squeeze into the schedule. Wishing you a bright and sunny day :sunny: !

sharoncity
03-25-2004, 03:14 PM
Hi Desiree:wave2:
Just wanted to stop by your journal. I appreciate all the support you've been giving me and thought I'd return the favor.
Sounds like your schedule is just as bad as mine!:crazy: But you are so right that it is all in the timing! Try, try , try to get that exercise in. It's gonna make all the difference this time in keeping the weight off. Plus what a great example to set for Devyn!::yes::
The pants fitting better is AWESOME!! Sure, we want the scale to say good stuff, but if the clothing sizes go down, that is REALLY good news in my book!!
Keep up the good work!:Pinkbounc You are doing great!!
TTFN-
Sharon:sunny:

Desiree
03-25-2004, 08:50 PM
I had a pretty good day today!
B-Oatmeal package
S-Banana
L-Turkey and ff cheese on ww bread, with a pickle
S-Nutrigrain bar
D-Chicken rice and cheese casserole (only 1/2 a helping)
S-FF Yogurt

Exercise- If I hadn't forgotten my pedometer during Devyn's practice, I probably would have hit 10,000 steps today. As of now I'm at 8,415. Walked a total of 3.13 miles today with 1.85 of those tonight at the gym. Only cardio tonight. All and all it's been a pretty good day!

Thanks Val, Beth & Sharon for stopping by! Hope y'all had a great day!

R_Judy
03-26-2004, 05:30 AM
:wave: Hi Desiree. Just wanted to stop by and wish you a happy Friday.

lulu201
03-26-2004, 12:18 PM
Wow, Desiree, you're getting in those steps! Way to go! What are your plans for this weekend? Is your weather nice? Will you walk outside?

Have a good one, whatever you do,
Erin

Desiree
03-26-2004, 12:43 PM
Thanks Judy & Erin! This weekend will start off fairly busy but hopefully will wind down nicely! Tonight, after I get off work we have to take Dev to Girl Scouts, then after that we've got to get her to her game. She has to be there for 6:30 and it starts at 7:30. So it's not very likely that I'll get any exercising in today. I am up to 2,101 steps on my pedometer though. :) Tomorrow morning she has another game, and that's pretty much it. Sometime tomorrow evening we're probably going to go watch Jersey Girl too. So after tonight, I wont be nearly as busy this weekend.

Erin, the weather is supposed to be beautiful. We have a high today of 81 and I think we're free from the rain until Sunday night. I really would like to walk the LSU Lakes this weekend sometime. So hopefully I'll be able to do that if Chris will come with me.

So, I guess I'll send you all some :sunny: and hope you all have a good weekend!

luvmy2sams
03-27-2004, 11:14 PM

You are doing a great job with your exercise and food choices. I think that this time will be the difference for a lot of us. Why in the world would we want to turn back now? It's so simple that sometimes I ask myself what took me so long. :crazy:, I know.

BTW, I know what you mean with that feeling of being able to wear pants that previous left a pattern on your body. Isn't that an amazing feeling? I'm getting it myself now lately, and I love it. ::yes::

Thanks so much for all the support you throw my way. We fellow OU haters (that language might be a little strong in your case, not in mine though :) ) have to stick together!

I hope that you got to enjoy the beautiful weekend weather. :sunny:

~Angela
:wave2:

Desiree
03-28-2004, 08:59 AM
Wow, ok let's see if I can remember everything that went on this weekend.

Friday's food:
B-Banana
L-Nutrigrain Bar & Pickle
D- 10 chicken mcnuggets no fries
S- M&M peanut

I got all my water in Friday but was not able to go to the gym. Dev had Girl Scouts and then immediately following she had her game. (She had a double *it was beautiful*!!!!, scored twice and had 2 RBI's!) Very good game. It was her first time playing first base ever and she did fairly well there too. I will work with her on that now that her position is pretty much settled there. She got a few people out too. Late Friday night, after the game was over, since Dev was going home with her dad and step-mom, Chris and I decided to go see Jersey Girl and I couldn't resist the temptation and caved in and got some M&M's. :(

Saturday, I didn't do too well with the food. We were in a hurry and had to get out to the park for Devyn's 9:00 am game. So we ended up getting a dozen donuts to split with ex-h, his wife, and my mom. I only had two. I refrained. After the game was over, we went to Academy Sports store and I bought a couple pairs of shorts and a shirt to workout in. I love them already. More about those in a minute though.... After that, we decided to go watch The Ladykillers. Two movies in a weekend! What a treat! But I did good and resisted the evil M&M's charms. No snacks there. After the movie, Chris and I stopped at Jay's barbecue. I got a bbq beef sandwich and nibbled on a few fries. Then we went to the gym.

B- 2 donuts
L/D- Barbecue Beef sandwich and a handful of fries.

I know I should have at least gotten 3 meals in yesterday but with all the running around it just didn't happen and my choices with food weren't that good either. I did get to the gym and managed the full workout yesterday too. I ran 5 minutes and it felt great! I could have gone on for a bit more, but I held back. They'll be plenty of time for raising that time! :) Back to those clothes. I bought an addidas soccer shirt and it is so comfortable. It's sleeveless, as I can use some sun on my arms! I'm paler than a ghost! :eek: and the shorts are mesh and boy I finally found a pair that dont ride up. I am so psyched. They felt really good exercising in. The shirt absorbs moisture so I felt really cool when I was running/walking. Those were definately well worth the investment so hopefully next payday I'll be able to grab a couple more! I didn't get all my water in yesterday, but that was all I drank so I did get some in.

Oy, I've written a novel!!! I'm about to go get started on my breakfast, water and vitamins. I've got to pick Devyn up from her dad & step-mom's later. It's her little sister's christening today so I can get my cardio in before I have to pick her up. It's a cardio only day.

Angela, I know! If you're seeing results and feeling better, I can't imagine going back to that sedintary lifestyle I led before! I was mentioning that to Chris just yesterday. I really think this time I will stick to it. Have a great weekend!!!

Anyway, sorry for the novel everyone and I hope you guys have a great Sunday! I will try to catch up on journals today!

Desiree
03-28-2004, 09:00 AM
Doh! Failed to mention at the weigh in yesterday I am holding steady at 184. So I guess that makes me down 1 pound from last week. At least I'm feeling better. I sure can't wait to see that scale move a bit though!

vald1977
03-28-2004, 09:39 AM
Two movies in one weekend? I'm jealous ::yes:: . Actually, we rarely get to the movies, we usually wait until things come out on dvd and rent them. So what did you think of Jersey Girl? It looks pretty cute from what I've seen about it. Funny how Ben Affleck is so much more appealing now that J. Lo is out of the picture ;) . For some reason, he bugged me as part of that couple but now the interviews and such I've seen with him make me almost want to see his movie :D .

Weekends are tough to stay on track foodwise for me too. It's just the nature of running around I think. Hope you have a good day and enjoy your new workout clothes, they sound great :sunny: !

myhandd
03-28-2004, 03:36 PM
Hey Desiree,

Just checking in. When I get the urge to eat something I shouldn't, I try to remember how nice it is to be employed.....but I digress....LOL!!!

A little humor helps sometimes, seriously though, I try to keep snacks that fit with my diet to fill the void. I open the refrigerator probably ten times a night looking for something to eat...sound familiar anyone? I started stocking it with pepperoni slices (1 carb for 6 slices) and redi whip (less than 1 carb) I throw those into my mouth to help with the horrible habit of food scrounging i have. Also I bought barbecued pork rinds (I know they are gross...but they have no carbs).

When you are tempted to eat the "bad" stuff, try to think of a healthy alternative...

Good luck...

Later,

Dax

Desiree
03-29-2004, 07:43 AM
Yesterday was a bit better than Saturday. The good news of the day was that I ran 7 minutes straight! I'm so proud of that. And it felt good. I wasn't really hurting afterwards. But today my calves do feel a little sore, but not bad. I've been taking the stairs at work instead of the elevator too so I'm building muscles that I havent used in years. Anyway, back to the exercise from yesterday. I did a total of 51 minutes outside at 3.04 miles. And one mile of that was the jogging for 7 minutes. I'm starting to really dig this jogging thing! :)

Sunday's menu:

B- 2 pancakes
L/D- Had a late lunch since I wasn't really hungry after the pancakes. Baked pork chop, mashed taters and corn.

I only got in about 64 oz of H2O in. I'll do better on that today.

Valerie: Jersey Girl was "cute". I appreciate the fact that Kevin Smith made a grown up movie, but the plot was very predictable. But I will say that Ben Affleck has now convinced me that he has a few acting chops. All and all I give it an ok. The little girl made the movie. She is adorable.

Dax: Oh man I know.. I totally blew it this weekend. It's hard for me to go to a movie and not snack on something. And the donuts, geez.. :( I knew better!!! I hate rushing around like that because I start taking the easy way out of things. Like the donuts. Alas, today is a new day.

Ya'll have a great Monday!

married2grumpy
03-29-2004, 08:40 AM
I can't even remember the last time I saw a movie, nevermind 2 in 1 weekend! I don't know how you resisted all those snacks, especially the popcorn, Yum. I'm going to take the kids to see "Home on the Range" this weekend and you will be my inspiration. I'll be thrilled if all I eat is a pack of M&M's. Usually I'm good for a couple candy bars and a huge tub of extra butter popcorn. Maybe I'll pack a couple celery sticks for the movie, NOT! Hopefully just a diet soda will get me through.

Congratulations on the new workout clothes. Being comfortable is important and you'll feel better exercising. Hope you have a great Monday and a great week!

marsh0013
03-29-2004, 08:52 AM
hey desiree, i'm just getting caught up on your journal, and i wanted to congratulate you on the great strides you're making with your jogging! and that's so great that you're really enjoying it too! it was defintely a good idea to get yourself some "running clothes". the wicking shirts are a great investment, i find that i can't even handle cotton anymore because it just gets so yicky!

you're doing a really great job balancing everything in with your busy schedule! hope you have another great day :bounce:

ZerasPride
03-29-2004, 09:20 AM
Hi Desiree!

I wanted to check on you and see how you are doing. It sounds like you are doing just fine. Don't beat yourself up too much over the candy at the movies, it's so hard to resist having a snack there for some reason. I usually get a plain small bag of popcorn and a diet soda. DH laughs at me because I bring (in my purse) my own small squirt bottle of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and use that on my popcorn. The last time I did that with my sisters at the movies they acted mortified until the movie started and they all wanted squirts of my butter! So you can get around it. Just a suggestion. I love a good movie!

Congrats on your 1 pound lost. I know sometimes I get discouraged when it's only 1 pound but hey, losing 1 pound per week is way better than gaining 1 pound per week. I hope you have a great day! :)

Strings
03-29-2004, 12:48 PM
Hi Desiree,

Congratulations on losing that pound. I'm proud of you! I'll tell you what I do at the movies, I take a 1 oz bag of nuts with me. It is a huge treat because that is the only time I eat nuts. it is also compact enough to sneak in without a problem.

Have a good one.
Beth

luvmy2sams
03-29-2004, 01:46 PM

Congratulations on your jogging! It has got to feel so amazing to run that far! I hope to be able to work up to that at some point.

Sounds like you had a fun, but busy, weekend. I'd love to be able to see 2 movies in one weekend. DH and I haven't done that in ages.

Have a good Monday!

sharoncity
03-29-2004, 02:02 PM
Desiree - you go girl! Another 1 lb gone?! Yahoo!!!! One step at a time, one step at a time......
The movies sound like fun, but the snacks are tuff for me too. I guess we all just have a mental association about that. Even my kids know, its popcorn, soda and snowcaps when they go to the movies. I took mine to Agent Cody Banks last weekend - I fell prey to popcorn and reeses pieces! :( So we've all been there, done that. Next time I really am going to pack some legal snacks!:smooth:
Hope you have a great week, not too hectic! :rolleyes: And keep up that great work with the exercise! WOW! :hyper:
TTFN-
Sharon:sunny:

myhandd
03-29-2004, 05:37 PM
I am so proud of you for the running because...I really hate it!

When I was in college I swore that I would never run again because it seemed like that is all we baseball pitchers ever did, run and throw, throw and run...you get the picture. I still haven't started back(because I know it is gonna hurt so bad lol) but eventually I will.

My walking has been going well though.

Keep up the good fight!

Later,

Dax

toystoryduo
03-29-2004, 10:04 PM
Desiree,
Congratulations on the weight loss and the jogging! You are doing a great job! Keep up the good work!::yes::

You sound like you had a good weekend too! What a treat to see two movies in one weekend.::yes::

Hope you have a great week this week!

Desiree
03-30-2004, 06:21 AM
LSU WOMEN'S BASKETBALL ARE IN THE FINAL FOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

OH MY GOSH I am sooooooooooooo excited!!! This is a BIG deal! We've always been in the shadow of LA Tech in Women's Basketball in the state. It was a GREAT GAME. Georgia fans, I'm so sorry! What a heartbreaker. BUT WE WON!!!!!! Sorry I'm just a little excited! Could we have another national championship on our hands? Oh the thought!

Anyways, yesterday I did pretty good overall. We headed for Devyn's practice got all the way there (it's a 20 min drive), then Chris calls me on the cell phone. They cancelled practice due to the bad weather that was in the area. Grr. Well we were all ready on that end of the world, so we ended up going to visit my mom and dad for a while last night. So we headed home and then couldn't find a babysitter while Chris and I would have gone to the gym. Needless to say we were both disappointed. We wont be able to go tonight either. Dev has a game. :(

Yesterday's lowdown:
B-Nutrigrain
L-WW Turkey w/ FF cheese & lt. mayo. Pickle and yogurt
D-Meatloaf & green beans

Not only did I not get all my water in, I drank a beer at my dad's house, and with supper at home I drank one there. So today's scale was not happy with me. I'm pretty sure it's all the bloating from the 2 beers. I'm trying to get rid of what I have in the house. It's been in there since the beginning of the month when I started all this. So I guess it's good I haven't been reaching for them often.

Anyhoo I see what the beer does to me so no more. :(

Have a good day everyone.. I'll try to get to journals later.

vald1977
03-30-2004, 12:08 PM
According to dh our local men and women's teams (UConn) are both in the final four too :D . I don't pay much attention but dh was sure happy ::yes:: .

Hope you have a good day and have fun at Devyn's game tonight :sunny: !

DoeWDW
03-30-2004, 12:54 PM
Glad to hear your LSU Lady Tigers made it to the Final 4! You sound like a devoted fan!

You've been doing a good job, Desiree! The movies are tough - I usually sneak an Atkins protein bar in or I make sure I eat a big meal before I go.

That "beer bloat" will be gone before you know it - just drink, drink, drink that water to flush your system!! ::yes::

Keep up the good work and have a wonderful Tuesday!! :sunny:

luvmy2sams
03-30-2004, 05:54 PM

I can totally relate to your excitement over LSU getting to the final four. Why? Because my beloved Cowboys are in the men's final four. DH & I literally jumped in the air (and horrified our kids) when Lucas hit the winning shot. Hope that your Tigers do as well as I'm hoping the Pokes do. :jumping1:

Just keep chugging that water, and all the residual effects of those beers will be floating away in no time. ::yes::

Have a great evening!

Castillo Mom
03-30-2004, 11:55 PM
Hi Desiree! So sorry I haven't had a chance to visit your journal. I'm making a quick visit to everyone possible tonight. You're hanging in there, keep up the good work! Goodnight!:D

Desiree
03-31-2004, 06:19 AM
I keep saying that I'm going to try to get to everyone's journals, but just dont quite make it. I'm really sorry guys. I will try to do better today. Maybe we wont be too busy at work.

Yesterdays recap:
B-Nutrigrain
L-Leftover meatloaf & green beans
D- Maybe like 7 bites of hamburger helper. I wasn't very hungry.

I got all my water in as well as my vitamins.

No exercise. I'll make up for it tonight. I did peek again at the scale. I'm still holding steady at 184. Man is that frustrating or what. It's not budging! Well except for that beer gain yesterday. I seem to be stuck. :( It doesn't make sense. I'm eating less and exercising more! What's going on here!!!

Oh well, I'm off to get ready for work. Maybe once I get there we wont be too busy today.

septbride2002
03-31-2004, 08:49 AM
You're allowed to take a day off from hitting everyone journals every now and then! I don't see how you get to everyone as much as you do!

Have a great day!

~Amanda

marsh0013
03-31-2004, 10:45 AM
hey desiree, congrats on the lsu women making it to the final four! :bounce: how exciting that must be for you :Pinkbounc

i'm sorry that scale is holding steady, but i wouldn't worry about it. i'd say give it at least a few days to get down to what you're used to. just keep eating well and getting in your exercise, and it's bound to move in the right direction ::yes::

hope work isn't too busy and you get a chance to relax. have a great day :sunny:

luvmy2sams
03-31-2004, 09:38 PM

Don't worry about getting to everyone's journals. We all have crazy days, weeks, months, so everyone understands.

Just keep up the good work you're doing, and the scale will eventually cooperate. I know it's frustrating, but you are doing all the right things. Try to concentrate on other measures of your success...how much better your clothing fits, how much better you feel when playing with your DD, etc. It will happen eventually, even though right now it seems like the scale has a mind of its own.

Hope that you had a great Wednesday!

Desiree
04-01-2004, 07:37 AM
Ok, I've resolved the fact that I'm not getting to any journals this week. Maybe this weekend. I do feel bad though. Y'all have supported me so much and I want to be there for you guys too. Maybe once this Domain switchover is complete, I'll have a bit more time on my hands. We should be finished with it today.

All that complaining I did yesterday about being stuck must have made the scale gods listen. I AM DOWN 2 POUNDS TODAY! I feel like I've finally busted through that 184. So here it is...... 191/182/135. I # away from a new clippie! Maybe when I weigh in on Saturday?!?! I'm not betting on it though since TOM is right around the corner.

Yesterday had a really good day all around.
B- nothing!! ugh! ran out of time!
L- WW Turkey & cheese w/ light mayo & yogurt
D-Chicken quesidillas

Got all my water in and my vitamins. I exercised yesterday. Got all my cardio and weights in. I only walked 22 min, but I jogged for 8 min. straight. And I've also decided that even though it may not be my strength day, I'm going to start doing the sit-up master at the gym on cardio only days too. I cranked out 203 of them yesterday!! I couldn't believe it either! But that is an area that I do need to target so sit-ups from henceforth!

Off to start my day I guess. Everyone have a great day today!

Thanks Angela, Marcia, and Amanda for stopping by! You gals are great! :)

vald1977
04-01-2004, 09:21 AM
I can see that new clippie is right around the corner for you :Pinkbounc :bounce: ! Hope you have a great day :sunny: !

toystoryduo
04-01-2004, 09:25 AM
Desiree~
Woohoo! You go girl!:jumping1: Two pounds down and on your way to a bright, shiny new clippie! You are doing a great job! Keep up the good work!!!!

sharoncity
04-01-2004, 12:10 PM
Wow! Your week looks great Desiree!!! I bet that new clippee will be here by Saturday! (Maybe!:teeth: )
Keep up the awesome work with exercise! Your gonna be lookin so FINE!:earseek:
Have a great day!:sunny:
TTFN-
Sharon

DoeWDW
04-01-2004, 02:04 PM
Desiree, I know you really want to lose, but please be careful to eat enough. If you're exercising and not eating enough, your body will go into starvation mode and just hold onto that weight even harder. :rolleyes:

You may want to put your food into Fitday for a couple days to make sure you're getting enough calories. If you need help with this, feel free to PM me.

I want to see you wearing that new clippie - just trying to help!

myhandd
04-01-2004, 06:17 PM
Hey Desiree,

Don't mean to jump on you, but like Doe said, make sure you are eating enough. My wife had to really get on me about getting enough and I have to say she was right. When I would eat too little the weight would just cling to me, then I would have two steaks and green beans and lose 2 lbs. It is really crazy how it works, but I can't believe the quantity of food I get on Atkins and it just keeps falling off. (As I step off of my soap box :teeth: )

I have to continue to compliment your exercise routine. You really are doing great. It always in the past seemed to be to me that exercise was the first thing to fall by the wayside. You have done really well and by all means keep it up! This is a lifetime commitment to good health and exercise is an integral part!

Man I wish I was in Baton Rouge eating some crawfish!!!

Can you fax me some:jester: ?

Wishful thinking huh?

Later,

Dax

gadizlover
04-01-2004, 09:26 PM
Way to go Desiree, you are off to a great month! You'll be hitting the new clippee in no time flat.
You are an inspiration to me with the exercise, I've got to pump it up a bit!

I love this advise you are getting- eat more- lose weight!
Sounds like a winner to me! :teeth:

But I have read the same thing many times- and sounds like they have real life experience to back it up!

I'll be checking in soon to visit your new shiny clippee.

Keep up the great effort!

Desiree
04-02-2004, 07:42 AM
Hi everyone! Thanks for stopping by! I just want to let everyone know that I'm eating until I get full. Although I have slipped up a missed a few breakfasts on a couple of days, I am in no way starving!! ;)

Here's the rundown for yesterday:
B-Nutrigrain
L-Leftover quesidillas
S-Hard boiled egg
D-Raising Cane's 3 Large chicken fingers w/ a piece of toast.

Got all my water in yesterday and vitamins. Only did the cardio walking thing yesterday. The insides of my legs (in between the calves and shins) were killing me yesterday so I laid off thejogging. All and all, I did get 11,500 steps in total yesterday!. We were fairly busy at work!

Today as planned:
B-Nutrigrain bar
L-Subway
D-??
S- Going to see Hellboy tonight so hopefully I will resist the temptation of M&M's

Tonight is the night off from the gym.

I'll be back at it bright and early tomorrow, then the rest of the day doing yardwork.

Gadizlover: Aww! Thanks so much! The exercising is getting so addictive! I feel really bad when I take the day off, even though I know I'm supposed to. Official weigh in is tomorrow. Keep those fingers crossed for the new clippie!

Dax: I'd try to fax you some crawfish, but I'm afraid it may make the fax machine a little gooey! :hyper:

Doreen: Thanks for your concerns! I'm eating until I feel "full" but not stuffed understand? I've reduced all my portion sizes but I'm still eating until I feel slightly full. I am going to try to be more diligent and not miss breakfast anymore though. :) Thanks for worrying!

Thanks Valerie, Tracy and Sharon for checking up on me!

Mom of Sleepy, Bashful and BabyDoc
04-02-2004, 08:30 AM
Just thought I'd mozy on over here............looks like you are doing great. And just one more pound until you get a new clippie. WoooHoooo! You go girl. You can do it.

Have a great Friday/Weekend. Don't blow it at the movies, OK??

tkd lisa
04-02-2004, 08:34 AM
Hi Desiree: I wanted to stop by and thank you for visiting my journal and supporting me during the rough week I had. I really appreciate it! You are doing great on your plan! Great job on the exercise!

Have a good weekend. Lisa

septbride2002
04-02-2004, 09:30 AM
Fabulous Darling! Isn't it great to have a group of people that care about you? Not just that you are losing weight but they want you to stay healthy as well. I just love it!

What kind of plan are you following WW? I just want to be able to share any knowledge if I have any.

Your menu looks great - especially lunch - it is making me hungry!

~Amanda

Desiree
04-02-2004, 09:37 AM
Thanks everyone! Y'all have a great day too!

Amanda: I'm actually not on any plan, per se, but just watching what I eat and eating in moderation.

luvmy2sams
04-02-2004, 09:43 AM

:jumping1: Congratulations on the 2 pound loss!! :jumping1:

You're doing such a great job with the exercise and portion control. You'll be shrinking to your goal in no time at all! ::yes::

Have a great time at the movies tonight! Beware of the snack monster and just say NO!! :p

Castillo Mom
04-02-2004, 12:03 PM
Hi Desiree! Woohoo, another 2 lbs. gone!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc Congratulations! Have a great weekend Desiree and keep up the good work!:D

Cheryl N. WI
04-02-2004, 12:18 PM
Hi Desiree :wave:

Wow you are doing GREAT , 2 pounds lost and you jogged 8 mn. straight!!!! You are an inspiration to me! I am now on week 2 of the Couch Potato to 5K program and I was looking ahead to the next week and see that I will be jogging 3 min. straight and I was thinking that would be quite an accomplishment, I can't wait to get to 8 min. Keep up the great work with your exercise and portion control. Take along a "legal" snack so that you won't be tempted by those M&Ms at the movies. Have a great time and a great weekend!

Cheryl :wave2:

Desiree
04-03-2004, 08:27 AM
MY NEW CLIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Official weigh in today and I am currently 181!!!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I feel like running around and singing "We are the champions!" Don't ya just love seeing results!!!

Yesterday's rundown:
B-Nutrigrain
S-2 mini muffins
L-Subway ww, turkey & ham, no chips
S-Hard boiled egg
D-Taco night last night! Only had 2 and I was stuffed.

We took the day off from the gym last night and we did go see Hellboy, (it really wasn't that bad as I was expecting! In fact, it was kinda good even!) So back to the gym today and we've got massive yardwork and cleaning to do today, so that does take priority over gym. Although I'm hoping to be done with all that in time to get there. We've got to go rent a lawnmower since the 2 that we own BLOW (and I'm not talking that it blows out the grass either) We've taken them both to a lawn repair place and the imbicile that "fixed" them apparently didn't do too good of a job. He better not charge us. Neither one of them work. GRRR. Ok, that was my vent for the day.

Devyn is at Girl Scout Camp this weekend and I miss her terribly. That and it doesn't help that I wanted to go too. :( But they already had enough parents sign up.

About to go rustle up some pancakes and get started cleaning something. If anyone's in S. Louisiana and wants to help, let me know! My yard is a doozy!

Anyways thats the game plan for the day. I hope everyone who weighs in today is successful!!! Hopefully I'll get to journals tomorrow.

vald1977
04-03-2004, 06:35 PM
Yay for Desiree :Pinkbounc :bounce: ! I'm so happy for you because that new clippie looks great :teeth: ! Hope you enjoyed your yard work today :crazy:. It's been rain, rain, rain around here lately so I've had a good excuse to let it slide ;) .

Hope you have a great weekend :sunny: !

gadizlover
04-03-2004, 08:32 PM
Wow- out sick one day and look what I miss!

Congratulations on the new clippee! Looking great- you just keep it up- I'm trying to keep pace behind you so don't slow down! :teeth:

I know that's a great feeling - and you have worked hard to get it, great going.

talk to ya soon,

Desiree
04-04-2004, 09:50 AM
Oowwwww!! I am so sore today!!! But I do say the yard looks really good!

Thanks everyone for your comments!! :)

Yesterday's rundown
B- 2 pancakes
L- nothing! uggh! Was too busy working outdoors
D-Small salad, spaghetti and 2 pieces of garlic bread.

I got in about 7500 steps yesterday just doing yardwork and didnt' get to the gym. I'll get there today though.

Ya'll have a good Sunday!

sharoncity
04-04-2004, 06:02 PM
A new clippee!! A new clippee!! WTG Desiree!!!!!!
:jumping1: :jumping1:
I just LOVE new clippee parties!:teeth:
Keep up the great work Desiree! You really are doing fantastic! I hope all those sore muscles are feeling a little bit better - isn't it amazing how much more it hurts when you do yard work instead of the gym???!!!:(
Hope you had a great Sunday!
TTFN-
Sharon

Cheryl N. WI
04-04-2004, 07:31 PM
Hey Desiree

CONGRATULATIONS on that new clippe! It looks so good on you! You are doing great! Don't worry about not getting to the gym, doing yard work is a lot of good exercise and if you're sore you don't want to over do it.

Cheryl :wave2:

toystoryduo
04-04-2004, 09:19 PM
Desiree~
Hey girl! I love that new clippie that you're sportin'! :smooth: You are doing a great job! Keep up the good work! Have a great week!

Desiree
04-05-2004, 07:30 AM
Thanks everyone. Yesterday I did kinda bad, but I made up for it at the gym.

B- 2 pks of Oatmeal
L-Sonic burger & a handful of tater tots
D-Raising Canes 3 chicken fingers & toast

Walked 22 minutes at the track at the gym and ran 8. Then did strength training. Left the gym and picked Devyn up from her camping trip then we went to my mom's to watch the Women's basketball game last night. While there, I got on her treadmill for 20 minutes too.

Well that's it in a nutshell. Don't think I'll be able to get to journals today since it may be busy at work. If I don't, y'all have a great day!

vald1977
04-05-2004, 10:32 AM
I just wanted to say how awesome I think it is that you have started running for 8 minutes! That's really great :) . Hmm, maybe I'll try running a little myself today.

We were also watching basketball the past couple of days for dh. I fell asleep during the Sat. night game but apparently our home town teams are both going to the final games. DH is excited ::yes:: .

Hope you have a great day today :sunny: !

Strings
04-05-2004, 10:47 AM
Hey Desiree,

I just want to say that you are doing an awesome job exercising. You ran/walked during the day, and then came back for more. WTG!

:tongue:
Beth

luvmy2sams
04-05-2004, 05:40 PM
Hi Desiree!

That new clippie looks wonderful on you! ::yes::

You're doing an awesome job with your exercise! Keep up the good work!

Hope you've had a great Monday!

ZerasPride
04-05-2004, 07:00 PM
Hi Desiree!

I wanted to stop by and thank you for giving me support on my journal and more importantly to give you a big WOHOO on your new clippie!!!! Congratulations, you go girl!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

Samandmom
04-05-2004, 08:50 PM
Desiree, your doing great with your excercise!! Way to go on the new clippie it looks slimming on you! :Pinkbounc

gadizlover
04-05-2004, 11:28 PM
Hi Desiree-
Just wanted to check in and see how your day is going!
Great on the exercise- you are really pumping it up a notch!:cool1:

Hope your day was a great one!

(uh-oh I found where the rest of the smilies are now- this could be trouble::yes::

myhandd
04-05-2004, 11:35 PM
Desiree, Just wanted to let you know I was pulling for your Lady Tigers...Tennessee has won enough.

Have a good day.

Later,

Dax

Desiree
04-06-2004, 06:35 AM
Yes I was rather depressed all day long yesterday. The game was quite a heartbreaker. Although, TN and us (LSU) both played rather sloppy. Ah, watch out next year.

The rundown for yesterday:

B-Nutrigrain
L-Sausage link (poboy sized), peach fruit cup & yogurt
S-Hard Boiled Egg
D-1 can tuna fish w/ Mac & Cheese & green beans

Didn't make it to the gym. I had a very bad sinus headache last night. Devyn's game is early tonight so I think we'll be able to go.

Thanks everyone for your posts! I'll try to get to some journals today at work.

I discovered fitday.com today. Is that thing accurate? I put the pork sausage link in there and it said 540 calories!!!!!! On the package that the sausage came in it only says.... Oh wait nevermind! I just actually looked at it and it said 150 per serving and there are 8 servings in the package. It's 3 links about 7" each. :mad: Geez, I used to eat the whole thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my god I feel bad now for not looking first! Ok nevermind, maybe fitday.com really knows that it's talking about. :o

toystoryduo
04-06-2004, 08:15 AM
Good morning Desiree,
Sending you lots of :sunny: and :wizard: to you today. I hope you feel better soon.::yes::

Take good care of you today!

Mom of Sleepy, Bashful and BabyDoc
04-06-2004, 09:56 AM
Desiree,

How ya doin'?? Sorry about the game. I'm a Penn State fan, and all I've had for the past two years is frustration. :rolleyes: :(

Looks like you're doing pretty good otherwise, though.

About your sausage.........when you say you would eat the whole thing or do you mean one whole link. One link would be 400 cal. right?? I'm not sure what you are counting for your serving size. I wouldn't worry about it much, you are exercising a lot. That should take care of some calories! :teeth:

Have a great day!:sunny:

vald1977
04-06-2004, 09:59 AM
Sinus headaches are the worst :mad: . I hope your feeling better today. Have fun at Devyn's game tonight :sunny: !

marsh0013
04-06-2004, 02:26 PM
i'm way late for this but hey, i'm not one to pass up a clippie party...

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :jumping1: CONGRATULATIONS!!!:jumping1: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

your new clippie looks awesome :smooth:

that really stinks about that sausage...i guess you just gotta read the label more carefully. although, you'd think, 3 sausages, probably 3 servings, silly packagers :rolleyes:

have a great time at the game tonight, hope you get to the gym too! :bounce:

Strings
04-06-2004, 06:07 PM
Hi Desiree,

I'm sorry about the game and your headache. I hope you are feeling better. Have fun at Devyn's game tonight.
Beth

Desiree
04-07-2004, 08:05 AM
Thanks everyone! I'm feeling better. We didn't make it to the gym yesterday. We should have no trouble getting there today though.
Yesterday rundown:

B-Nutrigrain
L-Sandwich
D-Meatloaf & corn

Sorry this is so quick! Busy day today!!!

Strings
04-07-2004, 08:14 AM
Hey desiree,

Have fun on your busy day. I have one concern. Are you eating enough? Have you run your menu's through Fitday. I would hate for you to be stalling your weightloss. Just a thought.
Have a good one.
:smooth:
Beth

septbride2002
04-07-2004, 09:25 AM
You are doing so AWESOME! Congratulations on the new clippie and for your endurance for making the commitment and sticking with it. That really is the hardest part - ya know!

~Amanda

DoeWDW
04-07-2004, 10:20 AM
:jumping3: :cool1: :jumping1: LOOK AT THAT NEW CLIPPIE!!!! :jumping1: :cool1: :jumping3:

Alright, I'm a bit late for the party but you knew I'd show up eventually, right?? :teeth:

Way to go on your beautiful clippie - it's looking lovely on you! All that hard work at the gym is paying off!!

Your menus look pretty good but I still worry you're not eating enough calories in a day. If you plug your food into Fitday and you're under 1200 calories, promise me you'll try to eat more, OK? You can eat a piece of fruit or a salad or extra veggies but try to get 1200 calories a day. Isn't it a pain having me around when I get stuck in Mom-mode??? :crazy:

Hope your Wednesday is filled with :sunny: and happy times!!

Desiree
04-07-2004, 11:15 AM
Ok I promise!! What is a correct average #of calories? Does anyone know?

Desiree
04-08-2004, 07:18 AM
Ok well the weight may not be falling off as fast as I'd like but let me tell you, I am losing inches!! I put on a pair of jeans today that I had just bought right before I started exercising and eating right. I had to do the wiggle dance and lay on the bed before to get them up! (Ladies, you know what I'm talking about). I put them on today and they went on with ease! They fit perfectly now! Of course, they are a size 16 but that's a definate improvement!!

I really need to get some measuring tape to keep track of this.

Yesterday's diet wasn't too good.
B- Nutrigrain
L- Leftover meatloaf & corn
D-Uggh.. Sonic burger and a handful of tots. Neither Chris or I wanted to get in the kitchen to cook yesterday.

I did get my exercise in. Didn't run yesterday. But I did walk for 30 min. and did strength training. Not sure if we'll be able to go to the gym tonight since Dev has a game and they'll be closed tomorrow for Good Friday. But even if they're closed tomorrow, we'll still go walk somewhere.

Oh well, off to start my day. Y'all have a good one. I promise I'll get to journals this weekend!

Strings
04-08-2004, 07:54 AM
Hi Desiree,

:bounce: :sunny: :Pinkbounc :sunny:
Congratulations on fitting in those jeans! I love when that happens. Go get a measuring tape. I can be so encouraging to see inches lost when your scale won't budge. With our strength training, you are building lots of toning muscle.

Have fun at Devyn's game.
Beth

DoeWDW
04-08-2004, 02:31 PM
Desiree, the doctors say you should not go below 1200 calories a day if you want to keep your body out of starvation mode. I know people who try to eat less but invariably they stall / plateau pretty quickly and then the weight just will not come off, in spite of eating very little. We don't want that to happen to you, girlfriend!!

Desiree's got Skinny Jeans!!! Good for you!! It's great to SEE the progress you're making - those skinny jeans do not lie! Had to laugh at your description of putting them on though! Yep, I know all about laying on the, sucking it in, zipping up quick and hoping nothing pops when I stand up! :eek: :crazy: Let's hope that neither of us have to do that ever again!! ::yes::

myhandd
04-08-2004, 10:55 PM
Congrats Desiree,

It really is a great feeling to get back into smaller clothes. In my case I have to cinch the belt tighter to keep my phone company issues up!

Well, just to get you up to date, DOE really busted my bubble about being the only guy on here! She just had to go out and find two more guys! Apparently I was not enough for her on this board! Anyway, I no longer will be referred to as TOFGIA! I will be...1 of 3.:teeth:

Anyway, have a nice weekend and keep on shrinking!

Later,

1 of 3 (Dax)

gadizlover
04-08-2004, 11:41 PM
Desiree,

Isn't that the best feeling- to fit into a smaller pair of pants- I have a pair like that right now- I'm still at the wiggling stage, but I can do it standing up. :teeth:

With all the exercising you are doing- the scale will move for ya soon, just hang in there- wear them skinny jeans proudly:cool1:

toystoryduo
04-09-2004, 09:44 AM
Desiree~
That is fabulous that you are wearing smaller clothes! Woohoo! I know that the scale doesn't always cooperate with us, but when you put on that pair of jeans in a smaller size, it makes all the hard work worth while. Great job Des!:bounce: Keep up the good work!!

Have a great Friday!

vald1977
04-09-2004, 04:45 PM
:Pinkbounc :bounce: All right, Desiree! I'm so happy to hear about your skinny jeans :D . Keep doing what your doing because it's working ::yes:: !

Wishing you a great day :sunny: !

Desiree
04-12-2004, 07:51 AM
Man man, what a bad weAkend! I did good up until yesterday. We had way too much chocolate lying around. :(

I'm back on track today though. We did not exercise all weekend, (Fri. & Sun. the gym was closed.. I know that's not an excuse!) and Sat. Chris came down with a fever and has been feeling really bad. So I've been taking care of him. I hope he's doing better today. I'm really itching to get back to the gym.

I hope everyone had a great Easter! The busy weekend is over with so I'm hoping to get to some journals today. (Alot of people are still out of work this week so I may be able to get to some journals provided we dont have to run many Helpdesk calls today!)

Strings
04-12-2004, 07:57 AM
Hi Desiree,

I hope Chris is feeling better today. I know you will get back to the gym as soon as you can. Can you believe that you are now looking forward to exercising? You've come a long way, ansd I'm proud of you.

Take care of yourself, so you don't get Chris's cold.
:tongue:
Beth

toystoryduo
04-12-2004, 08:00 AM
Hey Desiree,
:sunny: and :wizard: for Chris today. Hope he's feeling better soon. Please make sure that you take good care of you too so that you do not get sick.::yes::

Enjoy your time at the gym today! Have a great Monday!

luvmy2sams
04-12-2004, 10:24 AM

First of all...belated congrautulations on getting into those jeans! :jumping1: :jumping1: I had a similar experience while dress shopping on Saturday. Isn't it just the best feeling in the world? Even though it's not our target size, moving on down and being able to zip up is exciting! ::yes::

***:wizard: to Chris that he's feeling better today. It's no fun to be sick over the weekend!

I hope you are able to get to the gym today so you can get back into your routine. Have a great Monday!

gadizlover
04-12-2004, 10:22 PM
Hi Desiree:D

Hope you had a chance to get to your exercise today! It was raining all day today here, so I had to get on the treadmill tonight- it was actually easier than it was before, guess that walking is helping my endurance.

Easter was just a bump in the road- get right back on track- it is nice to have a treat now and then (re: my Bugaboo's dinner :p )
Hopefully, your scale won't even notice !
:goodvibes

Hope Chris is feeling better, lots of ucky stuff going around. I blame it on the weather not making its mind up- hot, cold, hot, cold- confuses the body too much :teeth:

Have a great one-

myhandd
04-13-2004, 12:22 AM
Congrats on the new clippie! I don't believe I have commented on it! Isn't it great to get a new one! Man I am so ready for my next one!

Let me know how you Tigers are doing in Baseball...I haven't had a chance to look on the net!

Keep up the good work!

1 of 3 signing off!

Dax

vald1977
04-13-2004, 09:22 AM
Just stopping by to wish you a Happy Tuesday :sunny: ! I hope Chris is feeling better :D .

DoeWDW
04-13-2004, 12:30 PM
Desiree, sorry to hear Chris has been under the weather. I hope he's feeling better now and you can get to the gym! Nothing like a good workout to relieve any stress!!

Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday! :sunny:

luvmy2sams
04-14-2004, 09:49 PM

Just checking in here. I hope that Chris is feeling better and that you've now been able to make it to the gym.

Hope that the week's been good to you so far and that tomorrow is even better!

Samandmom
04-14-2004, 10:00 PM
Wohoo!!! Congrats on skinny jeans. I hope your DH is feeling better. :D

myhandd
04-14-2004, 11:12 PM
Alright baseball fan,

I have posted a baseball trivia question for you on my thread, answer if you dare!

1 of 3,

Dax

Desiree
04-15-2004, 07:21 AM
Hi everyone.. Uggh I've been so out of it lately. I got whatever it was that Chris has and he's still hacking up bits of lung I think. :( So needless to say, we've not been to the gym since last week. I'm hoping we both will feel like at least walking tonight. Stupid chest colds!!! :( Just when I fall asleep, he gets a coughing fit and then vice versa with me. It's been a very rough week. I haven't even attempted to look at the dreaded scale!!

So I just wanted to tell everyone hey and that I'm still here! (barely!!!)

Dax: going to check out that trivia!! :)

Strings
04-15-2004, 07:53 AM
:hug: Desiree,

I'm sorry you ended up getting sick. That's something that Chris didn't need to share. Take it easy on yourself for the next few days.I'm sending some healing :wizard: your way.

Feel better soon.
Beth

luvmy2sams
04-15-2004, 09:25 AM

I'm so sorry that you ended up getting sick as well. Hopefully you and Chris will both be feeling better SOON! Those chest colds are the worst! I ended up at the doctor on Monday because of mine. Those coughing fits in the middle of the night can only be tolerated for so long! ***:wizard: to you both for a speedy recovery!

Take care!
Angela :wave2:

toystoryduo
04-15-2004, 09:29 AM
Desiree,
I'm sorry that both you and Chris are sick now. Here's extra healing:wizard: :wizard: for both of you. Try and take it easy for the next few days. Before you know it, you'll be back in the swing of things. Have a great Thursday!

gadizlover
04-15-2004, 10:11 PM
Hi Desiree-

I was afraid you may have gotten sick too, we missed you!::yes::

Sound like you two have what we had at our house earlier this month- you feel better in a few days, but the cough lasts much longer. :( Hope you get to feeling better really soon.:D

Get plenty of rest- then come and join us for some more fun!
(Is sweating and achy muscles and diets fun? Yeah I guess it is!
:teeth: )

Take care

Strings
04-16-2004, 08:25 AM
Hi Desiree,

I'm just stopping by to say hi. I hope you are feeling better. Have a good weekend.
Beth

myhandd
04-17-2004, 01:06 AM
Well Desiree, I am sorry you guys are sick...however there is a bright side to illness (I know your asking what?) Generally your appetite goes down and guess what, you lose weight! My wife and I pray for illness at times(It's called humor ladies!):crazy:

Anyway congrats on your partial victory in the DAXMAN's trivia challenge sponsored by Gillette!

Hey, send me some crawfish will ya!

Oh before I sign off, I just blistered Doe for her obviously incorrect statement that there were two other men around. I also fined her 1 demerit for a TOM mention without checking for lurking males. I will for this reason be taking a new nickname tommorrow, stay tuned for the annoucement, I know you won't want to miss it!

The artist formerly known as 1 of 3 signing off,

Dax

vald1977
04-17-2004, 09:43 AM
Hope you guys are feeling better. Have a great weekend :sunny: !

gadizlover
04-18-2004, 01:27 PM
Hi Desiree-

Hope you and yours are feeling better now, no fun being sick!

And congratulations on partially winnng "What's his name's" ( I just can't keep up with his name changes) trivia contest. Something is better than nothing,right?

Hope you get back to posting soon.

luvmy2sams
04-19-2004, 10:23 AM

I hope that you and yours are feeling much better today! :hug: and **:wizard: to you for a speedy recovery!

ZerasPride
04-19-2004, 03:39 PM
Hi Desiree, I was hoping to find you well but I see you guys are sick. I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you will be better and back to your regular routine soon. Please take care! :)

toystoryduo
04-20-2004, 07:41 AM
Hi Desiree,
I hope that you are all feeling better. Have a great week!

DoeWDW
04-21-2004, 09:08 AM
Desiree, are you all still sick at your house???? I'm sending a whole TRUCKLOAD of :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: with extra healing properties so you will all be feeling better soon!!

Take good care of you and hang in there!! Brighter days are sure to be just around the corner!! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

myhandd
04-22-2004, 10:06 AM
Hey girl,

Hadn't heard from you in a while so just checking on ya! Hope everything in the Bayou is going alright!

I know it is probably weird to see me posting in the day, but I am trying out a customers computer that has been having trouble with their 2 wire dsl. Seems to be working good now!

Catch you later,

FPL signing off,

Dax

Strings
04-22-2004, 07:55 PM
Hi Desiree,

I just wanted to say Hi! I hope you have a good weekend!

Beth

Desiree
04-23-2004, 06:36 AM
Hi everyone.. I'm sorry I've been awol lately. It's been a bad couple of weeks! I've had this nagging cough that has lingered and I've just been really tired since being sick. But I think I'm better now. And then last weekend my Aunt took ill suddenly and she passed away Monday morning. This whole week we've been doing the funeral thing and we've had family in from North Carolina and Virginia.

So anyway, the family heads back tomorrow and that's when I'm planning on getting back to the gym. I don't even want to step on the scale, but I guess I have to tomorrow to see where I stand.

I'm sorry everyone! I will be doing journals this weekend and checking to see how everyone has been doing. I'm back on track now!

lulu201
04-23-2004, 06:51 AM
:hug: to you, Desiree. Glad to see you back on the WISH.:flower:

Don't worry about the scale. . .you'll be back in your groove in no time. ::yes::

Erin

vald1977
04-23-2004, 10:01 AM
:hug: Hi Desiree,
Sorry to hear about the passing of your Aunt. I'm sure you will get back to your healthy eating plan as soon as life calms down for you. I'm glad you're getting back to your journal :D .

Strings
04-23-2004, 10:11 AM
:hug: :hug: Desiree,
I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Don't stress about the scale. Easy for me to say, huh? You'll be back on track by Monday.
Beth

gadizlover
04-24-2004, 11:02 PM
Desiree-
So sorry to hear about your Aunt. Prayers for you and your family.
Hope you are feeling better now and over that nasty sickness. Just take a deep breath, step and the scale and start fresh with whatever you find. You can do it!

myhandd
04-25-2004, 12:12 AM
Desiree,

Sorry to hear about your aunt. I knew when I didn't hear from you for a while something was probably up.

Hope to hear from you soon...

The incredible shrinking one!

Dax

Desiree
04-25-2004, 08:37 AM
Back up to 184. 3 pounds up. Not too bad considering that I was expecting the worst. I went yesterday to go work in my uncle's yard (he's the husband of my aun't that just died). He's not in that great of shape either. So anyways, we went over there to do some yardwork and I think it drained me of every ounce of energy I had. So much for going to the gym. I'm not sure that I'm ready though. I am really tired and I still have that stupid cough that seems to linger a bit when I get too hot or worked up. Grr. That's such an annoyance! I think I will give myself a couple more days to see if the cough and the runny nose decides to go away.

Thanks for checking in on me everyone!

Strings
04-25-2004, 05:05 PM
Hey Desiree,

I'm proud of you for listening to your body. It's not the thing to do if you are ill. Those 3 pounds will come off in no time. Keep :drinking:
Beth

toystoryduo
04-26-2004, 09:36 AM
Hey Desiree,
Sending you:hug: and :wizard: today. I hope that you start to feel better soon.::yes:: I think it's good that you are listening to your body. You'll know when you are ready to start working out again.

I'm very sorry to hear about your aunt. I 'll say some prayers for you and your family.

Take good care of you Des!

gadizlover
04-27-2004, 12:06 PM
Hi Desiree-
Thanks for stopping by my journal. Hope you are on the mend, seems once that stuff gets into your lungs, it just wants to make itself at home.

Get that water going and you will probably have those pounds off in no time. Hope to hear you are feeling well real soon:sunny:

DoeWDW
04-28-2004, 11:04 AM
Desiree, I'm so sorry to hear the sad news about your aunt.

I hope you're starting to get back into your routine - sometimes it helps with the healthy habits. If you're still having a nagging cough, especially after exertion, you may want to check with the doctor. You may have bronchitis or asthma. Please take care of you!

I hope your Wednesday goes well! :sunny:

Desiree
04-28-2004, 01:04 PM
Thanks everyone.. I finally feel like I'm back to "normal" or at least as close to normal as I get!!! :crazy:

We're planning on possibly going to the gym tonight or definately playing Tennis with Devyn. She's been itching to go try that and I finally feel up to it. We may be able to get in both.

Tomorrow I'm back on the plan. I've been slacking and drinking Sprite's and sneaking a coke here and there. Sprite started when I was sick and needing liquids, cokes, well that's just a no no. I'm glad to hopefully be back to my normal routine starting tomorrow.

***ALERT FOR DAX or 1 of 3, or TOFGIA or whatever you are calling yourself these days!**** Read no further....

TOM is just around the corner too so I'm not even going to attempt to get on the scale until next week. I'd be too afraid of what I'd see.

****It's ok for you to continue reading now*****

Devyn's been doing well with her softball games, for those interested. Although I'm a little peeved at her coaches. Devyn has made every practice and always has been on time for each game, has been sitting out at least an inning each of the last few games while other "children" who are contstantly late or missing practices play the entire game. Kristen (dev's stepmom) had what seemed to be a pretty productive conversation with the coach last practice on Saturday (it was their weekend with Dev, so she took her to the practice). Well needless to say the coach said that he wants to put Dev on First base. Why tell Kristen that if you're not going to follow through with it?!?! Yep, you guessed it, last night's game, no first base. Sooo. Bottom line, is that next year Kristen and I will coach a team. This guy has no sense of fairness. Dev is constantly sitting on the bench while his and the other coach's kids have full playing time. Not to toot her own horn either, but Dev is a decent little player too. She's been playing for 5 years now.

Ok vent over! That felt better to type it out. This has been bugging me about these coaches for quite some time now. And it's not that it's just that she's sitting on the bench, I mean just give equal time for EVERYONE to sit out here and there and rotate the kids around a bit so they get some experience!

Anyhoo I hope everyone is having a great week. I need to start looking for the next challenge since I've totally blown this Mother's day one to smithereens!

Strings
04-28-2004, 04:51 PM
Hi Desiree,

I'm glad youre feeling better. This bug that is going around is a doozy. That coach sounds like Katie's soccer coach. I think it is great that you are willing to coach Devyn's team next year. It also says alot about you that you get on so well with Kristen.

Have a great one,
Beth

Desiree
04-29-2004, 07:27 AM
Well I survived! I didn't jog though. Dev and I played Tennis for about an hour and had a blast doing it! Then Chris and I went to the gym. I only did one set of each on the weight training. But will bump that back up on Friday.

It feels good to be back in full swing. I dont think I'm going to post my meals anymore though. It's just too time consuming but I will check in with updates and make sure I'm getting my water in and such.

Y'all have a great day!

vald1977
04-29-2004, 09:52 AM
I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your day yesterday. Hope you have a great one today :sunny: !

gadizlover
04-29-2004, 09:40 PM
Hi Desiree,

Good to see you back in action.
Sorry to hear about your coach issue- seems to me at her age, they should be rotating fairly so everyone can have an equal chance to play.
Good for you for making a stand and deciding to coach next year.

I keep asking DH to consider it for DS. The last two season, it seems the coach's kids have been the worse behaved kids on the team. I would just die if I was a coaching a team and my DS acted up like that. :eek: Hope your daughter gets some good play time before the end of the season. :D

lulu201
05-03-2004, 08:29 AM
:wave2: Just stopping by to say "hi" and give you a little reminder to :drinking: and to treat yourself in a healthy way!

Hope you had a nice weekend,
Erin

wilderness01
05-06-2004, 05:21 PM
Stopping by to say hi. Glad you are better. That is frustrating with unfair coaches isn't it? My one son's coach last year thanked me for having such a well behaved son and stated "he was the ONLY one on the team that would listen to what they said and do as he was told"! I then said, "thank you for the compliment but he has no choice but to listen since he is only 9 and should do as he is told"! We had the biggest brat on the team and he constantly played all the time. He should have been benched for his bad behavior and poor sportsmanship, but never was! It drove me crazy:crazy: ! I pretty much always like kids but couldn't stand this little brat. The coach would sit other kids out but never this kid. He never played in position and would argue with the coaches/refs. Go figure. You should have seen his mother in action. The apple certainly didn't fall far from the tree!:earseek: