PDA

View Full Version : New Fireworks at MK

PyroT
04-23-2003, 04:57 PM
The new fireworks show for Mk will probably be up and running by Nov. '03. It is going to incorporate several of the buildings around the castle, and the main fireworks site.

Stacy's a freak
04-23-2003, 07:46 PM
Is it true that during off seasons the MK only has fireworks on Saturdays? I'm wondering specifically about early October. If so, it makes me sad - that is one of the things a person remembers most, I think.

What do you think?

toefungus
04-23-2003, 07:59 PM
Sounds cool, is it going to be a modified Fantasy in the Sky or a whole new show with new music?

DisneyKidds
05-02-2003, 11:00 AM
Found this recently on WDWMAGIC.....................
28 April 2003: MK Fireworks Show Update

Further to the 7 February 2003 update below, rumors inside MK indicate that the new firework show has been given final approval. The preliminary name of the show is "Wishes", and will feature narration by Jiminy Cricket, and an all new musical score.

As witnessed by the testing a few months back, there will be brand new pyro effects, never before used, and 8 new launch locations.

Finally, more good news...
The opening date looks to be moving towards October 2003, rather than December 2003. Please remember though, this is unconfirmed speculation, and as always, is subject to change.
This does sound cool, or should I say Kewl :smooth:. The MK really did need an update of the fireworks. While seeing fireworks over the castle is Magical +, the show itself is less than spectacular. When you see fireworks like they have during events like MVMCP you realize how truely incredible they can be. It sounds like this may be a step in that direction. In my rounds I have seen rumors of this new show being up as early as October, or as late as January, 2004. I hope we get to see it on our early December trip.

BRERALEX
05-02-2003, 11:04 AM
Pyro-loved you in xmen 2 saw the midnight showing you were great :D

'As witnessed by the testing a few months back, there will be brand new pyro effects, never before used, and 8 new launch locations.'

PHATTTTTT. and as long as i get that tear in my eye at the end im happy

PyroT
05-15-2003, 10:25 AM
This won't be like Fantasmic, this will still use the existing fireworks site, plus we will be using sites inside the park, similar to Sorcery. This will be a great show, it will definately put a tear in your eye.

DisneyKidds
05-15-2003, 11:05 AM
This won't be like Fantasmic, this will still use the existing fireworks site, plus we will be using sites inside the park, similar to Sorcery. This will be a great show, it will definately put a tear in your eye.
Wow, here and on the Studios construction thread, new posters (single digits) making strong statements about new shows and attractions. Who are you guys? Give us more details on who you are, what you know, and from what sources - or tell us why you can't tell us...............pleeeeaaase ;).

PyroT
05-29-2003, 09:19 AM
I work for the fireworks dept. at Disney World.

Luv2Roam
05-29-2003, 05:51 PM
If it is even half as good as the MNSSHP fireworks, it should be great! :bounce:

EUROPA
05-29-2003, 06:18 PM
To tell you the truth ....I'm not sure I would even know if there was a new fireworks display.

hAm53
05-29-2003, 08:28 PM
It is going to incorporate several of the buildings around the castle, and the main fireworks site.

Pyro,

First off, welcome aboard. Big fan of your work.
Are the new fireworks still going to be visable from the Cali Grille, or will people not be able to see the whole show from there? I realize it might still be a little early to ask.

~Chris

Disneycrazymom
05-29-2003, 10:33 PM
Will "Wishes" be similar to "Believe" in Disneyland? I still tear up 2 years later when I listen to the soundtrack. That was a special fireworks show, a perfect way to end a special day.:)

mousetrom
05-30-2003, 10:27 AM
Wow! My DH and I LOVE Sorcery. We think it's one of the best FW shows anywhere. If the new MK show approaches that, we may have to renew our AP's when they expire in Oct!!!

We were staying at WL last Oct during Halloween festivities and loved the perimeter FW on Seven Seas Lagoon. It was beautiful to watch from all around the lagoon. Almost felt bad for folks inside the park as it was SO spectacular from GF and Poly.

Can't wait to hear more!!!

KNWVIKING
05-30-2003, 10:57 AM
... In May they ran an extra Fantasy in the Sky show on a Tuesday nite, but no tinkerbell. Is she gone for good or was this just an isolated incident? The cable is still there.

safetymom
05-30-2003, 12:28 PM
We saw her fly May 13.

PyroT
07-22-2003, 12:28 PM
Sorry that I haven't posted in a while, been a little busy. This show will have Tink in it, but this show will be different from any other show that we do as far as fireworks go.

wareagle
07-22-2003, 10:45 PM
When will this show be up and running? Any chance by the first of Oct?

montessori
07-24-2003, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the info and welcome to the DisBoards, PyroT!
You are in the Dis Class Yearbook! ;)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=385337&referrerid=28080 click on this link.
Your yearbook picture is on page 64. :)

stal
08-04-2003, 03:51 PM
any more news or information about this?

RAD
08-06-2003, 09:47 AM
Just saw that the October hours have been posted on the Disney site and I don't see on single date where there is a fireworks program during the month, even on Saturdays where the park is open until 10 or 11PM. That stinks!

wdwguide
08-06-2003, 10:00 AM
RAD,

that's completely normal - they'll be added later. Someone really should make those sort of things a sticky on the planning board.

DisneyKidds
08-06-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by stal
any more news or information about this?
Apparently this new fireworks show will be part of the latest Disney celebration called Magical Gatherings. Here is a link to an Intercot thread where the celebration is being discussed.
http://www.intercot.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=004148

PyroT
08-06-2003, 10:53 AM
This show has been in the planning stage for over a year, now whether they were planning the new celebration who knows. This show should be up and running by the beginning of Oct. There are several special events for the press set up for the first week in Oct., and after that the show should be up and running full time.

DisneyKidds
08-06-2003, 12:21 PM
This show has been in the planning stage for over a year, now whether they were planning the new celebration who knows.
I have no doubt the new fireworks show was established/planned long before this new "celebration". However, Disney is good at producing opportunities to tie new entertainment to an advertising campaign - and this new "celebration", while a bit of a stretch, fits the bill. All the new stuff we are seeing this summer/fall was in no way dependant on the "celebration". Rather, the "celebration" gives them a drum to beat to play up the new stuff, and something to print on the napkins.

stal
08-06-2003, 06:17 PM
thanks. On the WDW website it says that FITS will be showing throughout October. Do you think that this will change nearer the event?

thanks.

Terry S
08-08-2003, 09:23 PM
PyroT... I will be at WDW Oct 3rd - Oct 12th. Will there be a chance to see this new show then? Will it be like the Mickeys Not So Scary Fireworks that go off all around the park?

disneyjunkie
08-09-2003, 06:38 AM
Can you please us when the new show starts? We will be there Oct.1-6; will we get to see the new show? :confused:

Strings
08-09-2003, 02:50 PM
Maybe the show will be running since FITS is listed almost every night. Seems last time we went off season, FITS was only twice that week?

Dad
08-13-2003, 03:59 AM
Pyro, any chance they will do a soft opening the week of Sept. 14th thru the 21st?

J. Galt
08-15-2003, 10:23 AM
I asked this question on another board, buy I was hoping I could get a response here. I have a MK Fireworks cruise booked for November. Will the Fireworks cruise still be a good option for viewing the "spectacular" with this new "Wishes" show, or am I better off braving the crowds in the park? I guess I am wondering if there will be enough stuff going on in the sky, or will all the really neat stuff be closer to the ground?

Highland Lass
08-15-2003, 02:49 PM
My daughter will be 10 when we go to WDW in December. Unfortunately she has a terror of loud noises and there no way I can persuade her to go to a fireworks display.

Is there somewhere she could go in the park with her Grandpa (God bless grandpas...) while we enjoy the show ??????

Also is Spectromagic a parade with lights and no bangs ????

micfan
08-15-2003, 03:46 PM
Why not have grandma and grandpa take her to dinner at the California Grille at the top of the Contemporary resort. If it's timed right and the right table is requested, they could watch the fireworks over dinner.

Correct Spectromagic is all lights and music, no bangs.

Highland Lass
08-15-2003, 04:00 PM
Thank you so much Micfan, we may just all go to the California Grille for dinner.........great idea.

We will probably also go to Spectromagic........no bangs !!!

Thanks and Hi also from Hannah ...age 9 :D

Grog
08-15-2003, 08:52 PM
Will "Wishes" be similar to "Believe" in Disneyland? I still tear up 2 years later when I listen to the soundtrack.
That's what I have been hearing. If you want to see a video of Believe, you can find one at The Disneyland Source (http://disneylandsource.com/main/today.shtml)

Demosthenes
08-16-2003, 07:18 AM
Maybe I'm wrong about this, but after watching that video of "Dreams," it seemed to me that there are not as many fireworks in "Dreams" as in FITS. Also, are the MK foreworks higher than the DL fireworks? Maybe it's just my mind playing tricks on me. Does anyone have a source for a video of FITS?

stal
08-16-2003, 11:01 AM
I read somewhere that FITS uses 300 shells and lasts 8 minutes. The new one uses 800 shells and lasts 12 minutes.

colleen costello
08-22-2003, 11:00 PM
Highland Lass, PLEASE plan on Spectromagic. It's too beautiful to miss! We see it whenever we can and it is truly gorgeous. My children love it. The colors and music are just lovely. Get there early and get a curb seat. Don't miss it! It's hard to describe in a way that does it justice... kinda like Christmas lights are so much more magical than just the lights? The parade really is a must-see.

Highland Lass
08-23-2003, 04:10 AM
Hi Colleen Costello

Thanks for the advice.

I will take Hannah to Spectromagic.She will possibly miss out on the magic of the fireworks so I really want her to see a "bang" free parade.

She has a real terror of the noise fireworks make, its not just a little concern. She goes pale and shakes and cries and won't take her hands from her ears, she says the noise hurts her head. Maybe she has super-sensitive hearing ?? Maybe if there was a laser show we could go there, anyone know ???

I'll let you know how we get on.

We leave home on 30th November.....counting the days......

colleen costello
08-23-2003, 02:58 PM
The weirdness of little kids is amazing. My daughter HATES bugs. She screams at so much as a gnat. We have been inside all summer (except to swim) and she's got my son scared now too. Yet these same kids are fearless around big dogs and scary movies -- go figure! And my daughter held a giant Malaysian cockroach at the science museum the other day! She said it was so big it didn't seem like a bug (it sure did to me!).

Lots of kids are scared of fireworks. They ARE loud. She may have a sensitive ear. My hubby has one ear that is real sensitive to certain sounds. Said he's always been that way and no doc could ever explain it. Certain noises, not all loud, drive him NUTS. Folks are sensitive to different kinds of things!

Spectromagic will make up for the missed fireworks. Fantasmic is neat but probably too noisy for your daughter.

Disneycrazymom
08-23-2003, 04:42 PM
:bounce: I can NOT wait to see this new show!!! Where will be the best viewing spot? If it is as good as Believe we are all in for a real treat!:Pinkbounc

PyroT
08-25-2003, 03:38 PM
Ok, lets go down the line of questions here:

1. Wishes is totally different than any show that disney does. The only show that it might be close to is Sorcery, and that is only because Wishes is using both the main fireworks site that is currently used in FITS, and also incorporates roof-top sites inside of the park. Other than those, this show is new and different.

2. Wishes will open to a press event, Oct. 8, 9, or 10. Have not got the official day yet. After that debut it will then be open to the park. With a fireworks show there is no "soft" opening due to the man hours involved in getting all the cues right, build of firework sites, product involvement, and so forth. We have tests scheduled for pretty much the entire month of Sept., but that is as close to a "soft" opening that we get. If you are staying at one of the main hotels (Poly, GF, or Cont.) you might be able to catch a glance, but other than that all of the test are closed to public.

3. Best seats for the show, will as always be infront of the Castle, somewhere on Main Street. As far as a fireworks cruise goes, I could not tell you. I am sure that it would still be an exciting adventure.

4. FITS currently uses approx. 332 shells, and the show is appox. 11 minutes long.

I hope that this helps everyone. As more information becomes available, I will let all of you know. Have a great day.

Strings
08-26-2003, 08:00 AM
PyroT,
I wanted to thank you for providing us with so much information. You've been a great resource.

hopemax
08-26-2003, 10:27 AM
If Wishes is like Believe the "sweet spot" will be at the top end of MS, about 20 feet past the front doors of the top end buildings. At DL that's outside Coke Corner and the camera store. At WDW, that would be Casey's and the Bakery. Walk a short distance toward the castle, look at the speakers up above, find where the two speakers are parallel, stand between them. That should be it.

When the show starts performing, look for suit wearing or polo-shirt wearing CM's standing around that area, the park execs, and the show designers will stand near the "sweet spot" to test the show.

However, depending on how many locations fireworks are shot from, there could be multiple sweet spots, but look for the groups of high-level CM's and you will track them down.

PyroT
08-27-2003, 03:38 PM
The one thing about MK, is that there are viewing sites on top of the MS buildings. These are only for the Exec' to watch from. Though, there might be some on MS.